Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

joeysoap wrote: »
    Out of curiosity CH, where do you get the 7 years from? I thought City were in ‘existence’ since 1984?

also do you recall a post a few years ago where you had a post on programmers, ( Cork Celtic, Hibs etc) some terrific programmers in that post, would it be possible to post ithem again? :)

Thats what he would have defaulted to so I got in there before him :p Makes little difference to me btw, Id love to say Cork City have a big long history and so on, but Cork people being Cork people stubbornness and pride has ruined that chance multiple times. Iv been following Cork City since I was old enough to go with my Dad and theres never been a time where I havnt gone to the football, thats good enough for me.

Think this is what you are looking for:

http://www.corkpastandpresent.ie/cultureincork/sport/soccer/historicalmatchprogrammes/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Dundalk linked to Adorjan. Played with Liverpool reserves about 5 years ago.

Attacking midfielder playing in Albania now on loan from Novara.

Remember him at Liverpool. Good technically but lacks any sort of pace.

Ogbene gone to Brentford

https://twitter.com/BrentfordFC/status/958279042167394304

Interesting how he gets on. Ireland u21s should try call up & see if he will declare for Ireland.

MD1990 wrote: »

Interesting how he gets on. Ireland u21s should try call up & see if he will declare for Ireland.

He said a couple of years ago around the time of the City u19's run v Roma that he would only declare for Nigeria should it come to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

:(e
    AGC wrote: »
    The money Bohs had pales in comparison to what Rovers blew from Europe and what Dundalk won in Europe.

When was the league winning prize money hit 400k?

Mmmm , could be a bit out with my figure :o

Looks like €250,000 in 2008 (when you add in euro money closer to €500k)

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/eircom-league-clubs-to-share-2m-in-prize-money-351196.html

• Advertisement

CHealy wrote: »

Thanks CH, great stuff. Some terrific programmers in that post. :)

I was at the last match in the ‘old’ Oriel before they changed pitch direction, Dundalk 3 - 6 Cork Hibs. Funny the things you retain in your memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Ogbene gone to Brentford

https://twitter.com/BrentfordFC/status/958279042167394304

When did he leave Cork City? Must have slipped under the radar :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

bot43 wrote: »
    When did he leave Cork City? Must have slipped under the radar :)

January 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Us doing a Double after only 7 short years of "existence" is clearly cutting the Sligo army to the bone. Enjoy the season lads, I never enjoy when we play ye because the players lift their game trying to get that coveted move.

quite the opposite really, i was glad to see Cork finally get over the line, it is good to see success distributed among the clubs,

what I dont like is gloating at other clubs problems, we all either have them, or had them and will again, if they all folded then we wouldnt be left with much of a league

"coveted" thats a bit strong, i would have said lucrative , TBH players that only play for one game are not worth having around the club, that type of player has been our downfall over the last few years, a squad of fully committed players will bring success,
    good luck for the season,
    btw as a mark of respect we will try to roll over for the champions when they visit:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Oat23 wrote: »
    It's a very different situation this time round. There is far too much money involved now for Cork to make a balls of this club. Dundalk, Cork & Shams are going to dominate for a long time. A different club might have a great season now and again but their best players will be signed up quickly by the 'big 3' with the massive cash reserves they'll have built up from competing in Europe every year.

Cork for example will earn more than 50% of our entire running cost from 1 round of European prize money this season.

where there is a will there is a way, or maybe just Sligo are better at it than others;)

• Advertisement

It's a very different situation this time round. There is far too much money involved now for Cork to make a balls of this club. Dundalk, Cork & Shams are going to dominate for a long time. A different club might have a great season now and again but their best players will be signed up quickly by the 'big 3' with the massive cash reserves they'll have built up from competing in Europe every year.

Cork for example will earn more than 50% of our entire running cost from 1 round of European prize money this season.[/QUOTE]

With that revenue also comes the cost of travel keeping the UEFA delegate happy and re-fixing games if a team progresses beyond their first tie. There is a huge opportunity cost with being in Europe. I wonder did Derry make anything out of Europe this year?We seem to be the worst league in the world when it comes to re-fixing games for clubs that do well in Europe.

Cape Clear wrote: »
    With that revenue also comes the cost of travel keeping the UEFA delegate happy and re-fixing games if a team progresses beyond their first tie. There is a huge opportunity cost with being in Europe. I wonder did Derry make anything out of Europe this year?We seem to be the worst league in the world when it comes to re-fixing games for clubs that do well in Europe.

The Europa League is a bit of a guess on how much you might earn after all is said and done. 2016 was a fantastic year for City, a bus up to Linfield and 2 short flights to Sweden and Belgium, after all was said and done I say we kept 50% of the 700,000 prize money. Last year was a disaster, getting to Estonia and Cyprus took the majority of the prize money. Depends on the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

It's a very different situation this time round. There is far too much money involved now for Cork to make a balls of this club.

It’s the LoI.

It’s Cork.

Give it time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Pats fans - any sorrow that the Dennehys have departed?

The Europa League is a bit of a guess on how much you might earn after all is said and done. 2016 was a fantastic year for City, a bus up to Linfield and 2 short flights to Sweden and Belgium, after all was said and done I say we kept 50% of the 700,000 prize money. Last year was a disaster, getting to Estonia and Cyprus took the majority of the prize money. Depends on the draw.

There was also high security costs because Linfield were involved and I think some money needed to be spent on Turners Cross to satisfy the UEFA delegate. Factor in players bonuses and the pot is diminished quite a bit. The other big issue is the fall in gate receipts for re-fixed games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That's a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Not really. Billy had a decent end to last season but was poor for one and a half seasons. Darren was injured for almost all of last season and was dreadful in the few matches he played, wasn't great in 2016 either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

kksaints wrote: »
    Not really. Billy had a decent end to last season but was poor for one and a half seasons. Darren was injured for almost all of last season and was dreadful in the few matches he played, wasn't great in 2016 either.

I think Darren's last game was the opening night last year wasn't it, when he was sent off against Bray. He may have played a LSC cup match. Terrible player.

It's weird the way him and Billy come as a package.

Dundalk linked to Adorjan. Played with Liverpool reserves about 5 years ago.

Attacking midfielder playing in Albania now on loan from Novara.

Remember him at Liverpool. Good technically but lacks any sort of pace.

He’s not mentioned in the players training in Spain. But I don’t know the player in photo 5. Is that him?

http://www.dundalkfc.com/pictures-day-2-training-camp/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

He’s not mentioned in the players training in Spain. But I don’t know the player in photo 5. Is that him?

Not unless he's picked up a serious tan in Spain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Not 100% sure but 80% that thats a lad who works with my brother for Stat Sports.....does their stats etc. in the sports science side of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

monkey9 wrote: »
    I think Darren's last game was the opening night last year wasn't it, when he was sent off against Bray. He may have played a LSC cup match. Terrible player.

It's weird the way him and Billy come as a package.

Think so. Him and Peers at center back. Must have been one of the slowest pairings since the days of Jamie Harris and Dave Partridge.

No lol.

That isn't even a player. Member of the backroom team for pre-season from Stats.

Anthony Stokes released by Hibs.

11 goals in 21 games this season. Wonder would Rovers or Dundalk have the funds to sign him?

No lol.

That isn't even a player. Member of the backroom team for pre-season from Stats.

Not 100% sure but 80% that thats a lad who works with my brother for Stat Sports.....does their stats etc. in a the sports science side of things.

Not unless he's picked up a serious tan in Spain

:) thanks for replies, knew I hadn’t seen him before, :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Anthony Stokes released by Hibs.

11 goals in 21 games this season. Wonder would Rovers or Dundalk have the funds to sign him?
    Money talks. His carry-on is awful annoying though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I'd say he would score a serious amount of goals if he did come here, but his presence could disrupt a dressing room too you'd imagine.. plus he would probably on much bigger money than anyone else in the league.

The question is why? Why would you release a proven goal scorer ( they are only 2 points off the top half of the league)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

The question is why? Why would you release a proven goal scorer ( they are only 2 points off the top half of the league)

From Joe.ie :

"In November, he was dropped after a training ground altercation. This time around, it has been reported by Sky that he had broken curfew during their winter training programme and he has not played for the club since."

From The Edinburgh News

"The Irish striker has been exiled from the first-team squad since incurring the wrath of club management during the recent training trip to Portugal. His departure has been on the cards for the past three weeks, and head coach Neil Lennon, speaking at his pre-match media briefing at East Mains earlier today, had outlined his hope that Stokes – who has overstepped the mark with his bosses on more than one occasion this season – would depart by the end of the transfer window. A resolution has now been reached and the 2016 Scottish Cup final hero is now on the lookout for a new club. He leaves having scored 11 goals in 21 appearances this season."

Ill-discipline. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

and he has an assortment of convictions.....a perfect match for Bohs to takeover from last years beaut...

damemcd wrote: »
    and he has an assortment of convictions.....a perfect match for Bohs to takeover from last years beaut...

He'll be at Waterford next year if that's the case.

damemcd wrote: »
    He'll be at Waterford next year if that's the case.
    Words taken out of my mouth.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Rovers win 6-5 in a friendly on penalties in a dull 0-0 draw.

Still managed to squeeze in a first half red card for McAllister though so all is right with the world. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Words taken out of my mouth.

You all couldn’t be more wrong but I’ll say no more as the case cannot be discussed on here.

You all couldn’t be more wrong but I’ll say no more as the case cannot be discussed on here.

Why would an innocent man plead guilty?

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    Rovers win 6-5 in a friendly on penalties in a dull 0-0 draw.

Still managed to squeeze in a first half red card for McAllister though so all is right with the world. :cool:

How many reds did SR have in 2017?

Was there a fair play league in 2017? Didn’t hear of any winners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Didn’t saint Stephen win that??

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Apparently they scrapped that part of it. While the Fair Play League still exists, it's now competed/calculated on a league by league basis, with the prize money going to the winning association, to be spent on projects relating to fair play or respect.

So basically, that gives us all an incentive to play dirty etc, in order to ensure the money doesn't get into the hands of Delaney. :pac:

Source : Sky Sports 14/04/2016

If he was innocent we would be able to speak about it on here, simple as that.

Are you the same Waterford fan that was on another forum before Xmas claiming that there was a statement imminent that would clear up all of his troubles? Im still waiting to see that.

Why would an innocent man plead guilty?

You’re right about pleading guilty, it’s the crime everyone is wrong about.

• Advertisement

If he was innocent we would be able to speak about it on here, simple as that.

Are you the same Waterford fan that was on another forum before Xmas claiming that there was a statement imminent that would clear up all of his troubles? Im still waiting to see that.

There’s an injunction as he is in the process of suing many newspapers for incorrectly reporting on his crime, hence why the articles were taken down.

And no, that wasn’t me. The clubs hands are tied also, hence no statement. It’s illegal to discuss the details of an ongoing court case.

There’s an injunction as he is in the process of suing many newspapers for incorrectly reporting on his crime, hence why the articles were taken down.

And no, that wasn’t me. The clubs hands are tied also, hence no statement. It’s illegal to discuss the details of an ongoing court case.

Interesting to see what comes of that so. I know the saying goes innocent until proven guilty but seeing as this guy has already been found guilty, I'll say guilty until proven innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

My understanding was that the articles were taken down as he appealed under the "right to be forgotten" EU ruling.
    http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/files/factsheets/factsheet_data_protection_en.pdf

Interesting to see what comes of that so. I know the saying goes innocent until proven guilty but seeing as this guy has already been found guilty, I'll say guilty until proven innocent.

Guilty of a different crime that was reported incorrectly by newspapers, hence why the articles were taken down.

Adorjan on for Dundalk in a friendly.

Must be on trial.

My understanding was that the articles were taken down as he appealed under the "right to be forgotten" EU ruling.
    http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/files/factsheets/factsheet_data_protection_en.pdf

Right to be forgotten would simply hide it from search engines, not delete the articles themselves as far as I know.

Guilty of a different crime that was reported incorrectly by newspapers, hence why the articles were taken down.

Id be very interested to hear what the other crime is. Not saying you are wrong but we can only take this on what we know, and what you are saying (but not really saying anything at all).

Id be very interested to hear what the other crime is. Not saying you are wrong but we can only take this on what we know, and what you are saying (but not really saying anything at all).

Check your PM’s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Adorjan on for Dundalk in a friendly.

Must be on trial.

Very appropriate considering the surrounding posts!

red sean wrote: »
    Very appropriate considering the surrounding posts!
    He was on trial in Dundalk.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement