Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smyths Toy Store- Advice please

Options
  • 01-01-2016 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi There,

I left the following post on the Smiths Toystore facebook and it explains the issue fairly well..

"Hi There,

I would like to lodge a complaint.

Yesterday my wife and I went into your stop in Childers road Limerick.

We went in to buy a cot, mattress, baby pillow, side rails etc for our 2 month old son.

We were greeted by a friendly young lady (I do not want to blame or try to get this lady in trouble as she was friendly however I do believe she made the mistake, we can all make mistakes).

We wanted to buy the Jackson cot+bed with the above accessories stated above. The lady brought out a mattress which I decided to try in the display model and it did not fit, I brought this to her attention and she promptly got the correct size. The cot+bed was left by the till for us so all good. We collected the goods and brought them home.

Today I assembled the cot+bed to find that it is just a cot (the incorrect product and the mattress does not fit because the mattress is for the product we thought that we were actually buying)

My wife and I spent over €250 in your store yesterday. Your store is closed today.

All I want is to get the cot+bed that we wanted originally and I need to get this organised ASAP please. I am happy to talk on the phone or whatever is required but I want to get this resolved.

Thanking you in advance"

Its New Years day so I got no reasponce and the store is closed. I will be going there tomorrow in order to get what I actually ordered.

Just to say yes the item has been opened however there is no way to identify the item initially as it came in a blank cardboard box.

My question is can I expect much resistance?

Cheers
    EK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Why exactly did you have to post on the Facebook page.

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

Luke92 wrote: »

And luke why do you need to know this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ekboy

Luke92 wrote: »

Store closed today however facebook page apparently being worked by somebody

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

This is silly, you don't have an issue yet. If they don't resolve it tomorrow then you have an issue. I'm sure they'll sort it with no problems.

This is silly, you don't have an issue yet. If they don't resolve it tomorrow then you have an issue. I'm sure they'll sort it with no problems.

Hope so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

ekboy wrote: »
    Store closed today however facebook page apparently being worked by somebody

Why don't you contact the store directly 1st and see what they have to say before making multiple posts on social media?!

What did you pay for?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You have jumped the gun by posting on Facebook. Today is a public holiday, so it's unfair to expect any response today. The Facebook page is probably being managed through scheduled posts.

Just go back into the store tomorrow, when it's open, and try to resolve this amicably with the manager or representative. Give Smyths a fair chance to resolve this first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

ekboy wrote: »
    Hi There,

I left the following post on the Smiths Toystore facebook and it explains the issue fairly well..

"Hi There,

I would like to lodge a complaint.

Yesterday my wife and I went into your stop in Childers road Limerick.

We went in to buy a cot, mattress, baby pillow, side rails etc for our 2 month old son.

We were greeted by a friendly young lady (I do not want to blame or try to get this lady in trouble as she was friendly however I do believe she made the mistake, we can all make mistakes).

We wanted to buy the Jackson cot+bed with the above accessories stated above. The lady brought out a mattress which I decided to try in the display model and it did not fit, I brought this to her attention and she promptly got the correct size. The cot+bed was left by the till for us so all good. We collected the goods and brought them home.

Today I assembled the cot+bed to find that it is just a cot (the incorrect product and the mattress does not fit because the mattress is for the product we thought that we were actually buying)

My wife and I spent over €250 in your store yesterday. Your store is closed today.

All I want is to get the cot+bed that we wanted originally and I need to get this organised ASAP please. I am happy to talk on the phone or whatever is required but I want to get this resolved.

Thanking you in advance"

Its New Years day so I got no reasponce and the store is closed. I will be going there tomorrow in order to get what I actually ordered.

Just to say yes the item has been opened however there is no way to identify the item initially as it came in a blank cardboard box.

My question is can I expect much resistance?

Cheers
    EK

The Jackson cot+bed is currently €149.99 (was €179.99) so you must have paid for something else as well, is this itemised on the receipt, is it possible there was a second box and you left it behind.

In my experience Smyth's have a very good level of customer service, so when they reopen, they should sort it out quickly for you.

The Jackson cot+bed is currently €149.99 (was €179.99) so you must have paid for something else as well, is this itemised on the receipt, is it possible there was a second box and you left it behind.

In my experience Smyth's have a very good level of customer service, so when they reopen, they should sort it out quickly for you.

All sorted this morning due to the helpful nature of the manager. All good🎅

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Please update Facebook on this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭Milly33

bit daft to post, sure there is no issue, fine they messed up but sure we all do sometimes.. Smyths are very good in fairness to them

Please update Facebook on this too.

Done this morning

Milly33 wrote: »
    bit daft to post, sure there is no issue, fine they messed up but sure we all do sometimes.. Smyths are very good in fairness to them

If you read again its an honest question.

Regardless all credit to them

Advertisement