Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

MD1990 wrote: »
    Rowling has looked poor in the highlights I have seen of Sligo this season. But I have not seen much of Sligo this year.

McCabe looks to have made a real impact at Sligo Cork will probably target him as well.
    Allegedly we have an option to extend his contract.

He's way too good to be playing at this level anyway, he won't be here long regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Kieran Djilali mkII. Could be easily plying his trade at championship level in England. But the dedication just isn't there.
    Djilali had more talent and a worse attitude though. Joey aside I can't think of a player we've had with more ability than Kieran, sad that he never did anything with it.

Tobi could still go either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Oat23 wrote: »
    Call it sour grapes if you want but John Caulfield's pillaging of Rovers every window causes serious damage to the club most of the time. We played half this season with no midfield presence and no striker after losing Keohane & Campion to them.
    Would giving Campion back make up for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/soccer/277849/limerick-fc-chase-barry-mcnamee-as-english-sides-eye-chiedozie-ogbene.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

- Emglish clubs interested in Ogbene. He is on a 2 year deal.
    - Limerick in discussions with Barry McNamee . Rovers & Pat's interested as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Don't see why McNamee would leave us for Limerick.

No offence limerick fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

NIMAN wrote: »
    I think there are some fears up here in Derry that we will have some of our best players poached this close season.

Likes of McNamee, Curtis and McEnuff.

Hopefully not, because they'd be big losses to us as we head back to our spiritual home for next season.

I'd take all three to Dundalk if I was Kenny plus one or two more. Nicky Low would be good competition for O'Donnell and would be a cracking signing.

McEneff is the best CM in the league. Brillant player.
    He has another year at Derry so I can't see him leaving for another LOI club & with them being back at the Brandywell.

Trevor Clarke,Curtis,Ogbene & Sule all very good young players could all move to England in the off season. Hopefully if they do clubs get some decent fee's especially with Clarke & Ogbene under contract.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Sule is signed on for next season so we should be getting something for him if he goes. Apparently Barnet were interested.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

NIMAN wrote: »
    Don't see why McNamee would leave us for Limerick.

No offence limerick fans.

To answer my own question, apparently Barry is heading to limerick to study, so maybe that's the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

doncarlos wrote: »
    I'd take all three to Dundalk if I was Kenny plus one or two more. Nicky Low would be good competition for O'Donnell and would be a cracking signing.

*I'd still take the other two :)

We need a goal scorer. Dundalk squad is very thin. Two goalkeepers on the bench vs
    Bohs.

* tongue in cheek. I think it's presumptuous of a few clubs to think they can just sign who the like from other clubs. TBH I didn't think City would still be persueing Sligo players this year, having raided that orchard a few times already. (I know, Dundalk also raided Derry a few times)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Tobis not a major loss. Could turn out to be a very good footballer if he wants to but wouldn't be at all surprised if he doesn't. Think it's an attitude problem.

Still though, looking forward to the day Caulfield ****s off. I'm sure he'll be after one or two more from us. Has he managed to sign a player from outside the league yet?

While I know it must be frustrating for Caulfield to be constantly sniffing about it is not the reason Sligo have found themselves in a bit of bother the last few years. Poor management has led to poor results and that will always lead to players moving on when given the chance, especially to a club fighting at the top at the same time. You say has he managed to sign a player from outside the league yet but what does it matter where he has signed players from, we have 4 European places in a row, 1 FAI Cup and 1 League win in the time he has been here. People may not agree with his football or his demeanor and as a City fan it can annoy me too, but he has brought success to the club and that cannot be argued.

Anyway, heard Callum-McFadden & Tobi from Sligo are done, Ronan Murray from Galway all but done, and there will be a good few more aswell. Sheppard to Dundalk is happening, Dooley looks like he's off to the States and Bolger will be gone aswell, Waterford most logical destination but Australia has been mentioned.

Let the silly season commence.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

What was Cork's first league game following Maguire's departure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Bradley not taking the realisation of another trophyless season for Rovers too well.
    Five gardaí restrain Tallaght suspect after eight-hour manhunt

A man has been arrested in a shopping centre after a near eight-hour hunt for a gunman.
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/latest-five-gardai-restrain-tallaght-suspect-after-eight-hour-manhunt-810952.html

FIFA best 11 - that dress should have been included to make it best 12 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

I get knocked down over the audio at finn park at half time.... Match already feels like a d1 game! Except for mcaleer... So whose poaching him? Should have more than one tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

overshoot wrote: »
    I get knocked down over the audio at finn park at half time.... Match already feels like a d1 game! Except for mcaleer... So whose poaching him? Should have more than one tonight.

Do Drogheda look arsed? Please tell me they don't.

Far too much talk on our forum already about who we should look to re-sign and let go. Job isn't finished yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

If anybody here plays PES, I created the LOI for PES 2018 on the PS4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

overshoot wrote: »

Himself and McNamee can bunk together at Limerick, wouldn't mind Ethan Boyle either he's a lad I like very much.

ItsHoggie wrote: »

Fair play! I seen your post about the kits in the Fifa/Pes forum and thanked it so I could find it when I pick up the game but I see you have gone further now and added the league, stadium names, players, managers etc. Great stuff!

Far too much talk on our forum already about who we should look to re-sign and let go. Job isn't finished yet.

Well sh*t. They won 3-2 on a Monday night the other side of the country. Doesn't exactly scream not arsed.

• Advertisement

Well sh*t. They won 3-2 on a Monday night the other side of the country. Doesn't exactly scream not arsed.

Supposedly would have gotten 40/1 for a Harps half time Drogheda full time result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Oh dear.

I wouldnt worry too much... very poor quality game. McAleer should have had a hatrick, Morrisey missed 2 one on ones and a rebound in one of them... and thats before i go into 'good' chances.... and we were still awful creating that much. Everything seemed so slow, really was D1.
    Himself and McNamee can bunk together at Limerick, wouldn't mind Ethan Boyle either he's a lad I like very much.
    Boyle linked with Shams. If McAleer tidies up his tackling genuinely think he could be one of the best wingers in the league. Was never going to fully flourish on our bog/tactics.

On the last post... Drogs third was so bad from our end... even by our defensive standards this year it would nearly worry you. Gallagher, Coll, Mailey & Dee have been too long at the club to be involved in something like that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Supposedly would have gotten 40/1 for a Harps half time Drogheda full time result.

50/1 HT/FT pre-game with BWIN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

So some rumours going about that the game was fixed. What do we reckon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Oh dear.

That means absolutely nothing. That photo was only put up either after the match finished or very late on when Drogheda were leading. Very easy for someone to screenshot three similar conversations of home win, away win and draw, and only put up the right one after the result is in. If there actually is a fix, I'll await the bookies and the FAI coming out with some real evidence such as irregular betting patterns or links to players. Not a screenshot by some randomer on social media.

The worst team beating the second worst team, whose relegation was just confirmed two nights ago, is hardly shock of the century, as well.

Also just to add... for it to come from an underage group chat it would have to be pretty common knowledge around the club... not exactly common to match fixing.
    If not and it was an u19 involved...well only 2 came on as subs
    Blaney, who came on at 1-1, after Dee got injured and was on the otherside of the pitch to the second.
    Banda came on at 2-1... who had a brainfart on a free about 30yards from the Drogs goal which they countered from... though he wasnt the only one to f up there.
    It was comical to say the least... but that was our defense this year. Unfortunately, I cant say the standard cock up was out of the ordinary

I would be very surprised if it was on a Finn Harps Watsapp players group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

ItsHoggie wrote: »

Nice one, fairplay

• Advertisement

Supple (2 years) & Corwall (1 year) have signed new deals at Bohs.

Been very impressed with Cornwall this season. One of the most improved players this season in the LOI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Slightly surprised that Supple has signed a two year deal. Had a feeling Kenny would be looking for him for next season.

Pighead wrote: »
    Slightly surprised that Supple has signed a two year deal. Had a feeling Kenny would be looking for him for next season.

Supple strikes me as a lad who just wants to play ball and doesn't matter who it's with as long as it's convienent for him and playing with Bohs is convenient for him being Dublin based and they allow him play GAA as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

Supple strikes me as a lad who just wants to play ball and doesn't matter who it's with as long as it's convienent for him and playing with Bohs is convenient for him being Dublin based and they allow him play GAA as well.

He's said as much before in an interview with the 42 last year. Bohs let him play GAA and other clubs won't

http://www.the42.ie/shane-supple-bohemians-ipswich-dublin-3098525-Nov2016

Delighted to keep Supple, I'm sure he had offers from elsewhere if he'd wanted to move.

Cornwall had a great season too. Good to be nailing down a few players for next season already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Supple, Cornwall added to Sule, Brennan and O'Hora signed up for next year. The guts of a good squad already. Honestly don't think we need to add much to last year to compete for Europe.

• Advertisement

BOHtox wrote: »
    Supple, Cornwall added to Sule, Brennan and O'Hora signed up for next year. The guts of a good squad already. Honestly don't think we need to add much to last year to compete for Europe.

If we can get Ward and Dinny signed on we've got the spine of a very good team there.

Izzy will most likely be staying, for better or worse, cause noone else will take him.

Can't see Pender going anywhere else at this stage too.

I would expect Keith Buckley to go back from Bray as well.

Bohs could have a very good squad if they keep the rest of their players.
    Rumours they could get Luke Byrne back too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭eire4

howiya wrote: »
    He's said as much before in an interview with the 42 last year. Bohs let him play GAA and other clubs won't

Thanks for posting that. Very interesting read.

howiya wrote: »

Yeah remember reading that last year, really good interview from Supple.

New 2 year deals for Shields & Gartland at Dundalk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Daphne Polite Bedding

Morrissey got a 2 year deal with cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Really liked both when they were at Bohs. Football's a funny old game because I wouldn't like either of them to come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Attended the SSE Airtricity League Club Awards today, really nicely run event. Felt really encouraging to get that sort of recognition from the League, fair play to John McGuinness for putting it together.

Attended the SSE Airtricity League Club Awards today, really nicely run event. Felt really encouraging to get that sort of recognition from the League, fair play to John McGuinness for putting it together.

I could feel my blood pressure rising as I dragged my eyes back across the screen to see which John you were thanking. Damn line break.

EeCBMKlUQ4CORanpT6pKPg.png

I could feel my blood pressure rising as I dragged my eyes back across the screen to see which John you were thanking. Damn line break.

EeCBMKlUQ4CORanpT6pKPg.png

Well it is Hallowe'en, good time for a scare :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Did Luke Byrne not burn too many bridges when he left?

what did Cabo and UCD do to piss of Dublin City council :)

I thought McGinn was football pitch of the year, admittedly we didn't see nearly enough of Waterford on TV to compare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

joeysoap wrote: »

I thought McGinn was football pitch of the year, admittedly we didn't see nearly enough of Waterford on TV to compare.

Aren't they in dun laoighre rathdown jurisdiction?

Really liked both when they were at Bohs. Football's a funny old game because I wouldn't like either of them to come back.

I'd have no problem with Bucko coming back.

joeysoap wrote: »

I hate to criticise what was overall a great addition to the calendar, but that Dublin City Council award was ridiculous.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement