Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Didn’t the men and women’s team both play under the same name and then the men’s set up left and reformed under a new name?

Yet you’ve an issue with the women’s section?

Unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Daphne Polite Bedding

CHealy wrote: »
    Is that the same Foras that Dundalk fans were begging for help off in 2012? The same Foras who travelled up to Dundalk to give advice and support to in the wake of the serious trouble at your club? Or are you one of the lads who started supporting in 2014 so you dont know about all the help Dundalk received, not even just from Cork, from all over the LOI? Pipe down you are coming across as bitter.

I dont really give a crap what McNulty sang, he obviously does not like Dundalk and to be honest its refreshing to see a player just come out and say it, least it makes it interesting instead of the "we'll concentrate on ourselves" bull****. Poor pettles up the North East must be something in the air, see ye on Sunday lads.

"Saint" Stephen Kenny resorting to this by speaking on Karl Sheppard
    "I don't want to put him in an awkward situation," he said, "It's not something I'm going to deny either at this stage, I'm not going to lie to you"

..and before he's finished, has put him in an awkward situation.. Trying to unsettle Shep with this rubbish makes him look weak and worried imo.

Get over yourself, he's doing his job. Unsettling the opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

"Saint" Stephen Kenny resorting to this by speaking on Karl Sheppard
    "I don't want to put him in an awkward situation," he said, "It's not something I'm going to deny either at this stage, I'm not going to lie to you"

..and before he's finished, has put him in an awkward situation.. Trying to unsettle Shep with this rubbish makes him look weak and worried imo.

Bants?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Absolutely welcome to Shep in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Absolutely welcome to Shep in my opinion

If they sign Sheppard as a striker they are going to have an awful time, if they sign him as a winger then they have one of the best players in the league. Either way I'll be sad to see him go but happy he got his league win in the end after 3 seasons with us.

By the way, Dundalk fans talking about class would want a word with their own support before commenting on a little chant from McNulty, especially when one has been caught on Twitter saying he hopes Caulfield dies in his sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

If they sign Sheppard as a striker they are going to have an awful time, if they sign him as a winger then they have one of the best players in the league. Either way I'll be sad to see him go but happy he got his league win in the end after 3 seasons with us.

By the way, Dundalk fans talking about class would want a word with their own support before commenting on a little chant from McNulty, especially when one has been caught on Twitter saying he hopes Caulfield dies in his sleep.

JC must have beat him in golf or something. Their mad for Golf up that way so much so their fans have been known to even carry their golf boys to soccer matchs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Jaysus the Cork lads are taking it very badly :pac:

Who's all over the media today talking about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Not really. Very average striker and really good winger, will be a bit disappointed to see him go but in LOI every end of season is the same, some players go and some players come in. Luckily we are in a very good position to attract those players coming in. He'd have been a fair bit down the list of players I'd have wanted to lose to Dundalk. He'll be a very good player for Dundalk though (on the wing), no harm at all in saying that.

I don't take much notice of Kenny talking about Shep, we all know what it is and most managers do it. As long as that's recognised the next time someone is butthurt about something Caulfield said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Corholio wrote: »
    Not really. Very average striker and really good winger, will be a bit disappointed to see him go but in LOI every end of season is the same, some players go and some players come in. Luckily we are in a very good position to attract those players coming in. He'd have been a fair bit down the list of players I'd have wanted to lose to Dundalk. He'll be a very good player for Dundalk though (on the wing), no harm at all in saying that.

I don't take much notice of Kenny talking about Shep, we all know what it is and most managers do it. As long as that's recognised the next time someone is butthurt about something Caulfield said.
    Indeed but was it not something McNulty said?

Indeed but was it not something McNulty said?

Indeed, I just meant that managers do these things and not everyone is free or high and mighty from doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Right, just going to nip this piece of bullsh*t in the bud. No, McNulty didn't ring any Dundalk player after the final last season. One City fan rang one Dundalk player. The Dundalk player presumably told him to **** off, hung up and carried on preparing for their Europa League match.

After the night, that turned into McNulty ringing one Dundalk player and now I see it's turned into Dundalk players, plural. What next, McNulty personally called to the houses of multiple Dalk players to abuse and threaten them?

Presumably you've filtered out the majority of opinions that were negative to these isolated incidents, because it doesn't suit your argument. Ya know the way like a few Dundalk fans lobbing golf balls at opposition fans or intentionally breaking seats in away ends doesn't mean that all are scum?

Only seeing this now. You’re completely misinformed on him ringing O’Donnell. It definitely happened. He lacks class. Sore winners are worse than sore losers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Didn’t the men and women’s team both play under the same name and then the men’s set up left and reformed under a new name?

Unreal.

For a team that's only been around 6 years, the name/crest/jersey situation has been anything but simple throughout, i'll be first to admit that.

Again for reasons I'm not clear on, this is the case for many of our opposite number around the league. Cork City WFC and Cork City FC are only now starting to share crests and gear. Galway WFC & Galway Utd. are completely separate. UCD Waves is practically unrelated to UCD. The link between Shelbourne LFC and Shelbourne FC is unclear also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

When did this happen? Link?

• Advertisement

The link between Shelbourne LFC and Shelbourne FC is unclear also.

It’s the one club. Ladies section use the phrase “LFC” to differentiate for some reason, no idea why. They have at least one rep on the club’s board of management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Zebra3 wrote:

Zebra3 wrote:

Zebra3 wrote:
    Unreal.

The Women's team set up as Wexford Youths Women AFC, when the Men were already established as Wexford Youths FC.

The men didn't "leave", they went in to full liquidation and reformed as Wexford FC. Their licence was granted with the condition that Youths could not appear in the name. The Women's team undertake a separate licencing process and were not prohibited by the FAI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

It’s the one club. Ladies section use the phrase “LFC” to differentiate for some reason, no idea why. They have at least one rep on the club’s board of management.

Do you know why they play in so many different grounds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Majority of the time they play and train in the Morton Stadium, due to the charge wanted being too high to open up Tolka for games. They've a deal with Morton since they were Raheny Utd afaik. Shels mens rarely train in Tolka either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Is the cup final sold out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Eathrin wrote: »
    Is the cup final sold out?
    I haven't checked, but no, it's definitely not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I haven't checked, but no, it's definitely not.

Maybe it's just me being stupid but I can't seem to find any tickets on ticketmaster for sale.

Because they also play away matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Maybe it's just me being stupid but I can't seem to find any tickets on ticketmaster for sale.

Releasing the pretty decent ones now they have disposed of the crap corners

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/irish-daily-mail-fai-senior-cup-dublin-11-05-2017/event/18005351A106700D?artistid=1794080&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=741&bba=1

Apologies; releasing €30 tickets now

I don't believe they've sold out of €10 seats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

joeysoap wrote: »
    Releasing the pretty decent ones now they have disposed of the crap corners

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/irish-daily-mail-fai-senior-cup-dublin-11-05-2017/event/18005351A106700D?artistid=1794080&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=741&bba=1

Apologies; releasing €30 tickets now

I don't believe they've sold out of €10 seats

Still appear to be selling €10 tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

If I recall correctly it was similar last year for the Dundalk UCL game. They were selling block by block and if the block sold out out of hours you had to wait until business hours for them to open up a new block.

howiya wrote: »
    If I recall correctly it was similar last year for the Dundalk UCL game. They were selling block by block and if the block sold out out of hours you had to wait until business hours for them to open up a new block.

That makes sense, probably why Eathrin couldn't find any tickets and I could only find €30 tickets earlier. Block 504 on sale now at €10, decent tickets.

The FAI should insist that City and Dundalk get at least one/two blocks each in either the East or West stands respectively and not just the crap seats behind the goals. I know some fans want those seats but some of us don't and we have to pay ticketmaster €2 extra for the privilege. the FAI don't really give a fcuk about the fans anyway, hence one time match goers get better seats than team supporters

* I think the winners get €50,000 and the runners up €25,000 but do they share any of the gate? I know matchday costs are expensive (Dundalk's match with Legia in the Aviva cost north of 100k but I believe they still cleared 200k). Or does the FAI keep the gate? (It is the FAI cup after all)

FAI keeps the gate afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

FAI keeps the gate afaik.

Clubs must get some sort of financial gain from selling tickets surely? Otherwise there would be less of an insensitive to do so rather than direct fans to the ticketmaster

doncarlos wrote: »
    Clubs must get some sort of financial gain from selling tickets surely? Otherwise there would be less of an insensitive to do so rather than direct fans to the ticketmaster

The incentive is to get more of their fans behind their team and to get on the FAI's good side by shifting tickets.

Look at how the tv money for the league is added into the glorious prize fund. Creating a bigger number for the FAI to show off.

Therefore no gate share with the clubs for the cup final but "bigger" prize money! It also allows the FAI to use the cup final as a freebie to help shift international season tickets without the finalists moaning about losing out on a share of ticket sales.

• Advertisement

And the real beauty from the FAI's point of view .........is that the Daily Mail sponsor it. So if 20,000 turn up it its a break even situation.......If 30,00 turn up its drinks all round and if 40,000 turn up its a bonanza for the FAI.

Any surplus should really go to increasing the prizemoney for next year - even distributing it among all participating clubs this year, This would be the better option.

Bizarre that such a right-wing middle class hate filled rag sponsors a competition mainly watched by working class people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

anyone else hearing talk of Akinade to Waterford?

Cape Clear wrote: »
    anyone else hearing talk of Akinade to Waterford?

Ya, and Bolger to Shamrock Rovers and Ronan Murray to Sligo.

Good to see that the minutes applause at the cup final for the Dundalk fan who tragically died seems to be getting good exposure online.

Good to see that the minutes applause at the cup final for the Dundalk fan who tragically died seems to be getting good exposure online.

Why? Can people not just go to a match without bringing their grief junkie issues?

These minutes applause in a certain numbered minute are embarrassing and old hat.

Is there not funerals any more for people to grieve at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Why? Can people not just go to a match without bringing their grief junkie issues?

These minutes applause in a certain numbered minute are embarrassing and old hat.

I agree. They're now happening far too often, and in many cases, more than half the crowd don't know what they're about. Can't help feeling they're more about so that certain people can feel good about themselves for organising a social media campaign to have one.

The FAI are very good at pre-game minutes applause or silence, or whatever. Why not have that for this poor chap - RIP. ?

Grief junkie? It's just 60 seconds of time taken up to show respect for a fan who died going home from a match. I agree that there's a lot of nonsense stuff associated with football these days, but a tiny fragment of time to show respect for a bread and butter fan by other fans isn't at all much to do or ask for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Grief junkie? It's just 60 seconds of time taken up to show respect for a fan who died going home from a match. I agree that there's a lot of nonsense stuff associated with football these days, but a tiny fragment of time to show respect for a bread and butter fan by other fans isn't at all much to do or ask for.

Yes, but before the game so that everybody knows what’s going on and who they ares showing respect for.

• Advertisement

eigrod wrote: »
    Can't help feeling they're more about so that certain people can feel good about themselves for organising a social media campaign to have one.

Nail on the head.

Like the shameless over the top reaction around league (outside Derry) to McBride passing away. Fans of other clubs making banners about him, Bray I think it was putting him on their programme cover-for a game against Limerick!!

Then the ghouls at Dundalk. Listing two deceased Derry players amongst their squad in the match programme. Creeps.

eigrod wrote: »
    Yes, but before the game so that everybody knows what’s going on and who they ares showing respect for.

To be honest that is just as good of course, but there certainly isn't anything wrong with it. People always think cynical of gestures these days, just seem programmed to.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Dinny Corcoran signs a 2 year deal with Bohs, great stuff.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Dinny Corcoran signs a 2 year deal with Bohs, great stuff.
    Good business. Guaranteed goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Good business. Guaranteed goals.

As long as there's no gah or weddings on at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Nail on the head.

Like the shameless over the top reaction around league (outside Derry) to McBride passing away. Fans of other clubs making banners about him, Bray I think it was putting him on their programme cover-for a game against Limerick!!

Then the ghouls at Dundalk. Listing two deceased Derry players amongst their squad in the match programme. Creeps.

Speaking of over the top reactions. Jaysus...

• Advertisement

Oat23 wrote: »
    As long as there's no gah or weddings on at the same time.
    Yeah, I didn't say he's not an arsehole

Speaking of over the top reactions. Jaysus...

What's over the top? :confused:

What's over the top? :confused:
    It basically means out of proportion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Hey lads, looking for a bit of help if you could at all.

So, I've been doing another project that's going to be filled with drawings of LOI grounds. I'll pop a few at the end of the post that aren't quite finished yet, if anyone would like a look.

In any case, I'd like to try my hand at lansdowne as well as Dalymount when they were still being used for Ireland games.

Would anyone know a good resource for reference images, so I can get an idea of what they really looked like? That's all really, enjoy your weekend, unless you're from Cork or Dundalk, feck the pair of ye :P

DNoYVdXWkAAoL5Y.jpg

DNirRdyWkAA3o_N.jpg

DNirpeZXcAAbnre.jpg

DK_tYaFXcAIxt9e.jpg

DMblgEQX0AUbWJl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement