Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Lee J Lynch stated on the Limerick FC Podcast that his next move would be announced in two or three weeks, not in the League of Ireland.
    Heard from a friend that he's going Stateside.
    FC Arizona add former Limerick FC star to their roster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What kinda money would those clubs be paying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Must be decent money, he also supposdly had offers in Asia and they offer decent money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭pgj2015

another goal for seanie tonight v bristol city. I think he is going to outgrow preston and maybe get a move to the premier league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

pgj2015 wrote: »
    another goal for seanie tonight v bristol city. I think he is going to outgrow preston and maybe get a move to the premier league.

I'd wait a bit longer before saying that really, for his sake pressure wise as well. Scoring as sub is sometimes a funny thing and can hit patches with it. I'd wait until he's scoring regularly starting but his finishing insinct is still razor sharp from the goals he's got lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Needs more time to decide that.

Remember Chris Forrester being linked to a move to the PL a while back. Now struggling at Peterborough by all accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Completely agree. I want city to win on Friday. Having a notion of preferably losing now rather than later is complete pie in the sky stuff or vice versa.

I also want to beat them at the end aswell.
    And twice in between too.
    And in any cup game.
    That goes for the other teams too.
    Think that's enough targets for now.

You're missing the point completely sham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

MD1990 wrote: »

Remember Chris Forrester being linked to a move to the PL a while back. Now struggling at Peterborough by all accounts.

Forrester never played for Cork boi.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Forrester never played for Cork boi.

A nothing player bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

While I'd agree with this for the most part, Forrester is only struggling at Peterborough with the new manager this season. Was a regular starter before that, maybe even captain.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    While I'd agree with this for the most part, Forrester is only struggling at Peterborough with the new manager this season. Was a regular starter before that, maybe even captain.

Not really the point.

Like McClean at Sunderland & Horgan at Preston first few months it can be easier when you are unknown to make an instant impact.
    McClean has had a decent career but back in 2012 he was linked to Man Utd lol.

It is much harder to sustain the form.

Maquire is a very good player but there is a habit amongst Irish fans of getting carried away with some Irish players.

I would be optimistic Maquire can become a consistent very good Championship player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

I hope he moves somewhere for a cool £10m as that would mean ching ching for CCFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Yeah Forrester didn’t get on with that manager, was on the bench a lot. They’ve brought in Steve Evans as manager early this week so could be a clean slate for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I wait for 1 good season at championship level before I would get carried away, but still great see him do well so far.

It all started with Aidan Mcgeady being new Ronaldinho

sugarman wrote: »
    ...or also the trend there that the manager that favored them had been sacked/left!

Horgan's end product has never really been good enough.

Produces great moments & is a good player but Duffy at Dundalk has a better goal record than Horgan at Dundalk so far.

Waterford fans, match v Bray is at 3pm on the 19th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Why didn't you just text the 2 of them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

We still don’t know what time our game in Derry kicks off, Not good enough, we could take decent numbers if it’s an afternoon kick off as it’s a bank holiday

We still don’t know what time our game in Derry kicks off, Not good enough, we could take decent numbers if it’s an afternoon kick off as it’s a bank holiday

Probably wont be going ahead as Derry had a number of players playing u21 football for Ireland & N.I.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Horgan's end product has never really been good enough.

Produces great moments & is a good player but Duffy at Dundalk has a better goal record than Horgan at Dundalk so far.
    I like Duffy but he is not a patch on Horgan. I know he wasn't with us that long in the grand scheme of things but Daryl will go down in history as one of our greats.

• Advertisement

Why didn't you just text the 2 of them?

I'm a Bray fan, why would I be texting Waterford fans on here match details?

Pighead wrote: »
    I like Duffy but he is not a patch on Horgan. I know he wasn't with us that long in the grand scheme of things but Daryl will go down in history as one of our greats.

Horgan is better no doubt.

But Horgan's end product even when superb at Dundalk should have been better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

A three points for Limerick tonight would be absolutely huge. I'm looking at the season this way: We need 32 points from the remaining 33 games to get 9th in the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Lads, anyone know for the Dundalk/Cork game can you just rock up and get tickets on the door? Facebook is saying ticket office closes @5pm :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

hots wrote: »
    Lads, anyone know for the Dundalk/Cork game can you just rock up and get tickets on the door? Facebook is saying ticket office closes @5pm :/

Will be no problem buying tickets right up to kick off. Try to get early if possible as queues can be big for matches like this. Pop in to the Lilywhite for a prematch pint if you are early enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

doncarlos wrote: »
    Will be no problem buying tickets right up to kick off. Try to get early if possible as queues can be big for matches like this. Pop in to the Lilywhite for a prematch pint if you are early enough

Excellent cheers, living here donkeys years and will be my first LOI game (although watched my old school team in dundalk before), looking forward to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Excellent cheers, living here donkeys years and will be my first LOI game (although watched my old school team in dundalk before), looking forward to it!

You couldnt be going to a better game, enjoy.

You might be surprised by the standard but like any game where two of the better sides in a league meet, it could be a classic or could be a snoozefest. Hopefully you enjoy it regardless.

Feels a bit like the opening day of the season again today after the break.

Dundalk need a result tonight certaintly can't lose the game even this early.

Because I think Bray,Limerick & Sligo will be easy points for a lot of clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Stop giving us penalties

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Great first half in Oriel. Dundalk prob should be two up as Cork never got going. All to play for still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Daphne Polite Bedding

Patww79 wrote: »

Ryle Nugent milking his rugby obsession for all its worth before he's gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Dundalk absolutely battering Cork and it's still only 1-0... McNulty man of the match so far for me... so far Dundalk deserve the 3pts... and would curse their luck if Cork equalized considering the chances they've had

peno for Dundalk... first look it looked a weak decision, although the defenders leg was out and he was waving his hands....

and McNulty saves Bensons peno

• Advertisement

this match could swing now... Cork could be buoyed with the peno save..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Deserved for Dundalk. We were a lot messier than usual tonight, early howler from Nults and McCormack losing the head a bit. Could have been different if had taken that great chance with McNamee. Benno missing is always big and proved so. Not too worried overall though, lot of early things happened to go against us. Quick game after to put it right as well. Glad to see the back of that pitch for a while too as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

mada999 wrote: »
    Dundalk absolutely battering Cork and it's still only 1-0... McNulty man of the match so far for me... so far Dundalk deserve the 3pts... and would curse their luck if Cork equalized considering the chances they've had

McNulty man of the match? He had a howler for the goal and dropped another in 2nd half that had to be cleared off the line. Not his best night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Excellent stuff against Derry, 6-1. Kavanagh scoring too will brighten Shiels mood as well. Rovers have owed Derry that beating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Rumours of our demise have been greatly exaggerated. Dominant performance. Lord knows how we only beat them by a goal. Bar the last ten minutes we slaughtered them. Caulfield needs to be prescribed some valium for these games. Losing the head all night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Pighead wrote: »
    Rumours of our demise have been greatly exaggerated. Dominant performance. Lord knows how we only beat them by a goal. Bar the last ten minutes we slaughtered them. Caulfield needs to be prescribed some valium for these games. Losing the head all night.

1st win against the champions in a long time. Well done.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Deserved win for Dundalk, makes Monday's game all the more important, especially with Rovers banging in the goals tonight boosting their confidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Shaping up to be a great title race

Rovers look contenders now as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Blues joint top after an 89th minute winner in Sligo. Me and the other fan are thrilled!

eigrod wrote: »
    McNulty man of the match? He had a howler for the goal and dropped another in 2nd half that had to be cleared off the line. Not his best night.

saved a good few and also saved a peno ....keepers make mistakes... made up for it imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Bray were utterly horrendous, and we just scraped past them. 7 points from 4 games is actually a damn good start for Limerick (it will be 7 from 6 in 10 days).

Shocked at how poor Cork were. That was our easiest game against them since the season they were promoted. No fight at all in them and once McCormack went off it was game over. Could have been five or six on another night.

I'm not going to get too excited as I know they're far better than that performance. Shaping up to be a good season with Rovers looking good and Waterford as dark horses but I'd imagine they'll taper off as the season progresses

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

It could have been 1 -1. It could (should?) have been 3/4 - 0. That kind of match. McCormack going off was huge loss to City. Caulfield was correct though- take him off before he’s sent off. I though all in all a great match from two of the best teams around. Ref had a good match too. Not sure about the pen either ( but I am sure that’s Robbie’s last pen for Dundalk during 90 mins :o)

Good game, poor from city in general. Benno a lose. No excuses tho better team won. Onto Monday now

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement