Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Robbie Keane :o
    They're about the same level I'd have thought. If he was coming to Ireland it'd be Shams surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

They're about the same level I'd have thought. If he was coming to Ireland it'd be Shams surely.

I'd have Keane that bit higher but he won't come back to Ireland, probably sign for a championship club this season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

It could be anyone really and he'd still claim that he's signing for his "boyhood club"!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Not sure if it's great banter from RTE or sh*te web editing.

9xxGHBxYR5yAlRG55XScRQ.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Akinade is a clown. Runs over to the east stand after scoring.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

:D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Daphne Polite Bedding

Yikes the ref was dire tonight at Turners Cross, Sean Grant, ....Lucky after that poor first half to get 3 points, hope we kept the receipt for Sadlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Rob Hennessey had an absolute howler at Ferrycarrig Park tonight. Paul Hunt absolutely destroyed Aaron Dobbs through 1-on-1 outside the box for a yellow card in the first half. In the second, Hunt handled the ball outside the box and didn't receive a booking.

Meanwhile, sent two players off for Wexford and missed a clear handball in the box.

Please let this season end after Athlone next week :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Yikes the ref was dire tonight at Turners Cross, Sean Grant, ....Lucky after that poor first half to get 3 points, hope we kept the receipt for Sadlier

Sadlier will come good eventually I'd say. I have faith in him.

My guess is that the next five games are going to be like that. :pac: :(

Regardless though, it's now, T-13 points. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Daphne Polite Bedding

Wilberto wrote: »
    Sadlier will come good eventually I'd say. I have faith in him.

My guess is that the next five games are going to be like that. :pac: :(

Regardless though, it's now, T-13 points. :D

il keep the faith in him, but he's shown nothing so far in the 4/5 games he has played, but Its awkward time of the year to move... what is his actual position, surely hes not a winger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Big win for Harps, Timlin nets on his debut, Kieta with his first too. Still did our best to mess it up! Bray keeps giving this week though!
    Corks comeback puts us 5 clear of Galway and home to them next week. (edit pats v sligo too)
    Just a shame Bohs & Pats picked up the points around us ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Rob Hennessey had an absolute howler at Ferrycarrig Park tonight. Paul Hunt absolutely destroyed Aaron Dobbs through 1-on-1 outside the box for a yellow card in the first half. In the second, Hunt handled the ball outside the box and didn't receive a booking.

Meanwhile, sent two players off for Wexford and missed a clear handball in the box.

Please let this season end after Athlone next week :(

Agree with you on all that, but we should have had more discipline when the ref started acting the maggot. Could easily have got something out of that with 11 on the pitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Great Night in Tallaght, Not the best spectacle of Football but to come out with the 3 points after losing our last 3 , Bradley ****ing on about cup finals, and only winning once previous up there, was special.

Akinade showed how much he has being missed, best player on the pitch and a strike that could easily be a goal of the month contender. Him and Dinny could be a partnership made in heaven, a partnership not seen since the days of Crowe/Keegan.

Off the pitch Atmosphere was great, away end buzzing as always, Fans in full voice.

The eejets that ran onto the pitch was a big pity and the crowd control was a disgrace nearly causing a crush. downside to what was a decent Derby.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Nice win for Bray tonight, good to see they are putting all the controversy behind them, 3-0 is quite the achievement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

il keep the faith in him, but he's shown nothing so far in the 4/5 games he has played, but Its awkward time of the year to move... what is his actual position, surely hes not a winger

He was great up in Bray.

I wouldn't be too worried about him, you can see positionally he's still fitting into the team and vice versa.

Galway are a very solid team, would wonder why they are down where they are to be honest. Left back (Ludden?) has an enormous throw, some weapon that is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Same old inconsistency for Rovers again. Same as the Pats 1-1 draw after beating Bray, poor display in Sligo after Stjarnan and now defeat after winning in Dundalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Corholio wrote: »
    He was great up in Bray.

I wouldn't be too worried about him, you can see positionally he's still fitting into the team and vice versa.

Galway are a very solid team, would wonder why they are down where they are to be honest. Left back (Ludden?) has an enormous throw, some weapon that is.

We are beyond inconsistent, some say very unlucky. We deserved at least point last night but again we hit the post and have one ruled out. We haven't won games where we've dominated too which has us where we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

dfx- wrote: »
    Same old inconsistency for Rovers again. Same as the Pats 1-1 draw after beating Bray, poor display in Sligo after Stjarnan and now defeat after winning in Dundalk.

So you could argue that they are being consistent? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

dfx- wrote: »

Missed Lopes big time, Sam bone while a good player is no centre half.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Can we send Sadlier on loan to a gym for a while? Weaker than water. He has shown nothing yet.

We need something else up top if we are to do a double or go invincible.

Good win last night given we were very poor. I'd say Campion wanted to strangle Shep for not passing to him with 2 open goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

gimmick wrote: »
    Can we send Sadlier on loan to a gym for a while? Weaker than water. He has shown nothing yet.

We need something else up top if we are to do a double or go invincible.

Good win last night given we were very poor. I'd say Campion wanted to strangle Shep for not passing to him with 2 open goals.

Ya Sadlier has been very poor so far, really dissapointed with him, you'd see stronger u19's. Its blatently obvious we need a top striker but I cant see it happening now at this stage. Galway really gave us a game in the 1st half but I think we done enough in the second to see the win through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Missed Lopes big time, Sam bone while a good player is no centre half.

Bone had a mare for our winner. Ball passed to him and he lets it roll over his foot for a throw in, he then kicks the ball to our player allowing us to take it quick and he fell over himself tracking back allowing Akinade a free break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

Clearly he was concussed and shouldnt have been allowed back on after the head clash with your superstar.......a problem he wouldnt suffer from as his brain cells are elsewhere, as everyone knows..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Good point for Sligo tonight.

gimmick wrote: »
    Good point for Sligo tonight.

Really surprising. It looked like a throw away game on the face of it. We've kicked out as much of the dead wood as possible and we are still awaiting clearance for all the new signings. Some really poor players in the first XI and the bench had an average age of 19 with about 3 first team appearances between them. We played quite well actually and the point was well deserved.

Igiehon was a solid find by Lyttle. Looking forward to seeing him & Faherty up front fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

Oat23 wrote: »
    Really surprising. It looked like a throw away game on the face of it. We've kicked out as much of the dead wood as possible and we are still awaiting clearance for all the new signings. Some really poor players in the first XI and the bench had an average age of 19 with about 3 first team appearances between them. We played quite well actually and the point was well deserved.

Igiehon was a solid find by Lyttle. Looking forward to seeing him & Faherty up front fingers crossed.
    A point with Kenny and Roddan in the team is a miracle. We'll need to win a few games in the next two months though. Looking forward to the squad announcement tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Interesting piece here - open letter written by former Bray Wanderers media officer, Jillian Godsill

http://jilliangodsil.com/index.php/an-open-letter-to-bray-wanderers-fc/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭eire4

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I saw that to Jacksonville Armada in the second tier league there called the NASL. I assume he is getting more money to play there and hence the move.

eire4 wrote: »
    I saw that to Jacksonville Armada in the second tier league there called the NASL. I assume he is getting more money to play there and hence the move.
    Plus he doesn't have to live in Dundalk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Plus he doesn't have to live in Dundalk.
    I know you're probably messing, but a lot of Dundalk's squad don't live there, it's just an hour commute from Dublin after all.

Jacksonville is the club Richie Ryan was with before he got a big move to Paolo Maldini's/Alessandro Nesta's Miami FC down the road.

No tax in Florida either so Kilduff will be earning a decent wage. Richie is on over $200k/year according to some journalists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭eire4

Oat23 wrote: »
    Jacksonville is the club Richie Ryan was with before he got a big move to Paolo Maldini's/Alessandro Nesta's Miami FC down the road.

No tax in Florida either so Kilduff will be earning a decent wage. Richie is on over $200k/year according to some journalists.

I figured that he would have to be making a pretty decent wage and certainly much more then he got at Dundalk for him to make that kind of move. Jacksonville's average crowd this season is just over 3,000 so not much different to what he would have been used to with Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I know you're probably messing, but a lot of Dundalk's squad don't live there, it's just an hour commute from Dublin after all.

Majority of Dundalk players live in Dundalk.

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Sligo in talks with Glenavon to try and sign Greg Moorhouse.

LOI window closes today, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

awec wrote: »

Same guy was on trial with Coventry recently ex Crumlin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Rovers trying to be cool with their signing posts today, get a move on and get out of the relegation zone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

awec wrote: »

Window for signing contracted players is tonight but you can sign outta contract players up until the end of August.

Limerick have two players up for transfer and unless they find a new club or ask for their contracts to be cancelled before tonight then they can't move until the off season.

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Same guy was on trial with Coventry recently ex Crumlin.

Good player with a good bit of potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Sligo try going all European with a announce signing vid for 12.30, only to not announce new signig at 12.30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Maybe using the European time also...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Paddy Barrett on loan to Waterford until the end of the season looks a done deal now

Paddy Barrett on loan to Waterford until the end of the season looks a done deal now

Loan? Strange move.

CHealy wrote: »
    Loan? Strange move.

I imagine he'll sign permanently next season. Barrett - Browne - McClean - Heaney is surely one of the best back fours in the country.

I imagine he'll sign permanently next season. Barrett - Browne - McClean - Heaney is surely one of the best back fours in the country.

I think you are in for a surprise next year if you think that.

Barrett playing Champions League football the past few seasons, Browne inarguably still one of if not the best centre half in the country since Boyle left.

McClean has been hugely impressive this season, but I understand it might seem like I'm overrating him if you haven't seen us play.

Heaney is a serious prospect at left back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

all be playing for City by then anyway :)

Barrett playing Champions League football the past few seasons, Browne inarguably still one of if not the best centre half in the country since Boyle left.

McClean has been hugely impressive this season, but I understand it might seem like I'm overrating him if you haven't seen us play.

Heaney is a serious prospect at left back too.

Browne is a great player, gutted when he left City, but he's about the only one Id rate although Iv not seen or heard much of Heaney. Looking forward to welcoming that rat McClean to Turners Cross next year.
    joeysoap wrote: »
    all be playing for City by then anyway :)

Only one Id take is Browne but he wants to play for his hometown club which ya cant argue with.

Whats the rumour on McElinney? Heard he might be off?

• Advertisement

Browne is a great player, gutted when he left City, but he's about the only one Id rate although Iv not seen or heard much of Heaney. Looking forward to welcoming that rat McClean to Turners Cross.

Not bitter at all about that tackle on Seanie in pre season so :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement