Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I don’t think the majority the will care as long as he performs to be honest

Unfortunately this sums up the attitude of a lot of people in Ireland to someone like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

dan1895 wrote: »
    Unfortunately this sums up the attitude of a lot of people in Ireland to someone like this.

Well his gonna get a whole lot of abuse when his at the markets field from me, his scum

Well his gonna get a whole lot of abuse when his at the markets field from me, his scum

Be careful. He'll have you reported to the FAI for rascism.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I think he already did this? Its your club that bears the fines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Well i never made any racist remakes about him, i have made plenty of remakes about his past(which have a quiet a few letters in common with racist), all of which are true, but because of "the right to be forgotten" online his past can be hard to find, pity his victim can't just forget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

For some reason sex offenders seem to get away with an awful lot on this island, this fella will now have been welcomed in by 3 LOI clubs and to be honest it disgusts me, its a right insult to the poor girl who has to live with what he done every day.

"No one will care as long as he scores goals" is a disgusting attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

CHealy wrote: »
    For some reason sex offenders seem to get away with an awful lot on this island, this fella will now have been welcomed in by 3 LOI clubs and to be honest it disgusts me, its a right insult to the poor girl who has to live with what he done every day.

"No one will care as long as he scores goals" is a disgusting attitude.

In fairness to Bray they terminated his contract once he was charged i think.
    Bohs on the other hand...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Danny Morrissey signs for Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Danny Morrissey signs for Limerick

There's a decent striker in there, I think the year away from Cork probably did him good for various reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Hope Anthony Buttimer isn't watching the rugby.

• Advertisement

Well i never made any racist remakes about him, i have made plenty of remakes about his past(which have a quiet a few letters in common with racist), all of which are true, but because of "the right to be forgotten" online his past can be hard to find, pity his victim can't just forget

I know you didnt. Neither did Athlone fans but he still reported them. Happened with Cork and Shels too.

New club co efficient method starting this year

https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/seasonclub/index.html

The old way all LOI clubs benefitted if one or more did well. Not any more by the sound of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

The lad will always get a great welcome here in Tallaght....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Aaron Barry joined Cork now.

http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/2017/11/13/aaron-barry-signs-for-city/amp/

Cork's new signings so far reminding a bit of Everton in a way.

Getting lot of players in but none so far that are huge additions really. McNamee the best signing so far but a little overated imo but the rest all seem like squad players. Dunleavy starts at RB if fit & he resigns.

The re-signings have been more important especially Sheppard & McCormack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Ethan Boyle to Shams persisting on our forum... McAleer also possibly off in that direction

Chris Eubank would be a decent signing for Rovers. Would need time off for his boxing though.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Aaron Barry joined Cork now.

http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/2017/11/13/aaron-barry-signs-for-city/amp/

Cork's new signings so far reminding a bit of Everton in a way.

Getting lot of players in but none so far that are huge additions really. McNamee the best signing so far but a little overated imo but the rest all seem like squad players. Dunleavy starts at RB if fit & he resigns.

The re-signings have been more important especially Sheppard & McCormack.

Dunleavy won't be starting right back if he's fit and resigns. Barry, McNamee and Adebayo-Rowling will be starters. I'm pretty happy with the signings so far, a striker in and that will be most of it done. City would be criticised for not getting players in as well, building on title success etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Horgan not ahead of Rowling?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Horgan not ahead of Rowling?

Could be either at the start I think but I think Rowling will be in there more permanently. We had 4 or 5 different players who played right back at one stage or another during the season so firming up there was needed. Saying that I'd hate to lose Beattie, would like to see him stick around and play further up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Saw a thing on Facebook there. Looks like akinade off to Cork. They'll have some squad this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

BOHtox wrote: »
    Saw a thing on Facebook there. Looks like akinade off to Cork. They'll have some squad this year

Welcoming committee are waiting for him already down there

4d3ybkra0kfz.jpg

Almost certainly Waterford he'll end up at I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I can’t see him ending up here... think JC has already said the cf will be from outside Ireland too

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I heard Waterford?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Ah Facebook, has to be true :D

Once he does not end up playing in Oriel, id be happy! Scumbag shouldnt be playing at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Corholio wrote: »
    Could be either at the start I think but I think Rowling will be in there more permanently. We had 4 or 5 different players who played right back at one stage or another during the season so firming up there was needed. Saying that I'd hate to lose Beattie, would like to see him stick around and play further up.
    If we had any other options at right back Tobi would barely have played this season, and that was in a team which barely escaped relegation. I really doubt he'll be a starter for you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Cannot see akinade going to city. Waterford if anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Ah Facebook, has to be true :D

Once he does not end up playing in Oriel, id be happy! Scumbag shouldnt be playing at all!

He well might play two matches in Oriel next year,

But they will not be for Dundalk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

David Cawley to Sligo I've read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

David Cawley to Sligo I've read.
    Won't be popular with our support but I always liked him, was a vital member of our league winning squad. Thought he was a victim of Baraclough's system of playing two holding midfield players.

How was he this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Aaron Barry's departure from Derry won't worry us too much I'd think.

Decent defender but thats about it. Nothing special that can't be replaced easily enough.

Won't be popular with our support but I always liked him, was a vital member of our league winning squad. Thought he was a victim of Baraclough's system of playing two holding midfield players.

How was he this year?

He was okay, an underwhelming first half of the season. Better as the season went on. Doesn't put his stamp on a game enough though.

McMilian looks to be joining St. Johnstone.

Huge blow for Dundalk.

Any word of Benson,St Johnstone were looking at him too by all accounts ? In line with past transfers I assume it’s a freebie for SJ.

Big loss certainly for his work rate, but IMO his conversion of chances to goals was not spectacular.

That’s a clean out of forwards now (Kilduff, McMillan, and before that Seanie and Hoban). Dundalk usually only play one up front so whoever comes in has to be prepared to work

Paddy Barrett released as well. Expect City or Rovers to pick him up. I liked Barrett, thought he was reliable.

Suprised no links to Gary Shaw considering he is out of contract.

Would be a very good signing for any of the top 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

I edpect Dundalk to go after Donnelly from Cliftonville.

Or potentially Joe Gormley

http://shamrockrovers.ie/2017/11/14/webster-and-connolly-released/

Surprised Webster has been let go, Connolly is a good player but consistency was poor at Rovers. 2 good players they should get a club in the Premier. Limerick might potentially look at Connolly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

How was he this year?

He was one of the many who didn't seem arsed the year Mickey Adams saved us, and given he had been around for a few seasons, won the league and was captain that was unacceptable. Strangely he seemed to be one of the most passionate Galway players on the pitch against Dundalk though...

Since he's a Mayo lad I was expecting Rovers to be linked with him. Same goes for Connolly now be has been released by Shams. Another former player.

• Advertisement

Connolly is a decent enoogh ball player. But with Rovers when I saw him fans were annoyed with him as he rarely looked forward always playing backwards. It was strange as he played as a #10 at Galway.

joeysoap wrote: »
    Paddy Barrett released as well. Expect City or Rovers to pick him up. I liked Barrett, thought he was reliable.

I would certainly hope not, dont rate him at all and Im surprised you liked him, alot of Dundalk fans on SM delighted he's gone.

McNulty signs back for two years, very happy with that one. Cork City already have 17 players signed up for next year and thats without any announcement on the likes of Dooley, Buckley or Beattie, I imagine the first two will sign back but Beattie off the the States I hear. Caulfield also waiting for January window in the UK to bring in a CF is the talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

MD1990 wrote: »
    Connolly is a decent enoogh ball player. But with Rovers when I saw him fans were annoyed with him as he rarely looked forward always playing backwards. It was strange as he played as a #10 at Galway.

We're going to end up with backwards Connolly and sideways Cawley I bet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

wadacrack wrote: »
    http://shamrockrovers.ie/2017/11/14/webster-and-connolly-released/

Surprised Webster has been let go, Connolly is a good player but consistency was poor at Rovers. 2 good players they should get a club in the Premier. Limerick might potentially look at Connolly

not surprised at either really and don't mind either going. Webster is a long way below Grace and Lopes, the only way he was going to stay was as third choice imo. A mistake was always just around the next corner.

Seeing on the announcement that Connolly played 31 times. I wouldn't have thought it anywhere near that number.

CHealy wrote: »
    I would certainly hope not, dont rate him at all and Im surprised you liked him, alot of Dundalk fans on SM delighted he's gone.

McNulty signs back for two years, very happy with that one. Cork City already have 17 players signed up for next year and thats without any announcement on the likes of Dooley, Buckley or Beattie, I imagine the first two will sign back but Beattie off the the States I hear. Caulfield also waiting for January window in the UK to bring in a CF is the talk.

That's more to do with a run in he had with a few "fans" in town a week before he went on loan to Waterford

That's more to do with a run in he had with a few "fans" in town a week before he went on loan to Waterford

Oh right, didnt know about that, probably best for both parties so.

Connolly was always more effective as a ten, took too much out of the ball, slowed play too much from a deeper position. Would be a good signing for any bottom half team. Big fish small pond type of player.

Barrett was excellent the time we had him,be shocked if one of the top teams doesn't try for him.

joeysoap wrote: »
    He well might play two matches in Oriel next year,

But they will not be for Dundalk

Always plays well and scores against us aswell :mad:

• Advertisement

Always plays well and scores against us aswell :mad:

Agreed. Dundalk lost once in 2016 and that was at home to Bohs, with Akinade giving us the run around that night. Scored a cracking goal in the last match in Oriel this year.

But I still wouldn’t like or expect Dundalk to sign him.

I also expect SK knows who he wants. Having said that I believe Mikey Drennan was lined up to sign before signing for Rovers, (Moorehouse ditto before signing for Sligo ?)

I wont be surprised if SK goes cross channel or Norn Iron for a forward.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement