Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

bot43 wrote: »
    I hope Galways strength and conditioning guy is full time. Robbie Williams looks a few stone overweight.

He should be a decent signing for them. Overall a good player but very prone to crazy lapses in concentration.

I thought he was a coach first from the picture!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Oat23 wrote: »
    Or they could just get promoted this season? :D

They have a decent side and are favourites for the league.
    Either way they likely spend one season in the first division. One instance allows them two seasons of paying 1st Division wages. Use the extra cash to try to stay up when they do come back up. It'll be difficult for any club getting promoted into a ten team league.

It's not an ideal situation, but hardly the end of the world either. They may not even be relegated this year if they're in the premier. Limerick are an unknown as yet and we are heavily reliant on a lad who hasn't done anything of note since leaving Liverpool some years ago..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

joeysoap wrote: »
    What I was told referred to the east or town end. I think you are right about the number of entrances and capacity. I think irishmale is right in that the Carrick Road end is basically access to the youth development centre ( going to seriously have to think about a name change there)

Nobody is saying what Peak6 are bringing to the table,but let’s hope it’s an upgraded stadium.

Fwiw the main stand in Oriel is now over 50 years old, Gerry Matthews put a new roof and new side panels on it a few years ago, before that it was looking a bit sad.

Sounds like a H&S crowd issue. The capacity of Turners Cross is also reduced because of the number of exits available which doesn't meet recent changes to regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Yeah, think it’s a H&S issue. Even the aviva is not easy for admission, you do an awful lot of walking around the streets if your in the east stand before the officials let you up the entrance walkways to the ground. The might be to do with local residences or maybe only football matches (not rugby) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Has Lee j Lynch signed back with Limerick?

Not in squad on saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

MD1990 wrote: »
    Has Lee j Lynch signed back with Limerick?

Not in squad on saturday.

Nope

Waterford announced that their friendlies against shels and cabo at home will be €10 entry for adults and €5 for children with no free entry for season ticket holders. Out of curiosity what is your clubs charging for friendlies? Is this the norm? Seems a bit steep to me but it's been so long since we've been a premier team I've forgotten was it always like this.

Dundalk playing Cabo tomorrow. €5 reduced entry announced.

Brentford B next week, no prices announced yet.

O’Donnell out for a few weeks, Hoban and Jarvis also missing.

Drogheda and City matches also in Oriel before league starts (both competitive)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I hope Galways strength and conditioning guy is full time. Robbie Williams looks a few stone overweight.

He should be a decent signing for them. Overall a good player but very prone to crazy lapses in concentration.

He has been good ever since he came to the LOI. He has work to do in the next month no doubt, but he already has shown that he will be an important part of the team, with how he's been organising people around him in training and in the 45 mins v Limerick.

Him plus Tadhg Ryan behind him in goals should give us an excellent base to work from at the back. I would have worried before we signed Williams, but now I'm hopeful that our wing backs can push forward regularly and along with the rest of the attack cause teams serious problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Yeah, think it’s a H&S issue. Even the aviva is not easy for admission, you do an awful lot of walking around the streets if your in the east stand before the officials let you up the entrance walkways to the ground. The might be to do with local residences or maybe only football matches (not rugby) ?

You've only got to do a lot of walking to get to the east stand if you really don't plan ahead and approach from the complete opposite end of the ground, otherwise its fairly simple to get to. Entrances to the ground are the exact same for football and rugby

• Advertisement

D14Rugby wrote: »
    You've only got to do a lot of walking to get to the east stand if you really don't plan ahead and approach from the complete opposite end of the ground, otherwise its fairly simple to get to. Entrances to the ground are the exact same for football and rugby

With a user name of D14Rugby you obviously know the area much better than me :). And of course it does depend where you are starting from: in our case the Ballsbridge Hotel. Directed up (Shelbourne Road?) then Bath Avenue (passed the Bath pub anyway)all the way to the Dodder, a little stretch along the river then in by the training ground. Seemed to be walking around the stadium forever, but we were probably starting at the wrong end.

Dundalk playing Cabo tomorrow. €5 reduced entry announced.

Brentford B next week, no prices announced yet.

O’Donnell out for a few weeks, Hoban and Jarvis also missing.

Drogheda and City matches also in Oriel before league starts (both competitive)

Dundalk just can't rely on O'Donnell to stay fit.

Need another CM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Dundalk just can't rely on O'Donnell to stay fit.

Need another CM.

They also have Shields, Benson, Chvedukas and Poynton this year with some more signings expected

Derry 0-0 with Sheriff last night.

As I said last year LOI Clubs some training every day should be way ahead of the non league clubs

in 2017

Wexford 1-2 Crumlin
    Crumlin 1-3 Dundalk
    Portmarnock 0 -2 Pats
    Killester 3-3 Galway
    Cabinteely 0 -1 Bluebell
    Shamrock Rovers 1-0 Glenville
    Shamrock Rovers 4-2 Bluebell
    Bangor 0 -1 Longford
    UCC 1 -1 Cork
    Pats 1 - 0 Bluebell
    Drogheda 7-1 Cobh Wanderers
    Sheriif 0 -0 Derry
    Lucan 1-0 Shamrock Rovers
    Malahide 1-2 Bohs
    Pats CY 2-4 Dundalk
    Thomastown 1-0 Rovers (19s basically)
    Firhouse Clover 1-0 Longford
    Pats 2-1 Firhouse
    Dundalk 6-0 Thomastown

Not many hammerings there at all.

Derry 0-0 with Sheriff last night.

As I said last year LOI Clubs some training every day should be way ahead of the non league clubs

in 2017

Wexford 1-2 Crumlin
    Crumlin 1-3 Dundalk
    Portmarnock 0 -2 Pats
    Killester 3-3 Galway
    Cabinteely 0 -1 Bluebell
    Shamrock Rovers 1-0 Glenville
    Shamrock Rovers 4-2 Bluebell
    Bangor 0 -1 Longford
    UCC 1 -1 Cork
    Pats 1 - 0 Bluebell
    Drogheda 7-1 Cobh Wanderers
    Sheriif 0 -0 Derry
    Lucan 1-0 Shamrock Rovers
    Malahide 1-2 Bohs
    Pats CY 2-4 Dundalk
    Thomastown 1-0 Rovers (19s basically)
    Firhouse Clover 1-0 Longford
    Pats 2-1 Firhouse
    Dundalk 6-0 Thomastown

Not many hammerings there at all.

Doesn't always happen that way. Managers trying to give as many players game time as possible and players out of position etc. Strikers on trial trying to bust the net from 40 yards instead of playing a ball to a player in a better position. Guys not going at it full throttle in case of injury. Most clubs are using these matches to sharpen up and improve match fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

With a user name of D14Rugby you obviously know the area much better than me :). And of course it does depend where you are starting from: in our case the Ballsbridge Hotel. Directed up (Shelbourne Road?) then Bath Avenue (passed the Bath pub anyway)all the way to the Dodder, a little stretch along the river then in by the training ground. Seemed to be walking around the stadium forever, but we were probably starting at the wrong end.

Yeah you were directed around 3 sides of the ground pretty much but the quickest way to get there it to go the opposite direction from the hotel then there's a path along the river or if thats closed you just go first left after the river and then i think it is then first left after the dart line and you're there. Its a bit of a pain that they don't let people down lansdowne road all the time but sometimes youll get lucky there and a sound steward will let you through which saves loads of walking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

It's not an ideal situation, but hardly the end of the world either. They may not even be relegated this year if they're in the premier. Limerick are an unknown as yet and we are heavily reliant on a lad who hasn't done anything of note since leaving Liverpool some years ago..

The Brazilian playmaker on trial is meant to be class though. Apparently he only has one name like Ronaldo & Neymar. We're going to win the league if he signs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Limerick FC have joined the Women's National League, fair play to them. Hugely enjoyable league to follow.

The U17 and U19 fixtures announced and at a glance up I see the following ( both Northern Elite fixtures)

U17’s Weekend 18th March - Finn Harps - no fixture

U19’s Weekend 18th March - Finn Harps - no fixture

More good planning by FAI ?

Actually I see now that if the U17’s have no match neither do the U19’s

Strange as I would have thought that it might have given an U17 player a chance to play U19 if they had no match that weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Oat23 wrote: »
    The Brazilian playmaker on trial is meant to be class though. Apparently he only has one name like Ronaldo & Neymar. We're going to win the league if he signs.
    Don't talk too loud. Caulfield is lurking.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Don't talk too loud. Caulfield is lurking.

Ah don't worry, you'll get at least a season out of him anyway before we come calling.

:pac: :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Wilberto wrote: »
    Ah don't worry, you'll get at least a season out of him anyway before we come calling.

:pac: :)

Pfffft June window if he’s adapted to the league by then

I see the Casey family said they would welcome Oriel Park being updated to a 7000 or 8000 stadium. But would that not mean that the owners would be building a stadium that when the lease expires the casey family would then be able to own?

I see the Casey family said they would welcome Oriel Park being updated to a 7000 or 8000 stadium. But would that not mean that the owners would be building a stadium that when the lease expires the casey family would then be able to own?

Not unusual. Don't the FAI have a long term lease agreement with the IRFU for the Aviva otherwise it would not have received as much government grants.

new signing for Waterford

https://twitter.com/WaterfordFCie/status/956222026963935233

played in Belgium Top Tier.

Looks a very good signing.

So thats Paul Keegan, Bastian Hery, Gavin Holohan, Stanley Aborah and Faysel Kasmi for the midfield 3. Not sure if I'm missing any others but that's not a bad bunch to be picking from.

So thats Paul Keegan, Bastian Hery, Gavin Holohan, Stanley Aborah and Faysel Kasmi for the midfield 3. Not sure if I'm missing any others but that's not a bad bunch to be picking from.

Kasmi is a winger. Judging from highlights he plays off the right cutting in to his left foot.

Was at Waterford's friendly against Wexford. Holahan & Hery very impressive.

Kasmi is a winger. Judging from highlights he plays off the right cutting in to his left foot.

Was at Waterford's friendly against Wexford. Holahan & Hery very impressive.

Think he's more a central player who can play out wide. Going by transfermarket he's mostly played central.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Waterford's transfer window is like a more glamorous Athlone one from last season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

played in Belgium Top Tier.

Looks a very good signing.

With all due respect, but if he is that good why is he signing for Waterford? or will he find himself mysteriously being free transferred to the UK in June/July?

With all due respect, but if he is that good why is he signing for Waterford? or will he find himself mysteriously being free transferred to the UK in June/July?

I am only judging from Youtube highlights. Waterford seem to a have a big budget so maybe he is getting a much better wage.

Waterford look to be doing what Bray did last year but a key difference will be the crowds. I expect Waterford to have a 2,000 average attendance. 700 was at the friendly vs Wexford. Very good crowd for pre-season.

• Advertisement

Ah ya I get that. But if he played top tier in Belgium it is a massive climb down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Can he go anywhere without his brother?

Great news for Billy . He has some back up if things go wrong again

mark-osullivan-and-billy-dennehy-argue-after-the-game-752x501.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Limerick - Cork City past.
    Cork City - Cork City present (obvs!)

Sligo Rovers - Cork City future.

:pac:

The poisonous pair reunite again. Really bad business by Limerick. Probably wont last long there either.

mark-osullivan-and-billy-dennehy-argue-after-the-game-752x501.jpg

That was pretty funny looking back at it. Game was over, people leaving. From the corbner of mye eye I see them going at it. Anyone who saw it was shouting to Marky to KO Billy. Billy was never that popular with City fans. He was hated after this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Wilberto wrote: »
    Limerick - Cork City past.
    Cork City - Cork City present (obvs!)

Sligo Rovers - Cork City future.

:pac:

Its in our nature to have as many clubs as possible :cool:

O' Connor gone to fleetwood on loan from Preston

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I've a feeling it could be a very interesting year for Limerick fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Can someone please give me the name of that Limerick midfielder, a black lad and a good box to box player. I was very impressed with him the few times i saw him. His name has slipped my memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Can someone please give me the name of that Limerick midfielder, a black lad and a good box to box player. I was very impressed with him the few times i saw him. His name has slipped my memory.

Prince Agyemang?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

pjohnson wrote: »
    Prince Agyemang?
    Thanks. I think that's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Or was it Bastien Hery? He has now signed for Waterford if so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I am only judging from Youtube highlights. Waterford seem to a have a big budget so maybe he is getting a much better wage.

Waterford look to be doing what Bray did last year but a key difference will be the crowds. I expect Waterford to have a 2,000 average attendance. 700 was at the friendly vs Wexford. Very good crowd for pre-season.

Clubs banking on success and in return good gates... rings a bell :confused:

Clubs banking on success and in return good gates... rings a bell :confused:
    :confused: i mentioned Bray in the post you quoted & the difference.

Waterford had 700 at the Wexford friendly higher than most league league games at Bray last year & over 1000 at every home game in the 1st division last year.

• Advertisement

There is a feel good factor in Waterford at the moment after a dominant title winning 1st division season. If they dont hit the ground running in the premier this season those crowds will fritter away very fast as they have done historically.

I hope it does not go tits up for them. Nice to have another munster club in the PD. I just hope it does not go particularly well for them either :)

:confused: i mentioned Bray in the post you quoted & the difference.

Waterford had 700 at the Wexford friendly higher than most league league games at Bray last year & over 1000 at every home game in the 1st division last year.

Attendances are a results business for the most part but Bray were a bit of an anomaly if the likes of Sligo, Galway, Limerick or Waterford were third in the table and beating Dundalk away they would be averaging gates of 2,000 plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Attendances are a results business for the most part but Bray were a bit of an anomaly if the likes of Sligo, Galway, Limerick or Waterford were third in the table and beating Dundalk away they would be averaging gates of 2,000 plus.

Sligo Rovers average gates were around the 2000 mark anyway, regardless of the relegation dogfight we were in.
    Which is probably why we're in existence 90 years without any reincarnations!

red sean wrote: »
    Sligo Rovers average gates were around the 2000 mark anyway, regardless of the relegation dogfight we were in.
    Which is probably why we're in existence 90 years without any reincarnations!

Circa 1,700 according to this but your point is well made. Some interesting figures here. Bray really does stick out like a sore thumb.

http://www.extratime.ie/articles/20256/25-increase-in-crowds-for-league-of-ireland/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Of the first division only Waterford looks good for 2017. But looking at 2016 their average was 277. Therein lies the danger of relying too heavily on gate receipts.

Shells average is down 83 on 2016. Will this seasons boycott affect that further or is the boycott already in effect?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement