Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I was in Bray on Tuesday thankfully I didn't drink the local water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

The statement is all over the place grammatically, I wonder is he drunk or juiced up on something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Can we all agree Wicklow should always be refered to North Korea from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

CHealy wrote: »
    The statement is all over the place grammatically, I wonder is he drunk or juiced up on something?

Exactly what I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Must have had Tony Montana levels of coke beside him when he wrote that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Under the influence of an ether soaked rag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Surely they've been hacked??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

I, for one, welcome our new alien overlords

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Bray Wanderers FC can now officially confirm the club is financially stable for the foreseeable future and have a vision for the future unrivaled by any other Football Club in Ireland.
    Wicklow County has unfortunately now attained the accolade of being the North Korea of Ireland for business.
    But like all suppressed people, they eventually revolt, a revolution of Football is going to start and Bray Wanderers will be the leaders not just for Wicklow but for Ireland in this revolt.
    Ireland produced great world beating players, from Roy Keane, John Giles, Liam Brady, Robbie Keane to Ray Houghton and many many more.
    The problem and question is why cannot Ireland produce such great talent anymore.
    We at Bray Wanderers are going to answer the questions and solve this problem.
    We are going to give Wicklow and Ireland something to be proud of where there will be an academy to rival the best in the world. Our vision and ,rest assured ,we will execute the delivery of our vision is a world class football academy to rival the best in the world.
    To achieve this, yes, we are going to and are in preliminary negotiations to buy a new Ground, and will be seeking from Wicklow County Council the rezoning of the land in The Carlisle grounds with the development proceeds used to fund the construction of what will be the best Academy and sporting Grounds in the country.
    To keep the club on a sound financial Footing and independently fund this academy and club forevermore, we do have a plan on how to do that.
    This will be at no cost to the Exchequer or County Council. But when you operate in North Korea, these options are difficult to achieve, but we will achieve it.
    Eventually when we have succeeded in our vision creating the best centre of Excellence in Ireland, based on Academies such as Barcelona Manchester United and other in that caliber, creating the best production line of players in Ireland, we will hand the facility and sustainable business over to a trust who will protect the club and the development of Football in Wicklow & Ireland long after our collective lifetimes.
    There will be may naysayers to this and to them, we say,
    Ideally we’d bring in Conor McGregor for a quote but our response is,
    “One great enemy we must all endeavor to fear not conquering is fear. Fear can cripple purpose and purposeful life. Fear asks question we must fear. Fear makes vision a nightmare. One must always cross the barrier of fear to get to the great city of true purposefulness. A great number of us who are unable to live to accomplish the true reason for our existence on earth are unable to cross the barrier of fear in the first place.”
    Those afraid and living Fear, rest assured fear has no place in Bray Wanderers.
    Gerry Mulvey
    Chairman

Copying it locally for posterity, just in case it does disappear. :pac:

Is there an epidemic of glue sniffing in Bray these days or something?

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Also since when was Ray Houghton produced by Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Sweet Jesus, saw it on Facebook and had to check I was on the Wanderers page because it's so farcical.

Wicklow CoCo still own the Carlisle, Wanderers are only tenants. Why would they sell their asset and hand the money over to this nutter? He can build a new ground all he wants. He has no right to sell the Carlisle and recoup the money. I'm pretty sure he was already told this. To get money from the sale of the ground, he'd have to buy it first. This coming from a man representing a group who a few weeks ago said they didn't have money to pay players. The guy's wired to the moon. Hopefully, Wicklow CoCo tell him to **** off and he gets bored and someone else with half a brain can take over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

awec wrote: »
    Bray Wanderers FC can now officially confirm the club is financially stable for the foreseeable future and have a vision for the future unrivaled by any other Football Club in Ireland.
    Wicklow County has unfortunately now attained the accolade of being the North Korea of Ireland for business.
    But like all suppressed people, they eventually revolt, a revolution of Football is going to start and Bray Wanderers will be the leaders not just for Wicklow but for Ireland in this revolt.
    Ireland produced great world beating players, from Roy Keane, John Giles, Liam Brady, Robbie Keane to Ray Houghton and many many more.
    The problem and question is why cannot Ireland produce such great talent anymore.
    We at Bray Wanderers are going to answer the questions and solve this problem.
    We are going to give Wicklow and Ireland something to be proud of where there will be an academy to rival the best in the world. Our vision and ,rest assured ,we will execute the delivery of our vision is a world class football academy to rival the best in the world.
    To achieve this, yes, we are going to and are in preliminary negotiations to buy a new Ground, and will be seeking from Wicklow County Council the rezoning of the land in The Carlisle grounds with the development proceeds used to fund the construction of what will be the best Academy and sporting Grounds in the country.
    To keep the club on a sound financial Footing and independently fund this academy and club forevermore, we do have a plan on how to do that.
    This will be at no cost to the Exchequer or County Council. But when you operate in North Korea, these options are difficult to achieve, but we will achieve it.
    Eventually when we have succeeded in our vision creating the best centre of Excellence in Ireland, based on Academies such as Barcelona Manchester United and other in that caliber, creating the best production line of players in Ireland, we will hand the facility and sustainable business over to a trust who will protect the club and the development of Football in Wicklow & Ireland long after our collective lifetimes.
    There will be may naysayers to this and to them, we say,
    Ideally we’d bring in Conor McGregor for a quote but our response is,
    “One great enemy we must all endeavor to fear not conquering is fear. Fear can cripple purpose and purposeful life. Fear asks question we must fear. Fear makes vision a nightmare. One must always cross the barrier of fear to get to the great city of true purposefulness. A great number of us who are unable to live to accomplish the true reason for our existence on earth are unable to cross the barrier of fear in the first place.”
    Those afraid and living Fear, rest assured fear has no place in Bray Wanderers.
    Gerry Mulvey
    Chairman

Copying it locally for posterity, just in case it does disappear. :pac:

Is there an epidemic of glue sniffing in Bray these days or something?

Biggest selling source of sustenance. Pop into Henry & Rose for a good ol' bag of glue there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Paul O'Conor, Robbie Williams and Shaun Kelly have been transfer listed by Limerick FC. Apparently McDonald isn't a fan of Robbie.

That's bizzare Robbie has been one of the brights sparks of our season. Kelly is a solid right back, good going forward and good defensively...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I sure hope so, the idea that a lucid mind wrote that statement is scary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Paul O'Conor, Robbie Williams and Shaun Kelly have been transfer listed by Limerick FC. Apparently McDonald isn't a fan of Robbie.
    Very strange decisiosn by McDoanld. All solid players really. Williams especially seems like a good leader, he might not be a great athlete but can read the game and has performed well.

His team selections have been odd aswell. Ogbene desoying teams playing as a striker and he moves him right wing.

Dean Clarke as a right back also...

Garbhan Coughlan starting ahead of Stephen Kenny also is a bit strange.

Sweet Jesus, saw it on Facebook and had to check I was on the Wanderers page because it's so farcical.

Wicklow CoCo still own the Carlisle, Wanderers are only tenants. Why would they sell their asset and hand the money over to this nutter? He can build a new ground all he wants. He has no right to sell the Carlisle and recoup the money. I'm pretty sure he was already told this. To get money from the sale of the ground, he'd have to buy it first. This coming from a man representing a group who a few weeks ago said they didn't have money to pay players. The guy's wired to the moon. Hopefully, Wicklow CoCo tell him to **** off and he gets bored and someone else with half a brain can take over.

There is no Wicklow CoCo. Just North Korea, did you not read about the revolution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

That's bizzare Robbie has been one of the brights sparks of our season. Kelly is a solid right back, good going forward and good defensively...

Kelly yeah it's weird that he's being transfer listed but then again no one knows what has happened with the three lads, most can guess why Robbie is being moved on but none of them are being moved on cause they're not rated anymore so something must have happened.

Was only a matter of time though before the new manager and Robbie had a falling out over his off the field lifestyle. In fairness there's lads who play in the annual over 40s tournament up in the Boro in better condition than Robbie.

pjohnson wrote: »
    There is no Wicklow CoCo. Just North Korea, did you not read about the revolution.

There was a great comment on the RTE website

"Since this is LOI I presume the revolution will not be televised" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I nearly spat out my cornflakes, well really I had a little chuckle out loud on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

They'll probably sue this newly founded Indian team for money:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerala_Evergreen_F.C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'm working overnight this week and when I woke up at around 1pm I read some of that on my phone. Fell asleep again and when I woke up at 3.30pm I swear I thought it was a dream I had.

Hopefully they make it to the end of the season though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Have Bray Wanderers found evidence of Gulags set up in the Sally Gap for dissident Wicklow people?

kksaints wrote: »
    Have Bray Wanderers found evidence of Gulags set up in the Sally Gap for dissident Wicklow people?

Wicklow county council have issued a statement responding to the crazy allegations
    Wicklow County Council is best county council

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    I was in Bray on Tuesday thankfully I didn't drink the local water

He's not a local Joey. Holy jesus is all I can say

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

For anyone heading to Bohs v Rovers tonight, they're not letting people in with bags.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

GLaDOS wrote: »
    For anyone heading to Bohs v Rovers tonight, they're not letting people in with bags.

Ye'll be grand stick it in yer socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

GLaDOS wrote: »

You'll have to leave her at home so.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

1916 Rising
    5 Jackie Healy Rae's
    Croke Park

Whats tomorrow gunna be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Is it April Fools version today in North Korea?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DamienOB

Someone likes battles and wars.

Money on the Germans and the World Wars for the next one

DamienOB wrote: »

If Bray loose to Harps they declare war on Donegal as traitors to "the cause"? Surely he'll tweet Trump for support against Koreans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

DamienOB wrote: »

I reckon it's only a matter of time before "Fake News" is brought up.

Maybe we should start a bingo game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

No need to bring the local councillors and officials to St George's. Let them get the bus to Tallaght and see what Rovers Academy looks like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

This guy must be beliving the whole "no publicity is bad publicity" lark.

Making your club a laughing stock in a league where nobody cares about them is a pretty poor judgement call. Not sure this nonsense will encourage people locally to help them either by paying through the gate.

In other news Robbie Williams has signed for CCFC. As tea lady hopefully.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

It's kind of apt that the Carlisle grounds was used for the bloody Sunday scene in Michael Collins.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Robbie Williams officially a Cork City player, not a bad short term signing for them which allows McCormack to move back into midfield.

Robbie Williams officially a Cork City player, not a bad short term signing for them which allows McCormack to move back into midfield.

Ya its some badly needed cover for us, we cant be playing McCormack at CB anymore he's too good in midfield. Although Williams looks like he has two packs of bacon fries for every pint, he'll be sick **** of Caulfield by the end of the weekend.

• Advertisement

Ya its some badly needed cover for us, we cant be playing McCormack at CB anymore he's too good in midfield. Although Williams looks like he has two packs of bacon fries for every pint, he'll be sick **** of Caulfield by the end of the weekend.

Move to Cork is probably the best thing for him and might finally get his act together. On his day he's top class and playing with better players around him he'd even do a job for beyond this season. Good experienced player for the young lads to learn a thing or two just don't let him bring them on a night out haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I was expecting a statement today along the lines of "We may have chosen our words poorly and for that we humbly apologise." or "We were hacked!" but that driveling nonsense is just confirmation that the guy's whacked out of his gourd.

At least the O'Connor's had some tact (up until the Dundalk match). This guy hasn't a ****ing clue. Honestly, I believe it is the desperate ramblings of a man who's realised that his plan isn't going to work with the way things are at the moment so he needs to force the CCs hand somewhat for the Carlisle to be sold. Thankfully, he's destroying any credibility he has in the process and merely making himself look like a raving lunatic. You have to wonder how he ever made money if this is the way he does business.

In other news: We rejected a bid for Aaron Greene. It must be horrible being a player at the club right now. A nutter at the helm, constant speculation about the funding meaning you can't be sure if you're going to get paid or not and you can't even leave when a genuine offer comes in.

It's all going to end in tears, I've resigned myself to that. I just hope it happens sooner rather than later and that we'll have some semblance of a club once it's all done with. While damaging our reputation, this loony is probably convincing the CC to have nothing to do with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Neil McDonald on Live 95 Fm (Limerick radio) telling fans to watch this space.

Apparently it's a big name that'll bring the crowds is. A player capped by Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Potential chant for Bray fans?

Apparently it's a big name that'll bring the crowds is. A player capped by Ireland.

Probably Joe Lapira or Gamble coming out of retirement haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Its Limerick, what can go wrong...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Did Duff bring crowds in to tallaght? Don't think so. Names don't get much bigger than that here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Did Duff bring crowds in to tallaght? Don't think so. Names don't get much bigger than that here.

Robbie Keane :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Daphne Polite Bedding

Kevin Nolan - edit ignore as I didn't see capped by Ireland part

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement