Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Massey was a warrior out there tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

How many buses did Wexford and Limerick send up to support Dundalk for this game? Was it a lot or just one or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

gimmick wrote: »
    How many buses did Wexford and Limerick send up to support Dundalk for this game? Was it a lot or just one or two?

https://www.cartoonstock.com/directory/c/chip_on_shoulder.asp

For Shaun read Gimmick

The LOI is done and dusted this year

City are playing at home tonight

And is that enough to keep everyone in Cork happy ?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I thought McEleney was savage tonight - played very well. My MOTM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Pity about the goal conceded, Dundalk were the better team before then.

Bit disappointed with Dundalk in the second half though, lot of the ball but wasn't that much goal threat really. It looked like Rosenborg had decided after about 70 minutes to take the draw back to Norway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Thought Dundalk were fantastic in the first half, completely dominated the game and I dont know was it a case of getting used to the pitch or not knowing how Dundalk would come out but Rosenborg were shockingly bad. Game was over once Rosenborg scored their plan was just to see it out with the away goal which they did with ease. There will definitely be opportunities for Dundalk to score over there but anytime Rosenborg did feel like playing ball last night they sliced through Dundalk. Slim chance for Dundalk but its such a pity they gave away such a crap goal.

Think it will be a similar result for Cork City tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I hope City AND Rovers :) do well tonight.

We have more than our our fair share of 'LOI is crap' merchants in this country.

joeysoap wrote: »
    I hope City AND Rovers :) do well tonight.

We have more than our our fair share of 'LOI is crap' merchants in this country.

It wont matter. I was out kicking ball with my daughter the other day and some neighbour kids joined in. "who do you follow?" one of the 10 year olds asks, so I tell him. He laughs. "My dad wont take me there because he said they are rubbish".

Rubbish!!!

There is an entrenched notion in too many which gets passed on. FFS, this 10 year old is an encyclopedia on all things football. He would love it if daddy was not so closed minded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

It's genuinely crazy to think that we are disappointed by Dundalk not winning last night against Rosenberg, Norway champions, fully professional side with internationals past and present. A club with a history of champions league group stage experience.

Stephan Kenny and his Dundalk side have done amazing things for the leagues reputation...

Let's hope cork and rovers can get positive results tonightðŸ‘

• Advertisement

It's genuinely crazy to think that we are disappointed by Dundalk not winning last night against Rosenberg, Norway champions, fully professional side with internationals past and present. A club with a history of champions league group stage experience.

Stephan Kenny and his Dundalk side have done amazing things for the leagues reputation...

Let's hope cork and rovers can get a positive result tonight

Absolutely spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Raoul

Omackeral wrote: »
    Absolutely spot on.

It is a little tougher to support Rovers. Mainly due to the fans. I listened to LOI Weekly and the Rovers keeper seems like a top lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

joeysoap wrote: »
    I hope City AND Rovers  :) do well tonight.

It wont matter. I was out kicking ball with my daughter the other day and some neighbour kids joined in. "who do you follow?" one of the 10 year olds asks, so I tell him. He laughs. "My dad wont take me there because he said they are rubbish".

Rubbish!!!

There is an entrenched notion in too many which gets passed on. FFS, this 10 year old is an encyclopedia on all things football. He would love it if daddy was not so closed minded.
    That's always been there. In reality though, these are the same people who have never actually bothered to watch a game. It's an easy 'out' really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Raoul wrote: »
    It is a little tougher to support Rovers. Mainly due to the fans. I listened to LOI Weekly and the Rovers keeper seems like a top lad.

Agreed but as a Limerick Fan i feel conflicted cheering on Cork...off work today to actually watch the Cork game this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Raoul wrote: »

Agreed but as a Limerick Fan i feel conflicted cheering on Cork...off work today to actually watch the Cork game this evening
    We all kind of have a soft spot for Limerick and Waterford, but get no love in return :D
    I can't wait for the game tonight. Great times to be a City fan.

We all kind of have a soft spot for Limerick and Waterford, but get no love in return :D

Speak for yourself Pablo, I have no feeling whatsoever towards Limerick and Waterford, although I will be happy when they are both in the Premier because it'll be two handy enough away trips. Hopefully Ramblers can get up in the next few years to make it even better although I fear they may run into trouble should they get promoted.

Cant wait for tonight, City are after being backed into favourites in the last few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

As little a threat as dundalk were in the second half, Rosenberg didn't do much to make them too scared at the same time.

Looking forward to getting to Turners Cross tonight, been too long since was at a game.

Whatever about Limerick who I nothing, I really do not like Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Hopefully City do the Business tonight, Rovers can piss off :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Rubbish!!!

I find this attitude isn't as widespread as it use to be, back in the day you used to be embarrassed to say who you supported but I find now when asked, the answer is met with curiosity and much more interest.

Attitudes are changing but do still get the odd gob****e inflicting that opinion on their kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Preston players here at cork game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Guffy

Would love to be a fan in tallaght or turners cross now. Atmosphere would be electric. Good luck to both

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Are tonight's games on tv anywhere?

Are tonight's games on tv anywhere?

CCFC on eir.

Preston including Horgan sat in front of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

CCFC on eir.

I don't have Eir, hence the reason I'm asking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

City keeper made a complete meal of that challenge, nice card for the Larnaca striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

CCFC on eir.

Cheers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

City keeper made a complete meal of that challenge, nice card for the Larnaca striker.

Yup not even sure if he made any contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Guffy

Rebel radio not broadcasting tonight? Anyone able to pm me a link to the match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Cork 1 down, scrappy old goal from a corner

Graham Burke with an equaliser for Rovers. He's getting a knack for finding the net.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Cork have been terrible tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

corny wrote: »
    Cork have been terrible tonight.

Really? Only caught the end of it but I thought they gave a good account of themselves, Still in with a chance in the second leg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Daphne Polite Bedding

The referee again at Turners cross was awful...think they make the irish ones better

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

The referee again at Turners cross was awful...think they make the irish ones better

Couldnt agree more, he really was pretty awful.

City showed them way too much respect I thought. They stood off them a lot and gave them too much space on the ball. When we went 442 I think we caused them a lot of trouble and created a few chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Is there any reason Cork still have a Fifa 12 advertising board up in 2017? Noticed it on SR before and on Eir tonight. It's in the bottom left corner when looking at the shed end.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Is there any reason Cork still have a Fifa 12 advertising board up in 2017? Noticed it on SR before and on Eir tonight. It's in the bottom left corner when looking at the shed end.

They've a 16 one on the far left off the hard camera as well lol....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Oat23 wrote: »

Been sitting in Derrynane all season, across from main stand, and only noticed that couple of weeks ago. Strange alright. I think they know every FIFA from the past 5 years is pretty much the same :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Awful result for Cork, but they should be looking at striking back
    sugarman wrote: »
    Good game in Tallaght tonight but a disappointing result overall.

Boleslav were absolutely nothing to write home about, 100% beatable and didn't cause much trouble overall despite the flattering scoreline. They're prob on the same level as Rovers, Cork or Dundalk would have put them away.

Rovers played very well, but it was stupid mistakes at the back and giving the ball away too easily that cost us again. Had some very good chances to make it 2-1 and 2-2 but their keeper made good saves.

Was happy enough to see them fight to the end and pull back one in ET, leaves next weeks game some what open, but I really cant see them scoring 2 out there.

They definitely need the first goal and maybe a red card to help out next week but there's no pressure on them not to go there and just have a go at them. The pressure is off after last week.

Can't complain too much about last night, we just didnt show up simple as. AEK came with a plan and executed it to perfection, don't think Cork City has a clear shot on target all night, we could still be there and it would be the same. They'll see out that game easily in 30 degree heat next week unless something amazing happens, but playing Thursday, Sunday, Thursday is going to have an affect aswell for a small squad. Think it was one of the worst games of football Iv seen in some time, 90 minutes of scrapiness.

• Advertisement

No point in blaming the ref. He didn't get too much wrong. Certainly not as much as is being made out. Better side won. I got the impression Larnaca were playing within themselves to some degree.

Great crowd of almost 6500 again. Great atmosphere again too.

Not too disappointed if we go out at this stage. I know there is more money to be made, but the league is the only priority.

Not too disappointed if we go out at this stage. I know there is more money to be made, but the league is the only priority.

I wont be too dissapointed if we go out at this round, finish off the League, we are in the semi final of the League Cup, and go out and try and retain the FAI Cup, a hell of alot more excitement left in this season yet but naturally everyone is feeling a bit deflated after last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

CHealy wrote: »
    but playing Thursday, Sunday, Thursday is going to have an affect aswell for a small squad.

Strange complaint to make after the amount of whinging you lot did about Bohs not playing a game.

I think had Cork a full squad they would have won. Seem a lot more ropey at the back over the past few weeks than they did any any stage up until now. Bennett is a class act and that Cork defense minus him looks vulnerable much like how Dundalk have been minus Boyle.

doncarlos wrote: »
    Strange complaint to make after the amount of whinging you lot did about Bohs not playing a game.

I think had Cork a full squad they would have won. Seem a lot more ropey at the back over the past few weeks than they did any any stage up until now. Bennett is a class act and that Cork defense minus him looks vulnerable much like how Dundalk have been minus Boyle.

The compliant about the Bohs game was that it was rescheduled to suit Dundalk when it should have been put back two days as normal so City could play, never said anything about the difficulty of playing Sunday, Thursday, Sunday.

We've had a makeshift defense all season really, Bennett can only play about a game every fortnight and we've had Keohane at RB for alot of the season, still the best record in the league.

City were poor honestly but the refs decisions were very inconsistent- the Cypriots were rolling around and easily conning the ref

The compliant about the Bohs game was that it was rescheduled to suit Dundalk when it should have been put back two days as normal so City could play, never said anything about the difficulty of playing Sunday, Thursday, Sunday.

Oh I see, so you wanted to play that game to make things more difficult. Gotta love Cork this season not only are they steamrolling the league but they feel like they are not being challenged enough so want to make things even more difficult

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Can't complain too much about last night, we just didnt show up simple as. AEK came with a plan and executed it to perfection, don't think Cork City has a clear shot on target all night, we could still be there and it would be the same. They'll see out that game easily in 30 degree heat next week unless something amazing happens, but playing Thursday, Sunday, Thursday is going to have an affect aswell for a small squad. Think it was one of the worst games of football Iv seen in some time, 90 minutes of scrapiness.

Agree with most of that. Cork played well below the level they are capable of. It happens.

Larnacha looked all over the place in the first half and were there for the taking. However, once they got a scrappy undeserved goal, they suddenly started to pass better and keep possession. Cork then started to take risks which could easily have led to the concession of a second goal.

I saw nothing in that Larancha side to be frightened of. Cork are still in the tie, if they retain the belief that they can win in Cyprus.

Oh I see, so you wanted to play that game to make things more difficult. Gotta love Cork this season not only are they steamrolling the league but they feel like they are not being challenged enough so want to make things even more difficult

Never said anything about making things more difficult, you are spinning it to make it to your own tune and you obviously dont get it so we'll leave it there.

Never said anything about making things more difficult, you are spinning it to make it to your own tune and you obviously dont get it so we'll leave it there.

It would definitely seem I don't get it. Maybe you can explain.

Cork fans complain they can't play a game on a Sunday in the middle of a European run. Another Cork fan complains about the difficulty on playing games on a Thursday and a Sunday in the middle of their European run. What have I deduced incorrectly?

It would definitely seem I don't get it. Maybe you can explain.

Cork fans complain they can't play a game on a Sunday in the middle of a European run. Another Cork fan complains about the difficulty on playing games on a Thursday and a Sunday in the middle of their European run. What have I deduced incorrectly?

2+2 does not equal 5 Don.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

3rd round draw for champions league today. 

Dundalks possible opponents if they make it through

Linfield (NIR) / Celtic (SCO)
    Žilina (SVK) / København (DEN)
    BATE Borisov (BLR) / Alashkert (ARM) 
    IFK Mariehamn (FIN) / Legia Warszawa (POL)
    Zrinjski (BIH) / Maribor (SVN)

Would have to think the winner of the Bate tie would be their best chance after last year. 1-1 in that after first leg too

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement