Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

gimmick wrote: »
    The standard practise here is the league game is moved to Sunday.

This is NOT standard practice. In fact after a tiny bit of research this isn't even Cork's standard practice, only once out of Cork's last five European games have they played a game on the following Sunday. Yes, once! And that was after playing at home to Linfield.

Cork want the rules changed for them and when they didn't get it they are throwing their toys out of the pram. It's actually laughable. If roles were reversed we wouldn't give a crap as we would know how dominant we were over Cork and would be enjoying looking down at you. Just goes to show the inferiority complex that exists with some of your fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

doncarlos wrote: »
    This is NOT standard practice. In fact after a tiny bit of research this isn't even Cork's standard practice, only once out of Cork's last five European games have they played a game on the following Sunday. Yes, once! And that was after playing at home to Linfield.

Cork want the rules changed for them and when they didn't get it they are throwing their toys out of the pram. It's actually laughable. If roles were reversed we wouldn't give a crap as we would know how dominant we were over Cork and would be enjoying looking down at you. Just goes to show the inferiority complex that exists with some of your fans.

Wrong in general.

That is what we did last year which has been acknowledged as a mistake.

I know you only started supporting Dundalk in 2014 but football did happen for years prior to that.

Wrong in general.

That is what we did last year which has been acknowledged as a mistake.

I know you only started supporting Dundalk in 2014 but football did happen for years prior to that.

Wrong in general? Like to back that up with facts? Your fixtures are there to see. You have only played one Sunday after a European trip after your last five games. What is wrong about that statement?

Oh. Good one. :rolleyes: Not that it matters but I've been going to Dundalk games before your club was even formed and I'm not even talking about the club that was formed after the previous one walked away from all your debts.

You ok babez?

You ok babez?

Pm me xx Can't talk on dis

However look at our 2005 run and we played all but one game the following Sunday after being in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

So Cork should be allowed bring their game forward, but Dundalk shouldn't?

Dundalk got their request in first by the looks of it. They owed Bohs one after last season when the rescheduling of the game in Dalymount meant Bohs' last three games were away. Hence the Poynton deal.

I'm sure a midweek home game against part-timers should be no hassle for Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

R00ster wrote: »
    So Cork should be allowed bring their game forward, but Dundalk shouldn't?

Dundalk got their request in first by the looks of it. They owed Bohs one after last season when the rescheduling of the game in Dalymount meant Bohs' last three games were away. Hence the Poynton deal.

I'm sure a midweek home game against part-timers should be no hassle for Cork.

We were looking to put the game back two days as we could not fullfill the fixture on the Friday. Dundalk brought the game forward because they have such trouble with travel they need an extra two days. Having just come back from Russia they now need to go to the far off wonderland of Norway. Tough times being a hillbilly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Keith Dalton signs for Bohs from Dundalk

Any Dundalk fans able to shed some light on him? can't say I've seen much of him!

major bill wrote: »

Any Dundalk fans able to shed some light on him? can't say I've seen much of him!

I've been impressed with him anytime I've seen him, which has mostly been in friendlies, cup games etc. I think Kenny was keen on him but the lack of reserve football makes it hard to impress or break into a side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Talented player, I rate him better than Jamie Doyle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

CHealy wrote: »
    We were looking to put the game back two days as we could not fullfill the fixture on the Friday. Dundalk brought the game forward because they have such trouble with travel they need an extra two days. Having just come back from Russia they now need to go to the far off wonderland of Norway. Tough times being a hillbilly.

Cork man commenting on other clubs travel strains and seemingly in judgement.....a trip outside Munster is the stuff of nightmares for oost Cork City fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Really good prospect.

Makes me wonder sometimes why Dundalk/City/Pats have under 17/19 teams, they usually don't actually use what talent there is as they want to replace the experience with experience. Both the OConnors, Poynton and now Dalton. I'm excluding Rovers from this as they actually do appear to be giving youth a chance.

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Cork man commenting on other clubs travel strains and seemingly in judgement.....a trip outside Munster is the stuff of nightmares for oost Cork City fans!

Grand to be able to get to 5 of your away trips in and around an hour isnt it? Not much need for half days from work there, wonder how ye'd fair if yer nearest trips were Limerick (2 hours) or Shamrock Rovers (2 and a half hours).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

joeysoap wrote: »
    Really good prospect.

Makes me wonder sometimes why Dundalk/City/Pats have under 17/19 teams, they usually don't actually use what talent there is as they want to replace the experience with experience. Both the OConnors, Poynton and now Dalton. I'm excluding Rovers from this as they actually do appear to be giving youth a chance.

In the last 4 years, not 1 young player Kenny has let go has went on to play at an equal or higher standard than Dundalk.
    The reason they dont use the talent is because they are not good enough.

1 O Connor (the one with his head not stuck up his arse) and Poynton are only on loan, I expect both to be 1st team squad members next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

In the last 4 years, not 1 young player Kenny has let go has went on to play at an equal or higher standard than Dundalk.
    The reason they dont use the talent is because they are not good enough.

1 O Connor (the one with his head not stuck up his arse) and Poynton are only on loan, I expect both to be 1st team squad members next season.

Sean Maguire????

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Bohs badly need a decent natural winger so Dalton should get opportunity to impress.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Sean Maguire????

Think he meant from their youth team.

Sule came to Bohs from Pats' youth team as well, they could use his bite in midfield.

Keith Long is doing some job at Bohs, I have to say I thought they were a shoe in to be stuck in a relegation battle this year with the three going down but theres more chance of Limerick getting dragged into it rather than Bohs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CHealy wrote: »
    Keith Long is doing some job at Bohs, I have to say I thought they were a shoe in to be stuck in a relegation battle this year with the three going down but theres more chance of Limerick getting dragged into it rather than Bohs.

You didn't count on the fact that Bohs are too big to go down. If Pats take the drop, will bohs the only ones never to go down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

We've had 2 lads signed for weeks but apparently they are not allowed to play against Shams on the 2nd because the window doesn't open until the 1st, which is a Saturday, and apparently the FAI don't work Saturdays and won't let us send the documents in advance, so we have to wait until Monday to register them.

What a league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Really good prospect.

Is this not mandatory under FAI rules and under 15's is about to start shortly. There really is a need for an under 21/23's league no question about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Really good prospect.

That's quite harsh on us as Feely, Lunney and Markey have all played for our under-19s and are regulars atm. Verdon, Bayley and Keena (still U-19) are also U-19 graduates and have made quite a few appearences mostly from the subs bench.

Ogbene was with City, now with Limerick. What Dundalk FC 10 posts is reality, the youth players might be great prospects but unless they are as good as - if not better- than players on the 1st team squad they are loaned or released. I wouldn't be surprised to see Poynton back in Oriel next year, he's playing every weeks for Bohs, as I suspect Keith will too.

kksaints wrote: »
    That's quite harsh on us as Feely, Lunney and Markey have all played for our under-19s and are regulars atm. Verdon, Bayley and Keena (still U-19) are also U-19 graduates and have made quite a few appearences mostly from the subs bench.

Sorry, just Pats have had such outstanding youth teams I thought a lot of your young players moved to other clubs. Sometimes you can't beat experience, but if the first team are picking themselves (or nearly picking themselves) it can be hard for youths to make the breakthrough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Omackeral wrote: »
    You didn't count on the fact that Bohs are too big to go down. If Pats take the drop, will bohs the only ones never to go down?

The current Wexford, Cork, Waterford, and Derry franchises have never been relegated.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Zebra3 wrote: »
    The current Wexford, Cork, Waterford, and Derry franchises have never been relegated.

Jesus. I'd rather just acknowledge that my club had been relegated at some point than accept the term franchise being attached to it.

Zebra3 wrote: »

#NEVERRELEGATED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Taking the afternoon off work to watch City's European adventure begin.

COME ON CITY :D

Good luck to City, Derry and Rovers today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Good luck to City, Derry today.

fixed :)

Very funny :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

City look like they should win this by more then the one were up at half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

RTÉ reporting Connolly on his way, hopefully we get a nice few bob

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Balmed Out wrote: »
    City look like they should win this by more then the one were up at half time.

this is exactly the situation where previous Cork teams draw 1-1...and Tallinn just hit the bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Taking the afternoon off work to watch City's European adventure begin.

COME ON CITY :D

What station is showing it? By pm, please if necessary.

Scrap the above. Its on Eir Sport 1.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Great second goal by City. Should be comfortable in Turners Cross now.

Done and dusted, well done City.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Great result. They'll fancy themselves in the next round too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

What a goal by Beattie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Score,please

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

We played some good football and got a very deserved 2-0 win. We should be capable of beating them comfortably at home as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

How many rounds do Cork have to play to reach the group stages?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

4 I think

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Derry getting outclassed. Down 2-0 after 15 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭overshoot

Not going well for any of the Nordies.
    Derry 2 down after 15

And if anyone cares about the others
    Bangor also away losing to a danish side (1-0)
    Colraine being hockied by a second tier Norwegian team 5-0 (guessing they did well in a cup?)
    Ballymeana 2 down to norwegians Odds Ballklubb (what a name!)

How many rounds do Cork have to play to reach the group stages?

Only something ridiculous like 6 teams have ever reached the group stages from the first qualifying round

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

overshoot wrote: »
    Not going well for any of the Nordies.
    Derry 2 down after 15

And if anyone cares about the others
    Bangor also away losing to a danish side (1-0)
    Colraine being hockied by a second tier Norwegian team 5-0 (guessing they did well in a cup?)
    Ballymeana 2 down to norwegians Odds Ballklubb (what a name!)

Coleraine 7 down now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭overshoot

dan1895 wrote: »
    Coleraine 7 down now.
    i refreshed it before i posted and meant to edit it to 6... the team has been in the norwegian second tier 3/4 years according to wiki so seems a mad result.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Derry now 3 down after giving away a penalty. No arguments with the ref on that either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement