Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

joeysoap wrote: »
    McKell is out of his debth in the premier division as he has proved more than once this year. (you can add McKell and Buttimer to the home for the bewildered referees) There are some decent referees in the LOI to be fair, but if you'r unlucky enough to draw McKell or Buttimer though you might not want to go to another LOI match if only to keep your blood pressure in check.

100% Agree. Can I add Mulally for honourable mention?

These clowns will drive supporters away from coming to games if they continue to be the predominant influence on results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

100% Agree. Can I add Mulally for honourable mention?

These clowns will drive supporters away from coming to games if they continue to be the predominant influence on results

Mullally's red card decision for Kealan Dillon last night was absolutely astonishing, very poor throughout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

DFX33NKXgAA2PCa.jpg

Low flying planes over Peamount Utd. vs. Wexford Youths Women earlier this evening. Practicing for the Bray airshow, the noise was something else :o

Photo credit Mick O'Shea

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Excellent win for Rovers after the Sligo debacle. Comfortable enough but very satisfying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Shamrock keeper calling a racism on Dundalk fans.

Any truth in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

major bill wrote: »
    Why though? why would you want to create a two tier league in the hope of teams getting through a couple of rounds in Europe? cos thats what that sounds like to me! it's not going to make the league stronger.

I think it would make the league stronger. Maybe it would be less competitive but I would think it would be stronger overall with the extra money it would mean for teams if they could regularly get through a few rounds in Europe. I can't see the FAI ever investing decent money into the league so Europe is the best chance teams have of making money and improving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

gimmick wrote: »

Any truth in it?

You'd never know and it's gonna be hard or next to impossible to prove if anything was said. Don't think he would have come out on social media with an accusation like that unless something was said but unless it was heard by someone else it's hard to prove whether it was racial or not.

I am always slow to believe these accusations. Bray player a few seasons ago in Turners Cross was being booed for being a diving prick and he went to social media calling a racism. He simply lied, or needed a hearing aid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I am always slow to believe these accusations. Bray player a few seasons ago in Turners Cross was being booed for being a diving prick and he went to social media calling a racism. He simply lied, or needed a hearing aid.

Wonder if that's the same Bray player who made similar accusations against Shels fans. Doesn't seem like a pleasant person therefore gets stick and then claims rascism on social media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Any truth in it?

After spending the majority of the match time wasting and feigning injury their keeper decided to walk over towards the Dundalk fans that were leaving the shed. He was either looking for a reaction or was incredibly naive. All of a sudden the crowd rushed towards the barrier and he started going nuts, the stewards had to move him away. I assumed something had been thrown at him and was both pissed off at him for walking over to the Dundalk fans and for whatever idiot threw it. This was clarified by his later tweet.

So to answer your question, I have no doubts that something was said judging from his reaction but have no idea if it was racist or not.

• Advertisement

I am beginning to believe that CCFC might actually win the league at this stage!!

If we win our next 5 games we cannot be caught on points but will need to lose all our remaining games ti be caught on goal difference.

Next 5 games are

Galway (h)
    Bohs (h)
    Drogs (a)
    Sligo (h)
    Harps (a)

All of which we should be winning.

Then a point away to Shams on Sept 1st its official.

All this is assuming Dundalk do not drop further points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

If the deciding game is Harps away on a Monday night I'll actually be disgusted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

you didnt have to postpone the original fixture ;)
    Might make up for what the crowd would have been in its original slot

CHealy wrote: »
    If the deciding game is Harps away on a Monday night I'll actually be disgusted.

Yup. Toy at Christmas you always wanted but santa forgot the batteries.

With any luck Dundalk will lose another game then we do it at home to Sligo August 18th.

Or we drop points and have it in Tallaght.

overshoot wrote: »
    you didnt have to postpone the original fixture ;)
    Might make up for what the crowd would have been in its original slot

My group already have a bus provisionally booked should it come to it, hows Ballybofey on a Monday night? :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

doncarlos wrote: »
    After spending the majority of the match time wasting and feigning injury their keeper decided to walk over towards the Dundalk fans that were leaving the shed. He was either looking for a reaction or was incredibly naive. All of a sudden the crowd rushed towards the barrier and he started going nuts, the stewards had to move him away. I assumed something had been thrown at him and was both pissed off at him for walking over to the Dundalk fans and for whatever idiot threw it. This was clarified by his later tweet.

So to answer your question, I have no doubts that something was said judging from his reaction but have no idea if it was racist or not.

It's very odd and out of character, he's not been like that in any other game - to go over and look for a reaction. It would make me think it was something done/said during the game.

He's usually the first to seek out Rovers fans applause especially after a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Daphne Polite Bedding

It was Akenade, and we got charged for it, It was the Bray's assistant manager/Coach thought he heard it, but he was being booed for being a diving cheat

Akenade also tried it at Athlone and they were cleared

http://www.westmeathindependent.ie/sport/roundup/articles/2014/08/15/4032024-racism-athlone-town-fans-cleared-of-wrongdoing-in-akinade-case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Daphne Polite Bedding

dan1895 wrote: »
    Wonder if that's the same Bray player who made similar accusations against Shels fans. Doesn't seem like a pleasant person therefore gets stick and then claims rascism on social media.

It is, Akenade after Athlone challenged it and proven they didn't, the number of claims seemed to dwindled

We have put Finn Harps out of their European attempt. I don’t think they’ll qualify for it now.(Shiels-RTE)
    I think Sheils had bigger aspirations for Harps than Harps have!

sucker punch last night though, we were slightly better first half, Kieta & Houston should have got free headers on target, Derry upped it second half and were the only one creating chances from open play without really troubling Gallagher. (although a few fluffed proper chances on their part too)
    First goal, should have cleared that corner, second caught on the break looking for an equalizer. Decent crowd for a monday, few shy of 3,000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I think Sheils had bigger aspirations for Harps than Harps have!

sucker punch last night though, we were slightly better first half, Kieta & Houston should have got free headers on target, Derry upped it second half and were the only one creating chances from open play without really troubling Gallagher. (although a few fluffed proper chances on their part too)
    First goal, should have cleared that corner, second caught on the break looking for an equalizer. Decent crowd for a monday, few shy of 3,000.
    Great crowd, fair play to ye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

St pats going to announce Ian Turner from Limerick. Strange signing, hes been very poor at Limerick.

He is not a premier division standard player. Was an average (at best) 1st division player at CCFC.

It's good to see McDonald clearing out the dead wood that Russell signed this season, Turner played well in about 8/9 games out of his year and a half first spell with Limerick and as Gimmick mentioned he's not a premier player so that's a weird signing by Pats.

As pointed out to me, SPA now have the brave Dennehy sisters and Ian Turner to help them in a relegation fight. Oh dear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Vinny Faherty is joining us on loan until the end of the season and Jonah Ayunga is going to Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭DvB

As pointed out to me, SPA now have the brave Dennehy sisters and Ian Turner to help them in a relegation fight. Oh dear.

Pats will be well clear of the bottom 3 come seasons end.

If results go as expected they could be up to 7th and ahead of Bohs come this time next week & no one is talking about them being in a relgation battle (not recently anyway)
    I suspect the third round of fixtures will be their most productive in terms of points gained & they'll comfortably stay up. As poor as they are there's at least 4 or 5 teams weaker than them IMO.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Oat23 wrote: »
    Vinny Faherty is joining us on loan until the end of the season and Jonah Ayunga is going to Galway.

Isn't Jonah Ayunga only on loan at Sligo from Brighton?

Isn't Jonah Ayunga only on loan at Sligo from Brighton?

Yes. Both are going to be loan deals until the end of the season.

Faherty has already agreed to move. It's up to Jonah now.

So Sligo are cancelling his loan and Galway are hoping he'll join them on loan?

I like Vinny and think he's a decent striker but is he gonna get on ahead of Benny Igiehon, play two up top and they could form a good partnership though.

• Advertisement

That's appalling business by us, losing an experienced goalscorer for a no mark young lad who has shown nothing all season (as far as I'm aware).

I like Vinny and think he's a decent striker but is he gonna get on ahead of Benny Igiehon, play two up top and they could form a good partnership though.

I'm not 100% sure on the protocols but I know when HSV signed Papadopoulos on loan in January our deal was with Leipzig. He joined Leipzig on a season loan from Leverkusen last July.
    That's appalling business by us, losing an experienced goalscorer for a no mark young lad who has shown nothing all season (as far as I'm aware).

Yeah I'm confused by it as well but apparently it's happening if Ayunga agrees to move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Don't be dramatic.

Faherty is an experienced striker and is our best goalscorer over the last few years, but it hasn't happened for him this season for whatever reason. You could argue he wasn't used correctly by Keegan, but he has only scored 2 league goals...

I'm not sure Ayunga can be classed as a "no mark young lad". A bit of a throwaway comment. Our main strikers Faherty and Cunningham have 5 league goals combined this season. Ayunga has 4 league goals. I'm not saying he'll be unbelievable for us, but "appalling business" is going OTT, if the deal happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Probably wrong place now, but not sure where it belongs really!
    Seanie Maguire came off the bench this evening with 30 mins left for Preston v Burnley & already scored a decent goal.

https://youtu.be/rX6YrMu0TT4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Stevecw wrote: »
    Seanie Maguire came off the bench this evening with 30 mins left for Preston v Burnley & already scored a decent goal.

Good to see him finally get that first goal out of the way.

Both together I'd imagine. Raf is still playing every week and he's clearly not able for it any more.

Benny will do well here I think.

• Advertisement

Both together I'd imagine. Raf is still playing every week and he's clearly not able for it any more.

Benny will do well here I think.

I was impressed by him during the Limerick and Sligo game, neither team done much but he done alright and should improve as the season goes on. Some find though when you consider he was playing Northern Premier (level 7) in England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Stevecw wrote: »

Typicical Seani goal! Great to see!

Don't be dramatic.

Faherty is an experienced striker and is our best goalscorer over the last few years, but it hasn't happened for him this season for whatever reason. You could argue he wasn't used correctly by Keegan, but he has only scored 2 league goals...

I'm not sure Ayunga can be classed as a "no mark young lad". A bit of a throwaway comment. Our main strikers Faherty and Cunningham have 5 league goals combined this season. Ayunga has 4 league goals. I'm not saying he'll be unbelievable for us, but "appalling business" is going OTT, if the deal happens.

Anyone thinking this is a good deal for us needs their head checked. Sligo are struggling for goals and we are going to loan them a player with experience and a proven record of scoring in this division. We haven't played to Vinnys strengths at any point of the season so it's hardly a shock he hadn't scored many. I've seen Ayunga play us twice and he made no impact on me. Sligo fans don't seem to rate him from what I've read so that adds to the nonsensical nature of this.

Anyone thinking this is a good deal for us needs their head checked. Sligo are struggling for goals and we are going to loan them a player with experience and a proven record of scoring in this division. We haven't played to Vinnys strengths at any point of the season so it's hardly a shock he hadn't scored many. I've seen Ayunga play us twice and he made no impact on me. Sligo fans don't seem to rate him from what I've read so that adds to the nonsensical nature of this.
    To be fair our fans wouldn't rate Messi if he signed for us. But Ayunga is certainly nothing special, he has some ability but hasn't figured it out yet.

We had Sean Maguire on loan a few years ago and it was the same with him. It may come good for Jonah at some stage but it'll be no good to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

I didn't say it was a good deal, likewise I didn't understand the hysteria of your post either.

I think your point on Faherty not being used correctly is fair, he didn't seem to fit into how Keegan plays. Ayunga will be more suited to our system I feel, he has a bit of pace that can be used in behind, especially when counter attacking, which Keegan seems to value.

I also saw Ayunga twice this season, I saw him place Lee Grace flat on his hole and score against us in the Showgrounds with an excellent finish.

• Advertisement

Harps have signed mark timlin from Derry, can't see any more additions after Millien got clearance, Kieta and Mc bride.
    O'connor, funston and mcmonagle out so fairly like for like. Might get to stop playing forwards on the wing now

Harps have signed mark timlin from Derry, can't see any more additions after Millien got clearance, Kieta and Mc bride.
    O'connor, funston and mcmonagle out so fairly like for like. Might get to stop playing forwards on the wing now

Ridiculous how long it takes for this to come through..

Ridiculous how long it takes for this to come through..

In fairness he got it at the start of the month but hasn't really featured. 128 emails for more information before it was granted.
    Came on in a couple of games but didn't have a massive impact.

I see Harry Doherty released too, would be a good keeper for someone to pick up. From what I seen he deserved more game time
    Edit: gone to Carrick Rangers in the North

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Paul O'Conor, Robbie Williams and Shaun Kelly have been transfer listed by Limerick FC. Apparently McDonald isn't a fan of Robbie.

http://braywanderersfc.ie/bray-wanderers-fc-statement/

I dont really know what else to say about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Is this for real? Bray are fast becoming my second favourite team in the LOI.

http://braywanderersfc.ie/bray-wanderers-fc-statement/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Are they on drugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Haha this is the kinda **** I would put out if I was a billionaire funding a club.

I was reading that wondering was o'connor back and then seen Mulvey was signed at the bottom
    so hes back paying wages again... and up to his old plans, which hasnt wicklow coco already told him to f off with?
    To achieve this, yes, we are going to and are in preliminary negotiations to buy a new Ground, and will be seeking from Wicklow County Council the rezoning of the land in The Carlisle grounds with the development proceeds used to fund the construction of what will be the best Academy and sporting Grounds in the country.
    So ill built my massive development and use the profits to build a new stadium... i pinky swear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lol....i give up!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement