Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Name Role Call 2016

Options
  • 02-01-2016 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

Just an Idea

Basically if you've given birth to a child in 2016 you post the name of the child and its gender

The idea is if the popularity of baby names on boards.ie will match up with the CSO figures for 2016, which will published sometime in mid 2017

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Mod:

Maybe I should add that its possible to post anonymously to this thread. :)
    just log out, post an anon post and give us Mods time to approve it.

People may be wary of linking a real life name of their child to their username/ posts in case they get recognised by someone. But this way, it will be an anonymous record that cant be linked to your username.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Will start the ball rolling so! Frankie - Boy

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭garden

If I was having a girl it was going to be Esme (accent over last e) but I'm not. I reckon it will make an appearance in the top 100 in the next couple of years (don't think its there but could be wrong).

Our little lady was a 12th day of Christmas baby. She arrived 6 days late on the 6th January, so a sort of Christmas baby. We wanted a classic old fashioned name and decided on Carolyn Leah. We have had a very positive response to the name with lots of "Oh what a lovely name " and " gorgeous name, haven't heard it in years"
    For a boy we would have gone with Oliver James or Edward James.

Little lady Cara Rose

• Advertisement

We had a little boy two weeks ago, Eoin Francis.

Advertisement