Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hah checked my pms today and i was unbanned in march!!

Should probably read them more often.

Quick update, Pats are ****:mad: but have great players coming tru :rolleyes:.....yay

Well done Dundalk.

Ha @ rovers.

FAI can fcuk right off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Winning again, delighted!

Dundalk 2 (McEleney 6, Horgan 75) Finn Harps 0 tonite.

Current table:

396852.png

Any news at all on the rearranged fixture v Cork?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Dundalk 2 (McEleney 6, Horgan 75) Finn Harps 0 tonite.

Current table:

396852.png

Any news at all on the rearranged fixture v Cork?

Be over before we play them ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Most one sided match I ever attended. Good from a Dundalk viewpoint, nice runout before Thursday's match. Finn Harps double parked the bus for the entire match. I don't expect anything from Thursday's match, now that SK has said the league is the priority, anything other than a defeat will be a bonus.

Afaik the Cork City match is scheduled for Monday 24th October. I expect Cork to give it a right lash between now and then, so it still might be important.

Cup draw tomorrow morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Finn Harps were wasting time when they were losing one nil.

I've never seen that before and it was embarrassing to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Finn Harps were wasting time when they were losing one nil.

I've never seen that before and it was embarrassing to watch.

in fairness after 7-0 (a record home defeat) last time against ye... losing the last 5 (now 6) without scoring... we arent in a good place right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Even with 2 games in hand, that 10 pint gap is enough for Dundalk. From a psychology point of view its huge.

CCFC postponing the game V Harps last week was absolutely insane. Even without O Connor and McGuire we should have played and beaten them with little or no fuss.

gimmick wrote: »
    Even with 2 games in hand, that 10 pint gap is enough for Dundalk. From a psychology point of view its huge.

CCFC postponing the game V Harps last week was absolutely insane. Even without O Connor and McGuire we should have played and beaten them with little or no fuss.

I assumed you had to postpone this one when postponing the Dundalk game.

If that is not the case, it may have been the wrong call based on what I saw of Harps last night.

It's Caulfield's job to keep the players focused on the next game. There is a lot of experience in the Cork dressing room, players like Bennett, Bolger, Browne have seen it all. A big part of winning a league is the mental toughness that is required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

We haven't been particularly good for the past few weeks. If there was a time for Cork to play us it was around now. Might be too late for Cork by the time the fixture comes around

• Advertisement

I agree but White Horse could well be right, having called off one you might not have a choice on the other. If however was discretionary then it was definitely a mistake. CC even without a few key players should have won that match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Maybe. I assumed they would have been individual requests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

you really would have... Longford at home on friday before you. 3pts is vital to us. If we dont win you will probably tank us. If we do might re-ignite our season.... a bit.... hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Gavin Brennan leaves Rovers. Not too happy either it seems :pac:

https://twitter.com/gavinbrennan8/status/775650179198386176

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

gimmick wrote:

Yeah, especially when even if we do somehow manage to get within striking distance we'd probably just bottle it again anyway...

...and probably against Finn Harps too!

Corholio wrote: »

I never like Brennan. However, following his acrimonious parting with Shamrock Rovers, I am beginning to warm to him.

I never like Brennan. However, following his acrimonious parting with Shamrock Rovers, I am beginning to warm to him.

SK approached him when team building in 2014. He said he could/would never play for Dundalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

joeysoap wrote: »
    SK approached him when team building in 2014. He said he could/would never play for Dundalk.
    Fair dues to him I suppose.

In fairness, it seemed like he was messed around at Shamrock Rovers. He's definitely nowhere near as bad as some have made out. He shone for Drogheda Utd when they were doing quite well. He's been out of Rovers team for a long time and when he actually played, he was being used as a left back a lot of the time, which is stupidity and a poor use of him as a player.

He's obviously not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree but a solid Premier Division player, he will have no hassle finding a new club in the Prem, I'd say Bohemians or possibly Bray Wanderers with their new found wealth are likely destinations.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Problem for him under Bradley apart from his age...is that there was nowhere to play. Fenlon originally played up at right wing and this season as left back cover.

Now with Bradley's 352, Madden is the sole player on the right wing and there is no left back. Trevor Clarke is playing on the left wing, so where would you play him.

Personally I'd rather have kept him and played centre half instead of Rovers current bunch - he can't be any worse. Also means that it's likely Rovers are going to play 352 in Cork and Dundalk. Gulp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Some head the balls on this thread about Celtic on After Hours. Of course LOI got dragged into it and the usual gick started to get bandied about. If you're gonna read through it, bring some eye bleach.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057646063&page=29

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Hah checked my pms today and i was unbanned in march!!

Should probably read them more often.

Quick update, Pats are ****:mad: but have great players coming tru :rolleyes:.....yay

Well done Dundalk.

Ha @ rovers.

FAI can fcuk right off.
    You forgot to apologise to David McMillan for doubting his brilliance.

Oh and welcome back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Derry have re-signed McEneff & Jarvis for next season. Have a few more resigned too. I can see them challenging for the title next season with 2-3 good signings. Doing very well this season despite losing Dooley,McEleney & Timlin last season.

Just a heads up for anyone interested. Channel 423 on Sky TV Eir Sport 1 are showing Dundalk vs AZ on Freeview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Omackeral wrote: »
    Some head the balls on this thread about Celtic on After Hours. Of course LOI got dragged into it and the usual gick started to get bandied about. If you're gonna read through it, bring some eye bleach.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057646063&page=29

Say what you want about the LOI bashing but that thread has been a source of some unintentional comedy gold.:D

So what am I missing? Watched Soccer Republic last night and the two boys were scathing of LOI management of the league. Tonight Dundalk v Rovers is on TV. At 7.00 not 7.45. That its on TV will take 1,000 off the gate. (Same as CC last week, I accept Liverpool took another of that gate) and the new time of 7.05 will take another 500 off. I accept to promote the league live matches are necessary but Shamrock Rovers 3 times in a week? And Dundalk twice in 4 days? And jiggling around with KO times does not add to the occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

What channel is the match on? I wont be able to make it to the game tonight with the early ko

What channel is the match on? I wont be able to make it to the game tonight with the early ko

RTE 2

.......and the new time of 7.05 will take another 500 off

exactly . RTE **** should practise what they preach. Why are they allowed to dictate KO times anyway. Not exactly covering themselves in glory covering the Europa matches. In case anyone isn't aware RTE HAD to cover the Champions league match under the terms they are allowed to show Champions League matches, and had to have a minimum of 14 cameras at it. Otherwise they wouldn't have bothered. ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

So what am I missing? Watched Soccer Republic last night and the two boys were scathing of LOI management of the league. Tonight Dundalk v Rovers is on TV. At 7.00 not 7.45. That its on TV will take 1,000 off the gate. (Same as CC last week, I accept Liverpool took another of that gate) and the new time of 7.05 will take another 500 off. I accept to promote the league live matches are necessary but Shamrock Rovers 3 times in a week? And Dundalk twice in 4 days? And jiggling around with KO times does not add to the occasion.

As a Rovers fan even I have to protest at us being on TV three times in 12 days or so... our record on TV is rank & another tonking tonight is a given.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

RTE 2

.......and the new time of 7.05 will take another 500 off

exactly . RTE **** should practise what they preach. Why are they allowed to dictate KO times anyway. Not exactly covering themselves in glory covering the Europa matches. In case anyone isn't aware RTE HAD to cover the Champions league match under the terms they are allowed to show Champions League matches, and had to have a minimum of 14 cameras at it. Otherwise they wouldn't have bothered. ****.

Ryle Nugent is Head of sport, what do you expect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

https://twitter.com/WexfordYouthsFC/status/778321452848320512

Lee Chin now a confirmed Youths signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Thought the transfer window had closed for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Was great to hear chants of delaney is a wa**er on rte.

If only we could organise some proper protests against him and the fai

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Nice to see the 'Delaney Out' flag survived for a while in plain sight of the camera at the Dundalk game until it was, I'm guessing, removed by the minions.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Was great to hear chants of delaney is a wa**er on rte.

If only we could organise some proper protests against him and the fai
    Nice to see the 'Delaney Out' flag survived for a while in plain sight of the camera at the Dundalk game until it was, I'm guessing, removed by the minions.

Fines on the way no doubt

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

kksaints wrote: »
    Thought the transfer window had closed for the season.

It is, paper work was done and dusted before then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Minnions? More like the Stasi.

It is, paper work was done and dusted before then :)

Didn't he play for ye a few years ago? Do you reckon he'll boost crowds a bit? He'd be Wexfords most marketable sports star I reckon.

Didn't he play for ye a few years ago? Do you reckon he'll boost crowds a bit? He'd be Wexfords most marketable sports star I reckon.

Nah he played for Waterford United (in 2011) and Wexford's Oscar Traynor before that. Definitely think he'll boost crowds for Friday, curiosity from GAA fans as much as anything else most likely. We'll tap into whatever markets we can. He's a big enough name around here for sure!

It will be interesting to see how it goes alright particularly regards fitness and skill level as a comparsion with the gaa.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm very interested to see him myself, Keegan really rates him, has been after him for a fair while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Nah he played for Waterford United (in 2011) and Wexford's Oscar Traynor before that. Definitely think he'll boost crowds for Friday, curiosity from GAA fans as much as anything else most likely. We'll tap into whatever markets we can. He's a big enough name around here for sure!

Seven letters is hardly a big name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Never heard of Lee Chin but the more options for Keegan the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

It will be interesting to see how it goes alright particularly regards fitness and skill level as a comparsion with the gaa.

Didn't realise he was a Gah head. Could take a month or so to get him up to the required fitness. Might not be a worthwhile signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Orizio wrote: »
    Didn't realise he was a Gah head. Could take a month or so to get him up to the required fitness. Might not be a worthwhile signing.

I'm fairly certain he's already at the required fitness. Have you seen him?

Orizio wrote: »

You just said you don't know him! He's only a young buck of about 22 or 23 and plays hurling and Gaelic football, he'll be grand fitness wise.

He's in the shape of his life and has played LoI and Oscar Traynor before, definitely not a month away from match fitness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Waterford Utd have been approached about a takeover can't find any info on it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement