Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on buying to let 1 bed apartment in Tallaght

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,472 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

This is a little academic as I doubt any bank will want to loan on a btl property where the borrower essentially has no deposit. Whats more, I can't help but feel that the op here is not serious with little intention or likelihood of actually purchasing anything.

On the one hand he sets himself out as a savvy and well connected investor who can access cash from friends without difficulty and can cover payments "with ease". What's more Revenue is apparently not a concern for reasons indiscernible to the rest of us but which he is unwilling or unable to reveal.

However from his several posts it is clear that the op knows next to nothing about;
    Tallaght
    Apartments
    Renting
    Being a landlord
    The property market
    Investment strategy
    The potential pitfalls of investing in property

I would consider it essential to be an expert in all these areas before undertaking the sort of investment outlined. As it stands it strikes me as a recipe for disaster.

Revenue is not a concern for the deposit money no.

Who is an "expert" in all those things exactly? I don't find your post very constructive to be honest. What don't I know and should know about Tallaght?

I'm also not "setting myself out" as anything other than someone asking genuine questions and seeking genuine answers, instead of high horse waffle with no concise points of exactly the issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jjwada

Ush1 wrote: »
    Revenue is not a concern for the deposit money no.

Who is an "expert" in all those things exactly? I don't find your post very constructive to be honest. What don't I know and should know about Tallaght?

I'm also not "setting myself out" as anything other than someone asking genuine questions and seeking genuine answers, instead of high horse waffle with no concise points of exactly the issues.

ssssh.
    Didnt you know. Everybody on the internet is an expert at everything. Especially those who tell others that they arent experts.
    You admitting you arent an expert is making you the only person on the internet that isnt. You will be bullied to death.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

And on that note, as this thread has descended into farce- thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement