Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

dfx- wrote: »
    Dundalk certainly should've been playing friendlies between the cup final and last Europa game too, but didn't..
    Not quite correct. We travelled over to England to play a Brentford select side between those two games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

pjohnson wrote: »
    "Plastic fans" "plastic brain dead fans" tone down the bitterness lad if the match was so meaningless.

touched a nerve here, good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

touched a nerve here, good.

Not really just general childish remarks dont help any argument. It just looks bad for the dunder posting it.

I mean are they supposedly "smart fans" if they support ONLY an Irish club? Unless Dunder asked everyone individually if they only support the foreign club how does he know they didn't happen to also support Bohs? A domestic team who would quite enjoy Rovers having seven shades of sh*te pummeled into them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Dunder?

And he's the childish one?

Dig up.

Dunder?

And he's the childish one?

Dig up.

Completely ignore the majority of the post that doesn't support your "argument".

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

http://www.glenavonfc.com/?p=36495

"The former Dundalk, Derry City, Bohemians and Drogheda United striker Marc Griffin has agreed to join Glenavon on a one year deal with the option of a second year. "

Is he any good?

A bit concerned that he's 26 and already had 4 clubs.

Greg Moorhouse away on trial with Coventry, think there were a few people talking about him on this thread a few months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭house45

awec wrote: »
    http://www.glenavonfc.com/?p=36495

"The former Dundalk, Derry City, Bohemians and Drogheda United striker Marc Griffin has agreed to join Glenavon on a one year deal with the option of a second year. "

Is he any good?

A bit concerned that he's 26 and already had 4 clubs.

Greg Moorhouse away on trial with Coventry, think there were a few people talking about him on this thread a few months ago.
    as long as there's plenty of nightclubs and pubs and women he will. Be grand !!! Terrible attitude and thinks he is much better than he actually is ....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

house45 wrote: »
    as long as there's plenty of nightclubs and pubs and women he will. Be grand !!! Terrible attitude and thinks he is much better than he actually is ....

Id second that plus name has appeared in the local papers a few times for non related football activities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Any time I seen him play for Derry he was average at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Time to dust off the #GreatestLeagueInTheWorld tag. My mate was coming home from work and found a full scouting report on Rosenborg lying on the side of the bloody road. Unbelievable.

19959279_1913722768641655_4573227181374685432_n.jpg?oh=0ca0db0958e8e54e2c6331f34be98823&oe=5A0200F6

19875624_1913722778641654_1112748898012816717_n.jpg?oh=3bf710ab5fe3bbed19304faef1b4853d&oe=5A07FD97

19875114_1913722781974987_2690130633451597162_n.jpg?oh=6f99068eec93e9ba8fceda228cb75f3c&oe=59C39B0C

https://www.facebook.com/AirtricityLeagueBanterPage/posts/1913722818641650

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Sure they're all sideways. Nobody can read them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Isn't the "currently playing for" bit especially redundant? Surely all in a scouting report would be playing for Rosenborg...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

dfx- wrote: »
    Isn't the "currently playing for" bit especially redundant? Surely all in a scouting report would be playing for Rosenborg...

Might be something you 'buy' off an agency. You name the players you are interested in and they format the reports onto your club colours etc print them off and sell them. Thus if you wanted a report on say John Terry it would say current club Aston Villa. Just a theory but I can't see Dundalk having the resources to do an in-depth report on every Rosenburg player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Raoul

joeysoap wrote: »
    Might be something you 'buy' off an agency. You name the players you are interested in and they format the reports onto your club colours etc print them off and sell them. Thus if you wanted a report on say John Terry it would say current club Aston Villa. Just a theory but I can't see Dundalk having the resources to do an in-depth report on every Rosenburg player.

The resources would just be man power? Basically how much time Vinny Perth spends watching games. I think last year, his video analysis of opponents was hailed by people from within the club as one of the main reasons for the Dundalk success.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Raoul wrote: »
    The resources would just be man power? Basically how much time Vinny Perth spends watching games. I think last year, his video analysis of opponents was hailed by people from within the club as one of the main reasons for the Dundalk success.

Perhaps. I got the impression reading a few of those that they were provided by an agency of some sort. I.e. Matches played, mins per match, red/yellow card, goals per match. I wouldn't have thought that Vinny was that thorough, I mean why would he bother with goals scored by the keeper? I think they were bought by the club.

Any Dundalk players or staff live near Lucan? Odd place to be found ( unless they were stolen from someone and dumped on side of road as useless)

C'Mon the Town.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/paint-town-black-white/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Raoul

joeysoap wrote: »
    Perhaps. I got the impression reading a few of those that they were provided by an agency of some sort. I.e. Matches played, mins per match, red/yellow card, goals per match. I wouldn't have thought that Vinny was that thorough, I mean why would he bother with goals scored by the keeper? I think they were bought by the club.

Any Dundalk players or staff live near Lucan? Odd place to be found ( unless they were stolen from someone and dumped on side of road as useless)

C'Mon the Town.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/paint-town-black-white/
    Yeah maybe you are right, combination of both then I would settle on.

Ok story time.

It was my friend who found the report. I sent the pics into the banter page. I subsequently commented on it and from there it kinda kicked off. Firstly, I had a mate from up in the North East of the country contact me asking me to get the photos taken down as a player from Dundalk had seen me comment on the post and saw myself and himself had a mutual friend i.e. my mate from the North East. I considered getting onto the group admin and asking for it to be taken down but before I did that, I scouted (haha) through my NE mates friends list and found a certain large centre back from Oriel Park was in his contacts. Then I thought back to last Wednesday when Bohs held Dundalk for 89 minutes but then the Town scored. That's fine except for the fact the Lilywhites players opted to give it large in front of our supporters instead of celebrating in front of their own, including Mr Large Centre Back. So fcuk him.

Anyway a Norwegian journo of all things picks up on all this sh*t and has written about it over their in their national papers!

http://www.nettavisen.no/sportspill/omtale/her-er-dundalks-hemmelige-rosenborg-notater/3423355975.html

Here's a translation of their piece

Wednesday, Rosenborg will host the Irish team Dundalk in the first match in the second qualifying round for the Champions League. The Trons must be said to be favorites before the two qualifying matches, but nobody will claim that the Irish are not preparing for the meeting with the Norwegian Serie Masters.

What is supposed to be a scout report on Rosenborg has leaked out on the internet. Found on a sidewalk in Dublin It is the Back Page Football website, which has posted on its Twitter page images of what will be the scout reports on Nicklas Bendtner and Andransen, where Dundalk goes through both the strengths and weaknesses of Rosenborg players. The reports are reportedly to be found on the sidewalk of Lucan, a suburb of Dublin.

Nicklas Bendtner's masterpieces are described, and the Danish is referred to as an assault weapon that Rosenborg plays on if they can not play backwards. "Striking towards the posterior post post. Targeted especially at posts and by shooting early with the right foot, "is some of the assessment Dundalk has done about Danish. - Bendtner is not working hard "They seem to play through him when they have the chance. If we can stop that opportunity, we take away a large part of their game and the offensive midfielder will not be as involved in the game, "concludes the conclusion. Bendtner's weaknesses are also mentioned: "Failing speed so the midstoppers can get close to him. Does not run in back room due to the role of the team. Does not work hard, so we can have the opportunity to build the game from behind. "

Good start Dundalk has also set up a profile on Andransen, where they promise his ability to start the game. "He launches a midfielder on a run if he finds an empty pocket or a back on his way forward. He also has the opportunity to send the ball directly to Bendtner, which he usually makes more in away matches. Quickly starts when the ball goes over the deadline, so it's important not to turn off at any time and get back quickly in positions, "writes Dundalk about Rosenborg's last chance. But also Hans Hansen has weaknesses that the Irish will exploit: "Is not convincing on posts, can go for posts that he should not go for. Undetermined when the ball is sent behind the back firmer. Make many good rescuers at times, but have made a few losses this season on shots that he should save easily. "

Dundalk welcomes Rosenborg to the Champions League qualifier Wednesday at 20.45. The match is obviously included in Nettavisen's LIVE system!

Bendtner is a posterier post post

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Maybe the whole thing was staged to dent the confidence of the two lads??

:pac:

Wilberto wrote: »
    Maybe the whole thing was staged to dent the confidence of the two lads??

:pac:

You'd do well to dent the confidence of Lord Bendtner. There's 14 players they have profiles on though. Only sent in two for the craic but I have the whole lot there. I'll be watching the game thinking ah that's why Chris Shields is doing that because me and him will both that know their number 6 can't turn on his right.

• Advertisement

It's just hit German and Danish media now. Here's German outfit 11Freunde's article

https://www.11freunde.de/artikel/scouting-bericht-aus-irland-im-strassengraben-gefunden

Translation

When do you ever see the scouting report of a Champions League aspirant? Now, for an Irishman found the Dundalk FC in the road pit, just before the Quali game against Rosenborg Trondheim.

There are secrets about a special player. Sometimes it's just sh*t, as Peter Knl knows, and that also knows some poor soul at the Irish football club Dundalk FC. Peter Knl, not everyone will remember, was the man who once walked with his backpack in Hamburg, lost his backpack (he says: stolen) - and schwups, a few days later secret contracts, a list of wages and scouting- Reports in the Jenisch-Park in Hamburg. Visible to everyone.

The same thing happened in Dundalk - just before one of the most important games in the history of the club. On Wednesday evening, Dundalk FC will be in Rosenborg Trondheim from Norway in the second round of the Champions League qualifying. Never was an Irish club in the group stage of the Champions League. They want to change that in Dundalk and so they have prepared for this game. Conscientiously prepared. Scouting report in the road ditch For each opponent's opponent, a scout created a small overview that the coach handed over to the Dundalk pros in the last week's training session. These included, for example, the number of goals, the weight of the players, or the names of the consultants. Directly underneath, however - and there it is exciting - the Scout noted strengths and weaknesses of the opponents.

Dumb for Dundalk: An Irish Peter Knl lost the secret report 90 kilometers south in the village Lucan, the wind played a bit with it, then landed the part in the road trench. There was the operator of the Facebook page "Airtricity League Banter Page" and uploaded it - immediately slave to his time - at Facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Certainly doesn't do the leagues image any good, especially considering the top teams in this country actually have highly detailed and thorough scouting reports for whoever they play, I know Cork City hire a specific analyst and Id imagine Dundalk, Rovers and Derry do aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's just hit German and Danish media now. Here's German outfit 11Freunde's article

There are secrets about a special player. Sometimes it's just sh*t, as Peter Knl knows, and that also knows some poor soul at the Irish football club Dundalk FC. Peter Knl, not everyone will remember, was the man who once walked with his backpack in Hamburg, lost his backpack (he says: stolen) - and schwups, a few days later secret contracts, a list of wages and scouting- Reports in the Jenisch-Park in Hamburg. Visible to everyone.

Bad research is bad. The bag was stolen and charges were brought against the nurse who claimed to have 'found' it in a park. 11freunde should know better.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Bad research is bad. The bag was stolen and charges were brought against the nurse who claimed to have 'found' it in a park. 11freunde should know better.

It literally says stolen in the article.

Omackeral wrote: »
    It literally says stolen in the article.

It says Knäbel lost his bag but he claims it was stolen. It's a claim that was proven when the woman who said she found it was arrested for stealing it.

They make it sound like his claim was never proven and he could be lying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Dundalk 1 up, great start!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Totally deserved too, Dundalk looking very well at the moment.

Dundalk have ruined European qualifying it seems? Very little talk about any LOI teams this year. Are we all too good for the qualifiers now? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Help please , in UK rte being c#@ts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭prodsc

Terrible defending, a soft goal to concede.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Guffy

Piss poor defending by dundalk. Rattled by the favt they didnt get a free the last few min. Need to sort it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

That was terrible

It's always silly mistakes that cost Dundalk in Europe. Not the first time Gartland has been at fault either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Stevecw wrote: »
    Gartland again. Same as every European game last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Very poor goal to concede, seems like a typical goal a LoI team would concede in Europe. Having said that Dundalk looked the better team for a lot of the first half I think, the tie is up for grabs.

Yep him & Rogers cost them so many goals. Nothing has changed it seems sadly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Yep him & Rogers cost them so many goals. Nothing has changed it seems sadly.

Exactly what I was thinking, a real sense of déja vu!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Not fair. Rogers was at fault for at least half them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Dropping off after you score deserved to be punished and it was. Rosenborg aren't up to much at all though.

The game is there for Dundalk if they stay positive.

• Advertisement

corny wrote: »
    Dropping off after you score deserved to be punished and it was. Rosenborg aren't up to much at all though.

The game is there for Dundalk if they stay positive.

Didn't think they dropped off at all. Thought they were really positive even after going 1 up. Just 1 silly mistake cost them.

Dundalk were by far the better side IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

UCD 3-0 up against Charlton, they were 14/1 before the game started :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    UCD 3-0 up against Charlton, they were 14/1 before the game started :pac:

Sure Limerick beat them last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Sure Limerick beat them last night

Yeah heard that alright, mental they'd such good odds though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

"I don't he's ever heard himself abused in that way with a Louth accent before"...laughed way more than I should have.

Supporters really enjoying themselves calling Bendtner a wanker.

Dundalk have been terrible in this half. They seem to be happy with the 1-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

A disappointing 1-1 draw. Shows how good this Dundalk team are that everyone is disappointed with a draw having been handed one of the tougher draws at this stage.

Dundalk go to Norway knowing they have to score which might suit them, based on tonight you would fancy them to score too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Rosenborg certainly got numbers behind the ball tonight. Might be a bit more space next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Sligo Rovers won away in Rosenberg a few years back. It's not an impossible task. Not easy either.

Pity to give away such an awful goal.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement