Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Fans of every single team give stick to opposition players. It always amuses me how touchy some fans get when those players give it back. It's football lads, get over it.

Just out of interest, how much whinging did Cork fans do when Bradley said a few negative things about your club??

I couldn't give too craps myself what McNulty does or says and I doubt any of the Dundalk players will either. Although he displays a lack of class or professionalism this only reflects on Cork.
    I'm more shocked at Cork fans embracing this rather than being embarrassed about it but then again I've seen the flying of the Confederate flag, racist abuse of Ogbene and Rogers getting hit with a bottle being defended by their fans across social media so maybe I should just put it down to the usual claim of #bants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

PhilipsR wrote: »
    Didn't McNulty ring some of the Dundalk players after the cup final when he was locked last year too? He really does lack class.

Right, just going to nip this piece of bullsh*t in the bud. No, McNulty didn't ring any Dundalk player after the final last season. One City fan rang one Dundalk player. The Dundalk player presumably told him to **** off, hung up and carried on preparing for their Europa League match.

After the night, that turned into McNulty ringing one Dundalk player and now I see it's turned into Dundalk players, plural. What next, McNulty personally called to the houses of multiple Dalk players to abuse and threaten them?

doncarlos wrote: »
    Just out of interest, how much whinging did Cork fans do when Bradley said a few negative things about your club??
    I couldn't give too craps myself what McNulty does or says and I doubt any of the Dundalk players will either. Although he displays a lack of class or professionalism this only reflects on Cork.

I'm more shocked at Cork fans embracing this rather than being embarrassed about it but then again I've seen the flying of the Confederate flag, racist abuse of Ogbene and Rogers getting hit with a bottle being defended by their fans across social media so maybe I should just put it down to the usual claim of #bants
    Presumably you've filtered out the majority of opinions that were negative to these isolated incidents, because it doesn't suit your argument. Ya know the way like a few Dundalk fans lobbing golf balls at opposition fans or intentionally breaking seats in away ends doesn't mean that all are scum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Don't mind McNulty mentioning Dundalk again just adds to the rivalry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

McNulty personally called to the houses of multiple Dalk players to abuse and threaten them?

I heard that, alright.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Omackeral wrote: »
    I heard that, alright.

He's been busy with a few of the wives apparently and one of the players, some man really.

• Advertisement

Ya know the way like a few Dundalk fans lobbing golf balls at opposition fans or intentionally breaking seats in away ends doesn't mean that all are scum?

I've seen Dundalk fans do worse than that over the years but you certainly wouldn't see me or most other Dundalk fans defending their actions. I'm just surprised that the Cork fans that post here and usually display common sense on most matters are so quick to defend the ramblings of the village idiot. If this was a Dundalk player I'd be embarrassed not only that he did it but also that he was unable articulate something more impressive than 'f**k the rebels'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I've seen Dundalk fans do worse than that over the years but you certainly wouldn't see me or most other Dundalk fans defending their actions. I'm just surprised that the Cork fans that post here and usually display common sense on most matters are so quick to defend the ramblings of the village idiot. If this was a Dundalk player I'd be embarrassed not only that he did it but also that he was unable to articulate something more impressive than 'f**k the rebels'

FYP ;)

Not too fussed about what players do as long as there's no real damage done. Keeps us entertained when there's no game on.

The entire county or just the 120,000 in the city?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

I would be surprised if any Dundalk player in a title celebration speech made any negative reference to any other team. No big deal though, Mark seems a bit of an idiot so wouldn't hold it against him or obviously not Cork fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

McNulty eats puppies

• Advertisement

The entire county or just the 120,000 in the city?

Apologies, should have said Cork City FC mk2 formally known as FORAS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Apologies, should have said Cork City FC mk2 formally known as FORAS

Is that the same Foras that Dundalk fans were begging for help off in 2012? The same Foras who travelled up to Dundalk to give advice and support to in the wake of the serious trouble at your club? Or are you one of the lads who started supporting in 2014 so you dont know about all the help Dundalk received, not even just from Cork, from all over the LOI? Pipe down you are coming across as bitter.

I dont really give a crap what McNulty sang, he obviously does not like Dundalk and to be honest its refreshing to see a player just come out and say it, least it makes it interesting instead of the "we'll concentrate on ourselves" bull****. Poor pettles up the North East must be something in the air, see ye on Sunday lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Tobi to Cork. Failing upwards is what you call that I believe.

CHealy wrote: »
    Is that the same Foras that Dundalk fans were begging for help off in 2012? The same Foras who travelled up to Dundalk to give advice and support to in the wake of the serious trouble at your club? Or are you one of the lads who started supporting in 2014 so you dont know about all the help Dundalk received, not even just from Cork, from all over the LOI? Pipe down you are coming across as bitter.

I dont really give a crap what McNulty sang, he obviously does not like Dundalk and to be honest its refreshing to see a player just come out and say it, least it makes it interesting instead of the "we'll concentrate on ourselves" bull****. Poor pettles up the North East must be something in the air, see ye on Sunday lads.

I'm coming across as bitter??? Where did I criticise forus. They did a great job in keeping LOI football alive in Cork and got their reward this season. Fair play to them.

You call people in the northeast poor pettels when some have criticised what McNulty said? Have a look at your own post when one Dundalk fan critised Cork fans, poor pettel.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Patww79 wrote: »
    Doesn't the McNulty thing just fit in with the whole cork city mindset? Their fans normally always seem happier when things go wrong for another club than they did at winning anything themselves.

That Cork City mentioned on the forum alarm must have went off you've popped up again. Sure, we are delighted at misery for another club than actually winning the title ourselves. Nice one :P.

McNulty shot JFK. It was in the files released during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Could you blame McNulty for being upset with Preston, they got Maguire for a steal and the league would have been wrapped up months ago if he didn't leave :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Few Bitters here. Some are really hurting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Oat23 wrote: »
    Tobi to Cork. Failing upwards is what you call that I believe.
    Potentially a good footballer, likely never to get there though. **** attitude.

Missed more games this season having been dropped for discipline reasons than any player I ever remember.

In short, good riddance!

• Advertisement

Few Bitters here. Some are really hurting.

Who is bitter and about what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Potentially a good footballer, likely never to get there though. **** attitude.

Missed more games this season having been dropped for discipline reasons than any player I ever remember.

In short, good riddance!

If the thing with the bus is true it's obvious now why if he is indeed gone to Cork. He was thinking "ah sure I have a contract lined up already. Why listen to what Lyttle says?".

Horrible attitude for a footballer. Not that Fridays incident changed my previous opinion in any way. I didn't want him re-signed since the video incident.

If he was focused on football he could have got a good move back to the UK this winter and be playing international football.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

They took particular issue with him saying if you stop Maguire you stop Cork, which turned out to be completely wrong when he left as Cork thrived in his absence...

dfx- wrote: »
    They took particular issue with him saying if you stop Maguire you stop Cork, which turned out to be completely wrong when he left as Cork thrived in his absence...

The way Bradley talks about other teams sometimes you'd swear he was managing a team on top of the league rather than finishing 22 points behind the actual winners.

Oat23 wrote: »
    If the thing with the bus is true it's obvious now why if he is indeed gone to Cork. He was thinking "ah sure I have a contract lined up already. Why listen to what Lyttle says?".

Horrible attitude for a footballer. Not that Fridays incident changed my previous opinion in any way. I didn't want him re-signed since the video incident.

If he was focused on football he could have got a good move back to the UK this winter and be playing international football.

Whats the story with him? Cant say I know anything about him before being linked with us.

Whats the story with him? Cant say I know anything about him before being linked with us.
    He had a very good first season for us, was linked with Crystal Palace last winter. This year he came back and just never looked like he gave a ****. Discipline under Robertson was non-existent and himself and his buddy Mathew Stephens took full advantage of that. He was regularly seen in bars the night before games and performances were awful. Then the sex tape incident which was well publicised. After that he was dropped for a few games and came back slightly improved.

Last Friday, allegedly, he asked for permission to travel seperately the game, as he wanted to take a ferry immediately after, this was denied. So he deliberately missed the bus and drove up anyway. That's why he wasn't in the squad on Friday.

I doubt there's a single person sorry to see the back of him to be honest.

He had a very good first season for us, was linked with Crystal Palace last winter. This year he came back and just never looked like he gave a ****. Discipline under Robertson was non-existent and himself and his buddy Mathew Stephens took full advantage of that. He was regularly seen in bars the night before games and performances were awful. Then the sex tape incident which was well publicised. After that he was dropped for a few games and came back slightly improved.

Last Friday, allegedly, he asked for permission to travel seperately the game, as he wanted to take a ferry immediately after, this was denied. So he deliberately missed the bus and drove up anyway. That's why he wasn't in the squad on Friday.

I doubt there's a single person sorry to see the back of him to be honest.

Sounds like a great fella, be interesting to see how Caulfield handles him if he does come down.

Sounds like a great fella, be interesting to see how Caulfield handles him if he does come down.
    Probably the same way he handled Djilali..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sheppard to Dundalk a done deal according to LMFM

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Omackeral wrote: »
    Sheppard to Dundalk a done deal according to LMFM

That's him dropped for the final!

:pac:

Where would Dundalk fans see Shep fitting in? I presume on the wing, he has really struggled up front and not for lack of chances either. He's a real asset on the wing though, would Connolly be under pressure for his place already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Some crowd out to see the Champions this afternoon. Nearly 1,700 for a training session is unreal. The queue for Cup Final tickets looked to stay the same for about an hour before letting up, hopefully a sign that we'll have a bigger crowd up than we did last year. Season tickets (and general merchandise) on sale too, so hopefully we've managed to pick up a few new ST holders for next year.

https://twitter.com/CorkCityFC/status/924632435127660544

Corholio wrote: »
    Where would Dundalk fans see Shep fitting in? I presume on the wing, he has really struggled up front and not for lack of chances either. He's a real asset on the wing though, would Connolly be under pressure for his place already?

Hard to say. I suppose it depends who we lose this season. If we keep everyone it'll be places up for grabs.
    Our bench was much weaker this season and I'd imagine Kenny will bring in a few to rectify this. We were unable to bring anyone on to change a game like we did in previous seasons. Having that little bit of class on the bench can make a massive difference especially when the team isn't playing well.

Probably the same way he handled Djilali..

What are you on about that goal that went in off his arse v Bray will never be forgotten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Some crowd out to see the Champions this afternoon. Nearly 1,700 for a training session is unreal. The queue for Cup Final tickets looked to stay the same for about an hour before letting up, hopefully a sign that we'll have a bigger crowd up than we did last year. Season tickets (and general merchandise) on sale too, so hopefully we've managed to pick up a few new ST holders for next year.

https://twitter.com/CorkCityFC/status/924632435127660544

Were the fans who turned up made aware that Cork City were playing a Women's National League game at Bishopstown afterwards? I had hoped there would be a big crowd for that game.

With the results today, the WNL is set up for the title-deciding game between Wexford Youths Women and Peamount United, 4/11/17 at Ferrycarrig Park at 7.30pm :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Were the fans who turned up made aware that Cork City were playing a Women's National League game at Bishopstown afterwards? I had hoped there would be a big crowd for that game.

With the results today, the WNL is set up for the title-deciding game between Wexford Youths Women and Peamount United, 4/11/17 at Ferrycarrig Park at 7.30pm :)

I belive there will be a live stream on either the FAI facebook or WNL facebook page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

Out of interest, how come the WNL team still use Youths in the name?

howiya wrote: »

Strictly speaking it's an entirely separate club, so there was no requirement to re-name. At some point, the two will hopefully come under the same club. Where the resistance to it happening is coming from, I don't really know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

dfx- wrote: »

Speaking of which, Maguire didn't get a sniff in Terryland in May and we were the first team to take points off them as a result probably.

At some point, the two will hopefully come under the same club. Where the resistance to it happening is coming from, I don't really know.

Likely comes down to money. Would draw from Wexford FC budget.

• Advertisement

Likely comes down to money. Would draw from Wexford FC budget.

I am familiar with our financial situation and I don't think it's that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

It could be something to do with protecting the womens team In the case of the mens team going to the wall. To protect any assets the women's team has potentially?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Vemmelund leaving Dundalk after the cup final because its basically a boring kip.
    https://twitter.com/LOIDOTIE/status/925295071892828162

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Right, just going to nip this piece of bullsh*t in the bud. No, McNulty didn't ring any Dundalk player after the final last season. One City fan rang one Dundalk player. The Dundalk player presumably told him to **** off, hung up and carried on preparing for their Europa League match.
    Stephen Kenny was on the 98FM League of Ireland podcast yesterday and said he did. He wasn't impressed at all by McNulty's behaviour. As for Vemmelund he's been good for us and he'll be missed but I don't think he's a huge loss. He's had quite a few patchy games for us this season. Started off pretty slowly and then came into his own around July. Was brilliant against Rosenberg over there but a couple of niggling injuries over the last couple of months has seen him tail off a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If McNulty behaved in that way then it's low-life stuff and not the actions or behaviour of a professional. Let the game and his club down big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Don't think Vemmelund will start on sunday now.

Very foolish to come out with those comments before a Cup final.

He is a good player excellent against Rosenberg but not as good as he thinks he is. There is a lack of good CB's in the LOI in general though.

I'm not saying Wexford FC can't afford it, just that I think it would be very likely to have an effect on their finances.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

MD1990 wrote: »
    Don't think Vemmelund will start on sunday now.

Very foolish to come out with those comments before a Cup final.

He is a good player excellent against Rosenberg but not as good as he thinks he is. There is a lack of good CB's in the LOI in general though.

Not good as a full back but decent further up. looks like he just wants play closer to home . Wouldn't bet against Rosenberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

McLoughlin is the referee on Sunday, mixed feelings on this, TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

howiya wrote:

As Darkglasses has said, it is a contentious issue. My personal opinion (and it is just that) is that the ladies team have no desire to join the main body of the club. Until every team has the same name, jersey and crest (another club problem), I can't bring myself to have any empathy with the ladies team.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement