Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,267 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Pighead wrote: »
    ...... fans passed my house about twenty minutes ago shouting "We fcuking hate Dundalk scum"!

.....common enough opinion in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Good first half, Dundalk started great and a tidy goal, Rovers got into near ht but Dundalk looked comfortable. All to play for in the second half.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Draw fair result!

As for there fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

Good to hear from the lads from the Dundalk total abstentence association.Was in Kennedys before the game and the Dundalk fans were all sipping their peppermint Cordials.The Killinarden Inn will be offering two for one deals for Dundalk fans before/after the game next Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

damemcd wrote: »
    Good to hear from the lads from the Dundalk total abstentence association.Was in Kennedys before the game and the Dundalk fans were all sipping their peppermint Cordials.The Killinarden Inn will be offering two for one deals for Dundalk fans before/after the game next Tuesday.
    Difference being the Dundalk fans will thank the Killinarden Inn for their splendid hospitality and excellent promotion rather than wrecking the pub and acting like scumbags.

..........as we did when we left Kennedys yesterday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

damemcd wrote: »
    ..........as we did when we left Kennedys yesterday.

Same can't be said of The Fane bar in town or the train station!

Gardai should just ban your fans from attending next time your due to visit here

Glass houses and stones.............Im not in the business of defending the lunatic fringe, but Ive been around long enough to see Dundalks finest bring disgrace on your club in Dalymount and many other venues.At the risk of boring the bejaysus out of others well leave it at that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Thought yesterdays game was very similar to the City v Limerick game on Friday night, both home teams in complete control up until an early goal and then fell back onto the backfoot, only difference being Shamrock Rovers had a bit of quality to equalize whereas Limerick just couldnt get through. I reckon last Monday night took alot out of both City and Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I'm inclined to agree with CH. I thought Dundalk were 'leggy' in the second half. It took Rovers the best part of 30 mins in the first half to get to grips with the wind, Dundalk took even longer in the second half. far too many balls down the left wing that went out over the side/end line. Thought that yesterday was the first time that we missed having Kilduff as an option.

Next up is Shelbourne in the Leinster senior cup on Wednesday. I would expect Sava, Grimes, Clifford, Stewart, Ubaezuino and McGrath to start and maybe the same again on Friday against Harps. With injuries to Massey, Shields, Mountney and Kinsella, and with Poynton, O'Connor and Barrett out on loan, and Kilduffs departure and Dalton signed by Bohs, Dundalk don't have many 1st team players to call on.

I have a programme in front of me now, 26 first team players, including 3 goalkeepers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

really does say it about our league that you can go almost 2 months during the regular season without a home game.
    Horgan was blasting the decision to move our game v Dundalk too. One weeks notice to the club where some of the players have to organise time of work. Even look at whats on after the game and they still moved it... 19:20 Wild Yellowstone; 20:20 Inside the Mega twister; 21:15 The Amazing Spiderman

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I know he probably won't play tonight but if he does, I'll be delighted for Seani Maguire. I've been following his career since he first took off at Waterford and for a few various reasons. First off as a Kilkenny man, I always love seeing Kilkenny players do well. If he plays it'll be the first time a Kilkenny man has been capped since 1939. Secondly as a league of Ireland fan,it's amazing the number of players plying their trade at a good level in the UK that started here and I still look out to see if Towell, Forrester, McClean etc are doing as well as well as Paul Cook. Finally, as a West Ham fan, I remember watching that FA cup defeat against forest when he was on the bench and never came on. I've met him a couple of times through work, he's eaten a couple of times where I used to work.

On that there's a post I remember and had to dig to find it,
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81987940&postcount=5204
    blue-army wrote: »
    Waterford United's top scorer from last season, 18 year old Sean Maguire is expected to join West Ham.
    Great move for the lad. One of the best players I've seen play at the RSC in my 10 years watching LOI. Have no doubt whatsoever that he'll be successful in the UK. Expect to see him in an Ireland shirt within 3-4 years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...=feeds-newsxml

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Shouldn't have clicked that link to 5 years ago. We're discussing our upcoming title defense on it and now I'm depressed. :(

What a fall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Dundalk's major pre season signing Conor Clifford has spent the season on the bench and has now been banned from all football for six months for "betting offences".

Showed promise with Chelsea youths and looked ok for Ireland U21s. This could be the end for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Id say Clifford might have to drop down to the LSL for a while. Not many dublin clubs would be interested in him I would think.

The offence took place when he played in the U.K. It should be pointed out.

Was suspended for the FH match already.

Dundalk might regret having 3 players out on loan.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,267 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Great to see Seanie getting on !

• Advertisement

Dundalk's major pre season signing Conor Clifford has spent the season on the bench and has now been banned from all football for six months for "betting offences".

Showed promise with Chelsea youths and looked ok for Ireland U21s. This could be the end for him.

Dundalk statement

http://www.dundalkfc.com/statement-conor-clifford/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Great to see Seanie getting on !

Good point made by Sadlier (I think it was) about how many knock backs Maguire has had in his career and still kept going and has made it to being an international footballer.

Dundalk line up is strange.

justshane wrote: »
    Dundalk line up is strange.

Not really
    joeysoap wrote: »

Next up is Shelbourne in the Leinster senior cup on Wednesday. I would expect Sava, Grimes, Clifford, Stewart, Ubaezuino and McGrath to start and maybe the same again on Friday against Harps. With injuries to Massey, Shields, Mountney and Kinsella, and with Poynton, O'Connor and Barrett out on loan, and Kilduffs departure and Dalton signed by Bohs, Dundalk don't have many 1st team players to call on.

6/6 against Shels, 4/6 tonight ( would have been 5/6 if Clifford wasn't suspended)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Big missed penalty for Galway - was it Murray?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Well that was annoying. Huge game in Galway on Friday night now.

• Advertisement

Should've beaten Bohs by at least 3 or 4 but if we could score we wouldn't be where we are I suppose. We were truly awful in front of goal tonight and we missed at least 3 1v1s from what I recall.

In unsurprising news, John Caulfield is raiding us again. Rhys McCabe is his main target as I predicted he would be ages ago.

FYI: Soccer Republic is on tonight (Sunday) at 11pm and not Monday because of the international game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Doubt McCabe will stay in Ireland. He'll pick up a deal in England/Scotland in January.

Caulfield may not be in charge next season, by the sounds of things there'll be a rebuilding job to be done. Not sure he's the man to do that job. Hoping he ****s off anyway, signing decent players from us for years now only to waste them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

my god that pitch at Finn Harps...should have played it in the car park instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Oat23 wrote: »
    Should've beaten Bohs by at least 3 or 4 but if we could score we wouldn't be where we are I suppose. We were truly awful in front of goal tonight and we missed at least 3 1v1s from what I recall.

In unsurprising news, John Caulfield is raiding us again. Rhys McCabe is his main target as I predicted he would be ages ago.

FYI: Soccer Republic is on tonight (Sunday) at 11pm and not Monday because of the international game.

At least 2 or 3 BIG chances. Really thought we were going to let them back in as well. One nil against 10 men for 70 minutes was not really that convincing. But as this stage of our season, a win is a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Doubt McCabe will stay in Ireland. He'll pick up a deal in England/Scotland in January.

Caulfield may not be in charge next season, by the sounds of things there'll be a rebuilding job to be done. Not sure he's the man to do that job. Hoping he ****s off anyway, signing decent players from us for years now only to waste them.

Who has he wasted? Sligo players we've signed have been hit and miss. I can't think of anyone who he's 'wasted'. Caulfield will be in charge next season, and to be honest rebuilding is what he's been doing since he came in anyway. It's the League of Ireland, for 90% of teams there's always plenty of change in mid season.

• Advertisement

Decent at Sligo does not necessarily mean decent elsewhere.
    Care to list the Decent players he has wasted for years?

I really wish the FAI would take the extra money RTE offer to not cover the league and use that to produce a new highlight show. RTE have been half-arsing it for far too long.

Of course the FAI half-arse everything when it comes to the league so that will never happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Watching Soccer Republic and Peter Collins nonchalantly just said we can't show you the Bray Wanderers vs Galway highlights as Bray wouldn't allow our cameras into the Carlisle Grounds. Eh what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I'd love a proper highlights show and not just 2-3 minutes of each match, but realistically if RTE didn't do it, it would be some pay to view channel like Eir. Which would mean I'd never get to watch it.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Watching Soccer Republic and Peter Collins nonchalantly just said we can't show you the Bray Wanderers vs Galway highlights as Bray wouldn't allow our cameras into the Carlisle Grounds. Eh what?

No cameras allowed in North Korea :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Omackeral wrote: »

Surely that has to be against either the participation agreement or the tv deal with the league. Either way I hope Bray are severely punished. They have gone above and beyond making a joke out of the league this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

What's the betting they don't like RTE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

dan1895 wrote: »
    Surely that has to be against either the participation agreement or the tv deal with the league. Either way I hope Bray are severely punished. They have gone above and beyond making a joke out of the league this year.
    relegate them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Caulfield will be in charge of Cork City for at the very least the next 2 years, and if rumours are to believed it might even be a new 3 year contract. Wishful thinking on your part I say Lyle.

Caulfield has done a terrific job at CC. Why would City even contemplate a change?

FWIW I think Bradley is doing a fine job Rovers too.

And with everybody else in Dundalk thankful that SK is staying with us for 3 more years.

• Advertisement

red sean wrote: »
    What's the betting they don't like RTE?

:)

Is there's anywhere online to find out LOI team details, like kick takers, usual start XI, style of play etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is there's anywhere online to find out LOI team details, like kick takers, usual start XI, style of play etc.?

Not really but if you message fm Ireland on Twitter he might be able to help you out. He could be really busy just now though so don't get your hopes up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

This is probably the most relative place to ask this, anyone know how to keep up to date with Ireland's Junior team in the quadrangular tournament?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

This is probably the most relative place to ask this, anyone know how to keep up to date with Ireland's Junior team in the quadrangular tournament?

http://thejuniorsoccerportal.info/

This crowd might be your best bet. There's a Facebook group for Limerick junior soccer that would keep tabs on it and the lads from junior soccer portal post on it quite regularly too.

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Not really but if you message fm Ireland on Twitter he might be able to help you out. He could be really busy just now though so don't get your hopes up

Thanks, I managed to find details online for the premier, but not for the first division. Looking to find details on Waterford and Cobh is possible anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

http://thejuniorsoccerportal.info/

This crowd might be your best bet. There's a Facebook group for Limerick junior soccer that would keep tabs on it and the lads from junior soccer portal post on it quite regularly too.
    Thanks very much, good win to start with and even better with a Limerick lad on the scoresheet.

Thanks very much, good win to start with and even better with a Limerick lad on the scoresheet.

Clarkes a goal machine.

http://www.kildare-nationalist.ie/2017/10/11/mick-mccarthy-set-to-sign-cork-teenager-from-waterford/
    Mick McCarthy is set to sign another League of Ireland youngster as Aaron Drinan looks set to move to Ipswich Town, writes Stephen Barry.
    According to local reports in Ipswich and Waterford, a deal in the region of €100,000 is due to be completed for the striker, who played in Waterford’s final four games of the season, scoring once.

The 19-year-old moved to the First Division champions in July, signing from Premier Division table-toppers Cork City.

That's mad. Joins on a free in July. Goes on trial to Ipswich in August and sold for €100k in October. How did Caulfield not recognise his talent?

• Advertisement

Oat23 wrote: »
    http://www.kildare-nationalist.ie/2017/10/11/mick-mccarthy-set-to-sign-cork-teenager-from-waterford/

That's mad. Joins on a free in July. Goes on trial to Ipswich in August and sold for €100k in October. How did Caulfield not recognise his talent?

Lee Power is the owner of Waterford, Marcus Evans is the owner of Ipswich and the man in the middle who links these guys together is football agent Eamonn Collins.

Not sure if Collins is offically involved with Waterford but wouldn't surprise me if he was in the ear of Drinans camp saying join us and we'll get you move across the water.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement