Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Can't see it lasting long. He who can't be named will sniff it out and get it shut down again.

Ah cnutface is he still sniffing around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Cork are set to sign Graham Cummins according to reports.

Would Cork fans be happy with him as Maquire's replacement?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

MD1990 wrote: »

Today's his birthday. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Source? This has been rumored awhile now

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Source? This has been rumored awhile now
    Irish Daily star

https://twitter.com/trevorcarey1982/status/946743780174172160/photo/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

I'd be delighted if it happens, as has been the rumour for a few weeks now. His record isnt great but in a much tougher league, so i think he'll have no problem scoring goals in this league, and the thought of his hold up play with Sheppard, Sadlier and McNamee running onto it is very exciting. Really hope it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Impossible to replace Seanie. We won't see his likes again in the LOI for a long, long time.

I'd be delighted to see Graham Cummins back. He was fantastic at City before his move to Scotland, and hopefully he will be just as good now, or even better. No City fan will ever forget that 94th minute winner at Tolka Park :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Impossible to replace Seanie. We won't see his likes again in the LOI for a long, long time.

I'd be delighted to see Graham Cummins back. He was fantastic at City before his move to Scotland, and hopefully he will be just as good now, or even better. No City fan will ever forget that 94th minute winner at Tolka Park :D

"Blow your whistle, ref!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Would be nice to see him do well in England but given his performance up against McCormack and Morrissey in the games against Cork this year could see him struggle in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

*Oldham are going backwards so it must be financially worth his while

*put it like this - City or Dundalk would fancy their chances if they faced Oldham in Europe.

He will be missed in Oriel (like Horgan, Boyle were and Seanie and O’Connor at City)

The league is definitely poorer for their going.

Nice looking stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I wouldn't be overly delighted if Cummins was the only striker signed. He was a very good player for us back then but not sure he's the type of player you hang your hat on trying to defend your title. I'd like to see him back but with some real quality competition for the striker position, unlike last season. If O'Hanlon was the only other striking option I'd be a little worried.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Cummins would be a great addition and will probably happen. Another striker would still be needed though.

Sule gone to Barnet. Big blow for Bohs

https://twitter.com/bfcdublin/status/947016688503017473

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

No City fan will ever forget that 94th minute winner at Tolka Park :D

What a moment that was. To lift the trophy with their colours on it in their ground was too sweet. But any Shel fan I have spoken to “didn’t really care” :D

Bottom of the football league. Seems a backwards step.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Ah ya, roll out the ol "obsession" comments when ya cant take a bit of guff.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Ah no not really. Most of what comes out of cork fans is about the misfortunes of another club somewhere. They thrive on it rather than looking at how good they have it themselves. I'd say it's more the mentality of the area rather than being exclusive to soccer.

What are you on about? I’m merely reliving one if the great moments of being a CCFC fan. And any Shel fan I spoke did say they didn’t care as they were promoted anyway.

But ya. Don’t let that stop you having a pop :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The standard of sides from mid-lower league 2 down are desperate having seen them up close over the last while. He'll be able to run under the legs of some of the giants that play in midfield there.

• Advertisement

Ah no not really. Most of what comes out of cork fans is about the misfortunes of another club somewhere. They thrive on it rather than looking at how good they have it themselves. I'd say it's more the mentality of the area rather than being exclusive to soccer.

U ok hun x x

Will ya go away outta that!! Ffs! We know we have it good. It would want to be good as we built it ourselves! And reliving that night like the lads are is exactly how all fans re-live those moments!

When Liverpool beat AC Milan on penos, when United “stole” the Champions League off of Barca, when JT slipped and Van Der Sar Saved Anelkas peno!

It’s why people love soccer for highest highs and lowest lows!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

RIP Seán McCaffrey.

He brought John Mountney, Chris Shields to Dundalk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Awful news. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Yes we all gather around once a week laughing at others misfortune.

You were right in one way about Cork 'obsession' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Corholio wrote: »
    You were right in one way about Cork 'obsession' :D

Sadder you went searching.

PhilipsR wrote: »
    Sadder you went searching.

Nah, didn't have to search far at all. I've commented specifically on here before that he pops in, has a pop at City and takes off again.

• Advertisement

You called Cork fans obsessed, I showed that quite a few posts you post here is generalising about Cork fans in particular, some repeated ****e about liking the misfortune of others and the 'mentality' of the area. Don't get too mad when you are shown for making unnecessary pops and for talking bollocks. A lot of banter can go back and forth but stuff like that is septic.

But anyway..

Sad to hear about McCaffrey's passing, he always seemed like a real football man. I never realised he was a founder member of Monghan United as well. RIP.

Corholio wrote: »
    You called Cork fans obsessed, I showed that quite a few posts you post here is generalising about Cork fans in particular, some repeated ****e about liking the misfortune of others and the 'mentality' of the area. Don't get too mad when you are shown for making unnecessary pops and for talking bollocks. A lot of banter can go back and forth but stuff like that is septic.

But anyway..

Sad to hear about McCaffrey's passing, he always seemed like a real football man. I never realised he was a founder member of Monghan United as well. RIP.

Then when I construct a proper argument there isn’t a peep!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Cummins confirmed.

Delighted. Reckon thats us now bar some squad fillers, really happy with that off season.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Sean Patton has left sligo (and was talked to by cork), going to play GAA. Be the second exLOI keeper in the Donegal Panel with Mark Anthony McGinley there too.
    Harps Departures - Killian Cantwell has signed for Cliftonville, Damien McNulty has gone to Carrick Rangers after 5 years with us. sad to see him go.

After all Darren Meehans talk of going to Belgium... hes signed for Longford...

RIP McCaffrey, good footballing man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Cork fans, has Tobi Adabayo-Rowling actually signed for ye or is the rumour in Sligo that he's gone home to UK and not returning true?

• Advertisement

red sean wrote: »
    Cork fans, has Tobi Adabayo-Rowling actually signed for ye or is the rumour in Sligo that he's gone home to UK and not returning true?

He was certainly officially announced a while back.

artworks-000252585554-8n9txk-t500x500.jpg

Word is he may not be a CCFC player anymore!

:confused:

Any idea what happened? Was his contract with Cork a 52 week one or did it just start yesterday?
    That rumours been doing the rounds here in Sligo for the last couple of weeks.

Any idea what happened? Was his contract with Cork a 52 week one or did it just start yesterday?
    That rumours been doing the rounds here in Sligo for the last couple of weeks.

Not a clue tbh.

What is being said in Sligo? Just what you said or is there a "story"?

No story, just that he's not returning after Christmas. Tbh I don't think many believed it.

• Advertisement

Seanie hit the ground running when he moved to Preston, but Kevin O'Connor has outshone him now, winning 1million euro in the National Lotterys Christmas Draw.

Delighted for him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Daphne Polite Bedding

Achille Campions gone to Linfield on loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Seanie hit the ground running when he moved to Preston, but Kevin O'Connor has outshone him now, winning 1million euro in the National Lotterys Christmas Draw.

Delighted for him!

Kev will probably give Seanie half there great buddies. Seanie making good progress on his recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

http://www.waterfordfc.ie/blues-sign-exciting-prospect-feely/

Can any Pats fans shed some light on what we are getting as a player here please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

http://www.waterfordfc.ie/blues-sign-exciting-prospect-feely/

Can any Pats fans shed some light on what we are getting as a player here please?

He made a ton of mistakes as a center back for us last year in the first half of the season and didn't play much in the second half of the season. Lots of poor decision making.
    But he is a very good athlete and passer of the ball. He also doesn't see himself as a center back either so he could have been played in the wrong position with us. He has potential certainly but he really needs to improve his decision making.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement