Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How early should I be for my flight from Dublin Airport ?

Options
  • 02-01-2016 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am flying with Ryanair at 6:15am this month (January) and was wondering what time I should arrive at the airport?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

lost_soul_ wrote: »
    I am flying with Ryanair at 6:15am this month (January) and was wondering what time I should arrive at the airport?

No later than 5:00 imo, the airport is mental early mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Do you have checked baggage?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd be there no later than 4.15am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lost_soul_

yes I do

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lost_soul_

yes I do have checked baggage

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

lost_soul_ wrote: »
    yes I do have checked baggage

4:30 then or even 4:15

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If your good at jogging you could go much closer to departure time, depends on your fitness level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

go now!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

Ryanair bag queues in particular are awful for the morning push. They refuse to open enough to deal with everyone in a proper manner and get by with the absolute minimum. This is fine if you know about it and show up in plenty of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Ah 4.15 should be loads of time

trellheim wrote: »
    Ryanair bag queues in particular are awful for the morning push. They refuse to open enough to deal with everyone in a proper manner and get by with the absolute minimum. This is fine if you know about it and show up in plenty of time.

Yep last time I flew with checked bags with them, it was the best part of 25 minutes to get through that queue, then security took about the same again.

Then you've a fairly long walk to the ryanair gates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You could always drop your bags the night before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

January wrote: »
    You could always drop your bags the night before.

Only Aer Lingus offer that service afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ah it used to be available with Ryanair too.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Psychosis

4:30

athtrasna wrote: »
    Only Aer Lingus offer that service afaik

No, Ryanair also offer this service, was offered it while flying in December. An e-mail came about it a couple of days before travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 xLANDRYNx

4:20 :D So you get there without too much stress :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

The last two flights i got with ryanair in december were both at half 6. I arrived at half 5 for the first one and quarter to six for the second.
    Granted I didn't have any bag to check in, but I had plenty of browsing time on the way to the terminal

• Advertisement
Advertisement