Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iMessage Turns off randomly

• 01-01-2016 11:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

My wife is on Meteor PAYG. Her iMessage keeps turning off randomly and she has to reactivate it. She needs to have credit as Meteor charge to send the activation text to Apple. She got a new phone at Christmas and the problem still happens so it's not the phone. I got onto Meteor and they don't seem to think it's anything to do with them. She might get a few days out of it and then iMessage would just turn off for no reason and she would have to deactivate it again with Apple. I've reset the network settings but doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Is she frequently in places with no service, or does her internet drop out when she has no credit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Zcott wrote: »
    Is she frequently in places with no service, or does her internet drop out when she has no credit?

The service in our house is very bad and the wifi isn't great either. She sometimes turns off the wifi on her phone if it's bad. She must lose service on her phone then and that's when iMessage turns off. I didn't realise that could happen. I thought once iMessage was activated that was that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Stephen P wrote: »
    The service in our house is very bad and the wifi isn't great either. She sometimes turns off the wifi on her phone if it's bad. She must lose service on her phone then and that's when iMessage turns off. I didn't realise that could happen. I thought once iMessage was activated that was that.

I thought that once it was activated that should be it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I've seen iMessage turning itself off before on a friend's phone, and I think it was constantly trying to send iMessages in areas of limited coverage. I think if it falls back to SMS enough times eventually iMessage gets turned off...but again, this is speculation. You could try resetting network settings to see if that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

whiterebel wrote: »
    I thought that once it was activated that should be it?

Yeah, it should be a one off charge for activation. It's this is the case then it must be Meteor who's at fault?

• Advertisement
Advertisement