Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

prodsc wrote: »
    Can't find today's Soccer Republic on the RTE player. I thought it was available from 6.30!

Still waiting for RTE to start putting it on Sky Go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

prodsc wrote: »
    Can't find today's Soccer Republic on the RTE player. I thought it was available from 6.30!

I think it was available live at 6:30. If you missed that I think it's a case of waiting until 10:55.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Raoul

It wasn't available on the RTE player on my smart tv but I could get it on the laptop or the android app. The quality on the android app (on an android box) is awful though on the tv.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Did Bohs and St. Kevin's Boys join together for the u-15s? I heard there was a deadline for it since the league starts in weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

dfx- wrote: »
    Did Bohs and St. Kevin's Boys join together for the u-15s? I heard there was a deadline for it since the league starts in weeks
    St Kevin's Boys will compete in the shortened season after agreeing to work towards creating a partnership with Bohemian FC, which will allow St Kevin's Boys to join existing partnerships into the National Leagues.

from http://www.fai.ie/domestic/news/24-teams-to-make-up-sse-airtricity-u15-league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Division

Any website that lists transfers and fees for LOI teams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

howiya wrote: »

So both Bohs and Kevins put together separate coaching teams and panels for the truncated season, we'll just say that's six coaches and forty kids combined. Come March when they are meant to "work together" what happens to three of the six coaches and half the kids? To me this is just a bs excuse by the FAI to say shut up and leave us alone and come March Kevins will still be part of the league without linking up with anyone. Can see alot of clubs kicking up a stink about this and holding up the long season beginning in March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

joeysoap wrote: »
    The euro money is serious now, City and Rovers looking at a min of €500- 600k this year. Unless I have my figures wrong Dundalk looking at a min of €800k and that's if Rosenburg knock them out.

Looks even better for City next year as if they're knocked out in the first match they just drop down to the Europa league (only applies to league winners)

Might be a small bit off with that I think and Im happy to be told otherwise, but should City and Rovers get through to the second round it'll be worth €440,000. Should Dundalk lose to Rosenberg they will still bank €540,000. Obviously that doesnt include gates, potential TV money etc. I know this year at least half of that 440k for City will be gone on travel and bonuses, I imagine it'll be the same for Rovers.

Think the CL figures might be from last season so its possible they've gone up. EL is up to date.

doncarlos wrote: »
    Great deal for Sligo. Less so for Cork, I can only imagine that they were worried Dundalk would swoop in.

Dundalk did swoop in, matched Cork Citys bid + a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

CHealy wrote: »
    Dundalk did swoop in, matched Cork Citys bid + a player.

And sligo accepted the smaller offer? Very strange. You'd think they'd want to get more bodies in to help with their relegation battle

And sligo accepted the smaller offer? Very strange. You'd think they'd want to get more bodies in to help with their relegation battle

Sadlier and Maguire are really good pals, he was sold on Cork City weeks ago, Caulfield even met him while he was on his holidays in Marbella during the break. Id imagine Sligo have their own plans on what to do to get out of trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Raoul

The rumour is that Mountney was the player to go to Sligo but he didn't want to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Division wrote: »
    Any website that lists transfers and fees for LOI teams?

http://www.extratime.ie/news/26/

Edit: You probably mean and official FAI page, I have given up on their website many years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

All down to the player. He wasn't confident of getting into the Dundalk side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

All down to the player. He wasn't confident of getting into the Dundalk side.
    Well that's bollocks anyway. He'd get into any team that's ever played in this league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Caulfield even met him while he was on his holidays in Marbella during the break.

Tapping up our players as well. Some man he is.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Tapping up our players as well. Some man he is.

Caulfield was coincidentally also on holidays. ;)

Finn slaps Russell.
    Russell informs ref.
    Ref gives both a yellow.

Russell picked up another yellow later on and will probably be banned for 2 games. :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Finn slaps Russell.
    Russell informs ref.
    Ref gives both a yellow.

Russell picked up another yellow later on and will probably be banned for 2 games. :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

Your summary is a bit off there!

Ref sees everything, no informing needed, and in my opinion they both deserved a yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Finn slaps Russell.
    Russell informs ref.
    Ref gives both a yellow.

giphy.gif

Shouldn't have tried to get Finn booked in the 1st place so :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Finn slaps Russell.
    Russell informs ref.
    Ref gives both a yellow.

giphy.gif

Russell instigated it and they both shoved each other. Yellow each is reasonable.

• Advertisement

Your summary is a bit off there!

Ref sees everything, no informing needed, and in my opinion they both deserved a yellow.

The ref only goes to his pocket after Russ responds to being slapped. He wasn't even going to talk to Finn for it. If it was Gary McCabe he'd still be rolling around on the floor and Finn sent off.

A slap and a shove are both a yellow then. Grand.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Snitches get stitches.

Or in this case a yellow card

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Might be a small bit off with that I think and Im happy to be told otherwise, but should City and Rovers get through to the second round it'll be worth €440,000. Should Dundalk lose to Rosenberg they will still bank €540,000. Obviously that doesnt include gates, potential TV money etc. I know this year at least half of that 440k for City will be gone on travel and bonuses, I imagine it'll be the same for Rovers.

I agree with your figures but I was adding something called a participation payment. This also could be out of date.

First qualifying round – €220,000
    Second qualifying round – €320,000
    Third qualifying round – €420,000 (only eliminated clubs)

Each domestic champion club which does not qualify for the UEFA Champions League group stage will receive €260,000 in addition to the amounts due for participation in each qualifying round.

Caulfield was coincidentally also on holidays. ;)

Also heard that JC did fly out to where Sadlier was on holidays to talk to him.

Dundalk basic wages bill was increased this year by approx 10%. When Hoban's agent was talking to them he was looking for mad money. Something like €2,500 a week plus a bonus if they get past Rosenburg. Dundalk said no. He's back now looking for €1400 a week with no bonus.

Fwiw Dundalk don't have the largest wage bill in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Denis O'Connor on East Coast FM this morning, what a spoofer

https://soundcloud.com/ecfmmorningshow/denis-oconnor

I agree with your figures but I was adding something called a participation payment. This also could be out of date.

First qualifying round – €220,000
    Second qualifying round – €320,000
    Third qualifying round – €420,000 (only eliminated clubs)

Each domestic champion club which does not qualify for the UEFA Champions League group stage will receive €260,000 in addition to the amounts due for participation in each qualifying round.

Didnt realise there was such a thing, serious money for Irish clubs. With the restructure next season whoever goes to CL will get around 1 million just for getting there because even if they lose they'll drop into EL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Liam Martin contract terminated by mutual consent

Didnt realise there was such a thing, serious money for Irish clubs. With the restructure next season whoever goes to CL will get around 1 million just for getting there because even if they lose they'll drop into EL.

I saw that too, might drop the €260,000 as the club will have at least one other match. Mad money as you say.

Having said that the clubs do recognise the players part in this and pay decent bonuses. Last year Dundalk paid €1m in bonus payments, and rightly so.

I know Bohs play a lot of their matches in black and white now but this is starting to look like a City / Sligo Rovers affair

Ciaran OConnor to Bohs for the rest of the season

• Advertisement

I know Bohs play a lot of their matches in black and white now but this is starting to look like a City / Sligo Rovers affair

Ciaran OConnor to Bohs for the rest of the season

Aren't Dundalk giving them players on loan because they agreed to move a game? Bit different to Cork using us to scout players for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭overshoot

O'Connor has got himself a day job in Dublin afaik so the move isn't purely football reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I know Bohs play a lot of their matches in black and white now

Old school look.

Aren't Dundalk giving them players on loan because they agreed to move a game? Bit different to Cork using us to scout players for them.

I don't think moving a match by 2 days would warrant that. Teaming up again with Poynton, and if he has employment in Dublin would suit a lot better than Ballybofey. Dalton has signed for Bohs, which is different from loan. Really versatile player. Expect all 3 on the team sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Derry charging 25 at the gate tonight! Good luck with that

Would have gone otherwise. Wouldn't pay 25 if the tie were alive.

• Advertisement

Insane by Derry...

I mean I wasn't paying 15 in either after the way the first leg went but still. I wouldn't pay 25 if they were winning the tie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

At €15 the crowd would still probably have been small enough, but at €25 a ticket even the most ardent of Derry fans will surely think twice before going?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

25 is a bit of a disgrace. I get they want to milk any European run, but it's hardly gonna be a sellout even at 15.

Unless they expect a few thousand Danes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

€25 - whats the justification for that price? rent couldn't be that high and the Danish outfit ain't that good to justify that price especially after losing 6-1 to them in the first leg.

Hungry ****ers!!

They'd take in more selling tickets at a tenner I reckon. There'd be a good bit of casual interest around Sligo if tickets were cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

St Pats beat Hearts 1-0 in a friendly tonight. Dutch trialist played for us at centre back Jordi Balk.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Heartbreaking to lose to Dundalk in the last minute. Played really well and matched them for long periods but the difference in fitness told in the end.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

On the plus side, 2400 is a great attendance for a Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Heartbreaking to lose to Dundalk in the last minute. Played really well and matched them for long periods but the difference in fitness told in the end.

I thought the difference was the injury to Sule. It was only when he went off injured that Dundalk got control of central midfield and started to control play. Even then, the goal came from a "Hail Mary" cross into the box.

Bohs were very unlucky to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Bohs were impressive tonight. The young players really are improving week by week with them. Credit to the coaching staff at the club. Sule is a cracking player in CM. Only 20 but quite mature in his play. Good to see Akinade back in action too.

Dundalk lacked a bit of creativity in attack. McEleney impressive at times, but I would be worried by the form of Dane Massey this year. Connolly looked a bit rusty and had a difficult game on his debut

After all the complaining Im half delighted we didnt have to play Bohs last Sunday now, they seem like a team to avoid in the middle of a European run, Keith Long has done some job with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

After all the complaining Im half delighted we didnt have to play Bohs last Sunday now, they seem like a team to avoid in the middle of a European run, Keith Long has done some job with them.

Extremely disappointing the way it finished for Bohs last night but the team could not be faulted. It really is unrecognisable from the first round of games. Sule is going to be a star, he must be the find of the season, Bohs change of fortune really has coincided with his inclusion in the team, Supple is on great form after a shaky start to the season, Cornwall is a fabulous player at centre half and Corcoran one of the best finishers in the league. Akinade looked quite sharp to me when he came on last night, I thought he may lose a yard of pace after what he has been through but it looks like he hasn't. O'Hora came in again last night to partner Cornwall in what may have been only his 2nd start and showed great maturity, another great prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Extremely disappointing the way it finished for Bohs last night but the team could not be faulted. It really is unrecognisable from the first round of games. Sule is going to be a star, he must be the find of the season, Bohs change of fortune really has coincided with his inclusion in the team, Supple is on great form after a shaky start to the season, Cornwall is a fabulous player at centre half and Corcoran one of the best finishers in the league. Akinade looked quite sharp to me when he came on last night, I thought he may lose a yard of pace after what he has been through but it looks like he hasn't. O'Hora came in again last night to partner Cornwall in what may have been only his 2nd start and showed great maturity, another great prospect.
    Akinade looked very sharp when he came on. Showed great bursts of pace at times. Bohs look like they could become a force in a few years, if they keep this side. Some other good u19's aswell, who could win that league this season

wadacrack wrote: »
    if they keep this side.

Probably won't though...

Be amazed if we are able to keep hold of Sule.

Probably a few teams eyeing up Long as well at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Dundalk have certainly put pressure on City.

If we are to drop points Sunday, I would definitively say its on. There is a sniff of previous seasons off Dundalk lately. I feel should we drop points to a terrible SPA side doubt will creep in.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement