Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Corholio wrote: »
    But it all started from the Waterford bench not giving the ball back to Griffin.
    MD1990 wrote: »

Also the this whole thing was initiated because of poor sportsmanship from Cork.

I love it when we all agree on things :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Once managers go on to the field of play and psyically push and jostle players, there is always likely to be a bad outcome.

This is why there are clear rules as to who can enter the field play. The rules are there for a reason.

Caulfield initiated all this, not Cork's "sportmanship" or Waterfords "delaying tactics".

Caulfield does not have the temperament to be on the touchline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Both teams have people at fault Caulfield & Aborah in particular.

But Caulfield antics on the sideline need to be looked at now.
    It did all start because he entered the pitch & had a run in with Hery.

Also the this whole thing was initiated because of poor sportsmanship from Cork.

Waterford had an injury kicked the ball out.Then subbed Aborah because of cramp.
    The resulting throw in Cork launched into the 6 yard box & it could easily have been a goal. Really poor sportsmanship from Cork but they are not exactly gracious champions either.

Why should Cork kick the ball back? I hate that football ethics now dictate that ball should go back. If an opposition team puts the ball out for one of your players fair enough otherwise play on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

doncarlos wrote: »
    Why should Cork kick the ball back? I hate that football ethics now dictate that ball should go back. If an opposition team puts the ball out for one of your players fair enough otherwise play on.

Because it was a very unfair advantage. It was a genuine injury as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Because it was a very unfair advantage. It was a genuine injury as well.

It was a clearly delaying tactic because he had showed no sign 10 seconds before. I think most of the time it should be kicked back, but it's for blatant time wasting it shouldn't, having the high ground of 'bad sportsmanship not to kick it back' is not to consider what actually happened. As for Caulfield, as much as he shouldn't have been on there, it started from the Waterford bench keeping the ball from Griffin, the 'melee' had already started from that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Cork v Shels
    Cork v Limerick
    Cork v Dundalk
    Cork v Waterford

There's one constant in all the bitching that takes place on here.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Cork v Shels
    Cork v Limerick
    Cork v Dundalk
    Cork v Waterford

Bitching? Is it not discussion about matches? Seem to spend a lot of time 'bitching' about Cork and Caulfield yourself in fairness. I'm sure there's discussion about Sligo games you could be putting that toward instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

The real shame in all this is that the classic encounter between Bohs and Limerick has gone completely under the radar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Oat23 wrote: »
    Cork v Shels
    Cork v Limerick
    Cork v Dundalk
    Cork v Waterford

I was always baffled when Cork fans made out like it was us who were obsessed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

It's tough being champions!

• Advertisement

Its tough to successfully defend a title.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

"No-one likes us, no-one likes us, we are City from the Cross"

:pac:

In fairness, in between all this silly stuff, City have a lot of work to do on the team, Caulfield needs to take the medicine and stop playing preferred players and bring balance into the team. Can see Waterford being up there for quite a bit of the season definitely, Hery and Aborah are quality players and not too many teams will have an easy game against them. Duffus looks a good player as well, is he at Waterford for the season? Or only until July?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

If Bray do get an asterisk beside their name would teams points against them be taken away or would teams just get 3 points for their remaining fixtures?

Hopefully it wont happen but I have a bad feeling about them

If Bray do get an asterisk beside their name would teams points against them be taken away or would teams just get 3 points for their remaining fixtures?

Hopefully it wont happen but I have a bad feeling about them

Existing results would be expunged. Hopefully, it won't come to that but it is hard to see a happy ending for Bray.

Bray going bust may not be the worst thing. They have people in charge that would appear are only interested in a land grab and long term fans feel alienated. Restarting in the first division as a fan owned club or even local businessmen on board would be preferable than what's currently taking place.

Bray going bust may not be the worst thing. They have people in charge that would appear are only interested in a land grab and long term fans feel alienated. Restarting in the first division as a fan owned club or even local businessmen on board would be preferable than what's currently taking place.
    Wouldn't the club going bust get them the land grab though?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Bray have only played 3 matches at home this season (6 away).

Same as City but Bray need the revenue home matches (should) bring. Hard to see them not being relegated and not much to look forward to in the 1st division.

Speaking of the 1st division, looks a cracking competition this year. No runaway winners, and loads of former big name clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

osarusan wrote: »
    The real shame in all this is that the classic encounter between Bohs and Limerick has gone completely under the radar.

It was such an extravagant match that fans are still speechless trying to come to terms with what they witnessed.

CSF wrote: »
    Wouldn't the club going bust get them the land grab though?

No, they need to get the land rezoned. They've already tried to get council to do this by offering to build a new stadium but it was rejected. If they lose the football club then the land is completely worthless

• Advertisement

No, they need to get the land rezoned. They've already tried to get council to do this by offering to build a new stadium but it was rejected. If they lose the football club then the land is completely worthless
    Oh good stuff then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Corholio wrote: »
    Bitching? Is it not discussion about matches? Seem to spend a lot of time 'bitching' about Cork and Caulfield yourself in fairness. I'm sure there's discussion about Sligo games you could be putting that toward instead.

Anytime there's any bit of dissenting discussion on here, you get the "bitching", "oh, X v Y at it again" rubbish. It's not like there's been anything actually bad said, just people taking a different view of an argy bargy in the closing minutes of a Munster derby, where two sides that have been down in the doldrums in the not too distant past were playing a top of the table clash. There's been about 20 comments on it, it's not like we've caused the football forum to be shut down. There's been plenty of discussion between fans fromthe likes of Sligo v Rovers, Pats v Dundalk, Dundalk v Rovers, Rovers v Bohs over the years.

Unsurprisingly, high profile and well-attended matches in the League of Ireland get more comment on a League of Ireland thread. Shock horror.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Oh your a funny lad. Take off the blinkers.

Can’t speak on lads throwing bottles other then to say I was drinking near Norris bar and didn’t see this. Every club has fools.
    You mean the ball JC retrieved that ye kicked away?
    Yes he put on his arse but the only right thing about that was the Red card for Hery.

We had bottles and cans thrown at us in the away end, is that ok? Izzy the keeper and Duffus goading fans at full time ok? The Garda sergeant next to us didn’t seem too think so.

Try and be gracious on yer way up cuz these are the same people ye’ll Pass on yer way down again!

The Garda Sergeant? Ah cmon will you ffs, I suppose you’ll want Héry done for assault too.

The manager should never encroach on the pitch so he was deservedly sent off. Don’t talk to me about blinkers when “retrieve” is how you describe this picture.

I nearly forgot about ye refusing to kick the ball back to us after it was put out of play due to one of our lads going down injured. Butter wouldn’t melt according to you though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cms88

I wonder who Johnny C will blame for this?

cms88 wrote: »
    I wonder who Johnny C will blame for this?

Interestingly, about the teams poor performances he's usually quite honest. He's already accepted he shouldn't have been on the field. The same as Hery shouldn't have pushed him. Both were stupid things to do.

The whole thing ended a lot quicker than it seemed in real time actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

joeysoap wrote: »
    Bray have only played 3 matches at home this season (6 away).

Same as City but Bray need the revenue home matches (should) bring. Hard to see them not being relegated and not much to look forward to in the 1st division.

Speaking of the 1st division, looks a cracking competition this year. No runaway winners, and loads of former big name clubs.

Yeah but its their home attendances that are the worry. Cant be bringing much revenue in and with results so poor Id be worried about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Very comfortable win for us last night. Could have scored more than 5 goals.Jamie Lennon looks like a very promising prospect for us. Bray were shocking.

Yeah but its their home attendances that are the worry. Cant be bringing much revenue in and with results so poor Id be worried about them.

Dundalk next Friday at Carlisle, if they don’t get a good gate at that, then there is no future.

On the same subject : IMO there appeared to be more in Oriel last night then the official figure. I thought the same at the first match, which I believe has now been amended by +800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

RTE News showing footage of only the melee from last night when most of the time they aren't ****ing bothered about showing any coverage from the league is pretty disgraceful stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Another great 3 pts for us tonight in Sligo.

That's now 5 wins on the trot, Inc the cup.

2 home games now, good chance to gather some more pts, although next up is Waterford, a toughie

NIMAN wrote: »

2 home games now, good chance to gather some more pts, although next up is Waterford, a toughie

Fancy ye big time next week, especially since we're likely to be missing Héry, Aborah and Rennie :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Still dont know how we lost 2-1 to you :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Waterford fans should be berating Hery ffs. He's gonna get suspended for 5 games for pushing Caulfield, what an idiot. Yer best player is now suspended, so g'luck with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Advertisement

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Waterford fans should be berating Hery ffs. He's gonna get suspended for 5 games for pushing Caulfield, what an idiot. Yer best player is now suspended, so g'luck with that.

Berating him? He'll get a statue outside the RSC for putting that monkey man on his arse :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Still dont know how we lost 2-1 to you :confused:

One of the great mysteries of this season for sure.

But you have to let it go!

Patww79 wrote: »

For European matches something around 3300 for LOI matches probably a max of around 5500. Last night 3056, last week against Bohs 3263.

2017 best was 4746 against Rovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Last time ye won in the Showgrounds was 2009.

Think it’s time we need to change managers again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

The Garda Sergeant? Ah cmon will you ffs, I suppose you’ll want Héry done for assault too.

The manager should never encroach on the pitch so he was deservedly sent off. Don’t talk to me about blinkers when “retrieve” is how you describe this picture.

I nearly forgot about ye refusing to kick the ball back to us after it was put out of play due to one of our lads going down injured. Butter wouldn’t melt according to you though.

Sure don’t counter any of my points!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

https://braywanderersfc.ie/dave-mackey-resigns-bray-wanderers-fc-manager/

Sounds like they have his replacement lined up already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Kim Jong Un surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Berating him? He'll get a statue outside the RSC for putting that monkey man on his arse :D

Good luck in the next few games bud

Roddy to the rescue because who else would honestly want that job. When they came to the Markets Field we were lucky to beat them and expected us to be in their position seeing as they've got a better starting 11 than us but just seems that players have downed tools and only care about getting a wage at this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Roddy to the rescue because who else would honestly want that job. When they came to the Markets Field we were lucky to beat them and expected us to be in their position seeing as they've got a better starting 11 than us but just seems that players have downed tools and only care about getting a wage at this time.

What team has roddy not managed/played for !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Last time ye won in the Showgrounds was 2009.

Think it’s time we need to change managers again.

We are shocking and getting worse, they are lads playing there who are so poor it's unreal,
    Gavin peers gave a master class in centre half display for Derry and we have two donkeys playing there
    And someone tell me John Russell would not be better that what we have there currently

blingrhino wrote: »
    What team has roddy not managed/played for !

Limerick but I honestly expected him to be named manager back in January, we're slipping into Roddy territory so might have as well accepted fate and appointed him in some capacity already 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Seeing Aaron Dillon and Kevin Horgan first choice premier keepers is baffling. Neither could displace Conor Winn at Galway and I think Dillon only lasted a few months before being let go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

pjohnson wrote: »
    Seeing Aaron Dillon and Kevin Horgan first choice premier keepers is baffling. Neither could displace Conor Winn at Galway and I think Dillon only lasted a few months before being let go.

Yeah how Horgan is getting games for Rovers puzzles me. He has been a nervous wreck in every game I've seen him in and has had some high profile blunders leading to goals this season, the guy is young and could go on to have a long career in the league but at the moment he is out of his depth and Rovers badly need a new keeper as Chencinski is not much better. Cork & Dundalk have second choice keepers streets ahead of either of Rovers two guys battling it out for the number 1 jersey.

Looking forward to Rovers v Bohs on Friday night, it is a massive game for Rovers now as if they don't win on Friday night there could be a bit of a gap between them and the top 2/3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The Athlone team that visited on Tolka on Friday is by far the worst team I've seen the Reds play in the 14 years going to games.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement