Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

justshane wrote: »
    Any hero able to mail me a stream for the Dundalk Rovers match?

Eir sport 2 has it. If you cant get that then just your average streaming site should have it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Yeah I live abroad unfortunately. I tried my trusted mobdro but for some reason it only has eir sports 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

justshane wrote: »
    Yeah I live abroad unfortunately. I tried my trusted mobdro but for some reason it only has eir sports 1.

Try circfree.tv thats my go to site normally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

kksaints wrote: »
    Yeah its a good setup ye have and I understand the idea behind the new ownership scheme and I hope its a success but that ground location is a big disadvantage.

There are rumours that there is a car load of howyas from Tallaght still lost on the back road trying to find the ground from when we played Rovers last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Rovers never in it, super second goal from Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Good match. Rovers definitely much improved on early season form, but so are Dundalk.

Biggest question posed by SK was why weren't Dundalk supplied with more tickets? Stadium could easily take another 1,000 but they were denied to Dundalk by Rovers. I know Rovers got the home draw but why confine Dundalk to two sections of the West Stand? Were Rovers afraid of being outnumbered at home?
    Silly.

Congratulations to Waterford.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Good to see another Munster team in the top flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Not my cup of tea, but this young chap is absolutely fantastic. Just has one pocket camera but beats the hell out of RTE's attempts to portray the LOI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

joeysoap wrote: »
    Good match. Rovers definitely much improved on early season form, but so are Dundalk.

Biggest question posed by SK was why weren't Dundalk supplied with more tickets? Stadium could easily take another 1,000 but they were denied to Dundalk by Rovers. I know Rovers got the home draw but why confine Dundalk to two sections of the West Stand? Were Rovers afraid of being outnumbered at home?
    Silly.

Cup final is an FAI ran gig so dont think Rovers even with being the "home" team had no say whatsoever in how many tickets Dundalk got and Dundalk could have asked for a 50:50 split of whatever tickets were left over after the FAI, media and whoever else was sorted first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

What an unbelievable win in Ballybofey. Five players out through injury & suspension then we lose Schlingermann and Tobi in the warm up. Fantastic goal to win it from McCabe on 90 minutes.

Cup final is an FAI ran gig so dont think Rovers even with being the "home" team had no say whatsoever in how many tickets Dundalk got and Dundalk could have asked for a 50:50 split of whatever tickets were left over after the FAI, media and whoever else was sorted first.

Does that apply to the EA Cup? When the EA Cup final was in Oriel in 2014 Rovers were the away side.

Dundalk did request (and were refused) more tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Oat23 wrote: »
    What an unbelievable win in Ballybofey. Five players out through injury & suspension then we lose Schlingermann and Tobi in the warm up. Fantastic goal to win it from McCabe on 90 minutes.

Tobi and schlingerman were out from before then, the latter for the rest of the season. Unreal win but we did our best to throw it away. Rhys McCabe ðŸ˜

qwabercd wrote: »
    Tobi and schlingerman were out from before then, the latter for the rest of the season. Unreal win but we did our best to throw it away. Rhys McCabe ðŸ˜

For some reason I thought they went out in the warm up but I'm thinking of something else. Mentally exhausted.

McCabe will likely be back in the UK or in Cork come January even if we stay up. Very good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Unfortunately not in the country for the match but that's probably us relegated now. Given our next 3 games are against the top 4 its hard to see where the points necessary to survive will come from

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Dundalk were dealing with Rovers, not the FAI, about tickets. The FAI didn't give a damn once they had all the plush seats set aside for themselves.

Rovers didn't want to outnumbered in their own stadium, too be fair a lot of clubs would have done the same. Yes, it is small time thinking but that happens in a lot of clubs. I'm don't expect Dundalk to be generous to Rovers fans in the FAI cup semi final.

The real problme is not having enough grounds, and support (in the case of some clubs) to be able to have these finals in neutral grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Wow, Paddy McCourt's goal was just uploaded to Facebook by Soccer Republic. He really is the LOI's version of Messi. Must have taken on 4/5 Sligo players.

PhilipsR wrote: »
    Wow, Paddy McCourt's goal was just uploaded to Facebook by Soccer Republic. He really is the LOI's version of Messi. Must have taken on 4/5 Sligo players.

Was always coming. We sat back and invited them onto us in the last 30 minutes. McCourt must have had 2 or 3 attempts before finally getting through everyone. Stupid from us allowing him time on the ball.

Here's the winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Dundalk were dealing with Rovers, not the FAI, about tickets. The FAI didn't give a damn once they had all the plush seats set aside for themselves.

Rovers didn't want to outnumbered in their own stadium, too be fair a lot of clubs would have done the same. Yes, it is small time thinking but that happens in a lot of clubs. I'm don't expect Dundalk to be generous to Rovers fans in the FAI cup semi final.

The real problme is not having enough grounds, and support (in the case of some clubs) to be able to have these finals in neutral grounds.

Dundalk were dealing with Rovers because Rovers printed the tickets. The match was run by the FAI and the FAI determined who got what tickets for where.

Dundalk were dealing with Rovers because Rovers printed the tickets. The match was run by the FAI and the FAI determined who got what tickets for where.

The FAI made a hames of it so. 2,000 empty seats and Dundalk refused more tickets.

This young lad has a video of the match taken from the main stand, looking over at the (tv)Rovers side of the ground you can clearly see that a large section of the stand wasn't used. And we know from tv pictures there was plenty of spare seats in the main stand. (his ticket says East Stand and he appears to be in the West Stand) great little video.

great to see young enthusiasts following the league. Even if he supports Rovers :)

https://youtu.be/G2t5aDfttq0

• Advertisement

Maybe not the correct forum but Megan Campbell has a better throw in than any LOI player. Exorcets. And a useful kick to boot :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Mr_A

PhilipsR wrote: »

I think you'll find Messi is La Liga's version of McCourt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

joeysoap wrote: »
    Maybe not the correct forum but Megan Campbell has a better throw in than any LOI player. Exorcets. And a useful kick to boot :).

Mark Ludden GUFC

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Jay Lyons (Athlone) suspended for betting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

pjohnson wrote: »
    Jay Lyons (Athlone) suspended for betting.

Any specific games mentioned?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Any specific games mentioned?

None that he actually played in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    None that he actually played in

Heard it was a Collingwood cup game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Mark Ludden GUFC

I think Megan beats all records.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl0y8Wcme1k

I think Megan beats all records.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl0y8Wcme1k

I agree

The two against Northern Ireland were unbelievable and then to get one back and volley that goal. Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Heard it was a Collingwood cup game.

Actually The Sun updated report said 3 games he did play in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Not my cup of tea, but this young chap is absolutely fantastic. Just has one pocket camera but beats the hell out of RTE's attempts to portray the LOI.

This is amazing! Even the production quality is respectable.

If I were the league I'd dump rte at the next opportunity, put 3 decent cameras in each ground and stream every game live for free on whatever major platform would take it. Id sell advising on that to pay four someone to prepare 5-10 minute highlights within 12 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

put 3 decent cameras in each ground and stream every game live for free on whatever major platform would take it. Id sell advising on that to pay four someone to prepare 5-10 minute highlights within 12 hours.

This is so much more work than you realise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Actually The Sun updated report said 3 games he did play in!

Heard that since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

This is so much more work than you realise.

Its worth considering that RTÉ offered the FAI several million euro more to not cover the LOI via Soccer Republic, and only do internationals. If that money was allocated to this, it's a viable option. Not sure whether it's best option. I think clubs should do it themselves personally, and Premier clubs given the freedom to do so too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

What was Williams thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Daphne Polite Bedding

What was Williams thinking

Its going to happen isn't it - were gonna slip up and Dundalk slides in at the last moment

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Joke of a start.

Also RTE, the first goal blunder was on Williams not Bolger ffs

2-1.... back in it !

• Advertisement

Athlone getting hammered......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

What's going on with Bray? Dream of Europe is still on.

Sadlier playing very well

I'll be shocked if there isn't a red in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got to say, I'm very grateful to Derry for letting Rovers back into the European spots. Really thought it was gone not too long ago.

If scores stay as they are, can Cork even win the league on Monday now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Jesus, what is the obsession with 2+ touches from City? No-one is willing to pass or shoot first time. They're trying it when surrounded by bodies.

And now Campion is on.

Take him off.

• Advertisement

Caulfield out....Maguire and O Connor carried city this season...WTf taking bolger off, Buckley shouldn't be allowed on to the pitch ...He knew Maguire was gone about 6 months before hand and didn't buy a striker

God, the last picture of Jimmy really shows you how much he aged recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Well at least we are making the Cork lads sweat a bit. Genuinely thought at one stage they were looking at a twenty point gap.

Will be 8 points after Monday with 4 left......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Will be 8 points after Monday with 4 left......

It's over. Even if they don't beat Dundalk on Monday they'll still pick up four points elsewhere. I'm just enjoying the panic a little.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement