Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

gimmick wrote: »
    Dundalk have certainly put pressure on City.

If we are to drop points Sunday, I would definitively say its on. There is a sniff of previous seasons off Dundalk lately. I feel should we drop points to a terrible SPA side doubt will creep in.

Are you for real? We are 9 points clear with three games in hand and a plus 14 goal difference. We'd pretty much have to lose half of our remaining 14 games and Dundalk win their remaining 11 to lose it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

5.5K tickets sold so far for Turners Cross tonight, gonna be rocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Raoul

CHealy wrote: »
    Are you for real? We are 9 points clear with three games in hand and a plus 14 goal difference. We'd pretty much have to lose half of our remaining 14 games and Dundalk win their remaining 11 to lose it.

Unfortuantely this is true :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Unfortunately yes I am.

Unfortunately yes I am.

You think we will lose every second game from here until the end of the season? Im the eternal pessimist but even I wouldn't go that far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I'd agree that Dundalk look to be blowing teams away since the break, but they got lucky last night. Theres no way we lose 50% of our remaining games and they win 100%. I'd give you mad odds on that, and if you thinks it's true you should get to a bookies.

You think we will lose every second game from here until the end of the season? Im the eternal pessimist but even I wouldn't go that far.

DOOOOOOOOOM :(

On the other side of that, we are 18/1 to beat Levadia by 4 or more tonight. Worth a €5. They were horrendous last week. EDIT: 11/2 now.

Of course they are 20/1 to win 1-0.

Had Dundalk not taken half the season to get started we could have been lucking at a serious title run in this year. Cant see anyone outside of City and Dundalk challenging for the league for the next few years still.

Wouldnt bet against a FAI cup final and league cup final between the 2 either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Had Dundalk not taken half the season to get started we could have been lucking at a serious title run in this year. Cant see anyone outside of City and Dundalk challenging for the league for the next few years still.

Dundalk aren't far off their points tally at this point last year.

The real difference is Cork steamrolling practically every game this year. Incredible form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Coming into form just in time for Europe. Nine clean sheets out of our last ten games and some key players really stepping up to the plate in recent games. McGrath, Benson and Vemmelund have been patchy this season (In fairness to Benson he was great before his injury) but they've really upped their game in recent weeks. Also will most likely have Hoban coming in to boost our forward options. Hats of to Kilduff for a brilliant header last night but unfortunately he's just not good enough to rely on should McMillan get injured. Underdogs for sure against Rosenberg but it won't be an easy game for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is the City match on the telly?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is the City match on the telly?

Nope.

It'll remain to be seen how Cork will cope with the loss of some players in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if it impacts them negatively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Less than a year ago people were saying Dundalk were gonna win the league for the foreseeable future.

Things can change quite quickly.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Less than a year ago people were saying Dundalk were gonna win the league for the foreseeable future.

Things can change quite quickly.

Of course, and no one dominates the LOI like some other countries with similar populations, but just with the money and exposure Europe brings for League Champions its going to be hard to see past Dundalk and Cork City for another few years yet, the two clubs are miles and miles ahead of the rest already. It can all change with some serious investment in other teams but the only clubs I could see it happening for due to their fan bases are Rovers, Derry and at a stretch Sligo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

peteeeed wrote: »

Hopefully, but if I was the players I'd be hoping enough money to cover the wages is set aside to guarentee they'll be paid otherwise I'd be cagey about this promise seeing as last weekend they were told we've no money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Joe Crowe signs for Limerick on Loan from Norwich

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Dundalk have certainly put pressure on City.

If we are to drop points Sunday, I would definitively say its on. There is a sniff of previous seasons off Dundalk lately. I feel should we drop points to a terrible SPA side doubt will creep in.

Gimmick : you should sit back and enjoy this moment, your 9 points clear with 3 games in hand= 6 matches you can ( but won't) lose and still be in front. City haven't been beaten this season and I can't remember such a start (if 19 matches is a 'start') before. Unbelievable form.

relax and enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Guffy

No "loi in europe" thread this year? Anyone at the games care to guesstimate the attendances?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Went past the Showgrounds not long before kick off. Decent Derry support considering the circumstances. Still probably a couple of hundred total..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Daphne Polite Bedding

gufc21 wrote: »
    No "loi in europe" thread this year? Anyone at the games care to guesstimate the attendances?

City's more or less a sell out - awful of ref not seeing thevhandball on the Estonians team 2nd goal

City's more or less a sell out - awful of ref not seeing thevhandball on the Estonians team 2nd goal

Any audio stream of that game? Or video. Not picky

6000 plus here. Need to up our game for the 2nd half or we are out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭prodsc

Any audio stream of that game? Or video. Not picky

http://rebelradioccfc.myl2mr.com/

prodsc wrote: »

Was just coming on to post it :D

Seanny Maguire equalised 2-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Derry making a holy show of themselves, it's now 10-2 on aggregate. Hopefully people think they're from the Northern Irish league...

...which is called the Irish League. F*ck sake!

Omackeral wrote: »
    Derry making a holy show of themselves, it's now 10-2 on aggregate. Hopefully people think they're from the Northern Irish league...

...which is called the Irish League. F*ck sake!
    Was a bad draw for them in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Maguire hat trick to win 4-2. Pity he's going soon. Rovers win 1-0 to advance. 2 out of 3 ain't bad considering Derry were never getting through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Cork with 2 wins and same for Rovers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Anyone wish to work out coefficient effect after rovers and corks 4 wins?😛

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Seanie really was on fire tonight, showing us all what we will miss shortly.
    Great to see 6400 on a nice evening enjoying 6 goals, match officials were rather annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

Great to see the two LOI teams go through with home/away wins and with Dundalk in good form they should be up to Rosenburg.Thats all de decency spent for de weekend......

6400 through the gates to see cork win, about 4,500 to see rovers play.

467 to see derry play. Granted the fact that it was all but over hirt them but the €25 euro tickets didnt help any.

467 to see derry play. Granted the fact that it was all but over hirt them but the €25 euro tickets didnt help any.
    It was a long way from Derry too. The cheaper tickets would have seen a few locals turn up. Don't think many more would make the journey from Derry to see the game after last week's result.

It was a long way from Derry too. The cheaper tickets would have seen a few locals turn up. Don't think many more would make the journey from Derry to see the game after last week's result.

Ya tbf the game should have been targeted at the sligo crowd. They hadnt a notion of spending 25 quid on a thursday night to see 2 teams they had no real interest in play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Surprised Derry got that many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Cork opponents next look very good on paper. Hopefully we can cause a upset

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Cork opponents next look very good on paper. Hopefully we can cause a upset

They are certainly a step up from tonight, nice little stadium. I hope we get the first leg at home in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Alfa Quadrifoglio

Derry City have had a really really tough year and a very difficult draw gave little hope, however, it should not deflect from Cork City and Shamrock Rovers winning both home and away in the Europa League ties in front of big crowds although I thought there would be more than 4,500 in Tallaght tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Mad match at the Cross tonight really. Started off slow but solid and wasn't giving them much, then we started to attack and left holes in the midfield, which they exploited. Can't believe he was a UEFA ref, the 2nd goal looked a clear handball although was a distance away so can't fully tell. Got a myriad of other decisions wrong.

Gonna miss Seanie when he's gone that's for sure. Wonderful to watch City's first European hat trick tonight (I think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Two great results for Rovers and Cork again tonight, someone get working on that coefficient! Not often do we see LoI sides win both legs of a European tie. Have to feel sorry for Derry, have had a difficult year obviously and stood no chance of progressing, crap for the fans as well having to play so far away in Sligo. Hopefully they will get to compete in Europe again next year and give a better account of themselves.

Was at the Rovers game tonight, thought Rovers were decent enough and definitely better than the last few times I've seen them. Burke was great, he has improved a lot since the start of the season. In the first half Rovers were roasting them down both wings with Clarke and Miele switching sides but Stajrnan came into it more in the second half, Chenchinski pulled off a few good saves. If Rovers could find some consistency they could comfortably finish third and hopefully build on it next season. I would say 4,000 max at the game, the away fans seemed to have a huge allocation of seats despite there only being around 30 fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Anyone wish to work out coefficient effect after rovers and corks 4 wins?��

This will be out of date now (I think)

Notice Pats and Derry have .525 for last year and assume it has something to do with Dundalk and City's performances?

Larnarca are just above hafnarfjordsur so beatable (hopefully)

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

If rovers could cause an upset in the next round they would be seeded for the 3rd round.

• Advertisement

I thought it was a blatant handball aswell but the bigger crime was that all our lads stopped to look at the ref meaning Levadia just had to cross it in and score, play the whistle is one of the first things you learn as a kid and it could have been very costly had we not stepped up in the second half.

Sean Maguire is on a different planet all together, I dont know what we're going to do when he leaves but Im just glad we were able to see him in a City shirt, he'll be Irelands go to striker within a couple of years.

He pretty much caught the ball. The lino was no more than 3 yards away and unobstructed. the ref brought the whistle to his mouth, but decided not to blow. Horrific officiating all round for the whole night.

We were very good in the 2nd half and were by far the fitter side. Tallinn looked out on their feet after 70 mins while our guys looked fresh still.

Maguire is different class. Absolutely irreplaceable. Some great goals again, but his work rate is off the chart. He is going to be sorely missed.

He pretty much caught the ball. The lino was no more than 3 yards away and unobstructed. the ref brought the whistle to his mouth, but decided not to blow. Horrific officiating all round for the whole night.

We were very good in the 2nd half and were by far the fitter side. Tallinn looked out on their feet after 70 mins while our guys looked fresh still.

Maguire is different class. Absolutely irreplaceable. Some great goals again, but his work rate is off the chart. He is going to be sorely missed.

I was by the 4th official for the game and the UEFA adjudectors were right behind me and the 4th looked as if wtf was the linesman was doing - did ye see the linesman run off asap instead of waiting with the other officials at half time

I was by the 4th official for the game and the UEFA adjudectors were right behind me and the 4th looked as if wtf was the linesman was doing - did ye see the linesman run off asap instead of waiting with the other officials at half time

It was one of the worst refereeing displays Iv ever seen, and as someone who watches LOI thats saying something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Derry charging in €25 to a match that they are already 6:1 down from the first leg, in a town, miles from home, shows the utter stupidity of some involved in the league.

No sympathy for them whatsoever.

As much as people criticise the FAI, it just goes to show how widespread the failings are.

Them and Bray look to be 20% of the clubs in next season's Premier. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement