Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

That's more to do with a run in he had with a few "fans" in town a week before he went on loan to Waterford

Duffy certainly improved when he had less ‘distraction’.

That’s bollixed up the money from the World Cup to the LOI :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭adaminho

joeysoap wrote: »
    That’s bollixed up the money from the World Cup to the LOI Glorious Leader:rolleyes:

Fyp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Don't worry the 50 quid per club can be made up with a little bit of effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

its ok lads, thanks to the foresight of dear leader, we have another 4 years left before those reports expire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

Glorious leader will be on his junket anyway to Russia as an Fifa mandarin on his expenses.Last night wouldnt stop him and he wont have to contend with abusive songs from the Irish peasontry either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

like the FAI were going share the wealth with the bad old LOI

Seems i had the wrong Rovers for McAleer... Confirmed by Sligo. He did well for us, with the showgrounds pitch will do even better there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Came on here to ask what you thought of him, you're way ahead! Cheers

Hard worker, skillful winger and was adding more goals as the year went on. He is liable for a dodgy tackle though (as in reached double figures for cards)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Cawley back at Rovers. I liked him however not sure if this will improve us alot. Thoughts as I didn't really see much of him since he left.

Gannon re- signs for 3 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Great deal for both. Unlikely Gannon will move to UK now .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Gannon re- signs for 3 years.

Hasn't been his best season and he was very poor in the Cup Final.
    Hope he gets his old form back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

overshoot wrote: »
    Hard worker, skillful winger and was adding more goals as the year went on. He is liable for a dodgy tackle though (as in reached double figures for cards)

Had a sneaking suspicion he might be at the Brandywell next season, as a replacement for Curtis (if he actually leaves).

Hasn't been his best season and he was very poor in the Cup Final.
    Hope he gets his old form back.

To be fair that Dundalk team were still playing competitive matches in December. Then we had a fair number of departures. Team played really well from summer break

*Interesting to read that Ciaran Martyn had to pay Shels £8,000 in 2004 when he changed his mind and opted to remain at Derry after agreeing to join Shels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Gannon is a great player and he couldnt exactly turn down a three year deal, good business by both.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0c4bc086-cb1b-11e7-b529-95e3fc05f40f

Looks like that takeover for Dundalk will happen.

MD1990 wrote: »
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0c4bc086-cb1b-11e7-b529-95e3fc05f40f

Looks like that takeover for Dundalk will happen.

Hopefully those Dundalk lads know what they are doing. Brian Lennox was Cork City to the core (still is) and we all know what happened when he sold to an investment company who talked the talk.

• Advertisement

It's probably b*llocks made up because Americans are taking over, but I heard earlier this week a former US prodigy will be joining Dundalk for pre-season in January - The globetrotting Freddy Adu.

http://leagueofireland.ie/index.php/2017/11/17/ronan-murray-set-sign-dundalk-fc/

Murray joining Dundalk apparently. Maybe a replacement for McEleney or McMillian.

http://leagueofireland.ie/index.php/2017/11/17/ronan-murray-set-sign-dundalk-fc/

Murray joining Dundalk apparently. Maybe a replacement for McEleney or McMillian.

Well that's annoying. Probably have to look to England for a striker now. I was hoping he'd want to stay close to Mayo but those 52 week deals are hard to turn down.

Apparently Caulfield is also looking to England so we'll have to sneak our player into the country and get him signed before he swoops in and takes him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Oat23 wrote: »
    Well that's annoying. Probably have to look to England for a striker now. I was hoping he'd want to stay close to Mayo but those 52 week deals are hard to turn down.

Apparently Caulfield is also looking to England so we'll have to sneak our player into the country and get him signed before he swoops in and takes him.

It’s a few months AFTER he signs for ye that Caulfield swoops not before so yer ok now

Graham Cummins is a very strong possibility to come back to the Cross aswell from St.Johnston, especially if McMillian goes there. He'll be 30 by the time the season starts.

I would be wary of buying from England if it is a player struggling over there.

Murray excellent last year but it can take a while for them to hit form if they ever do confidence is often very low.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Oat23 wrote: »
    It's probably b*llocks made up because Americans are taking over, but I heard earlier this week a former US prodigy will be joining Dundalk for pre-season in January - The globetrotting Freddy Adu.

My friends and I were discussing this recently, we wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench at Dundalk.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Now that the McMillan move to St Johnstone seems to be almost complete the Pat Hoban back to Dundalk talk has started again. Would be a good move for all concerned I reckon. He was class for us during his two seasons with the club. Apparently his wage demands scuppered the deal a few months back but given he's in limbo now hopefully an agreement can be made. A fit motivated Hoban back to his best will ease the blow of losing McMillan considerably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Gary Shaw signed a new contract at Rovers.

As has Graham Burke & Brandon Miele.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

CHealy wrote: »
    Graham Cummins is a very strong possibility to come back to the Cross aswell from St.Johnston, especially if McMillian goes there. He'll be 30 by the time the season starts.

I'd love to see Graham Cummins back at the Cross. He was a class act and a natural goalscorer, albeit at First Division level, and his time in Scotland has surely improved him.

He was responsible for giving me my best ever experience in over 40 years of watching live football :)

I'd love to see Graham Cummins back at the Cross. He was a class act and a natural goalscorer, albeit at First Division level, and his time in Scotland has surely improved him.

He was responsible for giving me my best ever experience in over 40 years of watching live football :)

Id love to see him back aswell, not been scoring much but getting alot of game time, would be a goalscorer in the LOI I would think, hope it happens, talk is its a strong possibility.

I'll never forget that night in Tolka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Wonder what Waterford fans think of Izzy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Wonder what Waterford fans think of Izzy

A s**mbag like most sane minded people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

AGC wrote: »
    A s**mbag like most sane minded people

On Twitter a few days ago most Waterford fans were saying things "sure his a good player so who cares"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

On Twitter a few days ago most Waterford fans were saying things "sure his a good player so who cares"

Unfortunately an approach a lot of Bohs fans also took, sad really.

Disgusting by Waterford to give him a deal, community ethos thrown right out the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

CHealy wrote: »
    Disgusting by Waterford to give him a deal, community ethos thrown right out the window.

No community ethos in that club. Gamblers only think about themselves.

Akinade will always get a move as he is a very good player . If it wasn't for his past he would be at one of the top 2 or England.

The reality is he should have been behind bars for a few years. The fact je served no jail time makes the situation worse.

Cape Clear wrote: »
    No community ethos in that club. Gamblers only think about themselves.

True that.

Its also true that Akinade is one of the best strikers in the league when on form (not often), but Id never want him to have anything to do with my club. In fact, when rumours came out in the paper a few weeks back that City might be interested in him, it was put to Foras to make an exception to the rule and intervene with the management staff and prohibit the signing of this guy. Now I dont know if the rumours were true or not but I know for a fact he would have never been allowed sign for Cork City, and the same can be said for most other clubs Id imagine.

Again, shame on Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Akinade will always get a move as he is a very good player . If it wasn't for his past he would be at one of the top 2 or England.

The reality is he should have been behind bars for a few years. The fact je served no jail time makes the situation worse.

What are you smoking? :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

What are you smoking? :pac::pac:

could easily play for Dundalk or Cork, unless you thought the OP meant top two in England :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

AGC wrote: »
    Unfortunately an approach a lot of Bohs fans also took, sad really.

One of their own apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If Cork had signed him I was ripping up my ST application.

**** that and hope we stay away from that level of human.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Shane Duggan re-signs for Limerick.

Paddy Barrett to Cincinnati. Sava re-signs (Sava has been extraordinarily loyal to Dundalk)

* takeover looking more than likely.

major bill wrote: »
    could easily play for Dundalk or Cork, unless you thought the OP meant top two in England :)

I was in work and missed the or Cork part

I was in work and missed the or Cork part

Wouldn’t get on for them anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Daphne Polite Bedding

Gary Buckley 2 year deal signed with city...also rumoured over next few days Dooley and Beattie will be resigned - All city really need is a starting forward and this will hopefully be another good season for city, strong line up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

A good forward is the hardest thing to find though!

Cork are looking strong alright, if they do unearth a goalscorer they'll be heavy favourites. There are none currently in the northwest though so not sure where they'll get one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement