Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

The FAI want Dalymount redeveloped without paying a penny towards it......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Zebra3 wrote: »
    The FAI want Dalymount redeveloped without paying a penny towards it......

old news haha. Dublin City Council put in the application to the Department for the entire build cost months ago. You can be certain delaney will still try to flog it as his Euro 2020 legacy.
    *Still probably see it finished before Finn Park 2 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I hate to criticise what was overall a great addition to the calendar, but that Dublin City Council award was ridiculous.

I though it was a silly one too.

For political reasons they didn't announce the North Korea award to Bray Wanderers. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Daphne Polite Bedding

McCormack signs for 2 years with City - great bit of business by caulfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Had a fantastic season! Great to have him and chops morrisey signed up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

This is a big one, having him and Morrissey signed up for 2 years in the middle of the park is very exciting, thats what we'll build a team around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Huge match in Buncrana tomorrow night. Beginning to get a bit nervous now especially if Garvan is injured and Balik is suspended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Joe Crowe, Stephen Kenny and John O'Flynn are leaving Limerick FC at the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Crowe was always leaving as his loan was up, Kenny will be off to Cobh imo and wouldn't be surprised to see O'Flynn retire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

kksaints wrote: »
    Huge match in Buncrana tomorrow night. Beginning to get a bit nervous now especially if Garvan is injured and Balik is suspended.
    Ours in Drogheda is the same. Despite how poor Drogheda have been I'm not confident at all. We never do things the easy way so it'll be tight.

Roddan and Donelan suspended, nobody would have cared at all to be missing either earlier in the season but both have been outstanding of late.

Of course if Dundalk do us a favour neither game matters anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

yea Jordi has been a rock over the last 3 months or so. Also looks like a leader on the pitch. Great mid season crisis signing.
    Peers or Feely to start beside Lee Desmond?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Crowe was always leaving as his loan was up, Kenny will be off to Cobh imo and wouldn't be surprised to see O'Flynn retire.

JOF will end up at Cobh aswell I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭DvB

To be fair the Dundalk Galway game is the key game tonight, dundalk win that it matters not a jot what happens elsewhere.

FWIW I expect Galway to not get a win tonight & both Pats & sligo to at least avoid defeat (I actually expect both to win) so both will stay up without any real drama on the night. Shame really, could have done with some last day drama :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Sounds like Galway could be in trouble
    DNIRPndX4AAC_ZS.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

What's this from?

• Advertisement

justshane wrote: »
    What's this from?

A club email to supporters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cms88

MD1990 wrote: »
    Sounds like Galway could be in trouble
    DNIRPndX4AAC_ZS.jpg:large

While the usual will come out about how the FAI should be doing more etc, more than likely mainly from people who have ever in their lives been to a LOI game, when will clubs themselves do something about it?

Last two season i had a season ticket for Waterford. Last season you wouldn't even know there was a game on a Friday, yet this season when someone came in with money it was everywhere. IMO a lot of clubs rely far roo much on handouts. As much as people might think otherwise the FAI just giving clubs lump sums wont help in the long run, as every time they get in trouble they'll come looking for more.

While i have no problem with people supporting whoever they want, you cant really blame the FAI for not supporting the LOI when most fans dont

"And maybe our last for some foreseeable future"

Very worrying.

Galway didn't exactly splurge, so they can't be accused of being reckless in the transfer market (with maybe the exception of managers)

I thought the Comers pumped in a lot of cash, or was that just rumour?

I unserstand that the LOI don't like the sponsorships of clubs to go above a % of the total receipts of the clubs income. Do they enforce this or is it just an aspiration?

It's not that long ago Dundalk (and Sligo?)asked season ticket holders to make a contribution to the club. Afaik the much maligned Shams supporters paid twice into Oriel for a match around that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Shane Keegan's CV could soon be showing 2 relegations and 2 club implosions in 2 seasons

CHealy wrote: »
    JOF will end up at Cobh aswell I reckon.

I thought that aswell but he turns 36 next year and is guaranteed to miss half the season. Don't think Cobh would be willing to spend money on someone whose in their mid 30s and injured a lot.

• Advertisement

cms88 wrote: »
    While the usual will come out about how the FAI should be doing more etc, more than likely mainly from people who have ever in their lives been to a LOI game, when will clubs themselves do something about it?

Last two season i had a season ticket for Waterford. Last season you wouldn't even know there was a game on a Friday, yet this season when someone came in with money it was everywhere. IMO a lot of clubs rely far roo much on handouts. As much as people might think otherwise the FAI just giving clubs lump sums wont help in the long run, as every time they get in trouble they'll come looking for more.

While i have no problem with people supporting whoever they want, you cant really blame the FAI for not supporting the LOI when most fans dont

Decreasing licencing fee's & increasing Prize money is not asking for a handout.

Decreasing licencing fee's & increasing Prize money is not asking for a handout.

Where did i say that?

What i'm talking about is the idea of the FAI just giving clubs money for no reason and when that runs out coming looking for more

Where did i say that?

What i'm talking about is the idea of the FAI just giving clubs money for no reason and when that runs out coming looking for more
    No club has asked the FAI for handouts.

What would help is if clubs got some grants similar to GAA counties to improve stadiums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

joeysoap wrote: »
    "And maybe our last for some foreseeable future"

Very worrying.

Galway didn't exactly splurge, so they can't be accused of being reckless in the transfer market (with maybe the exception of managers)

I thought the Comers pumped in a lot of cash, or was that just rumour?

I unserstand that the LOI don't like the sponsorships of clubs to go above a % of the total receipts of the clubs income. Do they enforce this or is it just an aspiration?

It's not that long ago Dundalk (and Sligo?)asked season ticket holders to make a contribution to the club. Afaik the much maligned Shams supporters paid twice into Oriel for a match around that time.
    Not sure the club (Sligo) have ever asked us to pay in, there is an initiative from supporters groups for ST holders to pay in that comes up about once a season. We had one a few weeks back after not having a home game for weeks. Wasn't organised by the club though.

Don't think it's that big a deal Galway making this request though. Sign that they are struggling, but in this league who isn't?

What would help is if clubs got some grants similar to GAA counties to improve stadiums.

They may not say it but they very much do. Waterford last year waited about for as long as they could to try and get something out of the FAI. It wasn't until local people actually did something they got the money. Had it been left to the club they would have donr nothing. Athlone are much the same.

That's also what i think should happen. If a club comes and says they want to upgrade something then the FAI should help out, but just giving clubs lump sums is not the way to go.

As i say the FAI could be doing more but there's nothing they can do about some of the main things, like getting people to games or if clubs are being run poorly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Dundalk fans: Do you think Kenny will put out a decent team tonight or rest a lot of players?
    Went on to RTE (:o) to see what they have to say and they seem unaware that Dundalk are in the final of the cup as most of their players heads seem to have "already drifted to the off-season". :rolleyes:
    Another boon for the westerners is that Dundalk have nothing of real consequence to play for. Last weekend, Stephen Kenny's team were beaten at home by Bohemians, an indication that their minds have already drifted to the off-season.

Money should be distributed among LOI clubs after the FAI get their payment from UEFA/FIFA at the end of a tournament/qualifying cycle like the Icelandic FA have done. They gave 25% (€3.4m) of their Euro 2016 payment to league clubs.

The LOI is making a big contribution to the NT these days and deserves to be rewarded. Not going to happen though.

https://twitter.com/BitOForum/status/767725966948982784

Sure if Galway go down and have debts they can just let the club go under and start anew over the winter like they did in Waterford and Wexford.

They may not say it but they very much do. Waterford last year waited about for as long as they could to try and get something out of the FAI. It wasn't until local people actually did something they got the money. Had it been left to the club they would have donr nothing. Athlone are much the same.

That's also what i think should happen. If a club comes and says they want to upgrade something then the FAI should help out, but just giving clubs lump sums is not the way to go.

As i say the FAI could be doing more but there's nothing they can do about some of the main things, like getting people to games or if clubs are being run poorly.
    They run the league.

Some promotion from the FAI for the league would be great.

Could easily start with publicising how important the league is the National team.

There’s only a certain amount of cash to go round and the FAI have to look after their poor CEO.

Priorities, folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Sure if Galway go down and have debts they can just let the club go under and start anew over the winter like they did in Waterford and Wexford.

Didn't Galway do it themselves before?

• Advertisement

My LOI team of the season.

Supple
    McDermott----Delaney---Vemmelund----Clarke

Ogbene---McEneff---McCormack----McEleney

----Maquire
    McMillian

POTY - Maquire
    YPOTY - Clarke

Manger of the Year - Keith Long

Didn't Galway do it themselves before?

Yeh, the current club is only three or four years old.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Dundalk fans: Do you think Kenny will put out a decent team tonight or rest a lot of players?
    Went on to RTE (:o) to see what they have to say and they seem unaware that Dundalk are in the final of the cup as most of their players heads seem to have "already drifted to the off-season".

I don't think SK will rest players, but if they're not fully fit he mightn't play them. Mountney definitely missing and Hoare suspended. Dundalk will not want to lose.

Nothing surprises me about the sports department in RTÉ , this is from their website taken just now

Peter Collins presents live coverage of an SSE Airtricity League Premier Division game (Kick-off 7.45pm). This evening's fixtures include Bohemians v Finn Harps, Shamrock Rovers v Limerick and Derry City v St Patrick's Athletic.

They run the league.

Some promotion from the FAI for the league would be great.

Could easily start with publicising how important the league is the National team.

Again seeing what you want. How can they make people go? Is it not be the clubs job to promote themselves? Something a lot of them don;t do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Strong Dundalk line up this evening. A lot stronger than Galway were probably hoping for. Prediction: Draw. Galway Down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Stupid of RTE to show the Galway v Dundalk game this evening. Their fate is out of their hands. They should have shown the Sligo game. Galway can win tonight and still be relegated. RTE were terrible in their coverage on the sports bulletins or even saying what game they were going to show this evening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

sligeach wrote: »
    Stupid of RTE to show the Galway v Dundalk game this evening. Their fate is out of their hands. They should have shown the Sligo game. Galway can win tonight and still be relegated. RTE were terrible in their coverage on the sports bulletins or even saying what game they were going to show this evening.

Why should they have shown Sligo over Pats? Because you want to watch it ?:D

F**king Drogheda and their shyte internet. The game isn't working on BWIN.

The game in Buncrana isn't working either.

All the sh*te ones nobody is interested in work fine of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

It's because Sligo are the next team above the relegation zone. They CAN control their fate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Oat23 wrote: »
    F**king Drogheda and their shyte internet. The game isn't working on BWIN.

The game in Buncrana isn't working either.

All the sh*te ones nobody is interested in work fine of course.

Ocean?

sligeach wrote: »
    It's because Sligo are the next team above the relegation zone. They CAN control their fate.

So, they showed Sligo and Limerick two years ago when Limerick were bottom of the table and could still have been relegated even if they won.

Nice 1!!
    1v1 Galway. Dundalk equaliser
    Game WIDE open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

It's like basketball.

Ocean?

Was hoping to watch it but yeah. Ocean it is :(

mceleney really is class
    Lovely clipped pass over the full backs head

• Advertisement

Feels like an evening where Gary Rogers is going to make a balls of a save and screw us over I feel.

Need a goal in Drogheda.

Yes Dundalk!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Galway look doomed

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Fantastic goal by McEleney.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.