Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

In other news, extratime have totally overhauled their website. Huge improvement, much quicker and cleaner looking. Always a great site but it needed an overhaul ages ago, so well done to them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Yeah ET looking good, serious commitment from Gareth and the team there to produce the best coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Cork City due to play Oman in a friendly on the 23rd Aug. Bit of a strange one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The mobile site is great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Cork City due to play Oman in a friendly on the 23rd Aug. Bit of a strange one.

Yeah they're playing Limerick too on the Friday night as well, bit strange indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Yeah ET looking good, serious commitment from Gareth and the team there to produce the best coverage.
    I do think it is poor that they don't pay any of their reporters though.

MD1990 wrote: »
    I do think it is poor that they don't pay any of their reporters though.

Does the site bring in that much revenue that it can? I don't know the answer, one guy in Sligo deffo shouldn't be getting paid for producing what he does. Surprised he was let stay on after something he wrote on his blog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Does the site bring in that much revenue that it can? I don't know the answer, one guy in Sligo deffo shouldn't be getting paid for producing what he does. Surprised he was let stay on after something he wrote on his blog.
    I would guess they could afford a €20 fee for the live updates they give & a similar fee for a match report or article.

• Advertisement

From what revenue? The site isn't monetised for google ads etc.

Ah I wouldn't start criticising them unless you know what the balance sheet actually looks like. Plus once you pay one, you have to pay a tonne of others. I don't think anyone is getting rich off ET at the moment.

I would love to see them go the crowd funding route though personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

New look ET is great, always been a great website especially since the sorted out that problem they had a good few years ago when the live updates page would crash in the last 10 minutes of every matchnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Kenny sheils has actually tried to get tonight's game with Harps called off because he has a lot of defensive injuries. The man just keeps giving!!

Rovers short price to beat Shams tonight, would have thought Shams were shorter price. Should be a good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Is this the fella who slandered a well respected volunteer based on hearsay? That kid isn't a journalist... why the hell have ET got him writing for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

CCFC Vs Bohs tonight. After Dundalk somehow managed to ease the blow of us losing to Sligo on Monday, we absolutely have to win this tonight. No excuses.

Away to Derry then Monday. If we were to win both games we go level at the top. Lose both and Derry go ahead of us I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Disgraceful showing from city tonight against a limited but well organised Bohs.

Dundalk let a window and a door open but City are happy to sit outside it seems. We are now in 3rd.

Stuey Byrne questioned the CCFC mentality at the start of the season. He was right to it appears.

So cross / disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Now, calm down, Neddly diddily diddily diddily, doodily. They did their best shodaiddily iddily iddily diddily diddily. Gotta be nice, hostidididildilidilly... aw, hell-diddly-ding-dong crap! Can't you morons do anything right?! :eek::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2-0 to Wexford, that is it, back to the graveyard.. assuming there still is a graveyard next year..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Longford fans gave their players dogs abuse as they came back out for the warm down. Very harsh I thought on the effort they put in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Alfa Quadrifoglio

Bohs very impressive in the last half hour against Finn Harps and would have taken confidence from that which had been lacking recently. Cork had two goals disallowed and Bohs seemed to have the backs to the wall according to the twitter feed.
    Derry now second and Sligo Rovers on a great run with a decent crowd in the Showgrounds tonight.

Longford fans gave their players dogs abuse as they came back out for the warm down. Very harsh I thought on the effort they put in

Too late for effort the majority of this season has been pure ****e. The manager needs to take some responsibility though. The players do as well as they can but frankly when you have had nearly more players sent off all year than goals scored there comes a breaking point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Sitting here and I an finding it extremely difficult to express my thoughts on what I witnessed tonight without being disrespectful. I have been attending Cork City matches with over twenty five years and it's the first time in that period that I am totally fed up with what I am witnessing. I am not even talking about the results I am talking about the football and the intent. When I say intent I mean the desire to progress forward and attack. I must have counted at least ten if not more times when either K. O'Connor was on the half way line begging for the ball to be played into his path so he could run onto it but no, the ball went back to Bennett, then McNulty, then a kick out and the momentum was gone. Anytime we get the ball in the midfield there's no attacking thoughts only the same result everytime, back to defenders then back to keeper. For Gods sake lads, please, play the game like Dundalk, watch them off the ball how their looking for forward passes everytime and not thinking negatively. I love this City and I love this Club but for the first time in my life I feel dejected with our football. Dundalk are laughing at us.

I'm not for abusing players or people in general but I would have to give most of the Longford team about 1 out of 10 tonight. Big Yann was ok, tried his best at least, and Ryan Coulter kept them in it. Simon was absolutely appalling compared to the performance he put in against us the first time. Thought Don Cowan could have done a lot better too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I can't believe Cousins has lasted as Longford manager for all these years.

Thought Don Cowan could have done a lot better too.

That is Don always... run down the wing, run the ball out of play, rinse repeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Amazing 7 days for us. 1300km round trips to Wexford & Cork and a great win at home tonight. 10 goals scored and 9 points picked up.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Amazing 7 days for us. 1300km round trips to Wexford & Cork and a great win at home tonight. 10 goals scored and 9 points picked up.

Sligo have turned into some team. Mad to think how bad things looked for you early on. Fair play to Robertson!

Bohs very impressive in the last half hour against Finn Harps and would have taken confidence from that which had been lacking recently. Cork had two goals disallowed and Bohs seemed to have the backs to the wall according to the twitter feed.
    Derry now second and Sligo Rovers on a great run with a decent crowd in the Showgrounds tonight.

The first disallowed one the flag was up long before it went it so I wouldn't get too excited about that. The 2nd I don't know. He may have been but was told it was an early flag as well so it was pretty obvious.

Not even dwelling on them. We had chances to win but were fluffed badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Sligo have turned into some team. Mad to think how bad things looked for you early on. Fair play to Robertson!

It has been quite the turn for the better for Sligo recently to put it mildly. Good to see one of the more progressive and better managed clubs in the league doing well on the field.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

gimmick wrote: »
    Disgraceful showing from city tonight against a limited but well organised Bohs.

Dundalk let a window and a door open but City are happy to sit outside it seems. We are now in 3rd.

Stuey Byrne questioned the CCFC mentality at the start of the season. He was right to it appears.

So cross / disappointed.

Is it time to look at a replacement for caulfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is it time to look at a replacement for caulfield

I'm beginning to think so but who's out there and available/gettable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Last 2 nights are the worst back to back performances I have seen from City in a long long time. Rubbish and that is all it was.

Kiss the league goodbye and Caulfield needs to go. I have stuck by him long enough, but if you only play for 1 half in a game, then you deserve everything you get.

Bohs were horrible to watch btw. At least Sligo seemed to have a gameplan, the other night and took their chances.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think so but who's out there and available/gettable?

Keith Long, cuts his cloth so to speak. Bohs may be negative this year, but last year I saw a few games and they looked tidy, comfortable on the ball and good going forward.

But I'd imagine there are managers in Britain who are reachable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Or Pat Fenlon!

Whatever the rights and wrongs of sacking JC, our board won't do it. They will look at our league position and the strong financial position we are in after Europe and deem everything an uncategorised success.

That said JC shouldn't be sacked. Madness to even discuss it. We are still in touch with the lead. Last 2 games ask huge questions about CCFCs bottle but we are still a point closer now to Dundalk than what we thought we would be.

Mushy wrote: »
    Or Pat Fenlon!

I reckon they've thrown away enough on some of caulfields squads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Or Pat Fenlon!

God no...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Or Pat Fenlon!

I reckon they've thrown away enough on some of caulfields squads...

I was kinda joking, don't have smilies on responsive site.

That must have been awful by Cork. Two great chances to capitalise, didn't do enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Whatever the rights and wrongs of sacking JC, our board won't do it.

That said JC shouldn't be sacked. Madness to even discuss it. We are still in touch with the lead. Last 2 games ask huge questions about CCFCs bottle but we are still a point closer now to Dundalk than what we thought we would be.

City would be nuts to even contemplate sacking Caulfield. Could have won the league in 2014 with one draw. Only team that kept a very good Dundalk team honest last year, and with any other Cup final opponents would probably have won.

Dundalk haven't been firing on all cylinders for some time now, lucky to beat Longford 4 -3 in the last minute (Dundalk's last league win), they appear to be distracted by the European matches. Dundalk were lucky with injuries last year but you can't stay lucky forever. Gartland is a big loss. With 8 more European matches and a backlog of league matches, this league is anybody's. But I think most people would have expected CC to take advantage of the situation. Only closing the gap from two home games by 1 point is surprising. Sligo are on fire but maybe just a titch too far behind to win the league, Rovers are not entirely out of it yet. As for Derry, while he is a good manager, Shields is definitely a lucky manager. And luck has a lot to do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

10 games of football now since City have scored a goal from in play 15 hours, sums up the current mentality.

Bennett scored from open play v Genk. That was last week ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

That was from a set piece ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

3 points for us last night. Fagan took his goal well and Clarke made two great saves to keep a clean sheet. Galway dominated the first 25 minutes of the 2nd half but apart from one great chance in the first half we were fairly comfortable. We had a good few young players starting last night. Kinsella who we signed on loan from Everton could be very useful in a few years time.

Header from a free kick.

Caulfield has brought ye as far as he will, 3 times runner up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Been away for a bit so still catching up on this thread.

Any link for this? Or background at least.

I did stuff for ET myself for years. Can't imagine Gareth's making much money but I wouldn't know anything about it whatsoever. He basically relies on people's goodwill and there's a lot of resistance from the established journos out there which makes it a difficult job at times.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Caulfield out? Definitely not. He has got us into challengers for the league. We are unfortunate that we are up against one of the best teams the league has seen in Dundalk. Could someone else do better? Yes but they could also make us a mid table side. Stick with him till the end of the season, maybe he will go himself.

We are playing dreadful football at the moment, but I think it will pass soon enough. The players need to take a bit of responsibility aswell.

Farewell Tony Cousins, thanks for promotion and everything over the years but it had run its course.
    Alan Matthews to take over until the end of the season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Farewell Tony Cousins, thanks for promotion and everything over the years but it had run its course.
    Alan Matthews to take over until the end of the season?
    No. Give Roddy a shout. He's never been relegated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Hard to know with the Cousins thing. I was kind of surprised he was sacked. Why wait til Wexford beat them? They're more or less down now. Giving a new man a few months in the top division won't be great preparation for the first division IMO. Sometimes teams should give these things more thought than they do.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement