Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Are the players that were under investigation for match fixing still with Athlone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Corholio wrote: »
    Are the players that were under investigation for match fixing still with Athlone?

Weren't they banned for a year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

blingrhino wrote: »
    What team has roddy not managed/played for !

Shels. And we never will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Naughty, :)

Cork & Dundalk have second choice keepers streets ahead of either of Rovers two guys battling it out for the number 1 jersey.

Cherrie probably best 2nd keeper in LOI (Sava was 2nd to him at Dundalk).

I won’t be surprised if Dundalk play Ross Tracy tomorrow night at Richmond.

The Athlone team that visited on Tolka on Friday is by far the worst team I've seen the Reds play in the 14 years going to games.

Don't think I've ever heard of us scoring 7 since I've been following the Reds. 2 goals ruled out for offside too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dan1895 wrote: »
    Gavin wrote:
    The Athlone team that visited on Tolka on Friday is by far the worst team I've seen the Reds play in the 14 years going to games.

Don't think I've ever heard of us scoring 7 since I've been following the Reds. 2 goals ruled out for offside too.
    We beat Mervue 7 nil back in the day aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

joeysoap wrote: »
    Cherrie probably best 2nd keeper in LOI (Sava was 2nd to him at Dundalk).

I have no idea how we got Cherrie as a sub. He must be on big money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

CSF wrote: »

Rockmount 8-0 I think too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

And of course... We messed up and Drew with them...

Roddy hasn't been near harps either, altho if we weren't aware of everything that Sean Connor got up to, he could have replaced Peter Hutton, gave an excellent interview apparently.

CSF wrote: »

Must have been working that night.

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    I have no idea how we got Cherrie as a sub. He must be on big money.

Terrific keeper, kept Kept Bray in the premier division. Even though he’s at City now he’s still (and always be) a legend at Dundalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

overshoot wrote: »
    And of course... We messed up and Drew with them...

How 1) you conceded and 2) only managed 1 goal against them is beyond me. 7-0 was extremely modest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

How 1) you conceded and 2) only managed 1 goal against them is beyond me. 7-0 was extremely modest.

I didnt get to it but by all accounts one of those nights... 3 of the post i think, another 3/4 just wide, off the line etc.
    I'd to go to football myself 15mins in and the guys on the match thread were already saying this will be one of those nights with all the chances we missed :(
    Theyre a big bogey team for us down through the years :o A (televised) draw against them in 07 cost us the first division title that year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Existing results would be expunged. Hopefully, it won't come to that but it is hard to see a happy ending for Bray.

Not sure it's that straight forward think it depends how far into the season they are before they fold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Who the hell would take that Bray job?

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Not sure it's that straight forward think it depends how far into the season they are before they fold.

Monaghan and Dublin City results were expunged.

Hopefully it won’t cone to that, last thing we need is ‘another’ 9 team league.

But I can’t see why anyone (sane) would apply for the manager position at Bray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭prodsc

Who the hell would take that Bray job?

Roddy?

Cobh 1 - 0 Limerick.

4 goals in 11 games, no goals in the last 5 games. Thank Christ for Bray.

• Advertisement

Raining goals in Inchicore,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

On the one hand its pretty much an impossible task, on the other though a manager has nothing to lose by having a go since there's no expectations so it might appeal to a young manager trying to get their break or a Harry Kenny type person whos been a coach but wants a go at management. Some good players to work with there too with the likes of Greene, McCabe, Sullivan so could be a job that appeals to someone with nothing to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Sounds like an absolute cracker in Richmond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Its a pain to lose that on penalties.

justshane wrote: »

Tbh I thought Dundalk were done and dusted at half time. Mad from then on.
    kksaints wrote: »
    Its a pain to lose that on penalties.

It is, (especially a cup final) but yeah, it’s rough.

Were you at the match and was it as mad as it appears ( Dundalk concede 1 in 9 league marches and 4 in one match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

justshane wrote: »

Crazy game.

Dundalk looked very comfortable in the first half, but players who were returning from injury; O'Donnell, Mountney, Jarvis, Gatland tired in the second half and Pats controlled the game from then on.

Both teams were poor at defending set pieces and every ball into either box looked like it was going to be a goal.

Cracker of a goal from Fagan, by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 903 ✭✭✭skaface

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Waterford fans should be berating Hery ffs. He's gonna get suspended for 5 games for pushing Caulfield, what an idiot. Yer best player is now suspended, so g'luck with that.

He's getting the freedom of the city for it ðŸ‘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

skaface wrote: »
    He's getting the freedom of the city for it ðŸ‘

Typical small club mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

bot43 wrote: »

Look lad, all the clubs are small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

bot43 wrote: »

Come back when ye have 6 league titles

• Advertisement

I think the rules may have changed since and also it depends how far into the season the club is before it folds. There was an article floating around last year when things were looking bad for North Korea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Cape Clear wrote: »
    I think the rules may have changed since and also it depends how far into the season the club is before it folds. There was an article floating around last year when things were looking bad for North Korea.

Yeah hopefully it doesn't come to it. Could have an impact on the title race as Dundalk are the only team to have dropped points to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

When teams disappear and records get expunged, what has happened to the relegation spot? Are they automatically nominally relegated/finishing bottom?

I'm...ah...asking for a friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

osarusan wrote: »
    When teams disappear and records get expunged, what has happened to the relegation spot? Are they automatically nominally relegated/finishing bottom?

I suspect there'll be no automatic relegation & the team finishing last (9th) will go into the playoff. with the FD winners coming up to make uop the 10 team top flight.

Would make a bags of the FD again for next year though.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Results would be expunged no matter how late into the season according to the rule.

"If any Participant Club ceases to participate in the League or has its Agreement terminated under the termination clause for any reason during a season then its playing record shall be expunged from the record. For the avoidance of doubt, expunging the playing record means all points accumulated by and goals for and against recorded by clubs competing against the club that has ceased to participate shall be deleted from the records. Disciplinary matters are not included and records of members, officials, players accruing suspensions, disciplinary points and / or serving suspensions or any other sanction will be retained."

osarusan wrote: »

DvB wrote: »
    I suspect there'll be no automatic relegation & the team finishing last (9th) will go into the playoff. with the FD winners coming up to make uop the 10 team top flight.

Would make a bags of the FD again for next year though.

2012 season: IMO the only reason Dundalk made the playoff was because Monaghan folded, and Dundalk finished bottom, which meant playoff, against Waterford. Limerick came up, nobody went down.

2006 season: Dublin City folded and Waterford were in the playoff against Dundalk who had finished 2nd in the 1st division. (Shamrock Rovers won the 1st division) Dundalk beat Waterford over 2 legs but even though they won the league that year, Shelbourne were demoted and Waterford stayed up. Galway united who were 3rd in the 1st division were promoted in place of Dublin City, and Dundalk who won the playoff were left in the 1st division. Work that one out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

2006 season: Dublin City folded and Waterford were in the playoff against Dundalk who had finished 2nd in the 1st division. (Shamrock Rovers won the 1st division) Dundalk beat Waterford over 2 legs but even though they won the league that year, Shelbourne were demoted and Waterford stayed up. Galway united who were 3rd in the 1st division were promoted in place of Dublin City, and Dundalk who won the playoff were left in the 1st division. Work that one out.

Ah the old promotion by DVD tactic. Given its success rate surprised no one has thought of trying it again;)

I'm no fan of Dundalk but that was a complete joke of a decision.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Conor Clifford signs for Limerick after his suspension has ended

Tidy player. Interesting to see if he plays against Dundalk on Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Good signing.

Limerick will be hoping he can get some goals from midfield. Maquire in CM is very poor. Duggan average as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MD1990 wrote: »
    Good signing.

Limerick will be hoping he can get some goals from midfield. Maquire in CM is very poor. Duggan average as well.

Coleman seems to be first choice in midfield for them. He wasn’t playing against Cobh tho? Was he rested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Coleman seems to be first choice in midfield for them. He wasn’t playing against Cobh tho? Was he rested?

A few players rested alright, with an eye on 2 games in a few days. Coleman does an awful lot of work, and needed a break.

No worries as our tremendous squad depth saw us through ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Coleman was rested. He has been very good this year. Limerick's best player. Billy Dennehy has been very good at LB.
    Will Fitzgerald was rested too. He is an excellent young player lightening pace.

They are so poor in attack apart from Fizgerald who is only 18 & yet to score. Conor Ellis & Morrissey are 1st Division players. Mark O'Sullivan has injuries looks past his best.

MrMac84 wrote: »

And a badly needed rest too. Was poor against Bohs but the lad has been doing the work of two players, gets through some amount of work and seems to be catching up with him.

Hopefully Clifford can hit the ground running. Badly needed addition to midfield given Wearen could be out for awhile but didn't look anyway decent before his injury, Maguire still struggling to find form but understandable and Cantwell while he's been good in the games he's played in midfield and I'd have him starting is also needed to cover defence especially now that Dennehy and Brouder have been taking turns the last couple of games of whose turn is it to get injured today.

Tidy player. Interesting to see if he plays against Dundalk on Tuesday.

Wouldn't bet on it myself!

• Advertisement

He might though. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

DvB wrote: »
    Ah the old promotion by DVD tactic. Given its success rate surprised no one has thought of trying it again;)

I'm no fan of Dundalk but that was a complete joke of a decision.

It may have been, but Dundalk's celebrations when winning the playoff as if it was decided on the pitch was really odd.

It was known long before then the result of the playoff was irrelevant. It also lead to one of the great moments of 'protest' at FAI HQ...

dfx- wrote: »
    It may have been, but Dundalk's celebrations when winning the playoff as if it was decided on the pitch was really odd.

It was known long before then the result of the playoff was irrelevant. It also lead to one of the great moments of 'protest' at FAI HQ...

Then why did they bother having a playoff that year? I might be wrong but wasn't there a very serious injury to one of the players in that game?

Dublin city exit left: so no direct regegation, Waterford play Dundalk In playoff. Dundalk win and should have been promoted and Waterford demoted. Then - when Shels were demoted the decision should have been between Waterford and Galway as to who was going to fill Shels spot. Not automatically given that Waterford stay up and are joined by the 3rd placed team. But it’s the FAI.........

dfx- wrote: »

I think Dundalk’s biggest objection (aside from an irrelevant playoff) was that Shels spot was given to Galway.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement