Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

apparently a few wexford youths fans got a season ban for letting of a bit of smoke at turners cross last weekend. Banning young fans for displays won't help increase ticket sales or increase support for the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

apparently a few youths fans got a season ban for letting of a bit of smoke at turners cross last weekend. Banning young fans for displays won't help increase ticket sales or increase support for the club.

On the flip, that will cost Wexford Youths 500 quid if last years fines are anything to go by, possibly more, thats a huge dent for the likes of Wexford. Personally I don't agree at all with bannings in the LOI, the league is far too small to be copying from the UK in this regards. Instead, why don't they get this group of lads together and explain to them that setting off smoke bombs and flares is financially damaging to the club, and treat them like fans instead of criminals.

Maybe this was done before but with it being Wexford, I wouldnt think so, cant ever remember seeing them with pyro before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

If you're stupid enough to be letting of pyro in a stadium and get caught you deserve to be banned. Its hardly a surprise they were banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

CHealy wrote: »
    On the flip, that will cost Wexford Youths 500 quid if last years fines are anything to go by, possibly more, thats a huge dent for the likes of Wexford. Personally I don't agree at all with bannings in the LOI, the league is far too small to be copying from the UK in this regards. Instead, why don't they get this group of lads together and explain to them that setting off smoke bombs and flares is financially damaging to the club, and treat them like fans instead of criminals.

Maybe this was done before but with it being Wexford, I wouldnt think so, cant ever remember seeing them with pyro before.
    has it changed that the fan's team gets banned? I always thought it was the home team as it was a responsibility to search, but proper order putting it on their own club

I would say first offence, I read somewhere on facebook it had been bought for the last game of the season but didnt arrive in time. Didnt sound like they had a habit of ordering... and not like wexford would have had too many other occasions to celebrate like that in their short history.
    surely it would be a better option to say to them; pay the fine you caused or serve the ban?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Lads, be sure not to believe everything you read when it comes to matters like this. The club committee wouldn't have made a tough decision like this if it hadn't reached the point where they couldn't afford it to continue. Breaking rules has consequences, which those involved completely fail to understand.

• Advertisement

CHealy wrote: »

Not the first time there's been pyro. Not the first time there's been trouble. The committee aren't mugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

The only comment I'll make on this is to confirm that WYFC were fined for the incident and warned of the consequences if there was even a single repeat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

There is more Garda on the pitch than players at Dalyer at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

DrumSteve wrote: »
    There is more Garda on the pitch than players at Dalyer at the moment

What happened?

Someone ran on from our end, few lads ran on from Rover's end, a few more of our lads ran on then the Garda joined in.

Small bit of a melee.

• Advertisement

We well deserved our hammering by Pats tonight unfortunately. Very poor all over the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Rovers scored their fourth and were celebrating. A few dopes from both sides were giving it the large.

A bohs fan ran on to the pitch and over to the rovers fans. One rovers fan ran on, followed by a few more from Bohs and Rovers. Small scrap. The guards were a bit slow to deal with it but it should obviously never happen at anyway ground.

Both teams need to ban any culprits as they are the scorn of irish football.

On a lighter note: Joe Duffy will have guests on on Monday calling for LOI to be banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭CSF

BOHtox wrote: »
    Rovers scored their fourth and were celebrating. A few dopes from both sides were giving it the large.

A bohs fan ran on to the pitch and over to the rovers fans. One rovers fan ran on, followed by a few more from Bohs and Rovers. Small scrap. The guards were a bit slow to deal with it but it should obviously never happen at anyway ground.

On a lighter note: Joe Duffy will have guests on on Monday calling for LOI to be banned

How long did it last? I can only imagine it got worse outside the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ratracer

Galway United and Cork City played out an entertaining draw at EDP. Either side could have nicked it, which would have been harsh. I thought the ref was very poor overall too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

BOHtox wrote: »

Rovers fans have been on the pitch in the last three times we've played them. Nothing is ever done about it so they continue to do it.

Every time fans enter the pitch area fines should be doubled. If clubs start getting fined four or five grand you can be damn sure it'll stop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bohs fan here. One of ours went over to them first, after their 4th went in. We're more to blame than them tonight tbh.

CSF wrote: »
    How long did it last? I can only imagine it got worse outside the ground.

The incident itself only went on for about 2 minutes but huge Garda presence stopped anyone else getting on the pitch.

Pity we can't pass on whatever fine we get to the chap that ran on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It's utterly ridiculous that the first lad was able to waddle his way right up to the fence with the public order unit behind the goal, stand-side, looking at him.

You spend so much time and effort keeping both sides apart and then stand by and watch them confront each other. There should be a line of them pitchside all along that corner, where there has been numerous pitch incursions over the years, going back to the LSC game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The RTE video has half a million views. For all the good that independent video from last year did, 1 scrote went and undid it all.And he'll probably be back at Dalymount by the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

The RTE video has half a million views. For all the good that independent video from last year did, 1 scrote went and undid it all.And he'll probably be back at Dalymount by the end of the season.

With Bohs record in these things, he could be in the first team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

In the UK, it's illegal to go on the pitch, I'd love that to come in here. That fella probably only goes to the 3 rovers games a year, so being banned isn't much of a disincentive. If the lads hopping the hoardings to throw shapes at each other knew they could actually end up in court, this would stop overnight.
    dfx- wrote: »
    It's utterly ridiculous that the first lad was able to waddle his way right up to the fence with the public order unit behind the goal, stand-side, looking at him.

You spend so much time and effort keeping both sides apart and then stand by and watch them confront each other. There should be a line of them pitchside all along that corner, where there has been numerous pitch incursions over the years, going back to the LSC game.

Completely agree, I think there were a load of gardai down by the halfway line as well, where there is no chance of anything happening. It's as if they are under orders from the FAI to do everything possible to maximise the number of fines per game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Happy enough with the point against Derry tonight. Apparently their equaliser was from over 30 yards out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That's nonsense. Nothing's changed. Attendances are the same, opinions are the same, Irish football fans are the same. There really was nothing to undo and nothing has been undone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

dfx- wrote: »

It's utterly ridiculous that the public order unit is needed at a football game in the first instance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

howiya wrote: »
    It's utterly ridiculous that the public order unit is needed at a football game in the first instance

I agree. There was Garda on horses at the Dundalk/Derry match. Nonsense, everybody in football knows Dundalk and Derry fans get along. With the match on telly a lot of Derry supporters stayed at home or watched it in a pub(as did a lot of Dundalk supporters) who decides on this anyway, the clubs, the FAI or the Garda? I agree at matches between certain clubs there should be increased security but not every match. For all our rivalry I cannot recall an incident at any Drogheda match. Nor at the vast majority of matches. And that's as how it should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

joeysoap wrote: »
    I agree. There was Garda on horses at the Dundalk/Derry match. Nonsense, everybody in football knows Dundalk and Derry fans get along. With the match on telly a lot of Derry supporters stayed at home or watched it in a pub(as did a lot of Dundalk supporters) who decides on this anyway, the clubs, the FAI or the Garda? I agree at matches between certain clubs there should be increased security but not every match. For all our rivalry I cannot recall an incident at any Drogheda match. Nor at the vast majority of matches. And that's as how it should be.

It's handy overtime for the Gardaí and their barracks is around the corner from Oriel park. I've seen mounted horses and bloody tactical teams and everything up there. Ridiculous.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's handy overtime for the Gardaí and their barracks is around the corner from Oriel park. I've seen mounted horses and bloody tactical teams and everything up there. Ridiculous.

Ah well if that's the case fair play to them. They're underpaid as it is so I wouldn't want to begrudge them a few hours overtime! :D:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Wilberto wrote: »
    Ah well if that's the case fair play to them. They're underpaid as it is so I wouldn't want to begrudge them a few hours overtime! :D:)

Do the clubs or league contribute € for Garda presence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Do the clubs or league contribute € for Garda presence?
    Club pays it all unless things have changed lately..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Club pays it all unless things have changed lately..

That's mad.
    Surely clubs can't afford to keep doing that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Clubs pay for it, I know at Shels they have a deal with the local station!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Who decides how many gardai will be on duty at a game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Who decides how many gardai will be on duty at a game?

The guards...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

They have games down in category's which result in the amount of guards, etc... also the clubs help advise afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Another manager gone from Bray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Mushy wrote: »
    Another manager gone from Bray

Right call this time. Cooke will keep a side up but won't do anything else. With the players they have they're aiming to be a top 6 side.

Right call this time. Cooke will keep a side up but won't do anything else. With the players they have they're aiming to be a top 6 side.

Depends on who they get in I guess. Don't know who is rumoured, can't think of anyone for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Is there anyone left to manage Bray at this rate?

dan1895 wrote: »
    Is there anyone left to manage Bray at this rate?

I think they're just going around until they can get Roddy

I think they're just going around until they can get Roddy
    All isnt rosy down in waterford either, I wouldnt even tempt fate by joking if I were you!!

• Advertisement

Sean McCaffrey might be available

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_McCaffrey

He signed a few useful players to be fair, Shieldsy, Mountney Shanahan Rafter, Griffin

http://extratime.ie/leagues/2012/100/league-of-ireland-premier-division-2012/

(Thank you Monaghan )

Who is the lad who ended in Zimbabwe or something? Maybe it is him though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Who is the lad who ended in Zimbabwe or something? Maybe it is him though
    Sean O'Connor
    Used to manage us (sligo)
    Don't think he's worked as a manager in about 5 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

11 years later and Sligo people are still adding an ' O' ' to his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

I heard Paul Doolin to Bray

Killduff out for foreseeable future, Ciaran O'Connor fractured metatarsal, Grimes out and Barrett doubtful. Really need McEleney back and fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Would love to see Harry Kenny do well while he steers the ship for bray!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Shams and Bohs sanctioned over crowd trouble.
    http://www.rte.ie/aertel//desktopxhtml/226-1.html
    Whats the secrecy all about? Shouldn't everybody be aware of the consequences of such pitch incursions, fights, etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

red sean wrote: »
    Shams and Bohs sanctioned over crowd trouble.
    http://www.rte.ie/aertel//desktopxhtml/226-1.html
    Whats the secrecy all about? Shouldn't everybody be aware of the consequences of such pitch incursions, fights, etc?

One point deduction for every person that entered the pitch area

doncarlos wrote: »
    One point deduction for every person that entered the pitch area

if they implement that shams would lost a few points for every goal they score

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement