Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭DvB

dfx- wrote: »
    I think Bradley will be given a chance, probably until the end of the season unless form drops dramatically.

As he hasn't the correct badges he can only assume the role for 60 days max. Unless someone with the badges is appointed as a puppet manager & Bradley is actually pulling the strings.

I have a feeling that Doolin may get it longer term, that appointment doesn't inspire me with confidence, but then again Fenlon's did & look what happened there...
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

There's not a whole lot of difference between Doolin and Fenlon for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

dfx- wrote: »
    There's not a whole lot of difference between Doolin and Fenlon for me..

How has Doolin performed as manager when money has been limited?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Biggest problem at Shamrock Rovers is the culture at the club. Far too quick to get on the manager's & certain players back's if things are not going well. Also the current squad apart from Dean Clarke are badly lacking in pace. In the last 20 years they have won just 2 league titles as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

MD1990 wrote: »
    Biggest problem at Shamrock Rovers is the culture at the club. Far too quick to get on the manager's & certain players back's if things are not going well. Also the current squad apart from Dean Clarke are badly lacking in pace. In the last 20 years they have won just 2 league titles as well.

Its Liverpool syndrome. Past glory does not guarantee success in the present/future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

CHealy wrote: »
    Its Liverpool syndrome. Past glory does not guarantee success in the present/future.

A million Euro head start on everyone else in the league should at least buy them a cup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

MD1990 wrote: »

I don't know who was on Fenlon's back as you suggest. While people were pissed off with the poison football, there was no campaign to get him sacked.
    Having said that, I think the club made the correct decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Biggest problem at Rovers is bad decision-making. They haven't got a decision right since the day they appointed O'Neill. Every appointment since has been an utter car crash for one reason or another.

Bateman wrote: »
    Biggest problem at Rovers is bad decision-making. They haven't got a decision right since the day they appointed O'Neill. Every appointment since has been an utter car crash for one reason or another.
    Bateman wrote: »
    But they've all been reasonable managerial decisions?
    Kenny was not long back from Scotland where he got to as a result of being the stand out young manager in this league.
    We all know what he's done since.

Felon was in a similar boat with the added experience of excellent European results and 2 cup finals with a mediocre Scottish side.
    Wherever Felon lands next, there's
    every chance he'll be as successful as Kenny was when he got the boot.

Crowly was a stand out coach in their set up and probably in the country. He was worth a shot.

On the surface there was nothing wrong with any of those appointments.
    The fact they didn't lead to success points to deeper issues at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,542 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Alan Byrne gone to Waterford...I don't know how that happens, but it's great news. A player who managed to do less for us than Mick Day is somehow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Mushy wrote: »
    Alan Byrne gone to Waterford...I don't know how that happens, but it's great news. A player who managed to do less for us than Mick Day is somehow!

Waterford are taking the absolute piss with their poor buckets. I actually hope they go out of business now. They don't ****ing deserve it.

Waterford are a basket case. It's extremely maddening to think people have given generously in the belief Waterford were going out of business only to see a team with no hope of promotion strengthening their team.

From a football point of view I saw a video of the goals from the Limerick game. I've no idea what Collins is doing there. The defending was diabolical. 3 players running out to the ball while 2 strikers are left alone in the box.
    You'd go mad if U12s were at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

SantryRed wrote: »
    Waterford are taking the absolute piss with their poor buckets. I actually hope they go out of business now. They don't ****ing deserve it.

Threw a fiver in the bucket up in Dalymount as my own club were in the exact same position recently enough. Great to see mine and other fans money going to pay journeymen a wage. I really feel for the lads that actually made an effort to collect for them like the Bohs chairman. I'd say he feels like a right eejit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Saw this elsewhere for other leagues and was wondering if anyone hear has any opinions. Basically your thoughts on what a given stereotypical fan from a particular LOI club is like.

Bohemians - Anything from a West Brit to a Lefty to a scumbag
    Cork City - Anti-Dub and chip on the shoulder
    Shamrock Rovers - Hooligan wannabe
    Galway United - Crusty hippy
    St Pats - Drug addicts
    UCD - Both of them are harmless enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Omackeral wrote: »
    Saw this elsewhere for other leagues and was wondering if anyone hear has any opinions. Basically your thoughts on what a given stereotypical fan from a particular LOI club is like.

St Pats - Drug addicts

We're quite the cynical bunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Never understood why the 'stereotypes' need to be so hateful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Never heard any club but Sligo call Galway that crusty line. Always thought it was a bit cringeworthy tbh.

Most ironic thing is half of their supporters base live/go to Galway for college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Dundalk Fans- Cultured, revered, considerate lovers.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Bohs are hipsters now, right?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Bohs are hipsters now, right?
    Bohs are try hards who want to be put in the same category as St Pauli etc

load of **** tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Bohs especially but Derry, Sligo and Galway can also be thrown into that crusty left wing bollox category.

Dundalk are well known for their though out intelligent arguments and fantastic spelling abilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

I'd say the 6/7 Longford fans could be thrown in to the UCD bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Should any of our league clubs progress (and let's hope they all do)

Dundalk have a ****e draw

City have a nice draw

Pats have either the best or worst draw

happy to be here, 5 years ago Rovers were strolling through the league and we were facing extinction or non league football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I remember a few years back Sligo themselves had a banner with Michael D. Higgins' face plastered on it. I thought it was an attempt by them to be left-wing.

Bohs have been trying to tie social justice into football for a few years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I'd say the 6/7 Longford fans could be thrown in to the UCD bracket.

There are dozens of us! DOZENS!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

There are dozens of us! DOZENS!

That's 24 fans then.

:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

St Pats - Drug addicts
    I am highly offended!!! I'm sure the other half is too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kksaints

Plenty of drama in the Shams-Bohs match already. 1-0 to ten man Bohs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

1-1

Good craic this match

2-1 to Rovers now.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

2-1 Shams. Comical defending from Bohs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Two goals for Rovers due to terrible defending. They're gonna give Bohs a tonking here.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Basics of defending escaping us once again, should be level none the less.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

SantryRed wrote: »
    Two goals for Rovers due to terrible defending. They're gonna give Bohs a tonking here.

I felt bad for the Bohs keeper. Saves the penalty after a worthless tackle from his defender. Then he makes a good save, just to watch his defenders turn off and allow the ball to be rolled across for the equalizer. Like, nothing more he can be doing for them. Of course, then he makes an utter hash of the 2nd goal. Real amateur stuff from him.

This has been a great game though, got my dad to sit down and watch it. He's spent about 10 mins complaining at the quality but that's 15 mins less than usual so I think I'm beating down his resistance to our wonderful league :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Bohs had 2 fantastic chances after going behind, Byrne very guilty of missing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

St Pats - Drug addicts

Maybe it's just me but it seems that 95% of Cobh fans are under the age of 11. Visiting there always felt like being a grown up in the film The Goonies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Cobh is a dump. Wouldnt surprise me at all if theres feral bands of kids roaming the place.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Big win in terms of a morale boost. A penalty already missed and 0-1 down, it would be very easy to roll over or not to be up for it as much as Bohs.

About time, Rovers took advantage of poor defending in this fixture...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭joeysoap

A good start. Money well spent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Another week another red card and a defeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Corholio wrote: »
    Bohs had 2 fantastic chances after going behind, Byrne very guilty of missing them.

Lopes' miss before half time was the miss of the season, if we can't put away simple chances like that then we aren't going to come away from big games with anything better than defeats. rovers are so ordinary, we still had a real chance with ten men.

Another win along with a clean sheet. Let's hope the form continues!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭overshoot

had hoped for something from this week and wexford in a fortnight, could really have stopped looking over our shoulder and been clear 5th! Although reading the report sounds like you were worth the win and we created little

overshoot wrote: »
    had hoped for something from this week and wexford in a fortnight, could really have stopped looking over our shoulder and been clear 5th! Although reading the report sounds like you were worth the win and we created little

Haven't read any report yet, but really needed it. Could be a while before we pick up more points with the way the fixtures are.

Ryan Delaney looks set to transfer over to Burton Albion from us. Delighted for him, great prospect and thankfully we do have some cover for him.

Shane Dempsey is also returning to us, one of our old guard.

Ryan Delaney looks set to transfer over to Burton Albion from us. Delighted for him, great prospect and thankfully we do have some cover for him.

Shane Dempsey is also returning to us, one of our old guard.

Good for him. Almost certain he went to the same secondary school that I did. Although Im a little surprised hes gone to a Championship club, he was roasted by Conan Byrne when ye played in Inchicore earlier this season.

kksaints wrote: »
    Good for him. Almost certain he went to the same secondary school that I did. Although Im a little surprised hes gone to a Championship club, he was roasted by Conan Byrne when ye played in Inchicore earlier this season.

Yeah that was an atrocious day for us all over the pitch. He's a lot more good days than bad though, and he's got a superb mentality and attitude. Could be a great transfer, but who can say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Shocked at Delaney joining Burton. Because whenever I have seen him this season he has not been very good. Don't think he has the pace for Championship level.

Do Wexford get anything for him?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement