If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony 43W805c V's 43W755c

Options
  • 01-01-2016 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hello,

I'm in the market for a new TV and I'm drawn to the Sony 43W805c or the 43W755c.

Other than the fact the 805c has 3d (which I have no interest in), is there a valid reason to get it ahead of the 755? 

Also, is it possible to get these delivered to Dublin?

Thx.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Clav wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm in the market for a new TV and I'm drawn to the Sony 43W805c or the 43W755c.

Other than the fact the 805c has 3d (which I have no interest in), is there a valid reason to get it ahead of the 755? 

Also, is it possible to get these delivered to Dublin?

Thx.
    HI Clav, thanks for your post

Comparing the 2 models side by side, the only difference in spec is the 3D. Refresh rate/processor etc is the same, so if you don't need 3d, then the 755 is the model to go for

The 43w755 is available to ship to ROI at €599 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/cssearch.aspx?searchterm=43w# and the 43w805 is unfortunately an in-store only item and so can't be shipped

Regards
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Clav

Thanks Brian.

The financial controller has decided the silver W756 is nicer looking so I will go with that. Will place the order online (I actually need 2 of them)

I also need a wall mount. Do you have a recommendation for one that would be suitable? I need it to both tilt and turn.

Cheers,

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks Brian.

The financial controller has decided the silver W756 is nicer looking so I will go with that. Will place the order online (I actually need 2 of them)

I also need a wall mount. Do you have a recommendation for one that would be suitable? I need it to both tilt and turn.

Cheers,
    Hi Clav.

Most of the mounts that we stock are from the Sanus range and I've just checked their site and they state that none of their brackets will fit this screen.

In saying that. I think the Sanus VMT15 would fit using the Sanus adapter kit. Priced at £69.95
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200144-vmt15.aspx

I'll double check on this to be safe.

Hi Kenny,

I need both tilt and turn on the mount and that Sanus is tilt only from what I can see.

I've done some digging and from what I can find, the 2015 w755c is 400x300 VESA compatible directly without the need for an adapter.

I can't post a URL but if you Google "sony 43w755c vesa", one of the first results is for a page called "SONY EU | Support - Wall mounting - Is my TV VESA" and it has the VESA compatibilities listed.

If that's true, then any bracket that can take the appropriate size, weight and has the correct VESA standard should work right?

Is there any way to confirm this?

Folks,

Any update on a recommendation for a bracket?

Clav

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,

I need both tilt and turn on the mount and that Sanus is tilt only from what I can see.

I've done some digging and from what I can find, the 2015 w755c is 400x300 VESA compatible directly without the need for an adapter.

I can't post a URL but if you Google "sony 43w755c vesa", one of the first results is for a page called "SONY EU | Support - Wall mounting - Is my TV VESA" and it has the VESA compatibilities listed.

If that's true, then any bracket that can take the appropriate size, weight and has the correct VESA standard should work right?

Folks,

I kind of need to make a decision on this. Sorry to push but if you could let me know one way or the other....

Thx,
    Clav

Hi Kenny,

Folks,

I kind of need to make a decision on this. Sorry to push but if you could let me know one way or the other....

Thx,
    Clav
    Hi Clav,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. 

As far as I am aware the 2014 models required an adapter to mount but the current 2015 models do not so any VESA approved bracket will do provided they accept 400 x 300. The cheapest Sanus bracket we would have that would tilt and swivel is the SANUS VLF311 at £129.95. We have mounted the 40 inch and the 49 inch Sonys with Sanus brackets so I don't see why the 43 inch would not work.

Kind Regards

David

Thanks All,

Have placed an order online.

Clav

Thanks All,

Clav
    Hi Clav.

Thank you for the order. Just to confirm it was the 50" you ordered?

We will have this looked after and shipped to you ASAP.

Thanks All,

Clav
    Hi Clav.

Hi Kenny,

It was 2, KDL-43W756C

Clav

• Advertisement

Thanks All,

Clav
    Hi Clav.

Hi Kenny,

It was 2, KDL-43W756C

Clav
    Hey Clav.

Ah, I see the order now. Brian has been looking after you :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.