Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

He is from Waterford, well liked in Dundalk. I'd say Kenny is only loaning out until he sees what squad he will have next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Not bitter at all about that tackle on Seanie in pre season so :P

Im very bitter about it and rightly so, it was scummy but I suppose thats the McCleans for ya.

CHealy wrote: »

Whats the rumour on McElinney? Heard he might be off?

Great player, though injury prone. Haven't heard anything about him moving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Not bitter at all about that tackle on Seanie in pre season so :P

It was an attempted leg breaker in a pre season kick about. Which he had a laugh and a joke about on twitter with his more successful .... of a brother. I think anger is more the emotion.

Whats the rumour on McElinney? Heard he might be off?

Where do you get your information?

Sunderland apparently interested enough in McEleney. €150k is what I'm hearing. Greyson obviously rates a few LOI players.

Paddy Barrett won't be returning to Dundalk

Hoban all set to sign but the medical showed a tear that needs rest.

It would appear to me anyway that Stephen Kenny accepts the league is gone and is (hopefully)planning for next year. Top 3 guaranteed Europe and Dundalk probably hoping to hold onto one of those spots.

That was a terrific team, and we should look back on it in years to come and appreciate how good it was.

Boyle, Horgan, Finn, Meenan, O'Connor brothers, Kilduff, Barrett , Poynton and McEleney all gone since last year (and before that Towell and Hoban)

* not counting Seanie :pac:

Great times from a great team :)

• Advertisement

joeysoap wrote: »

Sunderland apparently interested enough in McEleney. €150k is what I'm hearing. Greyson obviously rates a few LOI players.

It was mentioned on CCFC Forum that he might be off, if not this window definitely in January.

Are Dundalk meeting Hobans wage demands or has he copped on a bit? Think Cork City also enquired about a month ago but his wages were ridiculous for a fella who failed across the water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

It would appear to me anyway that Stephen Kenny accepts the league is gone and is (hopefully)planning for next year. Top 3 guaranteed Europe and Dundalk probably hoping to hold onto one of those spots.

That was a terrific team, and we should look back on it in years to come and appreciate how good it was.

Boyle, Horgan, Finn, Meenan, O'Connor brothers, Kilduff, Barrett , Poynton and McEleney all gone since last year (and before that Towell and Hoban)

Grayson had no interest in Seanie or Kevin O Connor if that's what you were referring to, that was all ridsdale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'm still a bit shocked that Galway gave us Faherty. No word if Ayunga moved to them, stayed with us or went back to England. Galway are announcing some signings soon so we shall find out.

Seems awfully risky giving us a proven LOI goalscorer when goals are what we are in desperate need of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Oat23 wrote: »
    I'm still a bit shocked that Galway gave us Faherty. No word if Ayunga moved to them, stayed with us or went back to England. Galway are announcing some signings soon so we shall find out.

Seems awfully risky giving us a proven LOI goalscorer when goals are what we are in desperate need of.

We seemed clueless as to how to use Faherty for some strange reason. Awful transfer for us.

Grayson had no interest in Seanie or Kevin O Connor if that's what you were referring to, that was all ridsdale.

Horgan and Boyle.

• Advertisement

It was mentioned on CCFC Forum that he might be off, if not this window definitely in January.

Are Dundalk meeting Hobans wage demands or has he copped on a bit? Think Cork City also enquired about a month ago but his wages were ridiculous for a fella who failed across the water.

He training (hard) with the squad but the 6 weeks rest required to heal the tear put an end to signing for the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Galway did sign Ayunga on loan, a downgrade on Faherty AND we sold Grace too Shamrock Rovers. Seems we are throwing in the towel and just cutting costs for a year in First Division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

pjohnson wrote: »
    Galway did sign Ayunga on loan, a downgrade on Faherty AND we sold Grace too Shamrock Rovers. Seems we are throwing in the towel and just cutting costs for a year in First Division.
    Scored two goals more than Faherty this season, but is a downgrade. Interesting logic there. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Bohs one up at moment.

We hang on that is ****in major.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

2 Big wins in the space of 3 days, Keith Long doing some job.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Bohs ruining everything

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Daphne Polite Bedding

Caufields made an error not getting a striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Daphne Polite Bedding

Akenade won the peno according to city's twitter - did he do his usual play acting again? He's usually on the floor most of time when he's down the cross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭sidcon

Akenade won the peno according to city's twitter - did he do his usual play acting again? He's usually on the floor most of time when he's down the cross

Cork defender lunged in on him with the ball going away from goal. Needless tackle but clear penalty. Take your sour grapes elsewhere.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

And it's not possible that a Cork player committed a foul at Turners Cross...it has never happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Dreadful stuff by City tonight. The worst I have seen them in years. The Italians and Germans would have been proud of Bohs play acting, but we deserved to get beat cause we were pretty pish.

Was a clear Peno

City have been terrific this year. Dundalk we terrific last year. But losing matches is part and parcel of football. No reason to criticise a team for an odd loss. It happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Can we keep Poynton?
    DGGF2AcXYAEE49q.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

BOHtox wrote: »
    Can we keep Poynton?
    DGGF2AcXYAEE49q.jpg

Maybe If we ask nicely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Maybe If we ask nicely

We could re-arrange another fixture or two and we could probably get him. Honestly don't think he'd get in to the Dundalk first team. He's a young lad and probably wants to be playing.

I'm looking at 4th. We're 3 points behind, granted with a game more played but with this squad anything is possible.

Bohs value for their win. City were rubbish. Caulfield made too many changes from Friday.

That's 3 home games in a row we have been poor. It's just as well the gap is all but insurmountable as if we were in a close title race without Maguire we would be in big trouble.

The invincible season is gone but that was always a big ask. Just have to dig in now and secure it in Tallaght on Sept 1st. :)

:(Out of curiosity ( I don't know the answer)

Has a LOI team gone through a season unbeaten. Best I can recall is one defeat for Dundalk in 1976 (by one of the Cork teams of the time).

Actually see a few more 1 defeats , Athlone , Shams and Dundalk :( in 2015) Bohs would you believe in Oriel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Out of curiosity ( I don't know the answer)

Has a LOI team gone through a season unbeaten. Best I can recall is one defeat for Dundalk in 1976 (by one of the Cork teams of the time).

https://twitter.com/historyloi/status/892128357961408512

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Scored two goals more than Faherty this season, but is a downgrade. Interesting logic there. :confused:

Youre literally the only Utd fan who thinks is in some way a good deal for us. Pales in comparison to letting Grace go, a super signing for Rovers, fully expect to see him in England within the next year or so, a superb defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Great results for Bohs over the past few days. Not easy going to Cork a few days after a derby win.

ItsHoggie wrote: »

90 years since it happened. It's a hard record to achieve.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

sidcon wrote:
    Cork defender lunged in on him with the ball going away from goal. Needless tackle but clear penalty. Take your sour grapes elsewhere.

I don't know what you were watching - the defender barely nibbled at him - fell over very easily.

It was a clear penalty, very naive from McCarthy who as a recent u19 graduate Im slow to critisise, but he had an absolute stinker. Its hard to explain how poor Cork City were but at the same time Bohs came down and done exactly what they had planned to do, I was really impressed with them, Long has done some job there. Bohs should have actually been 2 nil up at half time, they missed two 1 on 1's after mistakes from McCarthy.

Im disappointed the unbeaten run is over but things like that are always a bonus, its important we just get the league over the line now and enjoy that, its not as if we do it every other year. It'll take a bit of time to get used to playing without Maguire and its criminal we havnt replaced him yet but we need to work it out now and last night will go a long way to sorting that problem. If we dont bring in a striker in the next few days, then there is no way in hell we will do a treble, or double for that matter.

I thought Bohs were pretty average. They had 3 chances and they all cam from our back 4 making awful errors.

Cork were just muck, but you get games like that, but its clear we are going to miss Maguire.

• Advertisement

Cork were just muck, but you get games like that, but its clear we are going to miss Maguire.

Absolutely, its impossible to replace Maguire like Horgan was impossible to replace for Dundalk, these things happen in LOI unfortunately. But we havnt done ourselves any favours either by not even attempting to replace him, which is really worrying.

Positive from last night is that Robbie Williams looked good when he came on for the second half, very Kenny Browne like including the weight but hopefully our S&C get a hold of him, can see him being here next year aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Guffy

Campion seems a decent player. Just can't get things to fall for him. If he gets a goal or 2 in the next couple of games he could have a strong finish to the season.

Two poor games on the bounce now from city though. The league is all but wrapped up at this stage but if they are going to do the double they do need to step it up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Youre literally the only Utd fan who thinks is in some way a good deal for us. Pales in comparison to letting Grace go, a super signing for Rovers, fully expect to see him in England within the next year or so, a superb defender.
    Quizzed every United fan on it have you? fair play. Weren't you the fella that called Ayunga "some no-mark young lad" - sheesh, some comment that.

I never said it was a good deal, however I think it may work out to our benefit because the way we play obviously didn't suit Faherty and it should suit Ayunga's attributes. I don't go along with Ayunga is a massive downgrade on Faherty.

Guffy wrote: »
    Two poor games on the bounce now from city though. The league is all but wrapped up at this stage but if they are going to do the double they do need to step it up again.

Unless we pull something out of the bag I cant see us being good enough to win any of the Cups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Gary Delaney & Robin Dempsey have left Waterford FC to join Wexford Junior side North End United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

We're a bit disjointed up front at the moment but I'd expect us to be still in with a great chance in the cups.

Guffy wrote: »
    Campion seems a decent player. Just can't get things to fall for him. .

I have to say he tried his bloody heart out Monday night. Ran his socks off and was putting his body on the line. He missed a sitter 20 seconds after restart, but I cannot fault a player who gives 100%.

I have to say he tried his bloody heart out Monday night. Ran his socks off and was putting his body on the line. He missed a sitter 20 seconds after restart, but I cannot fault a player who gives 100%.

He isn't good enough. It's like having your company car being replaced from an Audi A5 to a banged up 95 Punto.

It's not just that one sitter either. He has missed chance after chance after chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

A lovely letter from Bray there to the Council. Explicitly stating they want to build and sell before doing up the stadium, yeah cos that'll happen. I hope the Council stick their guns, don't want to see these cretinous ****wads getting away with this.

Mushy wrote: »
    A lovely letter from Bray there to the Council. Explicitly stating they want to build and sell before doing up the stadium, yeah cos that'll happen. I hope the Council stick their guns, don't want to see these cretinous ****wads getting away with this.

Dont the council own the stadium?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

As soon as mulvey got involved loads called it this way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I would give 100% if I played for City - but I'm not good enough :D

I've said it before, Campion just isn't good enough. Every time he comes on, he somehow manages to miss at least one easy chance. Getting himself into good positions is only part of the job - he has to score too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dont the council own the stadium?

Yup. Hence why I want it kept this way.

I would give 100% if I played for City - but I'm not good enough :D

I've said it before, Campion just isn't good enough. Every time he comes on, he somehow manages to miss at least one easy chance. Getting himself into good positions is only part of the job - he has to score too.

True so would I(I would hope):P

But its not like its Campion fault is it. Its up to management or whoever to buy or bring in a player. You cant fault Campion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Wicklow CC own the stadium, Bray Wanderers just rent.

From what I see, Mulvey is trying to bully the CC into selling. If I were them, I wouldn't even consider giving him the Carlisle 'til he's paid off every penny of his pie-in-the-sky stadium/world class academy but I strongly doubt that's going to happen.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement