Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Mushy wrote: »
    Bray only have one hatch (two people in it) and then a van down towards the dart barrier. Was that not there? Can buy tickets online too if it helps for the next match there.

The van wasnt there. There are six hatches in the wall and only 1 & 2 were open. The were queues going right around the corner well past the Bray fans exit gate for a good 25 minutes before kick off and nothing was done to deal with it. No extra people added to deal with the queue, no delay in KO. Nothing.

bot43 wrote: »
    It amazes me how many or often some city fans attack families. I wonder is it the same guys or what? They must target the elderly. As these apparent assaults always involve an elderly person and or kids under 10.

There was trouble with Cork fans on the rampage outside Richmond last week. This isn't a go at Cork fans in general as these were only little scrotes who drink a couple of bottles and think they're in Green Street, but the club should definitely be aware of a certain element maybe latching onto a bit of success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

monkey9 wrote: »
    The van wasnt there. There are six hatches in the wall and only 1 & 2 were open. The were queues going right around the corner well past the Bray fans exit gate for a good 25 minutes before kick off and nothing was done to deal with it. No extra people added to deal with the queue, no delay in KO. Nothing.

They don't normally take cash at those hatches though. Very odd and very poor not to have something done.

Mushy wrote: »
    They don't normally take cash at those hatches though. Very odd and very poor not to have something done.

I've never ever paid money through those hatches. There's usually a van.

Fair enough if they're trying something different, but it was obvious from an early stage that the people queueing weren't going to get in in time.

By all accounts, they just ended up opening the big gates after 8pm and just collected the money there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

There was trouble with Cork fans on the rampage outside Richmond last week. This isn't a go at Cork fans in general as these were only little scrotes who drink a couple of bottles and think they're in Green Street, but the club should definitely be aware of a certain element maybe latching onto a bit of success.

Oh I definitely acknowledge we have “an element” and it seems to grow year on year unfortunately. The club is well aware of them too and do their best to keep these guys out of grounds. But the club can not keep these idiots from travelling and acting the asshole outside grounds.

I would be very very surprised and upset if I knew some of our fans were targeting young/old families. I’ll go so far as saying I have no doubt that the assertion made is an outright lie and the incident didn’t happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I wonder will THE BEAST FROM THE EAST affect any of the midweek games.

If they are on, make sure you all wrap up with plenty of layers, would be a cold stand for 2hrs in a LoI ground this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Oh I definitely acknowledge we have “an element” and it seems to grow year on year unfortunately. The club is well aware of them too and do their best to keep these guys out of grounds. But the club can not keep these idiots from travelling and acting the asshole outside grounds.

I would be very very surprised and upset if I knew some of our fans were targeting young/old families. I’ll go so far as saying I have no doubt that the assertion made is an outright lie and the incident didn’t happen.

I'm not trying to tarnish you all with the same brush as I acknowledged in another post we have our own dopes. But I can tell you this did happen. It's a family of three, the elderly gentleman, his son and grandson. They travel to all grounds supporting the team. I would not question their story as I know them not to be liars and they never had an issue like this before. I'd like to also say that I've been to cork many times and never had any issue as I said we were chatting away to cork fans in the pub before the game with zero issue.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I'm not trying to tarnish you all with the same brush as I acknowledged in another post we have our own dopes. But I can tell you this did happen. It's a family of three, the elderly gentleman, his son and grandson. They travel to all grounds supporting the team. I would not question their story as I know them not to be liars and they never had an issue like this before. I'd like to also say that I've been to cork many times and never had any issue as I said we were chatting away to cork fans in the pub before the game with zero issue.

Unfortunately, I would have no problem in believing your story. Those little scotes only need a glancing eye in their direction to kick them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Every club has them, unfortunately, but they are a tiny minority.

And yes,they come out of the woodwork with success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

That's nothing new at Bray. Remember a couple of years ago an identical ticketing shambles for Dundalk on the opening night of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/2018/02/25/official-singing-section/

Cork proposing fans paying 30 euro membership to join a singing section lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Very sorry to hear that

If anybody even took pics or anything maybe pass them on. Be glad see them never let inside a Stadium.

I have to say I know about 6-7 lads that go to away games and they cause trouble.

They hang out by that corner flag at Shed end. Caused same havoc in Derry last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

MD1990 wrote: »

The €30 is to cover the cost of laminated song sheets for each person I guess.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

It's on the back of a proposal made by some of the supporters, not the club themselves. The fans in question feel a designated singing section is a good idea. Dont think it is needed or that it will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Corholio wrote: »
    By 'their' I presume you mean that very specific small set of city 'fans'. Bit early in the season for all the silly one-upmanship on stuff that both sides had a tiny scummy element involved in.

It's one thing for thugs to be fighting thugs. Let them beat each other all they like.

It's another different thing to attack a family. That's been a thug full stop and should have bit of jail time with it.

It's total scum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

CSF wrote: »
    Thought we were an embarassment personally. Would have been stealing a point if we'd scored at the end.

Gutless was my keyword from Friday. Could be a long season ahead if Heary can't shake things up swiftly.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

Haha what a joke now their flayin it with this crap-to be honest I avoid the shed i prefer the donie forde or st annes end the shed is for youngfellas wth shaved heads and tracksuits

I wonder will RTE make everyone wait a week to see the highlights from the 5 games tonight & tomorrow or will they realise it's 2018 and that would be ridiculous when they can post them online...

As bad PR goes this is up there with the very worst. The proposed "singing section" is where the "singing section" has been in TX since forever.

Seems its a proposal from a fan group, the horrendously named Commandos 84, but the clubs statement does not make that clear and makes it seem like a club led initiative. Judging by the twitter replies and on the CCFC forum this will go no further.

Imagine asking people for €30 a year to sing at games! Idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

As bad PR goes this is up there with the very worst. The proposed "singing section" is where the "singing section" has been in TX since forever.

Seems its a proposal from a fan group, the horrendously named Commandos 84, but the clubs statement does not make that clear and makes it seem like a club led initiative. Judging by the twitter replies and on the CCFC forum this will go no further.

Imagine asking people for €30 a year to sing at games! Idiots.

Completely out of touch with reality from both C84 and the club to even entertain them, a PR disaster is right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Is it true that Bohs had a fundraiser for the rape crisis centre recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Oat23 wrote: »
    I wonder will RTE make everyone wait a week to see the highlights from the 5 games tonight & tomorrow or will they realise it's 2018 and that would be ridiculous when they can post them online...

The midweek games will get about 3 min in total on Monday. They will show the goals, no replays. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

The funds raised have been forwarded to the areas of greatest forcasted needs, that would be Waterford, Waterford and maybe Waterford

We'll reach peak #GreatestLeagueInTheWorld when he starts banging them in for Waterford and the "Scores when he wants.." chants start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Anyone know what condition the showgrounds pitch is in at the moment?

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Anyone know what condition the showgrounds pitch is in at the moment?

There hasn't been any rain since Friday so the pitch will be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Not a pitch I'd be worried about, usually one of the best in the league.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Great job done at the Brandywell.

Looks much better

https://twitter.com/ericwhite80/status/968168743535857669

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

No dog track?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Are the dugouts the same distance from halfway?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

overshoot wrote: »
    Are the dugouts the same distance from halfway?

Not for the first home match, :)

City out of the traps well again, 2-0 up after 10, hopefully we stay at 11 for the next 80

• Advertisement

Glorious start to the season again. Cummins really hit the ground running. I expect another 6500 in TX Friday where hopefully we can keep the perfect start going.

Bohs rarely roll over for us though so expect a very tough game.

Pats totally outplayed by Waterford tonight. We could have won by five or six we missed so many chances. Pats tried to play their way out of trouble time and time again and they're clearly not good enough to do it. Another goal of the season contender by the blues tonight as well. Hery's strike was simply stunning. 6 points from the first 9 not too shabby.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

good stuff from Rovers, 6-0 and goals for Carr and Kavanagh.

Glorious start to the season again. Cummins really hit the ground running. I expect another 6500 in TX Friday where hopefully we can keep the perfect start going.

Bohs rarely roll over for us though so expect a very tough game.

The weather will make a serious dent in the crowd I would imagine.
    Great start though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

No dog track?

It's still there, except it's been moved.

It's now behind where the camera was in those pictures.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Pats totally outplayed by Waterford tonight. We could have won by five or six we missed so many chances. Pats tried to play their way out of trouble time and time again and they're clearly not good enough to do it. Another goal of the season contender by the blues tonight as well. Hery's strike was simply stunning. 6 points from the first 9 not too shabby.

Pats don't win outside of Dublin

dfx- wrote: »
    Pats don't win outside of Dublin

Keep playing like that and they won't anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

dfx- wrote: »
    good stuff from Rovers, 6-0 and goals for Carr and Kavanagh.

Nice of Carr to show off the acrobatics too. Last Rovers player to celebrate that way was Noel Hunt apparently, if we've another player of Hunt's quality on our hands I'll be very happy

A really disappointing and lacklustre performance from Pat's. We were second best to everything tonight, not at the races at all. No arguement whatsoever that Waterford deserved the three points.

We were a bit better in the second half but that was to be expected after our dire first half and the fact that we were one down. Hery's goal was an absolute cracker. I knew it was going in, as i'm sure he did, as soon as it left his foot.

Big game at home to Sligo now on friday, weather permitted.

Waterford very good last night. Akinade was immense last night destroyed Pats defence & should have had a goal. Along with Hery they are clearly the most important players for Waterford.

Cummins seems a brillant signing for Cork. Looks like they will run away with the title again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Yeah City gonna walk the league this year

next player cork city should buy from sligo = rhys mccabe, great little player, only sligo player of any use last night.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    next player cork city should buy from sligo = rhys mccabe, great little player, only sligo player of any use last night.

Really? He was shocking last night. Topped off a terrible game by getting himself a red at the end. His corners were absolutely dire.

Didn't play well in the other two games either. A shadow of the player we seen last year but hopefully he finds form again.

How is Morgan getting on so far?

Re McCabe, I think we were in for him in the close season but he signed a new deal at Sligo.

Any talk of us running away with anything is miles off the mark. We have had a great start, but thats all it is, a start. We have Bohs friday who are something of a bogey side to us. Then away to Dundalk and home to Shamrock the week after.

Ill be delighted if we are still top after that run of games.

Even though I think Dundalk are a far better side than Shamrock, I feel the latter have our number somewhat and certainly do not fear us. Caulfield is very clearly in Kennys head.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Really? He was shocking last night. Topped off a terrible game by getting himself a red at the end. His corners were absolutely dire.

Didn't play well in the other two games either. A shadow of the player we seen last year but hopefully he finds form again.

He still stands out as a player who is very comfortable on the ball, good passer, and worked hard to win back possession as well, most of the other sligo players were a disgrace.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement