Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Raoul

CHealy wrote: »
    He'd be one of Caulfields 'play anywhere' players that he loves. The best game Keohane actually had for us was in the 3 nil win away to Dundalk in the attacking midfielder position, would love to see him back there at some stage but Gary Buckley obviously has incriminating photos of Caulfield and is holding him to ransom in that he has to play every minute of every game in that position.

Id still love to know where Raoul got that we want to sack the manager.

Still have massive respect for Raf Cretario aswell, great player and he was well able to have a laugh with the City fans on Friday night over the Derrynane side.
    I was exaggerating somewhat, sorry. But I do think that Cork fans are way over the top and complain about JC so much and maybe don't give him enough credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Raoul wrote: »
    I was exaggerating somewhat, sorry. But I do think that Cork fans are way over the top and complain about JC so much and maybe don't give him enough credit.

He's about to become our joint most successful manager, most successful if we win the Cup, he's brought this club from mid table nothingness to qualifying for Europe every year and bar a bottle job never seen before we will win the league this year. He brought in a player who couldnt get on Dundalks bench and gave him the opportunity to become one of the finest strikers this league has ever seen, the man will get plenty of credit. We lost to Bohs and the team were applauded off, we were never going to go unbeaten especially with Maguire gone. But last Friday wasnt acceptable from start to finish and I think thats where peoples frustration came from, hopefully it was a one off but there was certainly alot of anger at the end of the game, as a gauge of how bad it was, Caulfield actually apologised to the fans for the performance after the game. Big one against Harps tonight, the only good thing to come from last Friday is that I didnt have to take 2 days off work and travel the lenght of the island to Donegal tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Raoul wrote: »

Definitely doesn't get enough credit.
    Cork have improved slowly & steadily over the last 3 seasons. It's been low risk stuff. & I expect that won't change.
    But they clearly deserve the time to develop or find a new threat in attack.
    Give Caulfield and co. a break!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I actually think Caulfield downfall was his first season in charge as we overachieved by going so close to winning the league that season.

But I have seen a very steady upwards curve from him and last 2 seasons we have got through at least first round in Europe too.

Win the league this season and you would have to call him a success. We are starting to limp a little and a win tonight would just bring sigh of relief cause I like to win it asap, as much as most thinks it's all over, when you have not won league in 12 years and 2nd too many times you still have that tiny doubt in back of your mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Crumlin v Dundalk set for the Iveagh Grounds, Crumlin on Saturday at 4PM

Can see a decent Local crowd out for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

major bill wrote: »
    Crumlin v Dundalk set for the Iveagh Grounds, Crumlin on Saturday at 4PM

Can see a decent Local crowd out for this.

Probably, but surely would have been worth an extra 10k to crumlin if they switched to oriel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

What size gate could you expect at Iveagh? Are Bangor Celtic playing on the same ground on Friday against Longford?

I think crumlin are right to keep home advantage.

What % of the gate do the FAI confiscate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

joeysoap wrote: »
    What size gate could you expect at Iveagh? Are Bangor Celtic playing on the same ground on Friday against Longford?

I think crumlin are right to keep home advantage.

What % of the gate do the FAI confiscate?

20% they take

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Oat23 wrote: »
    Lets not forget the awful studs up to the knee challenge on Schlingermann or that ridiculous push by Bolger on Roddan for which Tobi was booked. Two yellows to Roddan for nothing as well.

Then he tops off a terrible showing with 6 minutes injury time. I guess he didn't think he favoured Cork enough in the first 90.

Constant time wasting each of your 3 subs must have taken a minute to go off the pitch it could have been 12 added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Constant time wasting each of your 3 subs must have taken a minute to go off the pitch it could have been 12 added.
    And ye still wouldn't have scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

95 seconds total.

Yes I counted. I have too much free time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I would quite like an injury time winner away v Rovers, kinda make up for the ea cup semi. That would lead to limericks biggest crowd of the season probably in the next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

What size gate could you expect at Iveagh?

Can't seem them turning people away, but it's essentially a pitch with a club house so won't be able to handle much of a crowd. Feck all parking inside to from what I can remember last time I was up there.

Side news, great point for Shelbourne Ladies today up North against Medyk Konin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

In spite of the referee's best efforts. Have seen the men's team concede a penalty and red card in the exact same manner but unfortunately that one was scored.

• Advertisement

Can't seem them turning people away, but it's essentially a pitch with a club house so won't be able to handle much of a crowd. Feck all parking inside to from what I can remember last time I was up there.

I think Crumlin are right to keep the match local. switched last year and probably got some stick for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

How come the match was played up Belfast and not in Dublin?

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    How come the match was played up Belfast and not in Dublin?

All the Group games are in Belfast. I assume one of the teams "wins" home advantage and the other 3 teams travel there to play all of their Group games.

And ye still wouldn't have scored.

And Sligo are still going down

Who will be your feeder club then :D ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

First division or Premier division we'll still be the same club, founded in 1928, that has always paid its players on time every week throughout history. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

That pitch in the Iveagh Gardens is huge. Dundalk could have a field day if the pitch is in decent nick.

PhilipsR wrote: »
    That pitch in the Iveagh Gardens is huge. Dundalk could have a field day if the pitch is in decent nick.

Is the Bangor Celtic vs Longford match there on Friday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Christ you're awful bitter. You're about to win the league comfortably. You'd think you could take the odd loss, particularly when it's fully deserved.

We might well go down. I've already said on here that we fully deserve to. We'll be back though, and as said above, we'll be back as the same club.

Christ you're awful bitter. You're about to win the league comfortably........

And deserved league winners

But it's not enough apparently for some

See posts 5996, 6000, 6001 and 6006,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Oat23 wrote: »
    First division or Premier division we'll still be the same club, founded in 1928, that has always paid its players on time every week throughout history. :)

Burn!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Is the Bangor Celtic vs Longford match there on Friday?

Looks like it.

https://m.facebook.com/Bangor-Celtic-FC-628442417179281/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

How many clubs play there? Crumiln, Bangor... don't Boscos play there too?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Thats Keegan covering for his own tactical errors. We sat off completely and we were beaten as a result. There were handball shouts for both teams neither looked pens to me, some are adamant that our shout was blatant,will see highlights to confirm later. He could have sent off Webster for the handball but may have been harsh. It was weirdly one of the better games ive seen Buttimer have, let the game flow, wasn't handing out cards like confetti and was consistent throughout.

His interview on Soccer Republic was very odd.

Would the triple punishment thing come into effect re: yellow card instead of red card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

All the Group games are in Belfast. I assume one of the teams "wins" home advantage and the other 3 teams travel there to play all of their Group games.

That's right, the host clubs are picked before the groups are drawn. Wexford Youths were a host club last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Fair play to cork afraid to help relegate Rovers as your transfer network would be royally ****ed. Topped off by beating Harps, nice one.

Still a struggle for us to stay up but a good weekend.

Christ you're awful bitter. You're about to win the league comfortably. You'd think you could take the odd loss, particularly when it's fully deserved.

We might well go down. I've already said on here that we fully deserve to. We'll be back though, and as said above, we'll be back as the same club.

Sligo's constant fouling and time wasting was a joke on Friday. As for Raf the way he crawled off the pitch when been subbed you'd swear it was his testimonial.

Enjoy the drop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Sligo's constant fouling and time wasting was a joke on Friday. As for Raf the way he crawled off the pitch when been subbed you'd swear it was his testimonial.

Enjoy the drop!

Give it up man theres not football club in the world that wouldn't time waste in that position. Sligo deserved the win, its as simple as that. Im all for sh1t talking but telling fans of other clubs to 'enjoy the drop' while the club you support sits 17 points on top of the table is nothing but being a sore winner. Enjoy the position we are in and forget about the rest.

dfx- wrote: »
    His interview on Soccer Republic was very odd.

Would the triple punishment thing come into effect re: yellow card instead of red card?

It was a red card. Full stop. Buttimer saw it and awarded a penalty.

Where Keegan was totally out of order was saying Buttimer is one of the better referees. He's not.

A few years ago Buttimer made a show of himself (on live TV) refereeing the Drogheda vs Dundalk semi final. So biased was he that day that he didn't referee Dundalk matches for the past 4 years. In retrospect it was probably the best outcome possible.

* I know he refereed the presidents cup final at the cross this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

UCD to follow in Corks footsteps and will compete in the UEFA U19 Youth League this season. Draw takes place next Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Wonder if we will put out a full strength team against Athlone on Friday night, or will JC use the opportunity to give fringe/under-age players a chance?

I'm far from being a fan of Campion, but injury permitting, I'd quite like to see him given a full game - it should be possible for him to score against Athlone, which might give him a much-needed boost of confidence.

Also, I wonder what kind of attendance we will get bearing in mind there's not another home game for a good while?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    How many clubs play there? Crumiln, Bangor... don't Boscos play there too?

Crumlin Utd says their home pitch is Pearse Park, which is all weather thanks to money they got for developing Robbie Keane.

Afaik the FAI made them switch to the Iveagh grounds. I assume it's within their catchment area but probably more Bangor Celtics.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Wonder if we will put out a full strength team against Athlone on Friday night, or will JC use the opportunity to give fringe/under-age players a chance?

I'm far from being a fan of Campion, but injury permitting, I'd quite like to see him given a full game - it should be possible for him to score against Athlone, which might give him a much-needed boost of confidence.

Also, I wonder what kind of attendance we will get bearing in mind there's not another home game for a good while?

There should be a good few changes. I'd also like to see Campion get 90mins although I think he will never be good enough to start up front regularly.
    Crowd will be around 2,847 I reckon!

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Crowd will be around 2,847 I reckon!

😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

http://www.wexfordfc.ie/latest-news/487-club-statement-supporters-co-op-to-take-ownership-of-wexford-fc

Wexford FC confirm changeover to supporter-ownership model. Glad we could make this move so soon. Our ownership situation was not clear at all following the troubles we had at the start of this year - everything had to be done as quickly as possible in time for the start of the season. This is definitely how it should be for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

http://www.wexfordfc.ie/latest-news/487-club-statement-supporters-co-op-to-take-ownership-of-wexford-fc

Wexford FC confirm changeover to supporter-ownership model. Glad we could make this move so soon. Our ownership situation was not clear at all following the troubles we had at the start of this year - everything had to be done as quickly as possible in time for the start of the season. This is definitely how it should be for us.

Ownership has always been an issue with some sectors of Wexford football. This will go a long way to break down a few barriers

Shels beat St. Pats 1-0 in the LSC Semi tonight - decent game of ball which we dominated for the majority.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

That's some result, I read Byrne and Fagan came on as subs so not exactly reserve Pats side.

What's the other semifinal...or has it been played..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

dfx- wrote: »
    That's some result, I read Byrne and Fagan came on as subs so not exactly reserve Pats side.

What's the other semifinal...or has it been played..

UCD Vs Dundalk scheduled for September 19th. Its very drawn out this year it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

UCD to follow in Corks footsteps and will compete in the UEFA U19 Youth League this season. Draw takes place next Tuesday.
    UCD could do very well in that competition.

Not a bad draw & I think UCD are a better team than Cork were last season. Some very good players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Did anyone hear more about Owen Garvan injury?
    He put in a decent enough shift v Finn Harps.
    Was very impressed with his choice of boots. Adidas World Cup- black ones. You can't beat the classics!

That clown McKell is ref in Oriel tonight. Pats might be worth a small bet. He has a history of giving the away sides penaltys in Oriel, and not just this season.

( I suppose the upside is we are unlikely to get him again next week in the cup)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

That clown McKell is ref in Oriel tonight. Pats might be worth a small bet. He has a history of giving the away sides penaltys in Oriel, and not just this season.

( I suppose the upside is we are unlikely to get him again next week in the cup)

We're also missing both Benson and O'Donnell again. We looked a little lost in midfield against Crumlin so could be worse against Pats. I have a feeling Cork will wrap it up tonight. It'll be exciting for the Rovers fans anyway getting to see another title victory in Tallaght :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

doncarlos wrote: »
    We're also missing both Benson and O'Donnell again. We looked a little lost in midfield against Crumlin so could be worse against Pats. I have a feeling Cork will wrap it up tonight. It'll be exciting for the Rovers fans anyway getting to see another title victory in Tallaght :pac:

From the team lined out at training last night, Clifford is gonna start. Be interesting to see how he gets on, was poor at start year then has been injured since basically

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement