Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Classic goal!
    In so many many ways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Galway as good as gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Sub 18 year old GK on for us in Drogheda after an injury. We had a header cleared off the line a few minutes ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

My arse cheeks are clenched 12 months of the year following Sligo Rovers and HSV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

That confirms it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Never relegated :cool::eek:

Best case scenario is Bray go to the wall and Galway get to stay up too. It will be sh*t to lose 2 teams from this side of the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Patww79 wrote: »

I blame North Korea for that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Delighted we stay up but it is a shame it came down to losing at least two from the W/NW. Hopefully both Galway and Harps come straight back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I thought Galway were terrific. If Galway had played like that all year I doubt they would be relegated. The damage was done earlier in the year but they were terrific tonight.

Dundalk had a fair few 'rusty' players out there tonight. Hopefully they will be better for it next week.

I know McEleney was voted MOM but for me it was between McGrath and Murray (with McGrath shading it)

Connolly is a long way off Dundalk wavelength.

I wish Galway a speedy return to the premier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Few the Galway lads will be busy answering their phones tomorrow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

A shame for Galway to go but three draws at the end killed them. All well and good not losing but when you need wins its useless

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

5th place, Keith Long is a miracle worker

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

They should have got more points then. Bray are up because they did.
    Aye, by signing players they had no idea how they were going to pay. Dragging the reputation of the league through the dirt and eventually falling over the line to seasons end.

Possible match fixing scandal still to come. Fair play Bray for a stellar season.

No team that overspends chasing Europe deserves sympathy anymore. Far too many clubs have attempted it and failed.

Just saying. If I had to choose between Bray or Galway I would want Galway in the PD.

• Advertisement

I'd rather see Galway as they've lived within their means. Not looking for anyone to go under but it's a disgrace that Bray can be allowed away with everything they've done this year while a good club goes down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭clickhere

Oat23 wrote: »
    No team that overspends chasing Europe deserves sympathy anymore. Far too many clubs have attempted it and failed.

Just saying. If I had to choose between Bray or Galway I would want Galway in the PD.

If the rumours are true that have been going around, you might just get your wish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Delighted to stay up. Never Relegated.

I'd rather see Galway as they've lived within their means. Not looking for anyone to go under but it's a disgrace that Bray can be allowed away with everything they've done this year while a good club goes down.

Eh, Galway had the begging bowl out of this morning!!

Looks like they overspent as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I'd rather see Bray in because they're a better side. No point in a weaker top division.

It's likely Bray could be the whipping boys of the Premier Division next season.

Owners withdrawing funds and players will all leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

As mentioned earlier, didn't Galway pretty much fold and go back into junior football a number of years back and walk away from debts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Zebra3 wrote: »

We've struggled badly with fixtures played midweek, large gaps between home games and the fact that we get no money from catering at our games due to the Galway Fa's disgraceful behaviour/incompetence.

This season we've not gone and attempted to bring in every and any good player available,offer them wages we couldn't afford and then almost go tits up, as Bray did. We've just struggled on as best we can, selling our best player to Rovers during the season doomed us, big fund raising efforts.

We'll be a fully local side next season I'd imagine with all our better players gone. Murray, Folan,Devaney, Cawley, Holohan, Maher, Hale, Horgan and maybe Shanahan will all go.

Bit of a difference between asking your fans to pay on the gate and telling your players you couldn't afford to pay them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Amazing to see Pats sleepwalk as close to relegation as they did, other clubs should be running away from that set of players in the LOI merry-go-round.

Shame to see Galway and Harps go. McCourt could win the First Division on his own though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Will be interesting to see if McCourt is playing 1st Div football next season, I would severely doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

NIMAN wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see if McCourt is playing 1st Div football next season, I would severely doubt it.

Would love to see him in Dalymount next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

I'm sure Bray fans love their club as much as Galway United do and after witnessing United's demise because of poor financial management, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    Whatever the financial regularities within the club, for the fans sake I hope Bray keep their league status.
    A few very dedicated fans in Galway refloated the club and have worked really hard to keep it going.
    I'm sure we'll give promotion a good belt next season and be back in the top flight the year after.
    If we can recreate the atmosphere we had here yesterday next season, there'll be some great nights ahead.
    Whatever happens , I wish Bray well next season. It's not easy, but we struggle on.

Gaillaimh Abu!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Daphne Polite Bedding

Went to the Cross yesterday - was anyone else peeved that they did the trophy presenting by the stand which was closed thanks to the storm and the lap of honour was over taken by the Media and radio promo girls blocking everyone - a lot by my were disappointed and annoyed by this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

Went to the Cross yesterday - was anyone else peeved that they did the trophy presenting by the stand which was closed thanks to the storm and the lap of honour was over taken by the Media and radio promo girls blocking everyone - a lot by my were disappointed and annoyed by this

Ye won the league, less of the negativity ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

I'd rather see Bray in because they're a better side. No point in a weaker top division.

I'd rather see Bray stay up as I'm petty and still a little bitter about the DVD

Bit of a difference between asking your fans to pay on the gate and telling your players you couldn't afford to pay them.

Bit of a difference, bit of a similarity...

Bit of a difference, bit of a similarity...
    I'll not argue with you. Shels fans are still the experts on running a club into the ground obviously.

McCabe and Callan-Mcfadden both contracted for 2018 at Sligo Rovers. Massive news, hadn't expected we'd be able to keep either.

Back to the drawing board for John Caulfield..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Good bit of business by Sligo, at least they'll get a few quid if anyone comes looking for them.

I'm wet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

What does everyone make of the McNulty video doing the rounds? Huge lack of class in my opinion. You just won the league, concentrate on yourself Mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

justshane wrote: »
    What does everyone make of the McNulty video doing the rounds? Huge lack of class in my opinion. You just won the league, concentrate on yourself Mark!

Is there another one?

Yep, Cork soho bars fb page. I think he's a little touched to be fair, doesn't seem the full shilling at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

dfx- wrote: »
    Amazing to see Pats sleepwalk as close to relegation as they did

When we didn't put Pats away in Terryland, that was when we got relegated. 3rd last game.

What was he doing in it?

Singing a song he made up. Go to SoHo Bar & Restaurant Cork on fb and you'll see it in their videos.

Singing a song he made up. Go to SoHo Bar & Restaurant Cork on fb and you'll see it in their videos.
    Found it, cheers. Pretty classless really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It's not a song he made up. Seriously....bit of banter lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Fans of every single team give stick to opposition players. It always amuses me how touchy some fans get when those players give it back. It's football lads, get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Didn't McNulty ring some of the Dundalk players after the cup final when he was locked last year too? He really does lack class.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement