Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Omackeral wrote: »
    That is outrageous. You’d probably get into a Bundesliga game for that.

For half that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Difference being there's 75,000 paying fans at Bayern and 80,000 at Dortmund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

NIMAN wrote: »
    Difference being there's 75,000 paying fans at Bayern and 80,000 at Dortmund.

It costs me €4 to watch the HSV U21s (4th tier, Regionalliga) with my membership. I think the normal price is only €6. So even at the Regionalliga level with a lot less fans (300 - 1000) it's much cheaper for a higher level of football.

€20 is absurd for Irish first division football. €20 is even overpriced for the premier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Crazy how Bohs have gotten six points off Rovers but only seven points from their other twelve games.
    Those are six points that Bray, Limerick and Sligo will probably never get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Crazy how Bohs have gotten six points off Rovers but only seven points from their other twelve games.

Easy to get motivated for those big blue riband days out, just ask Bradser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Zebra3 wrote: »
    €20 into the stands in Drogheda. For first division football. :o

Hardly helping their sh1te attendance...

Decent point for us up there - both teams had their share in the match. Ref blew for a free kick with him being a few yards away from the foul but takes the linos decision to award a peno when he was 30 yards away... mind boggling tbf.

Easy to get motivated for those big blue riband days out, just ask Bradser
    Those games are ye're cup final after all.

Those games are ye're cup final after all.

I love that line he uses considering the fact that Rovers haven’t won the FAI Cup since the 80’s, before many of his team were even born. I think he would’ve been 4 years old himself at time. A buffoon is what he is. #BradleyIn

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

How much is it to watch your side lads?

Ill start Cork City 15 euro for any seat in the stadium which is pretty good in fairness

• Advertisement

Same as that. 15 for an adult at Dalymount.

Adult : £14 at Derry City. Only rose this year, was £12 for quite a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

€15 for an adult at Richmond Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

€15 RSC. €189 season ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

€20 stand
    €15 ground

Pretty steep for season tickets and Dundalk don’t help by having a (putting it mildly) complicated price structure

Allocated Stand: Adult €275
    Allocated Stand: OAP/Full Time 3rd Level Student €220
    General Stand: Adult €220
    General Stand: OAP/Full Time 3rd Level Student €175
    Stand: Secondary School Student €135
    Stand: Primary School Student €60
    Allocated Stand: Secondary School Student €180
    Allocated Stand: Primary School Student €95
    Ground: Adult €175
    Ground: OAP/Full Time 3rd Level Student €160
    Ground: Secondary School Student €85
    Ground: Primary School Student €35

Corks system much better but you can do that with an all seat 7,000 stadium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

12e, 15e or 18e depending on when you buy them and who Limerick are playing. Have heard from some away fans they've been charged 18e even when bought in advance.

Standing is 10e, 12e or 15e again depending on when and whose playing.

• Advertisement

This student here gets into the Markets Field for €8 or €10 through buying online.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

15 for adult at Dalyer as stated above.
    10 for student, OAP etc.

Works out at just over 20 a game for members and 12 for season ticket holders.

The amount of home games I get to a season it works out for me as paying about 90 a game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

€15 for an adult in Tallaght, €10 for OAPs/Students and €5 for children. €15 is a fair price for a premier division game, anymore is a bit steep I would think. Madness that Drogheda are charging €20 in for a first division game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

€15 for an adult into Tolka. Think it’s been that price since the € was introduced.

Not sure of concession prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

http://www.dundalkfc.com/kenny-connolly-criticism-unfair/

Kenny defending Connolly.

I think he has a point. He has been very poor recently but he does get a huge amount of criticism whenever he does anything wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Zebra3 wrote: »
    €20 into the stands in Drogheda. For first division football. :o

And the place a complete hellhole. Lovely curry chips though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,278 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Adult is €12 in Terryland/Edp. €10 for student/concessions. We were €15/12 in the Premier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

anyone know the best place to park if going to oriel park?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

pgj2015 wrote: »
    anyone know the best place to park if going to oriel park?

Dundalk Train Station could be the handiest.

Dundalk Train Station could be the handiest.

Good advice but it’s pay parking. Tesco have a big car park, lots of Dundalk fans park there, they don’t seem to mind to non shoppers. Maybe 10 min walk.

As you enter town (leave M1 at J16) straight into town, and as you go over hill street bridge you’ll see Tesco on your right. Turn right at next junction and right again into car park. Oriel is a straight walk, and you’ll pass the railway station on the way. You might get closer but it’s a trade off for ease of parking and ease of getaway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

April has been a crazy month fixture wise. Season really needs to be extended at least a week either side.

Caulfield called for an end to "mid week" fixtures (unless caused by a postponement) and he is dead right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

bot43 wrote: »
    April has been a crazy month fixture wise. Season really needs to be extended at least a week either side.

Caulfield called for an end to "mid week" fixtures (unless caused by a postponement) and he is dead right.

I totally agree. No reason not to extend the season an extra week on either end to get rid of midweek fixtures unless as you say they come up as make ups because of games called off due to weather or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Just get rid of the fourth round of fixtures, no need to be playing teams four times in the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

City 2-0 after 25 mins, not expecting that.

The lines man in the defending half gave an offside against Bohs here tonight. He was about half way between the halfway line and the defending byline. The ref nor the assistant in the attacking half (who was in line with the attacker) never flagged for anything. Have never seen such nonsense in my life.

#GreatestLeagueInTheWorld

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

3-0 Rovers. All over. Had a feeling a wall would be hit tonight.

That's some shock tonight in Tallaght. That's the 3 points they gained on Dundalk wiped out.

Must be a good pitch in Tallaght, bodes well for Dundalk's European matches. :pac:

Was impressed by Rovers in the Brandywell last Friday.

They looked a much better team than their results would say.

Only a matter of time before they put in some great performances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Ugh, bad night tonight.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

That's some shock tonight in Tallaght. That's the 3 points they gained on Dundalk wiped out.

Well if we'd lost then we'd be 3 points behind now so not quite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Derry finally saw off Limerick's challenge on a truly atrocious pitch tonight. It was up in the air until the 80th minute, then Mark O'Sullivan missed an absolute sitter, and they scored 2 late goals.

Our lack of any kind of threat up front is killing us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

We constantly criticize the officials in this league but tonight in Dalymount had to be the worst I’ve seen in years! Some of the decisions were baffling and looked like Bohs were robbed of two penalty shouts!!

Felt Bohs were the better side had plenty of chances but same aul story with the poor finishing we really gonna pay at end of season if we don’t start taking our chances in Dalymount!

Waterford showed signs throughout that they could play ball some good footballing players but felt they were lucky to come out with the win!

Bohs far too often gifting teams 3 points!! Disappointing!!

major bill wrote: »
    We constantly criticize the officials in this league but tonight in Dalymount had to be the worst I’ve seen in years! Some of the decisions were baffling and looked like Bohs were robbed of two penalty shouts!!

Felt Bohs were the better side had plenty of chances but same aul story with the poor finishing we really gonna pay at end of season if we don’t start taking our chances in Dalymount!

Waterford showed signs throughout that they could play ball some good footballing players but felt they were lucky to come out with the win!

Bohs far too often gifting teams 3 points!! Disappointing!!

Thought Bohs were good in the reverse fixture. Didn't see tonight's game, we will take the win though!

Roll on Friday now and a packed RSC for the Dundalk game, looking forward to it but think Dundalk will win. Should be a fantastic atmosphere though.

• Advertisement

The lines man in the defending half gave an offside against Bohs here tonight. He was about half way between the halfway line and the defending byline. The ref nor the assistant in the attacking half (who was in line with the attacker) never flagged for anything. Have never seen such nonsense in my life.

#GreatestLeagueInTheWorld

The standard of refereeing is very mixed in the LOI. Ray Matthews was the ref at your match and I think we agreed before he belongs to the Anthony Buttimer academy for the bewildered but even he couldn’t give an offside by the linesman in the other half of the pitch, so it must have been flagged for something else. By all a counts Bohs denied a stonewall penalty.

Another excellent result tonight for us in limerick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

What's the aggregate score for Pats in Dundalk since last season?

osarusan wrote: »
    Derry finally saw off Limerick's challenge on a truly atrocious pitch tonight. It was up in the air until the 80th minute, then Mark O'Sullivan missed an absolute sitter, and they scored 2 late goals.

Our lack of any kind of threat up front is killing us.
    I didn't notice anything wrong with the pitch myself, but I was in the front-row of the stand and wasn't paying a great deal of attention to it. I spotted the odd bobble of a ball and noticed that it was sanded to bejaysus alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Rovers won their Cup final tonight.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement