Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Played in England, Portugal, Cyprus, Thailand and Norway. He says he’s looking for a ‘new experience’ at Oriel.

He’ll get that all right :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

CHealy wrote: »
    in fact Id even go to say I can guarantee he'd be on more if he did go to Dundalk.

How can you guarantee?

Nobody relocates 300km from home for less money. I'm surprised you are still buying this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

doncarlos wrote: »
    How can you guarantee?

Nobody relocates 300km from home for less money. I'm surprised you are still buying this.

I don't think you understand what relocation means, he was in Cork and stayed in Cork, thats not relocation, now if he had moved to Dundalk that would have been relocation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Article on Paul Corry, who had to sadly retire a few months ago. The injuries he got almost in one go sound unreal and heartbreakingly unlucky.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/0220/942209-corry-doctor-said-its-one-of-the-worst-ive-seen/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,253 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Only catching up with this thread now, today looks to have been another fun day.
    This season really might be the best in a long time.
    Hopefully the football will match the quality of the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

If you are in the know...please present a list of first team salaries, bonuses etc. and the minutes taken during contract negotiations.

Hold on there, you've got that arseways. You're the one making the assertions, you back them up. One one hand, you're saying that City fans only know headline figures and wouldn't know for sure, but then the other, you're stating as gospel that Karl Sheppard's wages were doubled. How about you present the player's contract, bonuses and minutes from the negotiations to prove you're not talking sh*te?
    You can tell me all you want but you will never see these figures unless you are working on a daily basis at a very high level within the club or you are the club solicitor.
    Or a random Dundalk lad on Boards.ie, of course.
    As for claiming KS would have been on more in Dundalk.....only people who knows that are KS and his people because you or I dont know what he is on in Cork or what Dundalk offered him.

But you just said...
    Bottom line is Cork were caught cold, **** themselves when Kenny came out with the news and suddenly doubled KS money to keep him and promised to carry his legal fees should DFC go against him on the matter of the pre contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Patrick mcclean signed up for 2 years

https://twitter.com/sligorovers/status/966337111984148482

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

shanec1928 wrote: »

Apparently someone in the family is not well and he wanted to move closer to home. Best of luck to him, solid player and gave his all for the blues. Fantastic signing would have loved for him to stay.

Looks like a good signing by Sligo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

https://twitter.com/sligorovers/status/966409743622393856

Good to get some more defensive cover in at the last minute. Just a keeper needed now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Looks like 2 decent signings. The Scottish fullback has played in the SPL this season so hopefully he's up to it.

Hopefully the keeper from Chelsea is confirmed tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭pgj2015

shanec1928 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/sligorovers/status/966409743622393856

Good to get some more defensive cover in at the last minute. Just a keeper needed now

I assume hes not a central defender at 5'6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

overshoot wrote: »
    If he finds his wexford form of 2015... bugger. hopefully he sticks with his form since!

If he had better players around him with Wexford in the Premier I'm sure he would have scored more. He was involved in a lot of goals too. He hasn't played badly at all in NZ. Slightly better than a goal every 2 games. They were sorry to see him go even though he'd only played 22 odd games for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

D14Rugby wrote: »
    I don't think you understand what relocation means, he was in Cork and stayed in Cork, thats not relocation, now if he had moved to Dundalk that would have been relocation.

I don't think YOU understand what relocation means. He was travelling to Cork for work whilst living with his girlfriend in Dublin. He has moved to Cork full time and brought his girlfriend with him. If that's not relocation, I don't know what is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Don't really rate McClean surprised he got a 2 year deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

I don't think YOU understand what relocation means. He was travelling to Cork for work whilst living with his girlfriend in Dublin. He has moved to Cork full time and brought his girlfriend with him. If that's not relocation, I don't know what is

Shep has been living in Cork for quite some time. His mrs was living in Dublin so he was going up and down to see her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Ehm no he wasn't, hes lived in Cork for a good while now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Oat23 wrote: »

Makes up for the left full, you'd mistake him for one the u15s players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Oat23 wrote: »

You might let us know how those signings are doing. Just asking for my friend John.

Barry Maguire, former Dutch underage international is training with Limerick according to Andrew Cunneen.

http://www.waterfordfc.ie/vigouroux-duffus-join-blues-loan/

Waterford have signed Vigouroux and Duffus on loan.

Vigouroux was Swindon's POTY last year had discipline issuses but is a great signing. Duffus played u21 for Ireland & highly rated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

MD1990 wrote: »

Vigouroux was Swindon's POTY last year had discipline issuses but is a great signing. Duffus played u21 for Ireland & highly rated.

We didn't need a keeper though. The two we have are perfectly fine. Seems like a punishment for Vigouroux.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Isn't Vigouroux the fella who was at Liverpool and while on loan, paid out a fine in pennies or something like that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Sounds like Beavis and Butt-Head reincarnated

monkey9 wrote: »
    Isn't Vigouroux the fella who was at Liverpool and while on loan, paid out a fine in pennies or something like that??

Yeah the penny has finally dropped for him.:p

He can be a bit of a trouble maker it seems must be why Swindon have loaned him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

I would be worried looking from the outside in at Waterford.

Nutsy taking up a director of football role? Signing players who I believe can't work in the country? Taking on more troublesome players and outbidding other clubs on signings....

AGC wrote: »
    I would be worried looking from the outside in at Waterford.

Nutsy taking up a director of football role? Signing players who I believe can't work in the country? Taking on more troublesome players and outbidding other clubs on signings....

Fenlon's stepped down from that role tonight to become a consultant for Waterford owner Lee Power on worldwide projects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

monkey9 wrote: »
    Fenlon's stepped down from that role tonight to become a consultant for Waterford owner Lee Power on worldwide projects.

Apologies don't know why I said taking up director of football, meant consultant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Shocked no one signed Aaron Greene.

I know he is under contract.

But he can play anywhere along the forward line & even up front. He would make Dundalk,Derry & Rovers team easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

Cape Clear wrote: »
    You might let us know how those signings are doing. Just asking for my friend John.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lURf3jf9cbE

Dundalk loaning out the captain of their U19 side ( McGuill Cup holders) to Athlone until June. Should be an excellent signing for Athlone.

I often wonder how particular leanings come about, do particular teams make enquiries or do clubs advertise players for loan ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

joeysoap wrote: »
    Dundalk loaning out the captain of their U19 side ( McGuill Cup holders) to Athlone until June. Should be an excellent signing for Athlone.

I often wonder how particular leanings come about, do particular teams make enquiries or do clubs advertise players for loan ?

Is he available for them tonight. No idea what to expect against them as they've had pre season games cancelled and they've a squad full of Junior players mostly.

Some Bray players are still waiting to be paid according to Neil O’ Riordan.

Is he available for them tonight. No idea what to expect against them as they've had pre season games cancelled and they've a squad full of Junior players mostly.

Don’t know Ben, he was captain of the side the won that U19 cup and Carlton was the side. He has played (as has Carlton) for the 1st team. Good luck this year,

Added, I don’t see him on the team sheets

In the words of Stephen Bradley, I hope Cork absolutely batter Waterford tonight with Bastian Hery to have a stinker and get sent off :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

anyone able to point me in the direction of a live river for the SR vs DLK game tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

anyone able to point me in the direction of a live river for the SR vs DLK game tonight

You'll enjoy these two if you can't get a visual stream. Mad feckers but tell it like it is.

http://www.liveonlineradio.net/ireland/dundalk-fm.htm

Didn’t take Pats long. 1 min.

2 up now

You'll enjoy these two if you can't get a visual stream. Mad feckers but tell it like it is.

http://www.liveonlineradio.net/ireland/dundalk-fm.htm

Cheers for that.....any chance of a pint a harp outa Tom Clarkes??

Anyone know why Drogheda postponed, been a very cold day on the east coast but dry?

joeysoap wrote: »
    Anyone know why Drogheda postponed, been a very cold day on the east coast but dry?

Dodgy floodlights, ref deemed them unfit to play the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Anyone get a link for rovers Dundalk?

justshane wrote: »
    Anyone get a link for rovers Dundalk?

Doesnt seem to be anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

What is the story with games being streamed? Isn't there some betting site that does it or something to that effect?

4000 at Rovers and 6300 at Cork great attendances.

Cork already have a 4 point lead over Dundalk.

Rovers very poor tonight.
    Tagbajumi looked very good when he came on. Hogan very poor.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,253 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Bitterly cold down the X tonight. Stale first half but City pushed on in the second half for a fairly comfortable 2-0 win . Very good crowd from Waterford but they were the quietest away crowd for years or maybe the wind was blowing their noise away from the shed or something.
    Waterford were somewhat dangerous from a few set pieces early in the game but aside from that the only thing McNulty caught tonight was frostbite.

Nice to be top of the pile again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement