Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior cert mocks

Options
  • 01-01-2016 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Any 1 have any idea what will be coming up on d mocks?
    Any study advice?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Please read the first line of the charter for this forum.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=222536

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Bazzers

Any one give some study advice to prepare for the mocks/junior cert

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Pay attention in class.
    Do your homework.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

what if we are not done the course yet? eg. im doing honors math and our teacher said we will probably only finish the course after the mocks, she is a great teacher and likes to go into depth with everything but should i have a few peaks at what we haven't covered yet our should i just revise?

sirboby wrote: »
    what if we are not done the course yet? eg. im doing honors math and our teacher said we will probably only finish the course after the mocks, she is a great teacher and likes to go into depth with everything but should i have a few peaks at what we haven't covered yet our should i just revise?

This is one of the reasons some teachers don't bother with mocks.
    In the interest of fairness, they will have to either adjust the marking scheme to omit questions you had not covered, or leave them out of the exam altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

For our junior cert mocks (and they're doing it again for my leaving cert mocks) our maths teacher told us which questions not to attempt as we hadn't covered them yet, and attached a couple of extra questions at the end of our exam to replace them, so we weren't marked on anything we hadn't covered.
    If your school doesn't do something like that, when you get your exam back just recalculate your mark leaving out any questions that you weren't able to attempt

Advertisement