Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro news stories.

• 02-01-2016 12:15am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭

Any memories about offbeat news stories that you remember from years ago,especially ones with an Irish angle.One I recall was the tanker Kowloon Bridge that was wrecked off the coast of West Cork in I think either 1986 or 87.Among the oil spillage and envoirnmental disaster there was one funny aspect.The wreck was bought for One pound by this English scrap dealer,and I remember him being interviewed on the 6 O Clock news.He was swearing like mad at the reporters,dropping F bombs all over the place,all beeped out.I remeber being highly amused at this as it was not often you heard cursing on the News,albeit with bleeps.It was componded by the fact that he had a plaster or something on his nose like he'd been in a fight.He was scheduled to appear on the Late Late interviewed by Gaybo later in the week.I eagerly watched it to see what he'd do or say but he was very reserved and calm on that occasion,I was really disapointed.

Advertisement