Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=970510529772950&id=279080658915944&fs=5

Wasn't the club. As I mentioned the other day a certain someone probably threw his toys out of the pram again.

Is the Limerick FC thread gone from boards now too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

"I don't have time to deal with the ridiculous threats of some thin-skinned numpty whose mammy never taught him that sticks and stones may break his bones, but names will never hurt him"
    :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Is the Limerick FC thread gone from boards now too?

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057699939/32

Still there. Just don't mention he who shall not be named or those who own the MF, might get scared and send you some solicitors letters.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    "I don't have time to deal with the ridiculous threats of some thin-skinned numpty whose mammy never taught him that sticks and stones may break his bones, but names will never hurt him"
    :pac: :pac:

Which is funny because he had a pop at some fans using a business Facebook page for the markets field and then had words with them after the Galway game and then throws his toys out of the pram threatening to take legal action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

CHealy wrote: »
    Johnny Dunleavy signs back with City for another year. For the lad himself, I really really hope that he gets a bit of luck this season and can see it out. Before the Limerick game last season, he was playing the best football Iv seen him play. We essentially lost three starters mid season, Maguire, O'Connor and Dunleavy. People forget that.

An opposition player I've always admired. Was very close to signing for Dundalk in 2012 under Sean McCaffrey but had the good sense not too and signed for a far more stable Cork. Would have loved to have him at Oriel as he would have been an excellent fit. Hopefully it works out this season for him apart from a few stinkers against Dundalk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Which is funny .

The part I quoted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Amirani wrote: »
    Agreed - never seemed up to much at UCD. At the start he seemed the weak link in a couple of really great Dundalk sides, but he's come on a lot to be a top LOI player. Can see his style working out okay in Scotland.
    like wise with rovers. Was he not always spouting on about not wanting to play full time too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

PFAIOfficial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Ciaran O'Connor confirmed back to harps. Great to have him and McCourt in the first division

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Massive move in the WNL today, Áine O'Gorman is joining Amber Barrett at Peamount. Superb signing for Peamount, hard to see UCD doing well without her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I thought City had a real chance of RTE team of the year. Thought the usual suspects would be the main competition. Surprised that the show jumpers won it.

At any other time JC would have a real chance of manager of the year, hard to argue with O’Brien, but JC did have a great year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

joeysoap wrote: »
    I thought City had a real chance of RTE team of the year. Thought the usual suspects would be the main competition. Surprised that the show jumpers won it.

At any other time JC would have a real chance of manager of the year, hard to argue with O’Brien, but JC did have a great year.

Think the way the buzz drifted with us falling over the line took away any chance of us being a really "special" team, although the first half of the season was probably the best ever by a LOI team. Caulfield spoke well again, when his manager days are up I hope to god he has some involvement in the club, or even the running of the league, because its clear to see the passion he has for it. Whatever you may think of him, I dont think you could deny that.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

although the first half of the season was probably the best ever by a LOI team.

Hard to believe there's no award for that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Atrocity a bit harsh surely ?

@ExtratimeNews
    Follow Follow @ExtratimeNews
    The fixture list for the 2018 SSE Atrocity League of Ireland season will be released at noon tomorrow, Tuesday, December 19.

https://twitter.com/ExtratimeNews/status/942716169940865024

Hard to believe there's no award for that :rolleyes:

True, Double Champions will have to do I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/WaterfordFCie/status/942751782421303297

Good signing for Waterford.

Building a strong squad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

True, Double Champions will have to do I suppose.

Any opportunity to say it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

MD1990 wrote: »

Building a strong squad.

Money talks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Away fans will be glad to know, work has commenced on the building of a toilet block at the back of the St.Annes End at Turners Cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Meh! Away ends matter little in LoI!

First 7 fixtures have leaked for each club .

Just click on any teams badge on the LOI website

http://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/competition/premier-division/id-01UNBI99I0000000VUM100GLVSCQPIVT-G#clubs

Patww79 wrote: »

Lost a few alright, Vemmelund, McEleney, McMillan, Grimes (Barrett, O’Connor) probably loan out Carlton Ubaezuono by all accounts.

In: Stephen Folan, Patrick Hoban, Ronan Murray and Dean Jarvis. Not sure about Georgie Poynton.

Losing Kilduff and McMillan from last years starting lineup so I would think a forward ‘shy’ at the moment.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Bohs v Rovers first game of the season!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

GLaDOS wrote: »

That's gonna sell out.

That game will be at Tolka Park?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bray have Cork away on a Friday, then Derry away on a Monday. Bankruptcy for them!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

That game will be at Tolka Park?

We're still in Dalymount for this season, plans for the redevelopment have been pushed back

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Mirror image start to last year. Away to Bohs, home to Dundalk. Away to Sligo to finish.

Initially looking at the fixture list, I forgot that there are four games a side this season...

• Advertisement

Notice that week 10 is not a reverse mirror of week 1, that’s pushed back to week11. Week 19 is the same as week 1 and week 28 is the same as week 10

Haven’t noticed that before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

joeysoap wrote: »
    Lost a few alright, Vemmelund, McEleney, McMillan, Grimes (Barrett, O’Connor) probably loan out Carlton Ubaezuono by all accounts.

In: Stephen Folan, Patrick Hoban, Ronan Murray and Dean Jarvis. Not sure about Georgie Poynton.

Losing Kilduff and McMillan from last years starting lineup so I would think a forward ‘shy’ at the moment.
    Dundalk need to strengthen in several areas, defence, midfield especially, or they won't challenge this season imo. They won't get too many games out of O'Donnell with his history. Not near strong enough as yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Why so many "midweeks" again? With the league extended by a few weeks would have thought these would have been gotten rid of.

I see the title decider will be September 21st in 2018.

Also the league cup needs to be moved to an early season tournament. The final around the end of May. It only adds to the congestion at the end of the season by having games postponed in Mid September for it.

Derry have signed well despite losing players apart from Peers who is way past it.

Hale & McDonagh are two very good signings.

Be interesting to see where Greene ends up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Disappointed that 2 of the Rovers v Cork clashes are Mondays...
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

We're still in Dalymount for this season, plans for the redevelopment have been pushed back

And the next, and the next, the next, the next and most likely the next...:pac:

https://twitter.com/FinnHarpsFC/status/943162305214283776

Timlin signs for Harps after having a few drinks with the manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Timlin signs for Harps after having a few drinks with the manager

its why McGettigans have been great sponsors! New jersey sponsor this year but theyre staying on for a few things like this.
    tbh didnt expect timlin to sign, thought he'd go to the Irish League

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

And the next, and the next, the next, the next and most likely the next...:pac:

And then when they do move into Tolka they'll be there for an eternity. It'll be the 2030's before Dalymount is finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Does anyone know what the craic is with the Dutch 6th tier team paying for LOI sides to go over there in pre-season for a game? Do they have Irish links or something?

Derry were over last year so their fans might know something about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Oat23 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the craic is with the Dutch 6th tier team paying for LOI sides to go over there in pre-season for a game? Do they have Irish links or something?

Derry were over last year so their fans might know something about it.

Their chairman is an ex pro footballer, who ended up working in Ireland in the 80s.

He has loads of contacts over here.

We played them, Cliftonville too.

What's the name of them again? Shels went over years back too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

What's the name of them again? Shels went over years back too.

RKSV Leonidas from Rotterdam.

Yup that's the crowd we played a few years ago too. If memory serves me right, there's even a pendant from them in our bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Kevin Toner signing being announced by Pats today.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Those same lads played Wanderers a while back as well, going back ten years maybe.

https://twitter.com/ChrisForrester1/status/942590605095587841

Unlikely but maybe Forrester might return to the LOI

Kevin Toner signs a 2 year deal with Pats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

The property boys are deluded.

The CC don't seem to want to budge on selling the Carlisle and I can't imagine any property developer with half a brain will believe Mulvey's plans can ever come to fruition so why would they buy the club from him?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement