Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

cms88 wrote: »
    Agree. This idea that the FAI should just trow money at clubs is crazy. Should they do more for the league? Of course. But just handing out money isn't the way to go and wont help anything in the long term.

If one club is bailed out it opens the flood games, as the clubs who at the moment do nothing in terms of fundraising etc will do even less if they know they'll be safe.

In Brays case at the start of the season i would say the FAI should have given them etxra funding etc as they had set out a long term plan.

I think whats meant by bailing them out is more to keep the show on the road in the interest of keeping the league relatively fair for the other clubs. If Bray go bust mid-way through the season other clubs lose points, gate receipts and sponsorship money.
    Keep them alive until the end of the season and then they can start the following season at the bottom of the first division with a points deduction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

We've signed Owen Garvan and Killian Brennan. Badly needed midfield reinforcements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Limerick to announce another signing tomorrow it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Northern Irish striker Rory Donnelly signing for us tomorrow according to an informed member of our forum. Ex Gillingham. Would've played with/been coached by Lyttle at Cliftonville before going to Swansea. Hopefully he can score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Oat23 wrote: »
    Northern Irish striker Rory Donnelly signing for us tomorrow according to an informed member of our forum. Ex Gillingham. Would've played with/been coached by Lyttle at Cliftonville before going to Swansea. Hopefully he can score.

He's well used to scoring off the pitch anyway
    http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?1109587-Rory-Donnelly-from-Gillingham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

dan1895 wrote: »
    I think whats meant by bailing them out is more to keep the show on the road in the interest of keeping the league relatively fair for the other clubs. If Bray go bust mid-way through the season other clubs lose points, gate receipts and sponsorship money.
    Keep them alive until the end of the season and then they can start the following season at the bottom of the first division with a points deduction.

Exactly. If a club folds mid season other clubs are hurt for their lack of professionalism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ye are welcome to him or is it her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Daphne Polite Bedding

John Caufield keeping tabs on him for next season :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

That's deadly. I'm even happier he's signing for us now. Hope it's all true.

You know how hard I worked to avoid seeing that video featuring Tobi and Stevens spitroasting some young wan a few weeks ago because it would be all I could think of when watching them play?

Real or not you've ruined Rory Donnelly for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭overshoot

That's deadly. I'm even happier he's signing for us now. Hope it's all true.
    including the bit about him shagging a 15 year old?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Thought the TV in question posted on Twitter saying it wasn't RD

overshoot wrote: »
    including the bit about him shagging a 15 year old?
    Aye sure why not. If Bohs get a paedo we should get one too.

I know we're all just joking but lets remember these are unsubstantiated rumours posted on a Rangers forum. According to the Gillingham forum he denied all of it on twitter before closing his account and some other girl came out and said the pictures were of her.

I'd be fairly p*ssed to have stuff like that online about me if it was all made up.

I know we're all just joking but lets remember these are unsubstantiated rumours posted on a Rangers forum. According to the Gillingham forum he denied all of it on twitter before closing his account and some other girl came out and said the pictures were of her.

I'd be fairly p*ssed to have stuff like that online about me if it was all made up.
    It's clearly bollocks. He's caught riding the 15 year old daughter of club staff and gets suspended for a couple of weeks? Doesn't really add up does it? Surely that'd be going a bit further if it were true.

Wouldn't give a **** if the pictures were of him, he's a football player. I don't care what he does in his spare time as long as he plays well. If his goals keep us up I might even give him a call myself..

But if someone else has claimed they are of them, they probably are. People make stupid claims/jokes to mock rival clubs players all the time. I'm still not convinced Gary Twigg is Jimmy Saville's son..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

June and Bray will most likely have an * ....

giphy.gif

Not a bad prediction 7 months ago :D

Not that close yet Oat with the *, we need the FAI shamble bus and Fran Gavin to roll into Bray firstly. :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=102692108

I said Waterford. pretty much everyone else said Bray and Athlone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Sadlier to Cork for 50K.

More like €10k from what Ive been told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

gimmick wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=102692108

I said Waterford. pretty much everyone else said Bray and Athlone.

Who goes bust and when should be a bonus round in the LOI predictions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Sadlier to Cork

This was announced yesterday on our local radio in the sports news bulletins all afternoon

I was told the fee was equivalent to a season wage.

Was I too slow in confirming or something???

Not a hope in hell we've sold one of the leagues best players for €10k while fighting relegation. Sadlier in the team is worth a hell of a lot more than the €10k.

Edit: According to our forum it's €30k/€40k (depending on which post you believe) + €10k when Cork win the league and a sell on bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

I was told the fee was equivalent to a season wage.

Was I too slow in confirming or something???

You could be right, but Iv heard figures of 30k, 35k, 40k, 45k and now you're saying 50k. As usual with these kind of things Id imagine its a good bit lower than any of those figures. 20k would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

CHealy wrote: »
    You could be right, but Iv heard figures of 30k, 35k, 40k, 45k and now you're saying 50k. As usual with these kind of things Id imagine its a good bit lower than any of those figures. 20k would be my guess.

Selling for 20k makes absolutely no sense. Cork are flying, are basically through to the next round of Europe so see the 50k as a solid investment in trying to get through another round.

• Advertisement

I had 50k confirmed from someone at Rovers take from that what you like.

If he helps Cork go through a round more in europe it will be cheap.

I had 50k confirmed from someone at Rovers take from that what you like.

If he helps Cork go through a round more in europe it will be cheap.

Ya fair enough if its a solid source, that would be a great deal for Sligo Rovers and hopefully it works out for us.

As Oat said above in edit is correct I believe is 40+10 and ye are so far ahead its just deferring some cash.

As Oat said above in edit is correct I believe is 40+10 and ye are so far ahead its just deferring some cash.

It's an investment. If we go down we can't scout quality players for them anymore.

They should have given us a player or two on loan as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Dundalk were offering €20,000 plus two players.

• Advertisement

Sadlier confirmed to Cork now. Caulfield would be ****ed without us.

Interested to see how he does in a decent team. Expecting him to be in England in January anyway. One of the best players we've had in the Showgrounds in the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

#BitOfRedGreen

Delighted with that.

How many is that Caulfield has got from Sligo now? Must be nearly 10.

Great player and a nice lad. Good luck to him.

You're welcome again Cork.

How long has he signed for? The Cork site is down.

CHealy wrote: »
    Delighted with that.

How many is that Caulfield has got from Sligo now? Must be nearly 10.
    It's either 9 or 10. Think Horgan was before Caulfields time but not sure.

Wonder if there is a sell on clause in there if the contract is longer than November that is.

Wonder if there is a sell on clause in there if the contract is longer than November that is.

Contract is 18 months with the option for Cork City to trigger another year according to local media, so essentially 2 and a half years barring him being crap or getting seriously injured. Of course theres also the "Preston clause" where they just pick who they want no matter the contract.

So ya this is Caulfields 9th direct signing from Sligo to Cork:

Elding
    Davoren
    Gaynor
    Djilali
    Beattie
    Folan
    Campion
    Keohane
    Sadlier

I would say only 2 of those have made a real impact (Beattie & Keohane), hopefully Sadlier becomes the third.

Gaynor was an excellent player for us. Was not happy to see him leave at all.

I have no idea who Folan is.

Fairly sure Folan asked to leave us to be closer to home (Galway) then he joined Cork..Might be thinking of the wrong lad but I think Folan is the CB with all the tattoos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Fairly sure Folan asked to leave us to be closer to home (Galway) then he joined Cork..Might be thinking of the wrong lad but I think Folan is the CB with all the tattoos.

Ya that's him, didn't get a look in down here at all. Wasn't any better than what we had even on the bench at the time.

• Advertisement

Gaynor was an excellent player for us. Was not happy to see him leave at all.

Galway lad his Dad was sick and we let him go on mutual consent, not long after his Dad's death he went to Cork I believe. THink he is at Bray now.

He's with Galway now, scoring a few in the last few weeks aswell.

Thats it, think Bray were looking at him when they were flashing the cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

40k +10k( on winning the league :rolleyes: ) + 20% sell on clause I've heard from a very reliable source.
    Excellent bit of business for a player with a very short contract left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

red sean wrote: »
    40k +10k( on winning the league :rolleyes: ) + 20% sell on clause I've heard from a very reliable source.
    Excellent bit of business for a player with a very short contract left.

Great deal for Sligo. Less so for Cork, I can only imagine that they were worried Dundalk would swoop in.

On the plus side it's good to see European money being spread around the league. That's two clubs that have benefited in the last week but I'd imagine Bray's has been spent already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

doncarlos wrote: »
    Great deal for Sligo. Less so for Cork, I can only imagine that they were worried Dundalk would swoop in.

On the plus side it's good to see European money being spread around the league. That's two clubs that have benefited in the last week but I'd imagine Bray's has been spent already
    I'd say one club and one club owner!
    Good luck to Kieran Sadlier, he can be the vital edge needed when the pressure is on. Honest lad who gave us his all just yesterday, even though he knew he was moving on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Happy with the deal to be honest. An 18 month deal with the option of another year is a big difference from some of the past contracts we've had to offer players. Also we've bought quality while we've been on top which is good to see, rather than having to buy it to play catch up like previous seasons, not only in the recent past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭prodsc

Can't find today's Soccer Republic on the RTE player. I thought it was available from 6.30!

doncarlos wrote: »
    Great deal for Sligo......

Two indirectly, Bohs and Harps ( players on loan, wages paid by Dundalk)

The euro money is serious now, City and Rovers looking at a min of €500- 600k this year. Unless I have my figures wrong Dundalk looking at a min of €800k and that's if Rosenburg knock them out.

Looks even better for City next year as if they're knocked out in the first match they just drop down to the Europa league (only applies to league winners)

Also great to see black and white flags all over town this week.

• Advertisement

prodsc wrote: »
    Can't find today's Soccer Republic on the RTE player. I thought it was available from 6.30!

Nope, not there.I thought it was from next week and 14.30

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement