Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Pity Bohs can't produce performances like that on a regular basis but Bohs were class last night. Supple pulled off Save of the season and the 99th minute finish what can you say, cracking night!

Prob the most entertaining derby in a long time!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

If you're wearing green and white I feel bad for you son. We played 99 minutes and we won 2-1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

And the nation is in shock as Limerick fc actually scored a goal.... still lost 2-1 though.

Rhys McCabe scored from his own half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

CarefulWellinformedBlackwidowspider-size_restricted.gif

Damn bot didn't get the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

John Caulfield likes that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/SoccRepublic/status/985567176739475456

Brillant goal. But ball was rolling.

The ref was about 30 yards away with 3 Limerick players in the way so I'm not surprised he missed it. Linesman has no excuse though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Brutal game of football in Blackrock on Friday... Our run had to end at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Oat23 wrote: »
    The ref was about 30 yards away with 3 Limerick players in the way so I'm not surprised he missed it. Linesman has no excuse though.

In fairness, if he'd played the ball to another player or the shot at goal had gone wide , there wouldn't be a word about the ball rolling. It happens regularly with quickly taken frees and goes unpunished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Wouldn't have been rolling if the Limerick player hadn't kicked the ball away..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

The rolling ball/not taking it from the exact correct position happens regularly, and if the ref does bring it back, most of the time the fans are roaring at them for being so petty rather than just letting it go.

The goal happened because we switched off. The Limerick outfield players, who made no attempt to stop a quick free-kick of any kind, and especially the keeper, who should have been more conscious of the really strong breeze behind them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

red sean wrote: »
    In fairness, if he'd played the ball to another player or the shot at goal had gone wide , there wouldn't be a word about the ball rolling. It happens regularly with quickly taken frees and goes unpunished.

Passing the ball to a teammate or taking a shot that goes wide isn't game changing though.

Lets not act like we wouldn't be annoyed had that happened to us, especially with some of the sh*te referring decisions that have cost us points. We look like hypocrites.

We were lucky the ref's view was blocked by Limerick players. I also said the linesman was to blame, but I take that back. I don't think it's his responsibility. He would be looking across the line for offside I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

If that had happened to us instead of Limerick I'd be giving out about our goalkeeper not the referee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Rovers 1-0 down in Bray with 25 mins to play, down to 10 men as well as Dan Carr has been sent off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Rovers 1-0 down in Bray with 25 mins to play, down to 10 men as well as Dan Carr has been sent off.

Rovers long term project is still on track though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

......Waterford really need to cop on. 2 more Red cards tonight, they'll be lucky to have a first 11 at this rate.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Pats 1-0 up against 9 man Waterford?

:pac:

Surely the end of Stephen ''their cup final'' Bradley if it stays this way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Jaysus what are Waterford at, they'll have no players left, trying to ruin a good season on themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Jeju

major bill wrote:

Isn't there something called the rebound effect when a new manager is appointed at a club, it's very unlucky that Rovers had to play Bray while they are in this rebound period. Bray will probably not win for another 9 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Jeju wrote: »
    Isn't there something called the rebound effect when a new manager is appointed at a club, it's very unlucky that Rovers had to play Bray while they are in this rebound period. Bray will probably not win for another 9 games.

Dundalk beat Bray two nil on Friday, despite the "rebound effect".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Daphne Polite Bedding

#BradleyIn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

First win of the season....apologies if it marks the end of Bradley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Rovers lost 13 of their 33 league games last season.
    11 games in to this league campaign and they have already lost 6.
    Oh dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Anyone watch Soccer Republic? Bohs play sexy stuff

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

BOHtox wrote: »

Bit turned off tonight though.
    Then again, it was only Rovers the last time, even Bray can beat them.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Bit turned off tonight though.
    Then again, it was only Rovers the last time, even Bray can beat them.

Tough task going up to Derry who will be well up there by the end of the year. I heard we still did try to play football but a game friday and monday is tough for a part-time outfit. Not taking anything away from Derry in saying that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    ......Waterford really need to cop on. 2 more Red cards tonight, they'll be lucky to have a first 11 at this rate.

When you employ a convicted rapist you can hardly lecture your players about self-restraint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Heard Caulfield sparked it all, which led to the two red cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Rovers long term project is still on track though.

Some of their fans were arguing that winning the league wasn't important that the long term project was the goal. Wonder are they changing their tunes at all.

As for Finn I hope he's enjoying the kick around with Duffer and watching the young lads in the academy.

Mushy wrote: »

Very good against Dundalk on Friday also. There was plenty of people asking how you only had one point

Rovers so poor tonight.

Greg Bolger past it legs completly gone. Boyle is awful. Unsure why Gilchrist is starting as well.

I expect Bradley to be sacked in the morning.

Great win for Derry if they tighten up at the back they could challenge . Cork & Dundalk not as strong this season.

doncarlos wrote: »
    Some of their fans were arguing that winning the league wasn't important that the long term project was the goal. Wonder are they changing their tunes at all.

As for Finn I hope he's enjoying the kick around with Duffer and watching the young lads in the academy.

It will eventually become a financial decision...one season out of europe surely would be catastrophic.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Rovers so poor tonight.

Greg Bolger past it legs completly gone. Boyle is awful. Unsure why Gilchrist is starting as well.

I expect Bradley to be sacked in the morning.

Great win for Derry if they tighten up at the back they could challenge . Cork & Dundalk not as strong this season.

Next rovers manager? Anyone been tipped?

Rovers seem to have more pride in their youth than the 1st team.

Brandon Kavanagh was brought on tonight only 17.

Unsure.

But Brian McDermott ex Reading was linked previously.

major bill wrote: »
    It will eventually become a financial decision...one season out of europe surely would be catastrophic.

Well that'll be 50% of the club gone from members. Wonder how long before the other half ends up in private hands

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Would Harry Kenny be in with a shout?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Would Harry Kenny be in with a shout?

I sincerely hope so. Having watched his teams at Kinvarra & Ashtown Villa and then bringing that to Bray last year before the rug was pulled out from under him he looks to have the abilities to do well as a manager. Being a stalwart of the 4IAR team as well stands to him also.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

dan1895 wrote: »

Unusual appointment but promising. The announcement of Seana Cooke the other day was very interesting. Andrew Doyle seems to have a good plan coming together if these two are the start of the new personnel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

I was thinking I wouldn't mind Brian Kerr in the dugout at Rovers. I don't think they'll sack Bradley just yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I was thinking I wouldn't mind Brian Kerr in the dugout at Rovers. I don't think they'll sack Bradley just yet though.

Kerr hates Rovers. Can't see that ever happening.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Bohs played well last night at the Brandywell.

Good young side, especially thought Watts stood out. Took his goal very well.

But 100% record for us at home continues. I think overall we deserved the victory. We also hit the woodwork twice. But Bohs had a great chance at 1-1, one on one with goalkeeper and poor effort at a finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

major bill wrote: »

They lost two cup finals in the space of four days, Dublin Derby and then the Wicklow Derby.
    Mushy wrote: »

Apologies to everyone except Rovers, I take it!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement