Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Personally, I hope the barstoolers are saying:
    "That Airtricity League is sh*te. West Ham sent some nobody over and he's got 15 goals in his first 10 games!".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

No they didn't, Tallaght was far from full.

My favourite reaction was when Duffer came on to play in Limerick and the fans chanted "You're just a **** Daryl Horgan"

Cruel, but funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Yes they send to professional leagues with professional clubs with professional players. That also have professional setups and training facilties.

I left a clue in that line for you....it begins with P
    Sligo Rovers are very similar to an EPL club. Our players are professionals, our training facilities are top knotch and we sack our manager every four months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

3+ years since he held an open press conference. Disgraceful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Good 2-0 win for Shels over Bohs today. Solid run out and solid win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

Paul Rowan went to town on him in the Sunday Times as well........... he's growing very adept at making enemies in de media.Apparently the journos in rte and independent.ie are the only ones not on the naughty list...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

What is with the autoplaying videos of random ****e embedded in the middle of articles on that site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

damemcd wrote: »
    Paul Rowan went to town on him in the Sunday Times as well........... he's growing very adept at making enemies in de media.Apparently the journos in rte and independent.ie are the only ones not on the naughty list...
    Well RTE aren't going to fall out with him, they cant afford to lose the international rights.

What is with the autoplaying videos of random ****e embedded in the middle of articles on that site?

If you have adblock, right click on the video and choose Adblock Plus: Block Image. It will block those annoying videos on every site that runs them. They usually all come from the same player (performgroup.com).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

damemcd wrote: »
    Paul Rowan went to town on him in the Sunday Times as well........... he's growing very adept at making enemies in de media.

What of it? It won't make any difference. No pressure from the media is ever going to change anything.

The media don't hire and fire the likes of him. As long as they keep the people with that power happy, they are only delighted to have someone like him with no shame, to distract from what they are doing and never make any meaningful reform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

CCFC linked with Sam Oji. Don't think I'd be happy with signing him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

gimmick wrote: »
    CCFC linked with Sam Oji. Don't think I'd be happy with signing him.

We defo need body's after what I witnessed in bishopstown on sat

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

MrMac84 wrote: »
    We defo need body's after what I witnessed in bishopstown on sat

Heard it was pretty poor alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭CSF

To me, this deal stinks. What do the FAI have to gain from the purchase of the ground? They get to use it a couple of times a year? I can imagine the rental costs over any realistic period are lower than what they're paying here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Heard it was pretty poor alright.

The state of the pitch at Bishopstown meant that the prospect of a game of ball breaking out was impossible. City can't even train on it so why they decided to play the game there is beyond me. Other than that I think it was a good run out for the lads, Bolger in particular impressed me with his control of the game. Kenny Browne was definitely on the sauce over the break but looked solid. I'm really looking forward to the season, our attacking and midfield options are probably the best in the league, I do worry about the defense though, we will ship alot more goals this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

CSF wrote: »
    To me, this deal stinks. What do the FAI have to gain from the purchase of the ground? They get to use it a couple of times a year? I can imagine the rental costs over any realistic period are lower than what they're paying here.

Cool your jets, it is a partnership between the FAI, Wexford Football League and WYFC and they will have whatever access is required for prestigious matches. This will include Oscar Traynor games and County cup finals. They will also have use of the facilities for the emerging talent programmes as well as training sessions and coaching programmes. The FAI are frequent users of Ferrycarrig Park for schoolboy and representative matches. The complex was under threat and now it's future is secured for the largest soccer playing county outside of Dublin

• Advertisement

Any UCD fans wish to comment? Looks likely he will be a starter unless we re-sign Gavin Peers (doubtful) or Jeff Henderson (training, but prone to injury).

https://twitter.com/DaveRobertson11/status/694545136844443648

He's wearing Peers' number. Guess he's a replacement.

At 26 hes also very much one of the old heads in the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Dundal won 4-1 tonight against Cliftonville. Bit of crowd trouble awell.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Mark Farren Passed away

http://www.derrycityfc.net/2016/02/mark-farren-has-passed-away/
    It is with great sadness that we learned this morning of the untimely passing of Derry City Legend and all-time top goal scorer Mark Farren.

Mark was a true gentleman of the game both on and off the pitch and will be remembered forever as a massive part of the club’s history.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Farren family at this time. Rest in peace Mark

RIP

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭CSF

RIP, awful news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Terrible news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Just after reading the news about Mark Farren, RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

RIP to Mark.

Was a pleasure to watch him for DCFC for many years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

RIP Very sad, taken too young.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Oat23 wrote: »
    Any UCD fans wish to comment? Looks likely he will be a starter unless we re-sign Gavin Peers (doubtful) or Jeff Henderson (training, but prone to injury).

https://twitter.com/DaveRobertson11/status/694545136844443648
    Solid defender and pops up with a few goals as well. POTY in 2012 in his first stint at the club. He added much needed experience in the defence last season and was a rock in our backs to the wall performance in Luxembourg. Was always going to go back to the PL after his course finished. Good signing for ye.

RIP Mark Farren.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

RIP Mark Farren a great footballer, always liked watching him play.

• Advertisement

He used to score against us all the time and yet no one ever had a bad word to say about him. A great footballer and a great man. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Alan Keane retires, the shams fans will boo him no more :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

Panto villain, had it bad for him for some reason...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

JoeyJJ wrote: »

I`ll always remember last season when his misplaced back pass against shams allowed Fahey to rob the ball and cut the ball back for Drennan to score.
    The Shams away end erupted into "Keano, Keano".
    Soul destroying stuff.
    Anyway, was a great servant for us and wish him all the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

JoeyJJ wrote: »

Wanna Bet!:P

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Apparently we've signed Dave Scully. Any bohs or bray fans able to shed some light? any good? he's 31, and have heard the name before but haven't heard much else which doesn't fill me with too much hope in all honesty.

Apparently we've signed Dave Scully. Any bohs or bray fans able to shed some light? any good? he's 31, and have heard the name before but haven't heard much else which doesn't fill me with too much hope in all honesty.

It is without hyperbole I say he is probably the worst player I have ever seen play for Bohs.

More red cards than league goals in his first season for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Big lanky chap. Lot of antics up his sleeve - between diving or winding up defenders he'll probably win you a few penalties and red cards. Gave it 100% to be fair to him. Very limited talented. Very limited.

BOHtox wrote: »
    Big lanky chap. Lot of antics up his sleeve - between diving or winding up defenders he'll probably win you a few penalties and red cards. Gave it 100% to be fair to him. Very limited talented. Very limited.

Reason 1 why ollie signed him

Reason 2 why we signed him ahead of another team

Oh yeah the diving. He's a terrible diver. I mean that both in terms of frequency and execution.

• Advertisement

It's grand Mickey has the good dives sorted :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The only times I like Dave playing were when bray were two goals in the lead and wanting to wind down the clock. So that wasn't often! His last minute free kick v Limerick will be remembered fondly though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

yea we struggled for goals last year, not sure where they will come from now! Sean Houston can pick up a few from midfield assuming he plays an attacking role like his first time with us. Curran prolific at underage but hasnt done it yet (then again awful derry team) so hopeful there. Hoping Scullys work rate will create some space for him... or we just sign (a fit) Michael Rafter whos meant to be training with us and based in Letterkenny this year.

Actually what do Bray fans thing of Adam Hanlon?

overshoot wrote: »
    yea we struggled for goals last year, not sure where they will come from now! Sean Houston can pick up a few from midfield assuming he plays an attacking role like his first time with us. Curran prolific at underage but hasnt done it yet (then again awful derry team) so hopeful there. Hoping Scullys work rate will create some space for him... or we just sign (a fit) Michael Rafter whos meant to be training with us and based in Letterkenny this year.

Actually what do Bray fans thing of Adam Hanlon?

Infuriating. He has skills, but he's too afraid of any 50/50. Good pace though, so good for a counter attack.

Has he gone too?

Mushy wrote: »
    Infuriating. He has skills, but he's too afraid of any 50/50. Good pace though, so good for a counter attack.

Has he gone too?

not announced by Harps but he has confirmed on his own twitter he signed. Sounds useful to us, reminds me of Paddy McGreanaghan with that description!

overshoot wrote: »
    not announced by Harps but he has confirmed on his own twitter he signed. Sounds useful to us, reminds me of Paddy McGreanaghan with that description!

He'll do well, if his crossing improves ye will score quite a few.

Dunno wtf is going on at bray though, might need some players this season too. Nothing changes I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Hanlon was imo Shels' best player the year we went down but that's not saying much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Genuine question, but how much must Finn Harps be paying these lads if they're willing to move sticks and move to Donegal?

SantryRed wrote: »
    Genuine question, but how much must Finn Harps be paying these lads if they're willing to move sticks and move to Donegal?

bugger all still id imagine, our signings our generally local:
    Ryan McConnell (D) (man utd u21s) from donegal
    Sean Houston (M) (derry) from donegal
    Adam Hanlon (M) probably took some convincing but sounds like the type of player we need.
    Ryan Curran (F) From Derry

3 of the 4 have had injury issues which is worrying, Curran still unproven at senior level. 15 other confirmed from last year.

training with us / rumoured
    Richard Brush from Sligo (released anyway?)
    Michael Rafter based in Letterkenny for work i think
    Scully... did anyone else want him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Rafter was one of the better players in a shockingly bad Dundalk in 2012. He scored the two goals against Waterford in the playoff which kept us in the premier. Bit overweight though .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement