Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Who got sent off, only ones I heard were Hery, Buckley and Beattie.

Caulfield, Reynolds, Hery, Buckley, Beattie and Aborah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Hery, Buckley, Beatie, Caulfield, Reynolds, Aborah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

This all better have been caught on camera!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Anyone know why RTE geo blocked the Dundalk game tonight on the live player??? Doesnt exactly help to promote the sport.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Anyone know why RTE geo blocked the Dundalk game tonight on the live player??? Doesnt exactly help to promote the sport.....

I watched it on the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

I watched it on the player.

Are you in Ireland??? Wasnt available here in Germany, nor could the brothers get it in London or Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Conditions for away fans and DFC supposedly having 6 million in the bank

The away end is marginally worse than the home end. Both need modernsing but throwing live flares unto a plastic pitch.......mindless

Sava was ok tonight, reliable as any 2nd keeper in the league.

I thought Duffy should shave bern taken off instead of McGrath but then I’m not the manager

Huuuban is excellent target man but Dan Carr is something else, terrific first touch.

Overall I thought Dundalk marginally the better team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

6 sent off in RSC. Hery pushed Caulfield apparently

When Caulfield was on the pitch to retrieve the ball!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

An embarrassing result for CCFC tonight. But not unexpected. There’s a misconception that we haven’t hit our stride yet this season. The truth imo (and I’m not speaking for all city fans before a certain tool gets sand is his vagina again) is that we are not a great side. We have a poor defense and 1 average striker.

When you throw in Josh O Hanlon to salvage a game you must wonder wtf the manager was up to in the close season.

Dundalk won’t budge from top from here on in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Waterford were not great tonight but got the win.
    Cork very good when the ball is in the air. Cummins was poor & Sadlier was a threat.
    Aborah was excellent for Waterford but it was an off night for them overall but they got the win.

McCormack is playing nowhere near the same level this season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

bot43 wrote: »
    An embarrassing result for CCFC tonight. But not unexpected.

How was it embarrassing?

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    C'mon Rovers!!
    ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Nice header, 2 up front now, chance for Rovers to get a draw.

I’ll have to give up the oul drink, I swear two City fans are cheering for Rovers
    ( but I suppose when I wake up tomorrow it was only a dream)

This is a funny year as regards matches played;

Dundalk have played 6 home and 3 away matches

The reverse with City - 3 home and 6 away

After tomorrow’s match Sligo will have played 6 at home (3 away)

Derry 5 away and 3 home

When we are at 18 matches it will be better balanced, but for now its topsy turvy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

joeysoap wrote: »
    I’ll have to give up the oul drink, I swear two City fans are cheering for Rovers
    ( but I suppose when I wake up tomorrow it was only a dream)

The dream was a draw but it was only a dream.
    Although they really should have scored a second.

The dream was a draw but it was only a dream.
    Although they really should have scored a second.

:P

If Kevin Horgan was a Athlone GK he would get done for match fixing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Nesta99 wrote: »
    [/B]

When Caulfield was on the pitch to retrieve the ball!

And clipped Héry's ankle......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Video doing the rounds on fb of the incident, interesting watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Pat's strolled to that 5-0 victory tonight. I think early in the second half the players became bored and got a bit sloppy, but overall it was a good performance.

Jake Keegan was MOTM for me. Scored a brace and was very involved in a lot of play whereas Christy tends to get isolated. Good to see Keegan get off the mark anyway.

There were no bad performances from anyone really. Toner and Desmond were very good at centre back when they had to be, Ryan Brennan had his best game so far and Jamie Lennon continues to impress.

We did what we had to do and improved our goal difference so a good night all round.

No doubt Bray are the worst team in the league. There's no chance whatsoever that they'll finish in any other position but bottom. A lot of their big name players really don't care, they did not try a leg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

How was it embarrassing?

Our manager was blown over by a gust of wind for starters. Losing to a very very limited side like them after taking an early lead = embarrassing.

Our manager can never ever bitch about anyone taking a dive ever again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Cork made a show of themselves in Waterford tonight, embarrassing behavior

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

How so?

Our manager was blown over by a gust of wind for starters. Losing to a very very limited side like them after taking an early lead = embarrassing.

Waterford are a limited team, yes. But they are above us in the league and come the end of the season, will probably finish in the top 4, I certainly wouldn't call that embarrassing.

The scenario with Caulfield is a different issue. But he will continue to carry on as he always does, he's consistent if nothing else.

Yeah, 6 from City sent off apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Fair play to Waterford, second half performance wasn't good enough and deserved to win based on that in the end. Whats this nonsense about Caulfield 'diving' though? He was pushed over by Hery after he dribbled the ball away from a City throw after someone on the Waterford bench knocked the ball away. Someone who says he 'dived' is obviously out with the magnifying glass watching Facebook videos, Hery put his hands on him and pushed him over, of course it's not smart for Caulfield to be out there in the first place but the push was exactly that. Both teams lost the head in the end really.

Need to sort out the striker situation because Cummins is off radar with the rest of the team and his game isn't suiting the players around him at the moment. He needs to be more active up there or we need to start someone who can keep moving defenders around and play himself into positions for balls from the likes of Sadlier and McNamee. Just a lack of balance about the team at the moment, need Beats and Shep on the right sides again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

@Cork fans, how's Barry McNamee playing for ye?

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »

I think he is a good player who is settling in nicely. Was played out of position in a game or two and that didn't help. In the middle he is a capable player. It can sometimes depend who is playing around him to get the best out of him.

NIMAN wrote: »

I'm loving watching him play, although for whatever reason he's been played on the right a few times to come inside and it hasn't worked that well anytime really. His passing accuracy is phenomenal at times. Caulfield just needs to be less conservative with Buckley at 10 and play McNamee there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Very frustrating narrow defeat on the back of narrow away defeats and goalkeeping errors at the heart of them all.

In fairness to Bradley he does seem to have most of the rest sorted out and his signings have mostly worked out across the pitch with perhaps the exception of Coustrain so far so he should be well placed to identify a new keeper...

Couple of well taken goals by Carr..

MrMac84 wrote: »
    How so?

Will I start with the bottles being thrown at Waterford fans as they left their usual pub or Caulfield throwing his usual tantrums all game, running onto the pitch and trying to tackle one of our players when the game got away from them, then getting put on his arse when he’s rightly shoved?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Canfield was only on the pitch trying to get the ball, heat of the moment stuff!

Cork lost the plot in Oriel (Mc Cormack) now Waterford.

Champions tag too much for them

I can see a good title race this year, both us will lose points Rovers will stay around hopefully Waterford too. It’s what the league needs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Caulfield was cool enough to skulk off in to the background as the melee was happening. Fair play to the ref he spotted the shove on Hery by Caulfield too!

Will I start with the bottles being thrown at Waterford fans as they left their usual pub or Caulfield throwing his usual tantrums all game, running onto the pitch and trying to tackle one of our players when the game got away from them, then getting put on his arse when he’s rightly shoved?

If we are going to be including small instances outside the ground as that then all teams lose the plot, and also both teams had supporters who got involved in silly stuff outside. All this non football stuff is nonsense really, and Waterford deserved to win, but acting as if it was one sided is short sighted. He didn't try to 'tackle' him, he was trying to get the ball, of course he shouldn't have been on the pitch. But it all started from the Waterford bench not giving the ball back to Griffin.

The Waterford keeper injuring himself riling up City fans by celebrating was quite humorous though.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Good to see a new rivalry heating up in the league! Good for everyone. Stick the return match on TV!

PhilipsR wrote: »
    Good to see a new rivalry heating up in the league! Good for everyone. Stick the return match on TV!

As stupid as the stuff at the end was, I agree. It's nice to have a sort of local rivalry again that is also comparable on the league table. Waterford are a good team though, can go back and forth about the ****e stuff at the end but they played well the last half hour and we never really matched them. The missed chances in the first half inevitably came back to bite us.

Corholio wrote: »
    If we are going to be including small instances outside the ground as that then all teams lose the plot, and also both teams had supporters who got involved in silly stuff outside. All this non football stuff is nonsense really, and Waterford deserved to win, but acting as if it was one sided is short sighted. He didn't try to 'tackle' him, he was trying to get the ball, of course he shouldn't have been on the pitch. But it all started from the Waterford bench not giving the ball back to Griffin.

The Waterford keeper injuring himself riling up City fans by celebrating was quite humorous though.

Glass bottles being thrown at Waterford fans who did **** all to instigate anything is hardly a small incident.

As for Caulfield not trying to “tackle” him? If I didn’t know any better I’d think he was playing right full :D

Glass bottles being thrown at Waterford fans who did **** all to instigate anything is hardly a small incident.

As for Caulfield not trying to “tackle” him? If I didn’t know any better I’d think he was playing right full :D

My point is that you were including an apparent small group of fans doing that as 'City making a show of themselves' Any decent fan would rightly condemn that but it's clearly not indicative of City fans, and especially when there are reports that Waterford fans were no angels either.

Was that photo taken from the International Space Station? :p But fair play on the win all the same.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

How many Waterford games now is it so far that have had after the game reports of 'non-football behaviour' of other teams fans...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Lads I think that was an inside job tonight......

Horgan like his brother wanted the name to be remembered in Dundalk.....

McCormack....one of many secret agents from Dundalk worshipped down there in Cork. Really supports his home town team and hasnt told them yet.

Carlingford??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I think he is a good player who is settling in nicely. Was played out of position in a game or two and that didn't help. In the middle he is a capable player. It can sometimes depend who is playing around him to get the best out of him.

Good to hear he's doing well. He's a decent guy and hope he does well (except when playing against us).

For me, he's a Kroos type player. Does nothing overly fancy, but always there, gets a lot of the ball, rarely gives the ball away and keeps the team ticking over. Although to be fair, he scored plenty for us from midfield last season.

Pighead wrote: »
    No he wasn't. Believe me I've seen him a few times when he was woefully ropey. Tonight he was solid. Came out quickly twice to deny Rovers goals when they got in behind us and was solid on crosses all evening. Couple of decent saves too as well as good distribution.

Enjoyable game. Not much in it first half but I thought we were great in the second up until they scored. Nervy finish but job done. Folan didn't inspire confidence tonight at the back. Looked very shakey. Hopefully Hoare is back for next game.

God bless him he only missed one punch out tonight and i thought he fair solid.

Hoare to return next Friday v Bray i hear in the Lilywhite Lounge tonight(has to be true coming from that source,right? ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Carlingford??

He’s not from Carlingford, he’s from Cooley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Very limited side 😂😂 cork couldn't string four passes together. All you did was lump it up to Cummins. All the ball playing was by us. Our midfield dominated yours completely. Hery and Aborah ran the show.

Cork are a very physical side.

Good team & still hard to play against with the tempo they play at. But a poor side to watch unless the ball falls to Sadlier or McNamee from a knock down or 2nd ball. There very dangerous with set pieces & high balls.

Barry is poor at the back. But McCarthy & McCloughlin 2 good young defenders.

Waterford were a bit off their best but Aborah & Hery excellent. Akinade was very poor but improved a bit & played a big part in the winning goal which at first I thought he had scored it. Holahan & Keegan were poor also.

He’s not from Carlingford, he’s from Cooley

f*king jaysus :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Corholio wrote: »
    Whats this nonsense about Caulfield 'diving' though? He was pushed over by Hery after he dribbled the ball away from a City throw after someone on the Waterford bench knocked the ball away.

If you feel contact, go down.

Fine in the penalty box, but not sure it should apply to managers who encroach on to the pitch.

Oh your a funny lad. Take off the blinkers.

Can’t speak on lads throwing bottles other then to say I was drinking near Norris bar and didn’t see this. Every club has fools.
    You mean the ball JC retrieved that ye kicked away?
    Yes he put on his arse but the only right thing about that was the Red card for Hery.

We had bottles and cans thrown at us in the away end, is that ok? Izzy the keeper and Duffus goading fans at full time ok? The Garda sergeant next to us didn’t seem too think so.

Try and be gracious on yer way up cuz these are the same people ye’ll Pass on yer way down again!

Very limited side 😂😂 cork couldn't string four passes together. All you did was lump it up to Cummins. All the ball playing was by us. Our midfield dominated yours completely. Hery and Aborah ran the show.

Hery and Aborah were class! Is Aborah on loan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

The melee at the end was fairly innocent, it's a bit pathetic to be building it up as a royal rumble from either side.

If fingers are pointed at Caulfield, was it Aborah who followed Buckley towards the tunnel and put his head into him?

stones in glass houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

MD1990 wrote: »
    Cork are a very physical side.

Good team & still hard to play against with the tempo they play at. But a poor side to watch unless the ball falls to Sadlier or McNamee from a knock down or 2nd ball. There very dangerous with set pieces & high balls.

Barry is poor at the back. But McCarthy & McCloughlin 2 good young defenders.

Waterford were a bit off their best but Aborah & Hery excellent. Akinade was very poor but improved a bit & played a big part in the winning goal which at first I thought he had scored it. Holahan & Keegan were poor also.
    I keep thinking how great it is to see waterford do well then im reminded akinade plays for them and hope it all goes tits up

• Advertisement

Both teams have people at fault Caulfield & Aborah in particular.

But Caulfield antics on the sideline need to be looked at now.
    It did all start because he entered the pitch & had a run in with Hery.

Also the this whole thing was initiated because of poor sportsmanship from Cork.

Waterford had an injury kicked the ball out.Then subbed Aborah because of cramp.
    The resulting throw in Cork launched into the 6 yard box & it could easily have been a goal. Really poor sportsmanship from Cork but they are not exactly gracious champions either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement