Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Ryan Delaney on loan to Waterford is the new talk. For all Steven Hunts talk of making sure he stays in England for the good of his career (it is uncertain does he mean Delaneys or his own). However the theory is he will only be at Waterford until June when his Burton contract expires and will then be moved in to Swindon on a free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Harps have the best player signings. A few weeks ago there was the lad signed at a hotel after having a few beers with Ollie and now they've signed someone at McDonalds.

https://twitter.com/FinnHarpsFC/status/948679728147308544

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

bot43 wrote: »
    Ryan Delaney on loan to Waterford is the new talk. For all Steven Hunts talk of making sure he stays in England for the good of his career (it is uncertain does he mean Delaneys or his own). However the theory is he will only be at Waterford until June when his Burton contract expires and will then be moved in to Swindon on a free.

That poor lad is going to have his heart broken because of Stephen Hunt, why he took that eejit on as an agent is beyond me. However, he's definitely not Championship standard and its clear Burton want rid, so I think he'd be better off playing LOI football for a couple more years and see if he progresses to a stage where he's good enough to go back over then, more likely that Hunt will bounce him around numerous clubs in England and he falls off the planet. Had a great 2 months for us last season but was average before and after, his distribution is one of the worst Iv seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Oat23 wrote: »
    Harps have the best player signings. A few weeks ago there was the lad signed at a hotel after having a few beers with Ollie and now they've signed someone at McDonalds.

Any they took the picture on a Nokia 3310 I assume

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

CHealy wrote: »
    That poor lad is going to have his heart broken because of Stephen Hunt, why he took that eejit on as an agent is beyond me. However, he's definitely not Championship standard and its clear Burton want rid, so I think he'd be better off playing LOI football for a couple more years and see if he progresses to a stage where he's good enough to go back over then, more likely that Hunt will bounce him around numerous clubs in England and he falls off the planet. Had a great 2 months for us last season but was average before and after, his distribution is one of the worst Iv seen.

Delaney scored some headers & has good stats because of Cork being good defensively.

I don't rate him at all. Way off Championship level.

I like Delaney a lot. His distribution is shocking, but his actual defensive play I think is very good. He is still a kid so has lots of room to improve.

Unfortunately as mentioned he has an agent who is more interested in his own bank balance than his player (aren't they all I guess?). And apparently Delaney has a contract with him, so he cannot sack him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Limerick searching for a new manager again. Neil Mcdonald took the assistant job at Scunthorpe.

Now we've no players or manager and pre season is today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Iang87 wrote: »
    Limerick searching for a new manager again. Neil Mcdonald took the assistant job at Scunthorpe.

Now we've no players or manager and pre season is today.

Probably the smartest decision he's ever made. Club is going nowhere fast apart from the first division.

What is going on at that club at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Pre-season starts today and Limerick have 13 players, three of which are goalkeepers with the remaining ten consisting of a few Under-19's, and no manager.

Has Neil McDonald seriously been spending his holidays in talks with Scunthorpe while earning a wage from Limerick rather than recruiting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Like it. :)

July signings at an ice cream van in Bundoran?

Pre-season starts today and Limerick have 13 players, three of which are goalkeepers with the remaining ten consisting of a few Under-19's, and no manager.

Has Neil McDonald seriously been spending his holidays in talks with Scunthorpe while earning a wage from Limerick rather than recruiting?

Dont think Tommy Holland has signed for this season. Squad so far is:

Goalkeeper:
    Brendan Clarke
    Freddy Hall

Defenders:
    Tony Whithead
    Barry Cotter
    Killian Brouder
    Shane Tracy

Midfielders:
    Shane Duggan
    Cian Coleman
    Henry Cameron
    William Fitzgerald
    Daniel Kearns

Strikers:
    Chedozie Ogbene
    Danny Morrissey

That defence would leak goals in junior football.

I thought Ogbene was a season long loan from CCFC no?

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think Limerick might have to sell Ogbene now. At least McDonald wages now won't have to be paid.

Buckley rejoined Bohs. Good signing.

I thought Ogbene was a season long loan from CCFC no?

:)

2yr loan deal with the option to flog him to the highest bidder during the off season

2yr loan deal with the option to flog him to the highest bidder during the off season

With Cork City and his schoolboy clubs getting the majority of the cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

MD1990 wrote: »
    I think Limerick might have to sell Ogbene now. At least McDonald wages now won't have to be paid.

Buckley rejoined Bohs. Good signing.

Apparently Limerick owe people around Limerick the bones of €250,000, transport, security, food, facilities etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

They could have an Asterix next to their name before long if they can’t get on top of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    They could have an Asterix next to their name before long if they can’t get on top of that

Apparently there is an offer in for the club for 1€ but includes clearing the debt allegedly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Apparently Limerick owe people around Limerick the bones of €250,000, transport, security, food, facilities etc

Sure they can just shut the club down and start again.

Again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Any mention of who is the early front runner for the Limerick job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Waiting for a tweet similar to Athlones the other day... open training session for potential new players "bring boots"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Is it too late for JP to save the day !

Betsat will save them... expecting an influx of Eastern European and Turkish players any day now.

Betsat will save them... expecting an influx of Eastern European and Turkish players any day now.

Still waiting for the Greeks to come save us.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/limerick-fcs-cunning-plan-to-coax-greek-players-to-shannonside-686588.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Or the Mongolian lads!

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/sport/257443/limerick-fc-announce-innovative-partnership-with-mongolian-football-federation.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

as bad as it was before (more than one in a pub), that one was plain embarrassing...
    any galway fans care to comment on him? Although doesnt look like he got much senior time.

Shane Blaney (who was signed for this year) is off to Doncaster, was just starting to break into the senior team. With P. Mailey, McNulty, Cantwell all off to the Irish league we look very light at the back. Cowan should be back... but after a year lay-off

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Sure they can just shut the club down and start again.

Again.

My god Shel fans are the bitterest most tiresome brigade I have ever come across.

FTA :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

overshoot wrote: »
    as bad as it was before (more than one in a pub), that one was plain embarrassing...
    any galway fans care to comment on him? Although doesnt look like he got much senior time.

Shane Blaney (who was signed for this year) is off to Doncaster, was just starting to break into the senior team. With P. Mailey, McNulty, Cantwell all off to the Irish league we look very light at the back. Cowan should be back... but after a year lay-off

Ye also spelled his name wrong in it. He was very poor for us, light, poor workrate and just not good enough. He has pace and a decent touch, maybe with more game time and a level less than the Prem he may be of some use but I wouldn't hold your breath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

My god Shel fans are the bitterest most tiresome brigade I have ever come across.

FTA :rolleyes:

Truth hurts?

• Advertisement

Speaking of Shels fans, is that boycott still in place for the coming season?

Speaking of Shels fans, is that boycott still in place for the coming season?

At present, yes.

You'd think the BoM would have woken up after 12 months but sure... Away games solely again this season it seems.

At present, yes.

You'd think the BoM would have woken up after 12 months but sure... Away games solely again this season it seems.

Are fellas actually not turning up or is it just a case of not standing as a group in the new stand?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Are fellas actually not turning up or is it just a case of not standing as a group in the new stand?

Fellas haven't been turning up for a long while. Boycott or no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

No home support? I’d give it a lot less than 10 years.

Druncondra tenants of Tolka at one point, where are they now?

Large group of lads not turning up which then obviously knocks off their mates attending who would have maybe went to a couple of games a year. It's grim seeing pictures of home games and how bare the New Stand is at home games (even the boycott it wasn't great but it looked to be near empty in 2017).

Patww79 wrote: »

The club won't exist in 5-10 years with the current BoM in charge so it's much of a muchness.

joeysoap wrote: »

Druncondra tenants of Tolka at one point, where are they now?

Their main pitch/clubhouse is opposite Tolka (at the ticket office). Their LSL teams play out of local all weather pitches elsewhere afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Ye also spelled his name wrong in it. He was very poor for us, light, poor workrate and just not good enough. He has pace and a decent touch, maybe with more game time and a level less than the Prem he may be of some use but I wouldn't hold your breath.
    Cheers,See how he goes, had a thought that with ye going down too you might have looked at him again if he was useful.
    In fairness if anyone will drag workrate out of someone its Ollie so ill keep some hope that that can be sorted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

At present, yes.

Has the 1895 Trust just disappeared? Seemed to be a very positive step at the start, but there's been very little from them on their social media pages in recent times and their website looks to be gone.

At least when City fans boycotted during the Coughlan days, there was an outlet in donating to the supporters' trust to ensure money wasn't lost to the club in the long run, while keeping it safe from Coughlan. We had a hardship fund as well, which eased the blow for financially struggling players not getting paid their full wages, so people were happier to boycott matches/merchandise etc. and donate it to the trust instead, knowing they could still help out the players in the short term and the club in the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Bray re signed a few decent players
    Big boost keeping McCabe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Nice to see the signings but you have to wonder where the guarantees are coming from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Nice to see the signings but you have to wonder where the guarantees are coming from.

Kim Jong Un?

Hes involved in most North Korean affairs.

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Has the 1895 Trust just disappeared? Seemed to be a very positive step at the start, but there's been very little from them on their social media pages in recent times and their website looks to be gone.

At least when City fans boycotted during the Coughlan days, there was an outlet in donating to the supporters' trust to ensure money wasn't lost to the club in the long run, while keeping it safe from Coughlan. We had a hardship fund as well, which eased the blow for financially struggling players not getting paid their full wages, so people were happier to boycott matches/merchandise etc. and donate it to the trust instead, knowing they could still help out the players in the short term and the club in the long term.

I wish that was the way with The 1895 Trust. I'm actually on the current 1895 Trust Committee and was on the founding committee all those years ago. The boycott has actually gone against the Trust as the matchday presence of the Trust has partially gone as some of the Committee (including myself) are boycotting along with some of our members. There's also a divide among fans over the boycott which has made getting new members difficult. Still around though and still working in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Fitting that the Bray player's contracts are just blank pieces of paper.

https://twitter.com/srfconor/status/949332208942239744

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Will we be expected to feel sorry for these lads in three months time when they're not getting paid?

Seriously, why would you sign for them now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

I wish that was the way with The 1895 Trust. I'm actually on the current 1895 Trust Committee and was on the founding committee all those years ago. The boycott has actually gone against the Trust as the matchday presence of the Trust has partially gone as some of the Committee (including myself) are boycotting along with some of our members. There's also a divide among fans over the boycott which has made getting new members difficult. Still around though and still working in the background.

Great to hear it's still going. Hopefully ye can prove to be the safety net for Shels that FORAS was for City during during our hard times.

I actually think ye have a tougher time ahead than we did in 2008 and 2009. We had a single enemy to all unite against by rowing in behind FORAS. People used to say that the biggest membership drive we had was Tom Coughlan. Every time he opened his mouth, a few new members would join after listening to the ****e he was spouting. Due to split opinion, Shels don't seem to have that common enemy. Things also massively blew up in a relatively short space for us, so people just reacted instinctively. With ye, it just seems to have dragged out over a longer period of time, wearing people down. Death by a thousand cuts.

Hopefully things turn out okay for ye in the long run, whatever happens. Things haven't been perfect at City, but the governance model of FORAS, which the 1895 Trust is also based on, is sound and the fairest way to run things, imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement