Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dylan Connolly will be huge next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

MD1990 wrote: »
    I'm sure Rovers are interested.

When McDermott leaves it will probably be to an English club also I can't see Rovers & Derry agreeing a fee.

Madden looked a liability against Duffy in the 3 games vs Dundalk near the end of the season. May have caused Bradley to think he is past his best.

If he's out of contract they dont need to. He's under 21 so they can but if they can't itll go to tribunal and be decided for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CSF wrote: »

He needs to find some pace

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Is he in Burger King every day ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

He's got a bit of flak from some Dundalk supporters this season but I thought he did ok. Was poor down in Cork but in general he's been ok. As you say I reckon he'll have a much bigger impact next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Drogheda United closing in on appointing Collie O'Neill as manager apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

That's a good appointment if they get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Dundalk have just announced the signings of Dean Jarvis, Stephen Folan and the Hobanator. Jarvis likely to be a back up for Massey now that Grimes is gone. Pat Hoban into replace the outgoing McMillan. Delighted Hoban is back. He was great for us when Kenny first came in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Jarvis will take Massey's place if he doesn't improve.

Folan is a surprise signing. Hoban may need time but should be a good replacement for McMillian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

MD1990 wrote: »
    Jarvis will take Massey's place if he doesn't improve.

Folan is a surprise signing. Hoban may need time but should be a good replacement for McMillian.

Folan to replace Barrett on the bench, still an odd addition since his not that good

• Advertisement

Folan to replace Barrett on the bench, still an odd addition since his not that good

Thought they would target a much better CB since Vemmelund will leave. Hoare has potential & could step up.

Unless Maxi Kougoun is staying at UCD to finish college a Premier Division should really be looking at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Folan is a very good cb,reads the game well, excellent passer from the back and chips in with a goal or two. He lacks pace which a good partner can make up for.

Folan is a very good cb,reads the game well, excellent passer from the back and chips in with a goal or two. He lacks pace which a good partner can make up for.

Some Limerick fans have mixed opinions of Folan going by his time at Limerick, but when he joined us he was still only a kid at 21 who never played a game at senior level. Still very young for a centre back and has improved since he first came back to Ireland, would have liked him back at Limerick as he's better than any centre back we have but can see him forcing his way into the Dundalk first team ahead of Hoare.

No Murray? Surprised at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

joeysoap wrote: »
    No Murray? Surprised at that.

Was told last week it was done, id still expect ye to announce him. He's the player who would worry me most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Bohs signed JJ Lunney from Pats. Anyone know anything about him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

BOHtox wrote: »
    Bohs signed JJ Lunney from Pats. Anyone know anything about him?

Centre midfielder although he can play on the wing and left back. Decent enough young player although he was disappointing to an extent last season. Markey was
    the star young player for us last season. Its not a coincidence that our results improved immensely after we signed Garvan and K Brennan. Still somewhat disappointing to lose him as he has plenty of potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Pat Hoban is very handsome.

Fin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

CHealy wrote: »
    Was told last week it was done, id still expect ye to announce him. He's the player who would worry me most.

I thought he was set for Sligo so he could be nearer his gym/business thingy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

Drogheda United closing in on appointing Collie O'Neill as manager apparently.

Never heard of him

Zico ! wrote: »
    Never heard of him

I take it you don’t support any league of Ireland club?

Omackeral wrote: »
    Pat Hoban is very handsome.

Fin.

Plenty of defenders will be trying to get the jump on him this year. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

joeysoap wrote: »
    I take it you don’t support any league of Ireland club?

Most Brazilians don't :)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Ethan Boyle (Finn Harps) and Gary Boylan (Sligo) to Shamrock Rovers. Don't know anything about Gary Boylan apart from he's a defender?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Yeah Boylan was talking to Shams a good few months ago coincided with him not as regularly featuring for Sligo Rovers. Decent player nearly went to UK a good few times had lots of close trials. Loves his GAA wonder if Shams let him play a bit more than Sligo Rovers did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Yeah Boylan was talking to Shams a good few months ago coincided with him not as regularly featuring for Sligo Rovers. Decent player nearly went to UK a good few times had lots of close trials. Loves his GAA wonder if Shams let him play a bit more than Sligo Rovers did.

Can’t see us letting him play bogball

Then you should monitor Belmullet GAA lineups :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

He's ok in a lot of positions but not outstanding in any. Being so versatile has probably harmed his development, he's never had a chance to learn a position. I think he's best as a holding midfielder. His best performance of this season came against Shams so maybe they're signing him off the back of that.

Yeah I'd have him defensive mid however not sure about Shams squad and where they see him. Hopefully someone has a clear idea for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Then you should monitor Belmullet GAA lineups :)
    endacl wrote: »
    u6Myn.jpg

I cant blame him for hanging around home...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Waterford fans are claiming that a statement about Akinade is forthcoming that will clear up a lot of things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Been a while since we had a good oul statement alright. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Waterford fans are claiming that a statement about Akinade is forthcoming that will clear up a lot of things

And what might "a lot of things" actually mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Oat23 wrote: »
    Been a while since we had a good oul statement alright. Looking forward to it.

Wonder will it be along the lines of Bray "North Korea" Wanders. Keep an eye on Waterford Whispers and The National Enquirer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

MrMac84 wrote: »

Wonder if it’s the same ‘statement’ bohs said they were releasing.

Regardless of what is said it does not change the fact of what he pleased guilty for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Ethan Boyle joins Rovers

Boyle is a good signing. Quick and strong decent on the ball.
    Madden was on the slide although could still do a job at a lower club.

Murray gone to Dundalk. Very good signing must be a replacement for McEleney or he can play up front too.

Derry signed 5 players

Gavin Peers
    Armin Aganovic
    David Hopkirk
    John Cofie
    Conor Agnew

Dean Clarke signing for Pats and Limerick supposedly signing Daniel Kearns

• Advertisement

The FAI is the FAI and we all know what they are like, but Im not sure they are entirely at fault here. Its a PFAI gig, surely all this should have been hashed out weeks and weeks ago, it seems like the PFAI had a word with the FAI last week to say they'll be turning up next week and the FAI said no they were never notified.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I back the FAI a lot of the times, particularly when I feel they are being blamed just because you need a bogeyman but this is despicable that they won't help unemployed people who've been playing in their league. Fair play to cx+ and the clubs for helping out.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

The fact that they are OBLIGED to use Abbotstown is the worst part.

Steven Beattie signs back with City for another season, delighted with that one he's been great for us the last two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

David Webster to Waterford

James Doona leaves Rovers. Played in midfield there but I think he'd be a great (second) striker

Bohs and St Kevins agree a 5yr partnership that will see them join up at U13 and U15 level.

http://bohemianfc.com/?page_id=11759

I back the FAI a lot of the times, particularly when I feel they are being blamed just because you need a bogeyman but this is despicable that they won't help unemployed people who've been playing in their league. Fair play to cx+ and the clubs for helping out.

Bit more here

https://talkofthetown.ie/pfai-squad-offered-use-oriel-park-matches/

Kenny on re- signing Mountney, Benson, McMillan ( and McEleney?) and after Murray signing.

"We may not add too many more players, depending on the re-signings. I feel the re-signings are more important than adding new players," he said.

Kenny is still hopeing to re-sign some of quartet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The fact that they are OBLIGED to use Abbotstown is the worst part.

Bingo!

Dundalk’s new home jersey is going to have to grow on me. At first look I can’t say I like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭eire4

Bohs and St Kevins agree a 5yr partnership that will see them join up at U13 and U15 level.

http://bohemianfc.com/?page_id=11759

Good move certainly from Bohemians point of view on first glance. It will be interesting with these kind of moves appearing more ( St Joseph's and Bray Wanderers) now who will court a partnership with Belvedere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement