Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Daphne Polite Bedding

The fella who had to go off injured shortly after?

Went off a while after as far as the report I saw - Massey I believe it was...Meh Dundalk aren't any saints unlike what Brian Kerr wishes everyone to believe- when their defender was challenged by Morrissey, rolled a bit and once Morrisey got booked , rolling stopped and up he magically came

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Jesus what an awful load of whataboutery on this thread after the Cork v Dundalk game.Not much better really than the brown from that damned LOI news and banter facebook page

On the flares issue = fine for every flare let off regardless of what side lets them off.
    "they're grand in the right hands" :pac:(what did you train as? Flare handling sir)

Caulfields whingeing > x 1000 than Kennys.

As for the Cork supporting guy that said best game of football ever? :mad :red for you:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

As for the Cork supporting guy that said best game of football ever? :mad :red for you:rolleyes:

Who said that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Caufield does it agreed, but Kenny is no saint from when ive seen him down the Cross, and the Dundalk players were rolling around and constantly whinging to the ref, in particular Hoare .....

The fella who challenged beattie in the first half (sorry name slipped me) and then went down theatrically to avoid being booked in the first half should've been booked when finally he stopped roling

Massey who went off injured shortly after the challenge on beattie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

CHealy wrote: »
    Who said that?

Some fella

Some fella

He's always at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Do you mean the plastic bottle that landed nowhere near Rogers? No need to be dramatic, it was bad enough without exaggerating things.

The idiot who threw it deserves to be banned for life.

I love seeing flares at matches to be honest, they add to the atmosphere and excitement, but again, anyone who throws one onto a pitch deserves to be banned for life.

I know there are probably H&S reasons for not having flares in grounds, but how serious is the threat to anyone's H&S really (while I accept 100% that they should not be thrown)?

Dunno why you feel the need to lie, it's not like there isn't video evidence that he got hit with the bottle. Game is still on RTE player

Also you're right they are not a serious threat to anyone's H&S really......

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-24931711
    https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/corinthians-fans-barred-after-flare-death

The FAI or clubs will never say its ok for flares to be used but what gets me then is that they are very quick to use videos or pics of them in whatever promo they have going on, it happens every year. Thought it was great last night, felt like there was some sort of pyro going off every 2 minutes, best athmosphere in a long time.

The problem is that the flares are always in the hands of simpletons. I know that's the case in Dundalk so I'd imagine it's the same at other clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

doncarlos wrote: »
    The problem is that the flares are always in the hands of simpletons. I know that's the case in Dundalk so I'd imagine it's the same at other clubs.

Same with the Limerick crowd, the lads with the flares are morons, just about a 2 figure IQ amongst them

• Advertisement

Same with the Limerick crowd, the lads with the flares are morons, just about a 2 figure IQ amongst them

Especially the fella who thought it was a good idea to set one off under a crowd cover the last time ye were at the Cross, one of the only times Iv been genuinely worried for someones safety at TC, think someone with a bit of sense took it off him and threw it down the front. That could have been messy especially with families there.

Look Id be a liar if I said I didnt enjoy a few flares in the right circumstances, last Monday at the Cross was brilliant with all the pyro, but it does pose a substantial risk and it must be a nightmare for clubs to have to deal with. I dont think there will ever be a time where it will never be used, its too ingrained into football culture and thats pretty much worldwide.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Love the flares. They really do add to the atmosphere. As long as they are used in a safe way, there should be no real issue. But they are banned and probably a few fines on the way, but such is life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Dunno why you feel the need to lie, it's not like there isn't video evidence that he got hit with the bottle. Game is still on RTE player

Also you're right they are not a serious threat to anyone's H&S really......

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-24931711
    https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/corinthians-fans-barred-after-flare-death

Jesus, relax! No need for the personal insult. I still have the game recorded on the Sky box and will check it again tonight to see if I'm a liar or not :D

I saw the plastic bottle hit the floor about 10 feet or more away from Rogers (thrown from the Shed End, just two blocks away from where I was standing).

Unless there was another bottle thrown from the St Anne's end, in the second half? Even if that's the case, I'm sure I would have remembered the fuss that would have been made at the time if he had been hit with a bottle, bearing in mind that Dundalk players had the tendency to fall as if they'd been shot every time a City player looked in their direction ;)

As for flares, I have read of incidents where flares have caused serious injury or even death, so I acknowledge there are some issues with them. But there are thousands and thousands of flares at games each season throughout the world, and the vast majority do not cause any injury. I think they add so much to the atmosphere of a game, provided they are used properly (which I accept may not always be the case).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

UCD beat Molde 2-1 in the first leg of the UEFA Youth League. Away leg to come on October 18th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Seemingly Wexford's 17yr old keeper wasn't registered to play for the senior team last Friday. Shels awarded the points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Seemingly Wexford's 17yr old keeper wasn't registered to play for the senior team last Friday. Shels awarded the points

Sickening to see the fine attached too. Their actions over the last week or so have truly sickened me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Thats crazy, they gave a weeks notice and hes u18, i didn't even know they needed registration when theyre u18, typical fai to have rules like that in place

17yr old keeper's debut tarnished and a 17yr old goalscorer having his 1st senior goal taken from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

17yr old keeper's debut tarnished and a 17yr old goalscorer having his 1st senior goal taken from him.
    The club have admitted themselves in their statement that they'd been notified in advance. Hard to blame anyone other than those who didn't ensure correct procedure was followed. Real tinpot stuff.

CSF wrote: »
    The club have admitted themselves in their statement that they'd been notified in advance. Hard to blame anyone other than those who didn't ensure correct procedure was followed. Real tinpot stuff.

Not denying that, but why isn't a player, registered to the club and who plays for the U17 LOI side not be eligible? The FAI have fined a club for promoting youth in the time of a last minute illness.

Not denying that, but why isn't a player, registered to the club and who plays for the U17 LOI side not be eligible? The FAI have fined a club for promoting youth in the time of a last minute illness.
    The FAI have fined a club for not following the rules. There was nothing preventing Wexford from making the player eligible to my knowledge, they just didn't do it in time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

The FAI have fined a club for not following the rules. There was nothing preventing Wexford from making the player eligible to my knowledge, they just didn't do it in time.

I accept it is the rule. But it is typical FAI rubbish that a week is not enough time to register an U17 for a senior game, with the penalty of a substantial fine.

I accept it is the rule. But it is typical FAI rubbish that a week is not enough time to register an U17 for a senior game, with the penalty of a substantial fine.
    The statement doesn't say a week in advance. It's fairly vague and says 'last week in advance of the game'. I actually don't know the exact deadlines to register a player but my assumption is (it would be great if the exact facts were clarified so we weren't working on assumptions) that if they'd put in a registration a week before the game we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Comes across a lot like a case of a 'we made a complete balls of something we should have already taken precautions for this situation, and we're going to try hoover up as much small club being trampled on by the FAI sympathy as possible'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Your club played a player they knew was ineligible and you're on here lecturing others? :rolleyes:

People wasting their time travelling to matches.

I'd agree with this, any player registered with a club's U17 and U19 team should automatically be registered with the senior side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

I'd agree with this, any player registered with a club's U17 and U19 team should automatically be registered with the senior side.

I think thats how it is most places, just the FAI being difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I thought that was the whole idea of these underage leagues? So that players registered with teams could 'step' up as the player progressed.

I understand under 17 players regularly play for their under 19 sides. What's different about playing for the senior team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

These players are classed as youths or schoolboys in the FAI’s eyes. For them to play senior AKA adult football against grown men a separate registration form is required which the parents sign also. This rule covers LOI - Intermediate and Junior leagues throughout the country

joeysoap wrote: »
    I thought that was the whole idea of these underage leagues? So that players registered with teams could 'step' up as the player progressed.

I understand under 17 players regularly play for their under 19 sides. What's different about playing for the senior team?
    Nothing different but you need to be registered for each level. 15s need to sign a 17s form, 17s sign a 19s form etc. the league register may not be the same for each section so if a player ,for example Joesph Soap, is registered with the 15s then the 17s league register will not have him on his master list of legal players. Imagine the amount of work every week to cross check players from cards. Much easyier to tell clubs register the players with each league. Just cuz you are signed to a club your not registered to play with any team that you wish

Edit, perhaps the 15,s etc don’t need to sign with the 17s but 15’s/17’s/19’s plating senior/junior need to sign an adult form this are the rules around the country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Imagine the amount of work every week to cross check players from cards. Much easyier to tell clubs register the players with each league. Just cuz you are signed to a club your not registered to play with any team that you wish

Ctrl + F would do it pretty fast no matter how many names on the list....

Still in terms of registering, how much work is there in it? Especially this time of year when upgrading someone within a club will be the height of it so no backlog. How the hell do they survive the off season if (ill assume a day minimum) was given just to upgrade a player within a club.

overshoot wrote: »
    Ctrl + F would do it pretty fast no matter how many names on the list....

Still in terms of registering, how much work is there in it? Especially this time of year when upgrading someone within a club will be the height of it so no backlog. How the hell do they survive the off season if (ill assume a day minimum) was given just to upgrade a player within a club.

Your assuming a few things here. That the league registers are in contact with each other, that they are open to creating work for them selfs as going on all my past experiences they try to reduce Work not create it. Most registers give a P.O. box address for forms and won’t accept digital so CTRL F is out. These PO Boxs are only checked for mail twice a week so that’s where the delay in adding players to the form may lie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

It would be typical FAI jokeshop of they dont communicate, how hard would it be to create a spreadsheet and forward it to the more senior league's admins to have on record?
    From the rest, clearly living in the stone age if they cant do things digitally today 1) ridiculous that they cant check their mail in the morning and 2) given the statement said wexford were notified the player wasnt eligable, it goes back to how long does the process actually take? clearly they got the application

overshoot wrote: »
    It would be typical FAI jokeshop of they dont communicate, how hard would it be to create a spreadsheet and forward it to the more senior league's admins to have on record?
    From the rest, clearly living in the stone age if they cant do things digitally today 1) ridiculous that they cant check their mail in the morning and 2) given the statement said wexford were notified the player wasnt eligable, it goes back to how long does the process actually take? clearly they got the application

Again your assuming things there. I.e that the leagues want faster admin of things like registrations and player re-grades etc.if they did, emails and scanned forms would be accepted. Also you mention “senior league admins” this isn’t the case as it’s totally up to the league register. No one else will want the added work. Your not registered until he’s gone to the po box, collected the forms, ensured it’s all correct, then updated the master register for that club and sent the club a copy. Normally a week long process.
    This is the form he checks each match card/team sheet against, for that grade at that club. If your names on the match card but not his master list you are thus In eligible ala what I believe has happened to Wexford. They will not go chasing other lists or other Registars etc as it’s your responsibility to ensure players are registered correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

At the end of the day the player wasn't registered correctly in the eyes of the FAI. It is the club's responsibility to know the rules. We can blame the FAI for plenty of things with regard to how the league is badly run but it is not John Derlaney et al's job to go around the place wiping Wexford's arse for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Daphne Polite Bedding

Rumblings of Bolger leaving to Waterford next season and heard a few of the first teamers could be leaving city ...City will have to do a lot of restructuring next season....

Rumblings of Bolger leaving to Waterford next season and heard a few of the first teamers could be leaving city ...City will have to do a lot of restructuring next season....

Any LOI player who’s deal runs out this winter will bat his lashes at any club interested. It’s the name of the game to get them selfs a better deal st their current clubs. Some players of course will move but a lot will stay put after been told how much they are loved and perhaps a bump in pay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Caulfield will have to raid the Showgrounds again after we get relegated!

All League winning players will look for a hefty pay increase or threaten to leave, that's certain. But they need to be reminded that their dependence on Seanie Maguire was very obvious once he left and they're not as brilliant as they may think.

red sean wrote: »
    All League winning players will look for a hefty pay increase or threaten to leave, that's certain. But they need to be reminded that their dependence on Seanie Maguire was very obvious once he left and they're not as brilliant as they may think.

Its all posturing anyway, same crap every year, some will move, majority will stay and there will be loads of panics in between all that for every club in the league, its coming into silly season and players want the best deal for themselves.

For City, I expect Bolger to go, Ryan Delaney will go back to the UK (even though he's not good enough) and Bennett will retire so we will already have a job on our hands to get the defense up to scratch, but other than that it will be much the same. Beattie isnt going anywhere if his father is to be believed and Sheppard has apparently just started a night time degree in UCC. Dooley might get notions of UK football once again but he hasnt exactly been consistent this year, would struggle to find a L1 club I would think.

One route that might be of a problem to all LOI clubs is the NASL in the States, apparently alot of guys in that league keep a very close eye on the LOI and the package they can offer is so much more than over here.

red sean wrote: »
    Caulfield will have to raid the Showgrounds again after we get relegated!

True that after Seani left a mixture of complacency and constant juggling around of players left us looking very average, there’s not a team in Ireland wouldn’t miss Seani who’s been one of the best to ever wear the City Jersey, his start in the championship shows what a class guy he is ,but after watching City leave it all on the pitch V Dalk I’m not overly worried for next season... sign a body or two and replace any departures from what we have and get a good pre season under our belts and we’ll be fine,some strength and conditioning training with Sadlier and we’ll have a serious player on our hands too.

Barrett on loan from Dundalk to Waterford because Dundalk knocked loans to City, Hoops etc on the head. He's free next season and I understand he doesn't want to sign for Waterford. Expect City or Hoops to step in, my guess City.

• Advertisement

Barrett on loan from Dundalk to Waterford because Dundalk knocked loans to City, Hoops etc on the head. He's free next season and I understand he doesn't want to sign for Waterford. Expect City or Hoops to step in, my guess City.

Please dont be saying things like that, didnt ye already spoil the party enough on Monday.

Think John C made enquires about him previously wouldn't be the worse signing also the Dutch lad with Pats looks to have something about him.

Please dont be saying things like that, didnt ye already spoil the party enough on Monday.

:)

He's actually a very handy player. Had a great European campaign last year.

:)

He's actually a very handy player. Had a great European campaign last year.

He's no Darren Dennehy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Drogheda's relegation was confirmed last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

kksaints wrote: »
    Drogheda's relegation was confirmed last night.

FH and 1 of Sligo and Galway to join them.
    Although if Patrick's get nothing from their next two games V Limerick and Galway...Big trouble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I was very impressed with the Limerick midfielder, Hery, last night. Tidy footballer.
    Has been this good all season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I was very impressed with the Limerick midfielder, Hery, last night. Tidy footballer.
    Has been this good all season?

Was very hit and miss at the start of the season, you could see there was a quality player in there but the lack of football (Hadn't played since August 2016) meant he was badly lacking fitness and match sharpness.

But he's been on a different level altogether the last month, Limerick need to get him signed up asap for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Was very hit and miss at the start of the season, you could see there was a quality player in there but the lack of football (Hadn't played since August 2016) meant he was badly lacking fitness and match sharpness.

But he's been on a different level altogether the last month, Limerick need to get him signed up asap for next season.

Would love to see him at Dundalk in that form. Seemed to make loads of room for himself, is confident on the ball and completes every pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

40 or 50 Rovers fans passed my house about twenty minutes ago shouting "We fcuking hate Dundalk scum". How rude! Given that they look pretty drunk already and that they are heading down to Park Street for more booze I'm guessing there may be a few fisticuffs later on. Prepare for battle comrades!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Pighead wrote: »
    40 or 50 Rovers fans passed my house about twenty minutes ago shouting "We fcuking hate Dundalk scum". How rude! Given that they look pretty drunk already and that they are heading down to Park Street for more booze I'm guessing there may be a few fisticuffs later on. Prepare for battle comrades!

Are you trying to start trouble pighead!haha

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement