Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to 3

Options
  • 01-01-2016 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

With today's data issues it got me thinking is there a better deal out there

I need texts and use a lot of net, usual usage then cloud for picture video backup,then ideally credit over to cover calls

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Try installing killbiller. Will analyse your usage and show you what you'd be paying with the various plans. Works on android at least, don't know about ios.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

jeffk wrote: »
    With today's data issues it got me thinking is there a better deal out there

I need texts and use a lot of net, usual usage then cloud for picture video backup,then ideally credit over to cover calls

Thanks
    All the piggy-back services that use the Three network are suffering chronic problems. You need to totally avoid Three - their network is banjaxed and will take at least 2 years to fix.

Your choices are Meteor/Eir or Vodafone - both are generally very reliable networks compared to Three. Meteor have the best standalone mobile deals, but Eir can be worth considering if you are bundling with Fixed Broadband or TV. Vodafone tends to be expensive and has lower caps for data.

Depending on your data usage requirements, Meteor PAYG €20 per month gives you unlimited Voice, 7.5GB of data and 400 free texts using the MyMeteor app. (First 6 months you get 15GB). €24 SIM only from Meteor gives unlimited texts and 5GB data (10GB pm for first 6 months).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

MarkR wrote: »
    Try installing killbiller. Will analyse your usage and show you what you'd be paying with the various plans. Works on android at least, don't know about ios.

+1 for KillBiller, which also works perfectly on iOS, BTW.

Feature suggestion for KillBiller: Filter to include/exclude the MVNO's for each network - eg: if you have an issue with the 3 network, for example, you should be able to exclude networks (MVNO's) that use it.

Advertisement