Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

1. City
    2. Dundalk
    3. Shams
    4. Derry
    5. Sligo
    6. Pats
    7. Bohs
    8. Waterford
    9. Bray
    10. Limerick

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Omackeral wrote: »
    Lads, what part of Bohs are too big to go down don't you get?

There's no chance of Bohs going down unfortunately :)

Bohs are the prime example of a midtable LOI side. Not hugely attractive to watch, especially when goalless at home to poor sides to the point that there is usually a point where Long is under threat, but recover to be dangerous away from home counter attacking winning 'surprisingly' at Cork, Dundalk and Rovers.

In a season ahead with a fair few unpredictable squads and teams, Bohs will be exactly the same as last year and the year before and the year before. Depending how unpredictable Sligo, Waterford, Derry and Pats are, there's no reason why they can't end up ahead of them in fourth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Dundalk
    Cork
    Rovers
    Pats
    Waterford
    Derry
    Bohs
    Sligo
    Bray
    Limerick

Think Dundalk will win it but be very close as usual. Rovers will be strong and will finish 3rd comfortably but just not strong enough to break the top 2 yet. Bohs made some good signings but the loss of Sule, O'Hora and Akinade will show, think we will start the season off with a win against Rovers, will have some good results but will slump mid season and drop the usual points against weaker teams and finish lower than last season.

Cup - Anything but Cork v Dundalk again, I enjoyed the trilogy but enough is enough :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

1. Dundalk.
    2. Cork City.
    3. Shamrock Rovers.
    4. Derry City.
    5. Waterford FC.
    6. St. Patrick's Athletic.
    7. Bohemians
    8. Sligo Rovers
    9. Limerick FC.
    10. Bray Wanderers.

1. Galway United.
    2. Finn Harps.
    3. Longford Town.
    4. Cobh Ramblers.
    5. Drogheda United.
    6. Cabinteely.
    7. Shelbourne.
    8. UCD.
    9. Wexford FC.
    10. Athlone Town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

joeysoap wrote: »
    Something that puzzles a lot of us. Maybe players looking for mad money now there are new owners (or knowing that at this late hour Dundalk really want/ need them ?)

Byrnes agent is Pat Devlin. He is the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Jose1

MD1990 wrote: »
    Derry could surprise people.

Big surprise here....

http://www.extratime.ie/matches/detail/33614/2/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Very good signing

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Delighted with that

If he scored the winner tomorrow it would be incredible :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Great to see the game is a sell out as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

lads can I ask something

why do people think waterford are going to do so well in their first season
    and how are Pats going to transform to a top 5 club

Since Pat’s made those summer signings last year which was the major reason for staying up, they were a top five club points wise in the second half of the season. It’d hardly be a huge transformation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Delighted with that

If he scored the winner tomorrow it would be incredible :pac:

Could end up in the Jimmy Aggrew school of cult heroes if he did

Delighted with this signing, bit worried about options up front but this solves that.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Very good signing

Is it? City, Shams and Dundalk all passed on him.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

bot43 wrote: »
    Is it? City, Shams and Dundalk all passed on him.

Rovers still wanted him by all accounts

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

1. Cork City
    2. Dundalk
    3. Shamrock Rovers.
    4. Derry City.
    5. St. Patrick's Athletic.
    6. Sligo Rovers
    7. Bohemians
    8. Waterford FC.
    9. Limerick FC.
    10. Bray Wanderers.

1. Galway United.
    2. Finn Harps.
    3. Drogheda United.
    4. Longford Town.
    5. Shelbourne.
    6. Cobh Ramblers.
    7. UCD.
    8. Cabinteely.
    9. Wexford FC.
    10. Athlone Town.

I shuffled D1 a good few times... really hard to call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Pats v Cork game on telly?

Is that a crazy concept?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Apparently offered a contract by Rovers. That's Cleary and Stokes that they've been outbid on in recent days. Good to see they're sticking to a rigid budget and not getting into bidding wars with clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭sidcon

doncarlos wrote: »
    Apparently offered a contract by Rovers. That's Cleary and Stokes that they've been outbid on in recent days. Good to see they're sticking to a rigid budget and not getting into bidding wars with clubs.

He signed for Bohs for less money that's guaranteed, we simply don't have it. It's the prospect of getting to play more football that he signed for bohs. The same reason he left leeds.
    After hearing what Bradley said about him he rang bohs and asked where do I sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

theteal wrote: »

Is that a crazy concept?

What do you mean "on telly"?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

bot43 wrote: »
    Byrnes agent is Pat Devlin. He is the problem.

Most agents are only in it for what they can squeeze out of it.

If he doesn’t want to sign I’d leave him. I’d guess SK has made the offer and it will stand until he signs or not. Maybe the length of contract is a sticking point point. Dundalk lost Hoban, Towell, Horgan Boyle, Finn and McEleney for exactly €0. I’d say they want a minimum 2 year contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

overshoot wrote: »
    1. Cork City
    2. Dundalk
    3. Shamrock Rovers.
    4. Derry City.
    5. St. Patrick's Athletic.
    6. Sligo Rovers
    7. Bohemians
    8. Waterford FC.
    9. Limerick FC.
    10. Bray Wanderers.

1. Galway United.
    2. Finn Harps.
    3. Drogheda United.
    4. Longford Town.
    5. Shelbourne.
    6. Cobh Ramblers.
    7. UCD.
    8. Cabinteely.
    9. Wexford FC.
    10. Athlone Town.

I shuffled D1 a good few times... really hard to call

Don't underestimate Cobh and Hendo, a moron but a very good manager. They will do well this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Don't underestimate Cobh and Hendo, a moron but a very good manager. They will do well this season.
    Completely agree on henderson, piped us to D1 in 2007.just felt those above had a bit more quality in the squad (*could have looked into it better tho)

theteal wrote: »

Is that a crazy concept?

Bohs v Rovers is on tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭Underground

Sorry if this question is a bit silly, but in relation to Stokes signing for Bohs, what is this "international clearance" that his signing is subject to? He's an Irish player returning from England to play for an Irish club, I would have thought there'd be little clearance needed there, or does it mean something else entirely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Sorry if this question is a bit silly, but in relation to Stokes signing for Bohs, what is this "international clearance" that his signing is subject to? He's an Irish player returning from England to play for an Irish club, I would have thought there'd be little clearance needed there, or does it mean something else entirely?

Think it's more to do with moving from one football jurisdiction (English FA) to another jurisdiction (FAI), just a registration procedure but could be totally wrong also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,051 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Saw the RTE trailer the other day for the new league starting.
    Well done clip, makes it look really good.

Problem is, there is at least 2 shots of flares being used. I love them, think they add to the atmosphere.

Pity their use gets your club a €1,000 fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Thought it was a €5,000 fine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Thought it was a €5,000 fine?

It used to be increase upon each recurring incident in a season iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

lads can I ask something

why do people think waterford are going to do so well in their first season
    and how are Pats going to transform to a top 5 club

Having one of the higher budgets from the 10 teams is my reason. Probably the 4th biggest at a guess.

• Advertisement

Its nothing like €1000 or €5000. I saw the fines CCFC paid last season and the amount was surprisingly low.

Shame there is any fine at all mind, but we could have a long argument about safety etc which is fair enough too.

Re standings this season - the premier will be made of up a few mini leagues. CCFC and Dundalk at the top which Shams will be in for a while before they drop into their own mini league with Derry for 3rd/4th. Bray and Limerick and in a mini league to see who goes down automatically. The remaining 4 - SPA, Bohs, Rovers and Waterford will be interchangable. Each could as easily finish 5th as 8th. IMO obviously.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Saw the RTE trailer the other day for the new league starting.
    Well done clip, makes it look really good.

Problem is, there is at least 2 shots of flares being used. I love them, think they add to the atmosphere.

Pity their use gets your club a €1,000 fine.

Almost as if the FAI want RTE to encourage fans to use flares & face a fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Very nervous about tonight.

Hopefully we beat Bohs, and get off to a winning start. Will be heading to Tallaght for the first home game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭srfc d16

sidcon wrote: »
    He signed for Bohs for less money that's guaranteed, we simply don't have it. It's the prospect of getting to play more football that he signed for bohs. The same reason he left leeds.
    After hearing what Bradley said about him he rang bohs and asked where do I sign.

What did Bradley say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

srfc d16 wrote: »
    What did Bradley say?

He said he wasn't fit enough (i.e. ready) for first team football.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭srfc d16

DvB wrote: »
    He said he wasn't fit enough (i.e. ready) for first team football.

I heard that alright but didn't think it was such a harsh comment that he would be ringing up another club asking where do I sign. I'ts pre season and he hadnt played in a few weeks. Stands to reason he lacks fitness.

https://twitter.com/RadioCleary/status/964472535160180736

stuff like this does Bradley no favours. Madden was a good player for Rovers. Although I do think he is on the wane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Good luck to everybody on the new season, as I said before we are a relatively small band of brothers, who are passionate about our teams.

I hope that guy who rings the bell at Pats gets a sore arm tonight from all the ringing he’ll have to do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

joeysoap wrote: »
    Good luck to everybody on the new season, as I said before we are a relatively small band of brothers, who are passionate about our teams.

I hope that guy who rings the bell at Pats gets a sore arm tonight from all the ringing he’ll have to do.

Nah, he might as well leave it at home as he won't be needing it...

:pac: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

The league put a promotional video for opening night on their page. There's about 2 seconds of music at the start then silence. #GreatestLeagueInTheWorld

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is there anywhere to view all teams new kits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Best of luck to all teams in the new season with the exception of Rovers, Bohs,, Dundalk, Cork, Waterford, Sligo, Derry, Bray, Limerick and Shels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

C'mon the Town, up and at them.
    Hope you all enjoy the coming season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Best of luck to all teams in the new season with the exception of Rovers, Bohs,, Dundalk, Cork, Waterford, Sligo, Derry, Bray, Limerick and Shels.
    Oh you're definitely getting knocked out of the cup by Athlone now

Very sneaky of cork to put waterfords allocation of tickets up for sale on ticmetmaster for anyone to buy. Waterford asked for an allocation of 500 and to be given to us to distribute fairly through the supporters club but no cork being cork they only gave an allocation of 350 and allowed a system to be put in place where now cork fans can by them. Pathetic from them really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Very sneaky of cork to put waterfords allocation of tickets up for sale on ticmetmaster for anyone to buy. Waterford asked for an allocation of 500 and to be given to us to distribute fairly through the supporters club but no cork being cork they only gave an allocation of 350 and allowed a system to be put in place where now cork fans can by them. Pathetic from them really.

So Waterford asked for 500 and got 350? Plus whatever extra the Blahs can buy on Ticketmaster? Sounds fair to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Pathetic! welcome to Premier division pal.

Cork City regularly fill TC, you did well to get 350 and the possibility of buying more on Ticketmaster.
    I can't remember the last side that brought 500 fans to TC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

City are dead right treating Waterford like that. Yer feckin visitors, acting like ye can demand 500 ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

and yes theyre off.........beginning to think the Town are even alri at this stage.Heading up to that artisan coffee shop Le Hut in Phibsborough for a few pre game Lattes now...

No you misunderstood my post. They gave the club 0 tickets. Just threw it up on their site that they're available to buy for anyone to get. So in theory cork could buy many seats that should be our fans. So yeah it is pathetic. Also could be a safety concern considering they are fine with cork fans mixing with the Waterford fans. The Waterford away section should be for the Waterford fans, can't see why anyone would disagree?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement